[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest phanlinh_111

"Oppa", she repeated it 5 times when JD came to JP' house! This sounds harsh! :angry:

But, anybody can explain to me "Oppa" is used to call whom?

When i watch Kr Drama, i see a girl calls her brother or boyfriend "Oppa", is this a reason why JD calls F3 "sunbea" instead of "Oppa"?

and " Shinhwa" what does it mean? ( all that i know this is a name of a Kr band! LOL)

thanks a lot!

PS: sorry Mod, i don't intend to spam. Plz help me del my post when my question is answered! Thanks very much!

there Umi goes again, don't have to watch any further I've already found she's annoying .... and what's wrong with JP AGAIN??????? why you let that girl sleep beside you, like that ????

poor JD, monkey and now that annoying girl .....

I hope that Umi will not long, only 2 eps left, why you have to be there ???????

and "oppa", I want JD is the first person call JP like that ... what the %^*&^%^$%#

^ according to my understanding, one call others "sunbae" refer that person is a senior of them in same business, for example, JD and F4 go to the same school, F4 is 3rd grade, JD is in 2nd grade, that's why she calls them "sunbae" ....

"oppa" refer to girl's older brother or her boyfriend ...

but then again, I don't know why GE also calls F4 "sunbae", they attend different school :D

Guest ml_87

funkindagirl: at first, i think the same as u. but after watching the preview, the scene of JH-JD is not that annoyed. GHS's acting is so amazing, u can see the the friendship clearly there. and i think what she said is becauz she feels pity for him after being rejected :(i dun think that JD will be passive like in Jk arc. i mow angry with Jp. he cant be intimate so quickly with Umi even he thinks that he's his gf. too close! which is not reasonable with his characteristics >"<

leahtran: he doesnt call JD name. he says " no"

Guest lidge_fan

so i went to nordstrom rack today and i was just browsing cause... i cant afford anything there.

and so i was digging through the racks halfheartedly and then i see this dress that looks slightly familiar.

then realization hits me. im like omg. its the hamburger dress!

the original price was like $398 or something like that and i was marked down about $125ish.

...obviously i had to try it on.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/dajun..._1img_47012.jpg

i sound like a huge dork but i felt like i was geum jandi for a second hahahhaahaha..

...but yeah the dress was worse in real like and looked even worse on me. props to GHS for pulling it off decently.

OMG!!! I cracked up at the "feeling like GJD" line..... :lol::lol::lol: If I saw it, I'd try it on and take a pic too :P wait, AND post it on soompi too :lol:

I noticed that one of the viikii's subbers is called "wannabeJandi"....LOL

thanks to all the nice people who posted the YT links to the new previews^^ and to blue_angel for the spoilers .....so AWESOME!!!!

LOL @ their plan to bring back JP's memory by reenacting the past...don't know how many times I'm seen this cliche act out and I still love it like I've never seen before :lol: ....and poor JP, they're gonna just keep shocking him and shocking him until he remembers :lol: I love the scene where the girl falls into the water and the guy jumps in to save her.....so romantic!!!! Maybe I should try it sometimes, just gotta find a guy first :lol:

I feel really, really sad as this is the last time all of us are debating like crazy, waiting for the previews/spoilers to come out and wishing the weekend is over already...gonna miss BOF but also this thread like crazy too when this whole thing is over....never seen so many hilarious comments and major spazzing in one place :P but also some extrememly insigntful analysis too!!!!

Guest funkindagirl

Ku Hye-sun Talks About her Role in "Boys Over Flowers"

0903261.jpg

“Loving someone despite all obstacles may be one of the most difficult things in life. It may be harder than living in poverty,” said Ku Hye-sun, who is playing the heroine whom two of the four protagonists are pursuing in the KBS2 hit drama “Boys Over Flowers.” And that is why most women viewers are jealous of her.

In an interview at a shooting site at Eulwangri Beach in Incheon on Sunday, Ku said, “I was skeptical about its success when I decided to take the role. I doubted it would appeal to Koreans because it is based on a Japanese comic book. Taking the role itself was a challenge.”

Geum Jan-di, whom she plays, is an ordinary high school student who wants to be a swimmer. She happens to attend a school for rich children although her family is poor, with her parents running a small cleaners that they eventually lose to creditors. This gets her subjected to contempt and mistreatment, but she tries not to lose her dignity and faces her situation squarely.

Ku confessed that she herself couldn’t understand the character completely. “There were moments that I couldn’t sympathize with her. If I had been able to, I would not have had conflicts in my mind. I wondered why she tries to deal with all her difficulties alone and why she feels she has to take care of her family.”

But the 25-year-old actress said that Jan-di has made her a more genuine and happier person. “By playing the role, I have become more positive. I was sorry to realize that I am losing innocence as I get older, and that made it more difficult for me to be Jan-di. So whenever I couldn’t identify with her, I kind of forced myself to become more innocent.”

She continued, “And I actually recalled my high school years, and realized that what I cherished most then was the people I liked. It seems I felt that if I could be with them, I could do anything.”

