[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest orange08

thank you, WITHS2 <3! you guys are forever awesome!

chiming in with my own thoughts: I EFFING LOVE IT SO FAR. I've seen the Japanese version and loved it so admittedly I was looking at this with some skepticism ... the first episode was pretty cool, but the second episode really pulled me in. I think if it continues to be this handsomely shot and directed, I will end up loving it even more than the Japanese version hehe.

It's very well-casted imo. I had my gripes about Jandi in the first episode, but I was completely sold after she roundhouse kicked Jun Pyo in the face lmao. And the F4 guys <333333333333333333333 best-looking F4 yet, imho. I love them~! The only one that I've not completely warmed up to is the Akira character (sorry I don't know all of their Korean names yet XD) because of the weird "YO YO YO MAN" ghetto English, but when he gets more of a background story, I'm sure I will. Kimbum is a cutie to the max and I adore him. Definitely looking forward to more backstory, especially when he and Yuki meet! Hyunjoong is really well-casted as Rui imo. Sure, he's kind of stiff, but looks-wise he fits the part to a tee and I actually think he's doing a pretty good job. Allthough I don't know how much of it is acting since he kind of seems like that in real life too XD.

And LEE MINHO!!! omg <3. HE IS FANTASTIC! I cheer for the Tsukasa character on principle (I love him, he's always been my favorite character in the story: manga, jdrama, and now!) but Minho is playing him really, really well. He walks a nice line between being totally unlikable and charming/cute in the way that you want to hug him. Like that scene where he was trying to hide from the bee was aces. As was that scene where he was talking to Jandi and telling her to stop crying about her bloody nose. I was aww-ing through the whole thing!! I-I am developing a huge crush on this boy. Him and his ridiculous hair and his stupid shoes <3333 (AND THE FACT THAT HE SHOWERS WITH A MIRROR AHAHAHAHAHAHA.)

The best thing is that the story is moving along quite nicely!! Not draggy or too melodramatic, yet. I hope this continues; it's been a real treat so far!

* also, Han Chae Young is SO PRETTY *____*

Guest Guccilove

gosh!!! i personally LOVED the korean verison of Hana Yori Dango!!! i only watched a few epi of both taiwan n japanese version, then i stopped... BUT MY GOD!! THE KOREAN VERSION IS TOO GOOOD!!!! F4 AREEE ALLLL WAYYY TOO SEXYYY <33333333

Guest thealien.

omg. first time posting here (;

but i cant believe joonpyo actually straighten his hair for jandi.

and he wore uniforms too.

i actually like the fact that the drama is kinda fast paced. (:

it makes you curious as to what would happen next.

and i think the scriptwriter didnt really want to go in depth or

have most of the scenes that the other two versions had.

i think theyre doing a really good job with the drama. (: (:

i cant wait for episode three and four. though i know there

might be some crying and tissues involved. (: monday needs to come by quicker.

Guest irezumi

Finally watched the two episodes with the subs now. Thanks WITHS2! <3

I'm excited about episode 3 and 4, as JP has straightened his hair and is wearing his uniform to get back into JD's good books! How adorable, can't wait to see JD's face when JP arrives to flaunt his new look So far the drama is following the manga pretty well, some tweaks to the plot make it different but I enjoy the difference. Out of the 3 adaptations, this one is slowly creeping up to number one, as long as they don't drag the latter episodes like MG did and also HYD Returns.

The actors chosen were a good choice imo. Seeing the drama, anime and having read the manga as well.

Jan Di is like Makino in many ways but she portrays a Korean style Makino, not a Japanese style Makino which I like! She has spunk which is required and she does have guts, plus when she screams at JP, it really shows how annoyed and frustrated she is with the guy.

I'd like to see the date episode and see her reactions when JP gets ill!

I like JP a lot! He does have the subtle childishness and that Tsukasa feel. His portrayal is fresh so far I love watching the scenes with him in it.

Kim Hyun Joong is kinda stiff with his acting atm, but I think the stiffness works in some ways due to the fact Ji Hoo has asperger's syndrome, but there's definite room for improvement.

