[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest shobe_show

I'm now typing based on the screen caps that I saw.

I think Korea made it really good. I mean i can't even see any resemblance with the Taiwan & Japan's HYD w/c is good. :blush:

Nope not that one, I think the song is "never say goodbye"

I'm not really sure but it was sang by a girl.

EDIT

I just searched the song on YT, and I think this was it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5L8jkShqhk

they used it as a bg music when the boys were hanging out and Junpyo was playing darts.

That's from Mozart Symphony no. 40! This is the one that I grabbed from youtube, if you want to hear the comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2ePGkmopg

Guest Qi Luo

So I watched the first episode on streaming (Unfortunelly couldn't watch every single part because there were many people using streamign so the streaming was working veeeery bad! I had to re-start lots of time) anyway...

I enjoyed a lot! :)

Mini Review - Boys Over Flowers Episode 1

I watched on streaming and it wasn't playing the video very well, so I missed the audio or videos of some scenes. Besides that the audio and video quality of streaming are terrible so my review is based on what i could catch on the stream.

The songs:

the intro song seemed like some boyband singing, but it didn't sound like SS501 (the sound of the streaming was bad so I might be mistakent). They played one song by a female singler 2 times during Jandi's part. I think it might be Koo Hye Sun singing it because she sunger her theme song on 'Pure 19' drama too! :) On one part they played a song of 'My Girl's Kdama OST (that up-beat song that the beggining starts with a sample of a classical song).

The acting:

Koo Hye Sung as Makino/Jandi - She was great! She wasn't acting too cutesy like on the photoshot. She knew how to balance her acting between being cutesy, funny and act as a normal person. :)

Minho as Tsukasa - He was fierce and handsome like Tsukasa needs to be. And he was very believable as Tsukasa! I loved every time he was on screen! He was great as Tsukasa

Hyun Joong as Rui - He was handsome as always (and he appeared one scene with no shirt), but I can't comment much about his acting because the streaming always stopped working on the few times he appeared! :(

Kim Bum and the T-MAX rapper as the other F4 - They didn't had much lines or screentime so i can't judge their acting. but they looked handsome when they appear. :P

Makino/Jandi's family - they were cute and funny! :D

The clothes:

I loved the clothes on the drama. Everyone looked amazing and looking very much like their characters

The scenary:

I thought the sets would be more gorgeus just like on Goong and the japanese version. But I was bit disapointed.

Overall:

I liked it! It was fun to watch! While I was watching I couldn't see the time passing... even with the streaming being bad I was having a good time and 1 hour passed in a flash! :D

Guest Chianna

I'm never going to try to watch anything live streaming again, that was just frustrating, as someone said in the chatroom, it was more like screencaps with the occasional audio.

And apparently someone was shirtless, possibly Kim Bum, I will pray to the internet gods that Vikii gets ep1 uploaded and subbed asap.

edited- I've just read Qi Lou's recap. so no half naked KB then :(

Guest Qi Luo

the shirtless person was Hyun Joong I think because I saw the blond hair! :)

Watching on streaming is a pain, but the streaming of HYD was beign a pain for everyone because there was to many people using it at the same time. After HYD aired, the streaming worked fine.

Guest trangmimi

The peak of ratings

Boys Over Flowers ep 1: ~25%

Average ratings: ~10%

You can see the exactly figures at TNS Media, maybe tomorrow!!!!!

Congrats :x :X

That's from Mozart Symphony no. 40! This is the one that I grabbed from youtube, if you want to hear the comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2ePGkmopg

Watch my link up to the part where a girl sings.

That's the one they used in Boys Over Flowers.

The intro of the YT vid I posted was the Mozart Symphony and even a bit toward the middle, I don't know what you call it but they incorporated it to the song? but the song they played in Boys over Flowers was "Never Say Goodbye."

I think Huangsy can attest to this as well.

If they used it just for that particualr scene I'm fine with that but the over-all ost for episode 1 was a huge disappointment.

Thank goodness Hye Sun and the f4 was there.

EDIT

It was HyunJoong who was halh-naked, there was a scene where he was puttingon a shirt.

Guest Qi Luo

Average rating was only 10%? I was expecting something aroudn 15% :D

I still think 22:00h is not very suitable time to show a teen drama. It would be better to show a teen drama like this around 16-18h

Guest bibine26

the bigmail link is alread not working.

can someone put an other link,

I even been longing for this drama so much, I'm even skipping class now.

edit: I found one who's working, thanks mandalaywith

Guest huangsy

there was the bit showing each of the guys dressing up in the morning & their well stocked walk-in wardrobe, so the shirtless scenes ...

2009010600145776402_002004_0.jpg

2009010600145776402_002004_1.jpg

Guest chunsa7

Thanks so much for the news.

Does anyone know, where would the subs for this drama be?

Where can I find it...? Thanks ^_^

Can`t wait to watch this drama. :lol:

i believe withs2 subbing group is subbing it, but dude this just aired you need to give some time for them to do it and for it to become available. since this is so popular i think they may be a bit faster subbing this drama than others but they're already pretty fast as it is ^_^

10% isn't very high, is it? But, I do know that most dramas do about 14% or higher as an average. I think 13%-17% is considered to be somewhat of a success. But, I do agree that it airs at a rather late hour for a drama that is surely meant to be aimed at teens/young adults.

Guest trangmimi

is that already high? dunno much about ratings :blush:

----------

anyway..

someone uploaded it on YouTube already!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Ul0QIQHlk

credits to: HarueKorea for the video

Not too much high, but it has broken the grudge of very slow ratings for KBS's timeslot Mon-Tue

Anyway, it's really a good news for this drama :)

I just saw the first part of the ep 1. Is it just me or is the violence in this version pretty high? The guy got beaten to a bloody pulp, ready to jump off the building. His fellow students were just laughing away, even coming at him with hockey sticks and blatantly beating him in the bathroom. I remember in Taiwan and Japanese versions, the ones who got the red note was always pranked and to a point beaten as well, but I don't think it was ever shown as graphically on screen. I dunno, I just felt a bit disturbed seeing that part.

And lol, the power of netizen.