[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Maybe in the end, we need to shed our preconceived notions of who these characters are suppose to be. Instead, see who these characters are as provided by the PD.

must agree man, we have this fixed notion of how the characters are that we forgot how this version is to be made differently from the other versions and end up disagreeing if not criticizing the characters as well as the story itself, but bear in mind that even though the story is made out of this one concept; the manga, but the pd's still have to incorporate their own flair to the story and how the story needs to be portrayed and such and then every once in awhile include some aspects or two from the manga into their story line

Maybe the problem is that we are expecting JD the Weed because of the other versions and the manga. But, in this version, JD is not the Makino of the Weed of past. She is JD - a strong-willed, a little absent-minded, bubbly girl with unyielding faith in family, friends, and hard work. She may not be the prettiest or the smartest but once she is passionate about something, she is overzealous about it. Nothing is going to come easy for her -- she might not fight the right way but she will fight in her own way to get what she wants. She is a little more vulnerable.

( IIRC, she has only made one reference to herself being a weed and it came a few episodes in. The other versions -- it was her battle cry just as much as the if apologies were okay then why need laws and police statement was Domyoji's motto. )

JP is unlike the other Domyojis of the other versions and manga. He is more ruthless with his words and cold stares than with his fists. He can also fight physically but he's better at cutting down the size of a person with a look. He's a little more vulnerable, too. This is a more scary Domyoji. We can handle the physical stuff -- its only bruises. But the mind games and emotional turmoil are psychological and sticks longer. (Think bloody, knife-wielding horror movies vs. psychological horror movies)

For the both of them, love for each other competes with duties and promises of family. In the other versions, they have it too but its not as strong as in the Korean version. Yet, at the same time, they protect each other by doing the opposite of what they really want. In order to protect JD from his mother's wrath, JP has to be the cruelest person on earth. In order to spare JP from his mother's wrath and make his life easier, JD will accept the separation.

They want to let each other go but they can't. That is why we get the yo-yo of hot and cold between these two or as I call it the Boomerang Effect. One lets go and something brings them back together. The other lets go and some force brings them back. The only way to stop it is to break the Boomerang or stop throwing it and just hold on to it.

Maybe in the end, we need to shed our preconceived notions of who these characters are suppose to be. Instead, see who these characters are as provided by the PD.

Sorry to cut your post, but I agree with everything you said, especially the highlighted parts. For those who had never watched the other two adaptations or read the mango wouldn't understand how everyone are referencing to this JD as the weed. Like you said, this Kversion of JD is more strong minded and hardworking. If she puts her heart and mind into something, she'll work hard for it. She is passionate, strong-will, but also vulnerable. That's what I love about this JD because she seems more realistic.

Also, I don't think the drama is dragging like what most people complained. MG have like 27 episodes for the first season and 31 epis for the second season. People were complaining that BOF is going too fast a couple weeks ago, now it's dragging. Nothing seems to be satisfied them.

Back to BOF, epis 15 and 16 has its up and down moments but still good. The fiance character is an annoying brat, I can't stand her. She doesn't know JD that well, and yet she asked to stay at her home like they're close friends and then asked JD to be her love coach? JK is too much like JP himself, but more annoying. If these two were to be a real couple, they would end up killing each other because they are too much alike in character. It's like you're in love with yourself.

Guest sunrise2di4

although I must admit, I love how JanHo are getting a lot closer.. I've secretly been rooting for Makino and Rui since HYD days...

maybe prince charming can finally have her? :3

Sorry to cut your post.

We are in the same boat :tears: especially in this version that JH has done a lot for JD.

Guest huonglt119

Can someone please tell me which website I can download the full Boys over flowers? I only watch it on viikii, but I want to download it to my computer to watch it again and again. I would be really appreciate... :vicx:

Guest cimechang

Ugggghhhh! I am so annoyed. Viikii is too busy so I can't watch it on there. Does anyone know where I can go watch episode 16 w/eng subs other than Viikii?!!! PLEASE TELL ME!

Guest darling138

Ugggghhhh! I am so annoyed. Viikii is too busy so I can't watch it on there. Does anyone know where I can go watch episode 16 w/eng subs other than Viikii?!!! PLEASE TELL ME!

U can DL it @ www.Iuphimhan.com

Guest spirtual_affection x3

well, somone on youtube uploaded it...but only up to part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh_ERWnsO3M...re=channel_page [part 1]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEkUaJg5pWY...feature=channel [part 2]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chwT6tJ1AAg...feature=channel [part 3]

Guest funkindagirl

what got me hooked on bof was the fast pace but it slooowed down so much in the last 3. i wish they would stick to the original script and not try to elk out few more by putting in fillers...

Yeah I get what u mean. The plot moved so quick in the beginning and these recent episodes are going at a much slower pace. I think partly because there's a lot of unnecessary scenes it makes it seem even slower and when it comes to the major plot points they seemed to be more rushed but for other side stories it takes longer. The Macau part spanned 3 episodes whereas I think it could've been finished in 1 episode.

And I dont really like the whole medical thing with Jandi or the Jihoo's grandfather story. Its been building it up for a while and I think it overshadows the main story. I like Jihoo and all but it seems like everything is revolving around him now with his family revelation and vying for Jandi's affection.

If they've been trying to fluff out the rest of F4's characters more and not just focusing on Junpyo then they should give up some of Jihoo's time to develop Woobin's story more.

Guest spirtual_affection x3

Yeah I get what u mean. The plot moved so quick in the beginning and these recent episodes are going at a much slower pace. I think partly because there's a lot of unnecessary scenes it makes it seem even slower and when it comes to the major plot points they seemed to be more rushed but for other side stories it takes longer. The Macau part spanned 3 episodes whereas I think it could've been finished in 1 episode.

And I dont really like the whole medical thing with Jandi or the Jihoo's grandfather story. Its been building it up for a while and I think it overshadows the main story. I like Jihoo and all but it seems like everything is revolving around him now with his family revelation and vying for Jandi's affection.

If they've been trying to fluff out the rest of F4's characters more and not just focusing on Junpyo then they should give up some of Jihoo's time to develop Woobin's story more.

i think the reason why its going slower is because they are changing it up. i think the producers didnt want it to be EXACTLY like the japanese, Taiwan and manga. cause if they did the exact same thing it would be really obvious and people might not want to watch it. i do agree with you that its draggy but i still watch it cause i love it!

i have up to episode 1-4 uploaded onto youtube and 6 (5 takes longer for youtube to process but should be up soon)

PART 1 ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxXY1sKvX88

PART 2 ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C6p2dD8X4Q

PART 3 ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhr_RJm4a7A

PART 4 ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeMBSj8V8W8

PART 5 ;

PART 6 ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiJxmp_i1pE

Back to BOF, epis 15 and 16 has its up and down moments but still good. The fiance character is an annoying brat, I can't stand her. She doesn't know JD that well, and yet she asked to stay at her home like they're close friends and then asked JD to be her love coach? JK is too much like JP himself, but more annoying. If these two were to be a real couple, they would end up killing each other because they are too much alike in character. It's like you're in love with yourself.

Hahaha, JP killing JK because she is too annoying.....I totally agree. That what I was exactly thinking and therefore he will never ever fall in love with her!!!!

And the more I´m watching her scenes the more I´m thinking that she is not like JD at all (unlike some mentioned before)...

I don´t know why... no matter how charming JH is...I just loooove JP with all his flaws...

Guest XiahxTiffany

i wonder how many episodes it will take to end this drama lol

rite now i dont want them to get to the point

i actually wanna see what the writers have to offer lol

but if its bad then yea ill be like the rest of u guys :)

if its good then well ill be happy

Tough Competition For Kim Bum's First Love

http://www.hanfever.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kim_bum_first_love.jpg

In order to find a suitable actress to play as So Yi Jung’s (Kim Bum) first love in “Boys Before Flowers, the production company Group Eight has began a series of selection processes as early as one month ago. Out of all the interviewees, they have filtered and after rounds of selections, two finalists remain. But there is one major headache for the production team as they are unable to decide on the final actress, given their equal strength.

it doesnt bode well for the drama when with 8 episodes left they are filming with less than 1 week lead time. how can they have not shoot the scenes for next week! quality suffers when things are rushed. and the actors look like they get no rest as is. i heard an interview with hyun joong where he says he's been averaging 2 hr sleep. they all just look tired and lethargic in their acting.