So Yi Jung's character I hope will be more interesting once he meets Ga Eul. Woo Bin, I love the guy because he just makes me laugh though yet again he's kind of boring really. I hope they start showing that Woo Bin prefers older women due to his immature mother and siblings. Both he and Yi Jung needs a bit of background.

Though there is overacting, I quite like it, and I think if they slowly remove the comical overacting, it's as if they are maturing. Plot wise, good direction so far.

Guest BABYCOOKiEE

just watched ep1 and 2 yesterday.

i'm so addicted to this drama already!

i really like kim hyun joong's character in this, he's kinda awkward but its cute in that way

ginger's OH.MY.GOD. TERRIBLE! cracked me up for like an hour.

really looking forward to ep3 ^^

Guest heesoup

Can someone sub the preview for episode 3 and 4?

That would be very nice...

Thanks!

grrr. I am not looking forward to that hotel scene where Jandi gets tricked. :(

Guest misspinky

i thought boys over flowers just simply meant that a girl (often times seen as a delicate flower) will not come between the friendship of the boys.

anyways, i just rewatched the japanese and taiwanese version of HYD and so far i really like the korean version simply cus it's detailed but saves the unnecessary at the moment at least. and the fact that it is going to be only 24 episodes suggests that they might compact HYD but honestly i'm watching this version as a whole different version. there's no use in comparing as they are series that depict their own country's background.

the acting like a couple mentioned is a bit awkward but it's only the second episode so i do hope they would show some improvement. but the actors/actresses i'm loving, i think they fit their character.

I'm korean and JP was talking about a duck (ori) .. not a pumpkin (hobock) or watermelon (subock)...(<-- don't know where that came from...)

Jandi corrected JP saying "don't you mean a Swan?"

I think MiyuKanata09 was talking about the line in the preview for episode 3?

Because he literally said something along the lines of "A squash is still a squash even if you draw lines on it, it's not a watermelon"

or like what Screen Name said "How does a pumpkin turn into a watermelon, if you just draw lines on a pumpkin"

I guess people changed the translation for English speakers because the ugly duckling and swan comparison more relatable/famous.

It's also funny in Korean because "호박" or squash/pumpkin is also a term you can use to describe ugly people. lol...

Guest slmisfit
Guest jaejoong.ro02

This thread is fast! I'm loving the episodes and i'm excited for the up and coming episodes. I like it a lot and I don't know how to express it. I was normally a Hua Zhe Lei biased but now, I'm more into Jun Pyo. Gahh.. He's so HOTTTT and in real life, he seems to have a very pleasant personality because he always smile. I think I'm in love with his character unlike the way I hated Dao Ming Shi and Tsukasa's character. Good Job G8!

EDIT: Stand by me by Shinee is my LSS.

Guest miniejungle

wow looking at the preview for epi 3 i dont remember in both the taiwanese and japanese versions F4 wore uniforms or Domiyoji straightens his hair for Makino!!!! but he does it here!!!! so cute!!!

i hate mondays but im so looking forward to monday now... :)

and thank you S2 for the subs... happy anniversary!

Guest chimeraspunk

dont shoot me.... but maybe it means that Jandi will see through Joon Pyo and choose to love the true man within JP.....rather than his superficial mega rich and powerful image and status as leader of Flower Four.

Kkot boda Namja~

I like your interpretation of the title! That's very interesting.. I never saw it that way but yea, its a great way of understanding it.. Mostly everyone in the KBN world thinks of F4 as merely rich pretty boys with no credibility whatsoever. But with Jandi, their manliness and friendship will shine through and be revealed throughout the drama. Perhaps the title is a statement that rather than just rich pretty boys, they are worthy men.

May be late in saying this, but the song that Rui (Don't know Korean name) put in the cd player was it a song from my Girl? I love My Girl!

Guest valley girl

i amazed with this thread ,, increase around 60 pages From Monday kkkkkk

Hi girls, this drama so Fun i bet it will turn to more 500 in the end of drama

Guest darcyausten86

The boys look good in the uniform. JP really took JD's words to heart and really trying to impress her. I want to see her reaction, when she sees him.