[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

You know, with all the high expectations for this drama, I think the production team is doing such a poor job.

Higher expectations mean that you should try just as hard to meet those expectations.

Like, these are people who are getting paid to create a good drama, one that'll be satisfy, for the most part, everyone.

Okay, fine.

lets say they were doing a good job in the beginning. It was nicely paced, characters were consistent, some parts had their wtf and that doesnt make any sense moments, but it wasn't that bad that i had to sit there and complain about it (although i probably did)

but...seriously.

what are they thinking? where is this drama going?

There's a korean proverb that says, "The sailor is going up the mountain," meaning that things are getting REALLY REALLY weird.

Well, BOF is going up the mountain.

Ever since the end of "season 1," the drama has been going downhill: horrible transitions, character inconsistencies, etc.

Also, the extra plots being introduced, like Yi Jung's brother, father, Jihoo's grandfather, WooBin's sudden depression, all of these are so unnecessary and only there to add more fluff to the fluff we already have.

I watched episode 19 yesterday, and thought to myself, "so...what new thing happened today?"

absolutely nothing.

Sure it had its cute and sweet moments, but seriously, where is the progression?

the drama is basically repeating the same thing over and over again.

Jandi and Junpyo fight, theyre suddenly best friends, they fight again, lots of tears, then theyre fine again...but not dating?

wtf. and what is this when i suddenly find myself rooting for Jandi and Jihoo, and Junpyo and Jaekyung?

Like... what the random.

This has got to be one of the worst big scale dramas that end up making no sense towards the end (sorta like the ending to Lovers in Paris, although that drama was actually very well-made)

this drama is getting so disappointing and we still have like 6 episodes left, which im guessing, theyre going to just RANDOMLY start introducing even more plots while trying to tie up the plots already introduced, and voila! we'll be seeing some REALLY rushed scenes like the ones in episode 11 and 12, all because the production team poorly organized the drama, by adding in fluff and useless episodes just like episode 18 and 19.

Way to waste money and the energy of everyone.

(have we all noticed the pale faces and the dark circles of all the actors in the past two episodes?)

Yeah, it's probably hard on the staff and actors with their busy schedules...but their busy schedules wouldn't be so busy if they filmed the scenes that ACTUALLY matter in the drama, instead of filming all this fluff that doesnt mean anything except for 2 seconds of enjoyment that have nothing to do with the plot.

It shouldn't be this difficult to make this drama, because there is ALREADY a plot and a script made out MANY MANY years ago.

All they needed to do was follow it, add some of their own personal touches, and release it...

but no....they're taking it up the mountain and using a great story and making into a confusing and regressive one, which i've grown pretty indifferent about.

i've never been so disappointed with a drama like this.

The only benefit from this drama has been the visuals of the actors, and even that is starting to get old.

I'm studying right now to become a drama writer in the future...and if this is the future for korean dramas...i might have to start looking into other jobs.

enough ranting from me.

im gonna go do something actually productive now.

Guest Matahari_Biru

Posted this in Kim Jun thread and would like to share it also in this thread.

I download the video from Kutedragonbabe post in k-aigo media.net and converted to mp4 file. It was intended for myself to watch it on the way to work. Thought I share it with you all. PM me if this not allowed. I'll remove.

Legend Of Boys Over Flowers - Part 2 [25.02.09] - 43,9 MB - MU

Guest yogurutu

Scenes 21-30 are now posted. Thanks for the support. I'll try to get them done as soon as possible. 33 more scenes to go. (although it is the script for episode 20, the script is so long that I'm pretty sure it will spill over into episode 21.

Guest xx-outsider-xx

I'm just bored and the word confuse pops up ever so often when rewatching BBF today. So just for fun, i tried to expand the root word confuse to the characters. May not be truly applicable or accurate but like i said, i'm booooooored. Not bored of BBF, just bored in general. You know, it's wednesday.

jandi is confuse; she doesn't think she loves junpyo as much anymore, or rather, she doesn't think junpyo loves her anymore. she doesn't think she's in love with jihoo either. but she finds it hard to let either one go, one way or the other. she wants them to remain by her side, as friends or foes. Their very existence is all that matter, whatever form.

junpyo is not confuse but confusing; he still loves jandi. he senses a kindred spirit in jaekyung, which enable him to see her for what she is for the first time. if he actually learns to let go, he will see that jae kyung is the 'perfect' partner and she acts cute and adorable too, even more so than jandi ever was with him. but settling for what he perceives as second best is just not his character, yet his method to win jandi back is childish and immature (not that it isn't cute) that could potentially be seen by jandi as him being annoying and insincere.

jaekyung is not confuse but is taking advantage of the confusion; she's falling hard for junpyo but she does not know if she can be with him. she's gauging her chances, but is hard to predict when she isn't sure if jandi has really let go, or whether junpyo will continue to force himself on jandi regardless of what jandi feels.

jihoo can be confusing; he loves jandi, he values friendship. rather than making his own decision, he lets thing run its course and the other persons' decisions is ultimately his decisions.

Additional sentences:

Viewers are confused by

1) Woobin's random scene that doesn't have any immediate follow up

2) Mama Kang's secret spy's talent in photography. Or possible missing scene where hidden camera was installed inside Jandi's rooftop apartment when they were not at home - creepy.