Guest misshakissh

we only have 4 weeks left of BOF.... anyways... ratings went up to like 34%..

it doesnt bode well for the drama when with 8 episodes left they are filming with less than 1 week lead time. how can they have not shoot the scenes for next week! quality suffers when things are rushed. and the actors look like they get no rest as is. i heard an interview with hyun joong where he says he's been averaging 2 hr sleep. they all just look tired and lethargic in their acting.

korean dramas always go that way they film the week right before it airs and editing on the day before or on the day its out,, this happens all the time.. its nothing new.. lol.

so the girl u guys haeve posted pics above is not the one who saves JP but YJ's 1st love. i wonder if there is the amnesia part or not. & anyone pls tell me that JP& JD will back in the next episodes :(

Guest sweet_maple

I have been through 7 pages ^__^, I can't miss anything here.

So far I have seen that many of you stated that you didn't like what happened in this episode, I either don't like these recently episodes too but it is not because of the flaws in the drama but because of the sadness moments here

Please stopping saying that JD is so stupid and where was the old strong-smart-active Jan Di, she used to be smart like this and like that, come on guys, Jan Di now has to face the big obstacle in her life. She has been dumped by her boy friend (that what she thought ^_^ ), she couldn't swim any more then how can she stay the same as before? And about her goal to be a doctor, I read someone said that we didn't see any willing to study so hard of her. After facing all of the troubles above, I think she has to think another goal to achieve but when she hasn't started to make anything to her goal, she still has been stuck in everything. Don't say to me that why doesn't she turn to JH. If she really does so, I wonder Can we go on call this drama "boys over flowers" or not. I feel nothing wrong with the characters transition, because who can be the same after these trouble happened in life.

This is the third version, we have seen the Taiwanese and Japanese really "based" on the manga even the small plot( I don't count MG2). I, myself, love the changing here in Korean version because how many times I did read the manga, it seems it doesn't work much here ( except the unchanging ending- if they changed, I would bomb both KBS station and G8 company for sure :lol: ). It makes I want to watch more though there is not much JP-JD's scene. I'm JoonDi's supporter ^_^ .

Just one thing, that's too much JK. The Pd nim did PR JK too much. I don't dislike Shiregu in the manga( I did like her first appearance in Macau), but recently she has appeared everywhere, I have started being sick because of this. :mellow: .

By the way, I have to say again, don't ask too much for the logical thing in Korean dramas. It is the feature of Korean drama. Sorry but I think many of us watch K.drama because many unbelievable things there hahahaha.

Guest green.teax

F4fan. I agree with what you said. I am a BOF fan whom have not read the manga or watched the other two versions, perhaps for that reason, I am able to enjoy to the fullest of what the korean version has to offer. Maybe I just don't know any better, but I really enjoy all the characters development, each story lines, all the comic effects and more. Every week is just exciting for me.

Same, I was planning to watch Meteor Garden, but then I learned that Rainie Yang is playing Ga Eul's part and I was like..No. xDD

However, I also agree with many about how slow the plot is moving along. = =

Guest bitter SOOweet

Hiya guys!! Does anyone have a screencap of JP during his bday in episode 15 where after he blew the candle on the cake and he saw JD you can see the beginnings of a smile on his face?? I nearly died when I watched that part.. lol..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's up with Ji Hoo talking on the phone with his helmet on?? He also did this in episode 11(?) when Jan Di went missing.. How can he possibly hear the person on the other line?? Look at how thick the padding of the helmet is..lmao..

It's quite funny how his face is all serious then you look at the phone... lol.... Peace!

HAHAHH i love seeing that lmao. i totally agree...

nayways, didn't get to post yesterday

but isn't it a bit odd how junpyo's sister wasn't present at his birthday

and she wasn't there to help jandi ... boooooooooooooooooooooo

and junpyo.......... he keeps oin going back and forth

i mean i understand that his mom is absolutely against it and all but he has the power to destroy all of shinhwa... like he said new episodes back... i mean thats the ultimate threat no?

and jaekyung..... bleh

no more drama i just want JP and JD together

or JH and JD together happily

jaekyung makes it so much harder on JD.

and i love how JP still is jealous about JD... although i wonder how he'll be next episode.

now what am i supposed to do for the next 6 days?!?! haha ;p