[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest ripgal

The pilot episode was kinda ermm... well, meh for me. I would say it's average at its best.

My expectations were kinda low actually, especially having read some of your comments before watching. Sadly to say, I have to agree with some of you out there. Other than the OTT acting (which was kinda OKAY for me), I didn't feel the chemistry at all. I know it's a bit too early to judge, but it's always better if a drama starts off with the leads having at least better rapport with each other. Didn't feel anything when Jandi first saw Ji Hoo, or when they talked to each other at the stairs. Didn't really feel anything when Jandi lashed back at Jun Pyo, and aiks.. I didn't even feel the chemistry between F4. They're supposed to be buddies, but yet I didn't feel the kind of vibe coming from them. Or maybe I was just too picky.. ^_^

The best among the bunch - Lee Min Ho, no doubt. I think he's portrayal is slightly different from the JP/TW Domyouji/s. Here, he's more reserved and cool. What I meant by reserve is that he doesn't really scream or lash out at the ppl who gets in his way. He ha this very calm and arrogant aura which really speak for themselves and no loud words are needed. And his voice is just :wub:... plus he parts where he reverted to his childish/immature ways were just so adorable..

I have to admit Gu Hye Sun's potrayal of Jandi did get on my nerves whilst I was watching the episode. I don't think she's incapable of bringing out the spirit of Makino (the manga), but at times her OTT expressions were just so outright exaggerated. I can accept OTT, but when I saw Jandi react during certain scenes, I just cringed. They came out too forced... and unnatural. I hope she tones it down... or rather, I hope I can get use to her in the coming episodes.

The others were just okay. I loved Hyun Joong in WGM, but with due respect, I don't think he's grasping and playing Ji Hoo well. He has the looks, the voice - but his acting as Ji Hoo really paled/ or rather, disappointed me. I can't pin point what's lacking... he just didn't nail the character for me. Too stiff? Too unnatural? hmmm...

Kim Bum's a sweetie I must say, I loved him in EOE, and his acting was brilliant. Here he's just okay-ish for me - maybe because he's sort of like a side cast. All I can say is that he's competent - and his smiles and charms are to die for :wub:. The other guy Kim Jun's not bad... I honestly thought he was a bit sissy in stills, but he actually surpassed my expectations. But the English - GAAAHHHH... it was just sooooo cheesy!!!!

Storyline wise, it's not bad. Some parts seemed disjointed tho, and I didn't really like the pacing. The main OST was bleh... and wth did they have to use the song in My Girl? They could have done away with other songs..

But surprisingly tho, I loved the JinSunMi trio! I thought they were just so hilarious..lolz..

Esp when they did the Ginger - Sunny - Miranda gesture! hahaha...

Okay, better stop with my complaints. No offense to fans of this drama. ^^

@ CHIARA: thanx you so much for your MF link.

Oh, i really really want to watch this drama from the first ep to the last ep right now. I really can't wait. hix. At my country (VietNam), now is 9:14 PM, so it means, ep 2 is on air in Korea. hix. Have to wait to download ep 2. >.<

About the first episode, i think:

* I really suprise at Min Ho's acting. Before this drama, he hadn't been a main actor in any dramas. But his acting is so great. When he's cool, when he's smile...look at his face! I'm sure after this drama he will be a hot actor. He is real Doumiyouji Tsukasa!

Hana Yori Dango is the most interesting manga i have ever read. I love this mange, i read it many many times. I hope that, this drama will success

Actually Lee Min Ho already had a lead role in a drama called Mackerel Run, it wasn't very popular and only had 7 or 9 episodes.

I have no idea what it was about coz I only watched the first 2 episodes and without subtitles.

Anyway, episode 2 was tonight right?

I wasn't able to watch it, darn!

I hope someone will post screencaps

Guest Brittany

Episode 2 has just ended.

I was laughing hard during the part "Wondergirl Jandi" xD

Hyesun looks cute anyway :)

We don't really need to compare BOF to the other 2 versions of HYD... It's Korean drama, Korean style... everything's just fine!

The only one thing I have to agree, is... people do focus on Rui-character, much more than what the fans expected. It makes us happy actually ^^

Hope the rating will be growing~~!

Guest christiane

Storyline wise, it's not bad. Some parts seemed disjointed tho, and I didn't really like the pacing. The main OST was bleh... and wth did they have to use the song in My Girl? They could have done away with other songs..

Okay, better stop with my complaints. No offense to fans of this drama. ^^

a lot of people said the same..why the song of my girl but ou have to look more who is the pd...I didn t know either first but Javabeans remind me that the PD like putting some signs which remind us his few past work and seems he did it cos lots of people noticed te song..hehehehehe..so i guess later we will see more of PD ticks to his previous work..really expecting and waiting for that.. :rolleyes:

one thing I want to do when I see the 1st episode .. is I want to scream out "SHILLLAAAANGG !!!!"

and Kim Bum is just an extreme case of cuteness.... from being the rough poor young Lee Dong Chul to be a rich heir with a cute smile and a tie ... I wonder how Kim Bum was left out from the MBC award show !! It's madness .. and he's so cute !!

Guest cassiopeia

Guess I'll wait till ep.5 ....... or else I'll have heart attack waiting for the next episode. This should be as promising as the Taiwan and Japanese ones.

By the way ......... have you watched Hana Yori Dango Final? :)

KBS Boys Before Flowers Makes Desired Impact on Opening

January 6, 2009 by coolsmurf

Boys Before Flowers certainly did not disappoint as it delighted KBS authorities with a strong showing of 14.3% for its opening episode last night.

6000163414_20090106.jpg

KBS had been on the losing end in the Mon-Tue timeslot against competing dramas from SBS and MBC for almost 2 years now and it had been banking on Boys Before Flowers to reverse the situation. And it certainly did not disappoint as they finally succeeded on their 13th attempt, coming close to the opening episode rating of 14.6% set by Hello Miss on 19th March, 2007.

But what was the first impression after the first episode? “Although not close to the original, but it was passable” was the general remark given by those who were familar with the manga. Granted that most of the acting were quite stiff but its only the beginning so it should be better as we go along.

credit: coolsmurf

Guest MiCHiDa

@cute girl: thanx you so much. You are really cute girl. releally cute. I love you so much. best wish for you.

Woa, we have the same love: korean drama, the same drama: My precious you and BOF. hihi ^.^

Guest sshlady

for the first episode they went to 14+ percent which i think wasnt bad at all. Ah i'm still agonizing over my rather foolish decision to return to college last night and since internet in college is very much restricted as it is, i havent watched the first ep. Instead, i've been drooling over caps alone. *sigh*

From the caps alone, i think the drama went well enough. I rather like the JD character very much. She is perfectly casted IMHO since in the manga Makino wasnt exactly very pretty unlike Shizuka, but simply pleasant to the eyes, borderlining to being plain. I am very happy to see the two main leads are just like what i had pictured long ago. Both Taiwanese and japanese ver seems to fail me a little. That said, come on guys, mind feeding my curiosity on how ep 2 is doing?