The drama is enjoying great popularity thanks to Ku and the other stars who are giving their utmost effort despite some misfortunes they have suffered. Ku had a car accident on her way back to Seoul from a local shooting site and had to have the inside of her mouth stitched.

“I have to get a thorough examination when the shooting ends. I bumped my head hard as well, but had no time to get an examination due to the shooting schedule,” she said. “The schedule is so tight that we all have trouble with our physical conditions. We are suffering lack of sleep so much that we can fall asleep at any moment. Now that all the shooting will be over in a week, we will hang in there until then.”

In Incheon, she shot a scene where Jan-di, who has decided to part ways with her boyfriend Jun-pyo, played by Lee Min-ho, due to his mother’s disapproval, goes on a trip with him for the last time.

“But I want it to come to a happy ending. I personally like stories with happy endings because they warm people’s hearts. I hope my drama is also one of those kinds,” said Ku.

Credit: KBS Global

^ im guessing that you watched these during the end of some episodes? if not then im guessing youtube somewhere? lol if youtube, could you please link me the links i wanna watch it ahaha!

Yeah most of them are at the end of episodes, which I usually download so I can rewatch them over :)

But you can find most of the NGs under hoonfamily in YT:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=hoonfa...over+flowers+NG

If you specifically want the Kim Bum laughing NGs:

This is from the BOF 1 hour special episode with the hide and seek NG & JP bell announcement

(There's also a longer version of the bell ringing NG at the end of episode 10)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pro9BUTs08...re=channel_page

End of Ep. 23 cliff NG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L3WwvhtlEo...re=channel_page

funkindagirl: at first, i think the same as u. but after watching the preview, the scene of JH-JD is not that annoyed. GHS's acting is so amazing, u can see the the friendship clearly there. and i think what she said is becauz she feels pity for him after being rejected :(i dun think that JD will be passive like in Jk arc. i mow angry with Jp. he cant be intimate so quickly with Umi even he thinks that he's his gf. too close! which is not reasonable with his characteristics >"<

I do see their friendship but perhaps its just me being selfish...haha. Because I want JP to have JD all to himself and I still feel that JP is having to share with JH...

Im still opposed to what she says no matter the circumstances because we never see her THAT tender towards JP.

Strangely, I can understand where JP's coming from.

I guess he's more likely to believe Umi is the kind of gf he WOULD HAVE HAD considering how he was at the very beginning of BOF.

JD is the type of girl he never used to notice or pay attention to.

JD was only different from others because she was feisty and stood up to him when he toyed around with her and she was hard to get.

But he's forgotten all that so he doesnt really understand what could attract him to JD.

Plus, her shoving ice-cream into his face & doing random things for no reason doesnt really help her cause. LOL. He probably dislikes her even more.

Guest leahtran

Can someone please translate the short preview of ep 24. It's so interesting. I wanna know the reason Junpyo screaming Jandi's name when saving Jihoo? Does he think that Jandi loves Jihoo so she rejected him? Still hope a happy ending but I hate to see Jihoo being hurt.

Guest Senorita_

Can someone please translate the short preview of ep 24. It's so interesting. I wanna know the reason Junpyo screaming Jandi's name when saving Jihoo? Does he think that Jandi loves Jihoo so she rejected him? Still hope a happy ending but I hate to see Jihoo being hurt.

JP wasn't saying Jandi's name when he pushed Ji Hoo away. From what I heard, I think JP was saying 'No' or something like that. (me and my lousy Korean >0< lol)

Does anyone think that in the extended 24 preview, when JH says I'm sorry to JD and she tells him about stopping the reason for stopping him from hitting JP. Followed by JH saying that her heart is cold because she is only acting strong in front of him. That he is saying this because all through the series he has been her firefighter, but after the alleged proposal she has started to rely on him even less than when they were in Jeju. It's almost like she has withdrawn some of her emotions towards him in an effort to not bring him any more pain. It's as if he's apologizing for putting a strain in thei relationship and he's hurt that she no longer allows him to be her fire fighter. Although most of the time, I just wanted JH gone so that there would be more JoonDi, I never in any of the other versions felt so sorry for Rui, I just want to hug him. He's like a lost puppy.

Guest lyptika

The short preview has much more content than the long one.

btw, KHJ's acting got so much better. I noticed that while watching the long preview. I didn't get the feeling anymore of him acting like he was acting... If you know what I mean. xD'' Better late than never! :D

He screams "No!", not "Jandi!" ^^

Guest Gabriella

I think everthing about 2 last eps have been shown so much and the only thing I'm wondering now that whether there wouldn't be any Woo Bin own story. Just about his love or girfriend or some girl he would suddenly meet... is all right. All I need is just a clear his own story. OMG, poor Woo Bin! Why are they so cruel?

Ep 24 Preview 45s - KBS Official Website

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLZakWm66BM

Wow, just got to say that even in that short 48 sec, ep 24 looks like it will be really dramatic! And guess they changed JP getting stabbed to getting hit by a car? I think that was a very smart change - less "violent" (which is why BOF kept getting dinged by the censorship board) and also it makes better sense why JP would get amnesia as a result of it.

To answer your question, Ismahane, at the end of ep 25 long preview, JP says, "that girl, Jandi (grass) or weed whatever, the way she looks at me won't leave my mind." (Literally, he says he can't erase from his mind the way she looks at me).

Kinda ironic, isn't it?

Guest F4fan

So, Mama Kang breaks down and accepts JD because she knows what JP likes to eat and loves him? That seems too easy....Or maybe MK only rights the wrong that she done to JD and her family because she sees that JD really does care for JP but doesn't accept JD...yet?

EDIT: So, I guess we won't be getting a wedding or kids for JP and JD if the spoiler can be construed as a possible open-ended conclusion. I am very interested in their conversation at Namsen Tower. I hope its long and a good one.

Very excited for the final finish. I think we have seen most of the Umi scenes in the previews.

EDIT #2: So, JP retains most of his niceness? I don't seem him being too cold like he was in Episodes 1-3 in the previews. He's more thoughtful -- I would've assumed that he would've slammed his chopsticks down when it didn't quite taste the same. Maybe that's the twist -- he thinks before acting instead of just acting on his emotions.

Guest sweetie

THANKS everyone for the previews n spoilers!

i'm really anticipating how they gonna end this drama. i bet these 2 finals will be like a rollercoster ride, so many things happen. n then Bump! THE END! :o i just hope the ending wont felt rushed,at least,..

surely will be a happy ending for our couple, i dont have any doubt on that (if the pd n the writer r on their right mind)

JOONDI, fighting! hope to see Junpyo Jr with curly curly hair, Gah cant wait to see witch mama holding a white flag, haha!

i felt bad watching the end of ep24 short preview. poor JP seeing the hug, but bad me, i actually cant help laughing the way JP push JH away. i thought there for a second, being thrown that way JH can possibly lose his memory as well. :P

Guest del32

How JP recovers his memory… Guess my hint last time was too easy because everyone guessed correctly. At a pool, JD falls into a pool and instinctively, JP jumps into the pool to save her and recovers his memory. And as guessed by many, JD falls into the pool because of the necklace. But JD purposely drops the necklace into the pool. Their conversation before she drops it, and especially JD's line… well, I personally really liked it! If the two actors can pull it off, it'll be a memorable scene. Another hint here! (Have you seen "Lovers in Paris?" There, the female lead tries to prove the male lead's feelings for her and falls into a pool.)

"Who the heck are you?"

"You call it… my name…"

And then splash…

Everyone comes running out at that moment, and although JH wants to save JD, he knows of JD's intention and stops himself. There's a scene where JP does CPR on JD.

JD does wear her school uniform during the graduation party, and she dances with each of the F4.

And yes, as rumored to be, the script for the Namsan kiss is "adoringly." She runs over there in her school uniform so it is a uniform kiss. And as this cable car is a special place for them where they spent their "first night" together, they also share an important conversation here in addition to their kiss.

Finally, as for after the time jump, from what I've been told, it's definitely a happy ending for JP/JD.

..and that's all I care about ;) A JoonDi ending! Sorry for cutting your post short, blue_angel! And thank you for the spoilers ;)Well, I guess, even when he's under an amnesia stage, and not remembering how much he loves his girl, his instinct to protect JanDi never goes away, hopefully they're gonna play 'Almost Paradise' for this scene, cause for once, it *is* a perfect song :lol: I'm so giddy from anticipating the cable car kiss

Guest ml_87

To answer your question, Ismahane, at the end of ep 25 long preview, JP says, "that girl, Jandi (grass) or weed whatever, the way she looks at me won't leave my mind." (Literally, he says he can't erase from his mind the way she looks at me).

Kinda ironic, isn't it?

when i watched the preview, i just wondered why JP doesnt shout at Umi. i think that after eating, he has realized sth but he's not sure. he cant imagine that Umi is lying to him. he just realizes that it's not the same taste as the one he ate in the hospital,right? and he remembers the way JD look at him. later, i'm sure that he will know himself that Umi is a liar B)

Guest simplyyjenii

^ thank you funkindagirl for the ng videos! they're really funny haha

omg @ the previews watching them right now! hehe

I reckon that after BOF is finished I reckon that they should make a final movie like the japanese version did hehe

Guest teddybearluver94

rawr. yoomie -o- she's sooooo annoyingg.... AHHH.

she's jus like "unnie i think it'll be a good idea if u don't come and see joonpyo anymore, ur making his condition worser." RAWR die. die. die.

oppah??!?! helloooo dats like jandi's like not hers!!! i meannn seriouslie.

hehe i thought it was funnie when joonpyo was like dis isn't the taste...*smacks chosticks on table* :) he never acted like that in front of jandi muahaha >:]

XD i still can't believe that yoomi's gonna be in th elast of eppiesode too like i mean there's not enough joondi moments as it is!!! GR. and then the pd even adds a scene wif yoomi sleeping on joonpyo's shoulder GRAWRRRRRRR.

im happie to hear that the re will be an happie ending fer joondi couple :3 realie hoping fer a wedding and honeymoon scene!!! hehee ^^

*sighh* it's sad that bof is gonna end dis week..... ;~; im gonna reallie miss it...