[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest anyaluvsmodels

Can someone clear something for?

When Ja Hae was talking on the phone after he rescued JD from the smoke, was he talking to JP's mom because he said "President" so I thought she is paying him to break them off. Or I am being delusional?

Overall it was good episode but the previews were misleading regarding GE and JY's relationship development. He only brought the cake because it was a favor asked by JP. But someone did point out at he choose a heart shape cake and you just don't buy anyone a heart shape cake, especially someone that you have no feeling for.

When Ja Hae was talking on the phone after he rescued JD from the smoke, was he talking to JP's mom because he said "President" so I thought she is paying him to break them off. Or I am being delusional?

Yes, he was talking to JP's mum

Overall it was good episode but the previews were misleading regarding GE and JY's relationship development. He only brought the cake because it was a favor asked by JP. But someone did point out at he choose a heart shape cake and you just don't buy anyone a heart shape cake, especially someone that you have no feeling for.

*nods in agreement*

Really? It seemed like JP didn't know anything about it. Did I miss something?

Huh. I didn't catch that part. Maybe it's because the subtitles weren't complete. If you're talking about the phone conversation he had when he had tucked Jandi in, he was just talking to some of his friends who were in on the whole debacle. Remember near the end of the episode, there were quite a few guys hanging around Jandi in the warehouse.

EDIT: Actually, I'm a little confused now myself. The person he spoke to on the phone was instructed to prepare money. And then they shot a scene where Joon Pyu's mother treated herself to champagne to celebrate something wicked. Hmm... That's not how it happened in the Japanese version, I don't think.

Wow thanks for reminding me. I wanted to mention the GE/JY relationship as well. I don't understand JY's intentions. In one episode, he pretends to be Ga Eul's boyfriend to save her and then flaunts his playboy status in front of her when she gives him chocolates for Valentine's Day. Then in this episode, he sees her leave a present and then buys her a heart-shaped cake. I'm sure I'm just as confused as Ga Eul is right now. But what I really want to know is, was it really Ga Eul's birthday? If not, would JY have known earlier that Jandi lied to Joon Pyu?

My rant about episode 11.

Sorry, but I just don't get it. Jandi had already "realized" how strong her feelings for Joon Pyu are when she went on the date with Ji Hoo. Now, she has to "realize" them again? And of course, once more when Joon Pyu's fiancee comes into the picture. It frustrates me to see how she might be so uncertain about her feelings for Joon Pyu when, for him, there's no one else. Honestly, I don't know anyone in real life who would do what Joon Pyu does constantly for Jandi without question. Heck, I'm pretty sure Jandi doesn't know anyone else like that either. I love the facial expressions Lee Min Ho has when Joon Pyu is thinking about Jandi, whether in a whimsical or in an angry way. Sometimes both at the same time. Wonderful acting.

I'm a little upset with Kim Hyung Joon's acting in this episode as well as a few of the others before. He doesn't seem to make any facial expression other than stoic and mildly surprised. That's why I'm always so excited when he does something different, like smiling. In this episode, he seemed to have the same blank expression throughout the entire episode. Makes me kind of forget how important Ji Hoo is to Jandi.

Was I the only one who rolled my eyes during the "photoshoot" at the beginning of the episode? I know this is supposed to be a comedy/drama, but you don't need to dramatize your comedy. The two evil photographers were just too exaggerated, and that scene became too long, so what could have been funny and suspenseful at the same time just turned out to be annoying.

When Ga eul said that, once she found her soul mate she won’t let him go…

She really means it, go for Yi jung girl!!!!

But…how can she decide that Yi jung IS her soul mate?

Is it just because, Yi jung help her get revenge on her ex??