Maybe tomorrow i'll find another word and tries to create sentences again, to kill the time while waiting for monday to come by. :sweatingbullets:

I've translated scenes 1-10 of the script for episode 20 at http://yogurutu.blogspot.com/. I didn't want to post here since it's too big of a spoiler.

DISCLAIMER: I do not actually know if it's the real script but it seemed pretty legit so I gave it a try. more parts to come. There are 53 more scenes to translate for the episode.

Thanks!!! :D I wanted to abandon this drama after the last episode. My patience was running thin by the stretching of the fiance arch. Then someone PM me to read your translation of the script and my interest is restored. Seriously hope that these scenes will be in the next two episodes. Thanks again.

Guest ethopia

so... it there is the maid arc scene will there also be the heatbreak scene?? in the rain?? when will that happen??... 6 more episodes to

go... can they fit all of these??... i know for sure there will be an amnesia arc... but i really aslo want to see is the scene

where makino/JD returns the necklace and domyouji/JP throws it away and JD/makino search for it... coz that scene is also

heartbreaking...

dang!! why do i like the heartbreak scenes .. hahha. i wonder. :mellow::)

anyhoooo.. havent watched 18 and 19 yet.. maybe tomorrow when i get off from work... JP and JD forever!!!! :)

Is it definite that there is going to be an amnesia arc or is it still just speculation? I've read several posts where people mention that there will be an amnesia arc, but I can't see whether it was confirmed or in a spoiler or just pure speculation based on the manga and the number of episodes left.

Guest ktvfan

Would someone understands Korean take a look at these links, please?

http://www.dakbonsa.com/gnuboard4/bbs/boar...amp;wr_id=15592

http://www.dakbonsa.com/gnuboard4/bbs/boar...amp;wr_id=15608

http://www.dakbonsa.com/gnuboard4/bbs/boar...amp;wr_id=15616

I think it's the script for episode 20 or maybe not?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the script! And for yogurutu for the translation! Bravo!! I wish there were scripts for the other episodes too. It will be so useful for those learning Korean.

Guest betchay

Scenes 21-30 are now posted. Thanks for the support. I'll try to get them done as soon as possible. 33 more scenes to go. (although it is the script for episode 20, the script is so long that I'm pretty sure it will spill over into episode 21.

Thanks again..

What a treat.. :)

hj.gif

For all those whose foot is on JH/JD ship like me and undecided whether to jump ship, here is another mv of JP and JD. It kinda stop me from stepping aboard when I saw JP and JD's sweet moments, especially the kissing scenes. This is the second version of the mv; I made one earlier but I had to do some re-editing. Hope you like it.

"Listen to Your Heart"

Sung by: Roxette

Listen to your heart

when he's calling for you.

Listen to your heart

there's nothing else you can do.

I don't know where you're going

and I don't know why,

but listen to your heart

before you tell him goodbye.

I know there's something in the wake of your smile.

I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yea.

You've built a love but that love falls apart.

Your little piece of heaven turns too dark.

Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile.

The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yea.

They're swept away and nothing is what it seems,

the feeling of belonging to your dreams.

And there are voices

that want to be heard.

So much to mention

but you can't find the words.

The scent of magic,

the beauty that's been

when love was wilder than the wind.

Guest F4fan

I'm just bored and the word confuse pops up ever so often when rewatching BBF today. So just for fun, i tried to expand the root word confuse to the characters. May not be truly applicable or accurate but like i said, i'm booooooored. Not bored of BBF, just bored in general. You know, it's wednesday.

jandi is confuse; she doesn't think she loves junpyo as much anymore, or rather, she doesn't think junpyo loves her anymore. she doesn't think she's in love with jihoo either. but she finds it hard to let either one go, one way or the other. she wants them to remain by her side, as friends or foes. Their very existence is all that matter, whatever form.

Ooooh. I like your analysis, especially on the men. I only have one slight disagreement with your comment on JD. I think she can let JP go because she think he loves/likes JK after the hot tub scene at the resort. She has slowly been exorcising him out of her life since she sang the song. Maybe before, she was confused but that scene was the last nail in the coffin. Why else does she not worry about losing the necklace anymore and that when she looks at JP its with polite acquaintance almost indifferent in the last two episodes? I think she knows she doesn't love JH other than as a friend and she values that. Their friendship was bonded outside of JP so it can continue.

I think you are right on with JK. She was testing JD. JP is practically an open book. JD signaled to all that she is done with JP with her response to his truth question. She ignored his pained look and turned her back towards him. That hurt as much as her words. JK is going to change his JP's mind while hoping he gives up soon and turn to her if he makes no headway with JD.

Guest gglover

thank you so much!!

omg... poor jandi!! in the closet the whole night :(

You are so wonderful!!

Guest dalili

For all those whose foot is on JH/JD ship like me and undecided whether to jump ship, here is another mv of JP and JD. It kinda stop me from stepping aboard when I saw JP and JD's sweet moments, especially the kissing scenes. This is the second version of the mv; I made one earlier but I had to do some re-editing. Hope you like it.

Lovely AMV, it's nice to see those scenes again coming from a Jundi fan :D :blush: