Can I File Acrylic Nails?

Guest megster266

Guest megster266
I should have said I wanted oval shapes but didn't (TT_TT)
I was so pissed today :fury: when I got acrylics done for the first time. I honestly hate my nails right now, they look cheap just like the place I had them done at. The designs are so amateur <_< , I honestly feel like I could have done the designs better myself! I have one white dot on one nail, 8 on another, clumpy ones on another. *Sigh* Anyway, don't wanna sit and complain too much :sweatingbullets: , but I wonder if anyone in here can tell me whether I can file my nails to be rounded even after they're done squared? I didn't really think about it today, but I think that since my nail beds are so small, I feel like oval tips would look better :) . Can I do that on my own? How?

Guest fio209js2

You could.. but it would be very rough edged. After you file them down I suggest doing another coat of clear nail polish so they get their luster back from all the filing. ^^;

Guest RADcore

personally, i think acrylics look better squared shaped.

but i think it's possible to just use a normal nail filer,

Guest Kiwi Blush

Yes. But it's gonna' take you a while.

And you probably need professional skillz and a thick file.

I'm a nail technician btw lolz.

Guest ohhreallynow

I just asked my aunt for you, she does nails.

She said yes you can but it wouldn't look as good, and that acrylic nails looks better squared.

The person that did your nails is probably a amateur that just started doing nails, and you have to right to complain and ask them to redo it ... I know you probably don't want to be a pain in the butt but seriously it's your right.

Guest MUSIClLOVElLIFE

personally, i think acrylics look better squared shaped.

but i think it's possible to just use a normal nail filer,

I agree

Guest megster266

i know for sum ppl they look better w/ square nails but my nail beds are square and small so i feel like a rounded tip would be better. the woman who did my nails also cut them too short so they look stubby. i would rather not go back to that place, it's in the ghetto and i really don't like the chicks there. the one who did my nails was on the phone talking about her alcoholic boyfriend and how her and her friends should take shots until they fall to the floor. is that a statement or what... not only that, i told her it was my first time and she didn't ask me any questions and just did my nails even when i had told her beforehand i had the design i wanted w/ me.

Archived