Ep. 11, poor Jan di and Jun pyo

At 1st, I wan’t to blame Jan Di, she almost made Jun Pyo cry

But then I realized that, how much she has suffered actually…

When she said that it’s tiring…I can really feel her

Poor her…poor them…

The BOF special on KBS world…can anybody tell me what time it will air according to Korea time…

all post here state the time for US…but I’m living in Asia…an hour late then Korea..

da cake dat Yi Jung bought for Ga eul...Korea really have a cake with a shoes on it???

is it Crown J-In young dat inspired it???hahaha :D

Guest heartdrops

^ You mean how JP knows it's her bday?

Didn't JP wanted to take JD out but she made and excuse that it's GE's birthday?

Wow episode 11 broke 30% for ratings?! Keep it up! xD

Poor Kim Bum, another accident? What's with all these accidents?

I hope he's alright..

LG CF 15 sec with Lee Minho, Kim Bum, and Goo Hye Sun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fx_i9l78bU&fmt=18

Guest sandybabe88

Really? It seemed like JP didn't know anything about it. Did I miss something?

yeah i think jp called yijeong to say it was ge's bday, but i dont think it was anything about a cake or anything.. (jd just lied and said it was ge's bday to get out of going out with jp because she had another job to get to) it seemed like yj got the cake/flowers on his own. thats why later when the 4 of them were hanging out, and after he commented on those half gloves, yj turned to jp and was like "hey because of you i "Oba (over-did)" it to gaeul because he thought it was her bday.

btw, looking at the preview.. the first scene when it looks like jp is fighting someone, it looks like he's being dragged away by his mom's people from the ski resort place. and if you notice he's wearing the same clothes as right after he gets mad at jd for losing the necklace, so im worried that he might not be the one to save her from the storm! :tears: :tears: :tears:

Finally some Wonbin love yo!

Anyways this episode is so heart wrenching

I feel for JD but 2 wrongs doesn't make a right

on the other hand I feel bad for JP

and after watching this episode, I totally just want JD and JP all tied up together

leave them in a dark room and have them recall all the times they spent together

whether it was good or bad and have them talk about the things they hate about each other

as well as the things they like about one another until they realize that what they have been

doing from the beginning was just plain stupid and all that b.s. about "pride and what not" is

a total waste of time

"just cut all the crap man and just get on together, egos and pride aside and trust me, everything will be in its right place"

saying that, all this that is happening right now is so so much better than what I'm trying to picture out above, at least what is happening right

now

gah! I'm so frustrated with this episode, you know actually this part of the series aside from the mom/fiance arc is honestly centered in anguish and frustration......that I screamed at the computer screen.......

now since its out of my system now I'm so looking forward to episode 12...........

this drama/manga is literally a roller coaster, even if I've watched the remakes a couple of times, the impact is still the same or even better ...

man this drama/comedy just hits you on the right spot ......

yeah i think jp called yijeong to say it was ge's bday, but i dont think it was anything about a cake or anything.. (jd just lied and said it was ge's bday to get out of going out with jp because she had another job to get to) it seemed like yj got the cake/flowers on his own. thats why later when the 4 of them were hanging out, and after he commented on those half gloves, yj turned to jp and was like "hey because of you i "Oba (over-did)" it to gaeul because he thought it was her bday.

Ah okay, I see. So it really wasn't Ga Eul's birthday, but Yi Jeong never explicitly said out loud that Jandi had lied.

I can't believe we're on the skiing episode already. Didn't people on Soompi just start posting skiing photos last week? Are we really only one to two weeks apart from the filming schedule? O.o

Guest prisonerzero

I just finished episode eleven. I am already itching for episode twelve because I want to see the skiing scene between Ga Eul and Yi Jung and I really want to see the ending.

As much as I love Jun Pyo getting angry sometimes, I'm getting bored of this "hey, I'm going to take this guy and punch the lights outta him" routine. It gets annoying. I also wish they'd get a not-so-attractive-in-person model for once so I don't go "aweeee" even when the bad guy is doing something mean.

I also didn't really like the photograph scene in the beginning. I think there would've been a better way to bring Je Ha (or whatever the flap his name is) into the show.

Also, I don't care how mad people might be at Jan Di because she "can't seem to make up her mind" (which, yes, is true). Jan Di is going through a lot right now trying to help support her family and having two/three jobs, then also having to deal with Jun Pyo's tantrums.

Guest camgackt

I'm loving ep 11 ahhahah! Jun Pyo to the rescue. yum ^^

On ep 12 preview: i totally SQUEALED when Yi Jeong saw Gaeul fell in the snow,panic and RUN towards her. Can't wait for that scene lol XD

Guest betchay

I'm glad the ratings went up! :D

Ep 11 was so intense.

Love this scene:

BoysBeforeFlowersE11KOR090209HDTVXv.jpg

JH:

It's because of Jun Pyo I sent you off.

It's because it was Jun Pyo that i didn't even start it.

Don't make me regret it.

Jandi.. you're such a lucky gal! smiley3.gif

Guest nikesma

Huh. I didn't catch that part. Maybe it's because the subtitles weren't complete. If you're talking about the phone conversation he had when he had tucked Jandi in, he was just talking to some of his friends who were in on the whole debacle. Remember near the end of the episode, there were quite a few guys hanging around Jandi in the warehouse.

EDIT: Actually, I'm a little confused now myself. The person he spoke to on the phone was instructed to prepare money. And then they shot a scene where Joon Pyu's mother treated herself to champagne to celebrate something wicked. Hmm... That's not how it happened in the Japanese version, I don't think.

Since the Korean version is this fast, I think they combined the part of the model with you know the story when Domyouji's mom instructed someone to act as Domyouji's cousin. To make Tsukushi to fall in love with him but finally the Domyouji's cousin falls in love with her.. I think in Korean version they combined that the model instructed by JP's mom to take JD away from JP...

Guest darcyausten86

Episode 11 was so intense!

Even though Jae Ha is evil, he's still hot.

JH wearing his glasses again. :D

When JP grabbed JD's uniform, for a minute I thought he was going to hit her.

I can't believed JP really asked JD who was more important: him or her best friend? What a dummy!

WB is back. Yay!

Poor Jandi, working all those jobs to support her family.

But I'm confused. How come JP doesn't know JD's family laundry service is no more? I mean, his mom was the one who closed down their business.

I'm glad the ratings went up! :D

Ep 11 was so intense.

Love this scene:

BoysBeforeFlowersE11KOR090209HDTVXv.jpg

JH:

It's because of Jun Pyo I sent you off.

It's because it was Jun Pyo that i didn't even start it.

Don't make me regret it.

Jandi.. you're such a lucky gal! smiley3.gif

For native-speaking Koreans, was that what was said in that scene?

Guest prisonerzero

I can't believed JP really asked JD who was more important: him or her best friend? What a dummy!

I wanted to hit him when he was acting that question.

@F4Fan - The subs I saw were a bit different.

Guest lovesong3208

aaaaah!!!

:) Loving this drama.

Like many, I'm still confused on what YJ is doing...he should make

up his mind. then again, when he was wearing the arm warmers

that Gaeul gave him, he said basically, "although they are lame (?)

they are strangely warm" awwwwwwwwwwwwwww~~~

Mmmm. looking forward to Junpyo trying to save JanDi.

But in the ep. 12 preview -_-'' they get in a fight. AGAIN. AGH

can't they have like ONE episode of peace. but then again,

I do like the fast paced nature of this drama.

O.O anyone else catch the scene where Jandi and Jp's mom

are having like a battle? well not a real battle but you

know, like verbal...yeah. That sounds exciting

Guest betchay

For native-speaking Koreans, was that what was said in that scene?

I just read the subtitles for that scene. :D

Ji Hoo finally opened his heart.

I wanted to hit him when he was acting that question.

@F4Fan - The subs I saw were a bit different.

I noticed the different subs too and that is why asked native-Korean speakers to get a more definite translation. It totally changes the meaning of the conversation depending on which sub you saw.