[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

BTW, is it just or is Goo Jun Pyos hair limping more and more each episode, haha :)

Just go for the Taiwan's straight hair, Minho! ^o^

I tried to make this retarded thing on paint, LOL!

Bad quality sorry :)

i think he is getting hotter and hotter without curly hair. :D

i've been reading the manga for more understanding the drama. and i found that tsukushi is still confuse about her feeling towards tsukasa until his fiancee show up. she never truly say she loves him until his fiancee leaves. but tsukasa always been persistent about his feeling to tsukushi. he never love any other girl. it is really a long journey of him to make tsukushi say she loves him. really, i thought, wow, tsukasa you are really rock.

From volume 1 to volume 27, finally tsukushi say she loves him. wow... i mean really wow.... very long journey tsukasa. i'm not finished yet, i just wanted tell that to all of u JoonDi fan. Don't move to any ship, JP really love JD.

Guest juneforest2000

Any Link????

Did anyone hv the link of Kim Hyun Joong solo on 'Because I am Stupid'?

I would like to download it. Thanks!!

Guest symphonee.

thank you renjitehsmex for for sharing the ost <333

finally all the songs are released! no more queries about what song was played in so and so episode.

Guest aewjaah

covermud.jpg

Kim Hyun Jung / A&T / T-Max - F4 Special

Release Date: March 18, 2009

Language: Korean

Genre: Ballad

Artist: Various

Bitrate: 320K

Tracklist

01. 행복이란 - 김현중

02. 가슴이 어떻게 됐나봐 - A & T

03. 나쁜 마음을 먹게해 (Ballad ver.) - 티맥스

04. 나쁜 마음을 먹게해 (Dance ver.) - 티맥스

CLICK!!

Here are my thoughts on the first 30 minutes of episode 21 xD I didn't have time to finish the episode today xD

“5 minutes” This moment was felt so heartbreaking yet so sweet. We can clearly see how much he misses Jandi and wants her in his arms. As for Jandi…I’m not quite sure how she felt….she seemed a bit reluctant…like she knows that he shouldn’t hug her since he has a fiancé and everything…it clear that she misses him and wants to be with him…I guess she didn’t know how to react to him at least in this type of situation where she thinks that they might have no chance to being together at all?

I wonder why Grandma calls the President “Miss Baby”? I wonder how the president was like when she married into the family for Grandma to call her that….clearly these two don’t have that great of a relationship…..but then again I really wonder how many people can ACTUALLY get along with the President *shivers* well aside from Mr. Lee since he’s really loyal to the Goo household clearly.

I seriously wonder why Jaekyung wanted the President to let Jandi stay. And then she moves in….does she want to in a way want to compete with Jandi try to win Junpyo’s heart fair and square? Since it clear that at this point she’s not going to give up on Junpyo and want to try really hard to win his heart.

I really wonder if there is a difference between giving up and letting go…

*goes google searching*

“Letting go doesn’t mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are thing that cannot be.”

“A sad thing in life is that sometimes you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never bound to be and you just have to let go”

These two quote really reminds me about Jaekyung…sure she’s not going to give up and that’s one of the reasons why I like her even though she is the third wheel in between our leading couple. This is probable one of the main reasons why people don’t like her (besides her voice >.<…no offense…her voice annoys me too…I’m just getting use to it…) She going to give her all in trying to win his heart without knowing if he actually belongs with her or not. You can totally see her as a relatable character. She simply wants to win the heart of the guy she likes, there is nothing wrong with that. Even though it is wrong for her to disregard Jandi but can you really blame her? She just wants to take that chance…to see if there is that chance if Joonpyo can fall in love with her. Let say if you were in that situation, wouldn’t you take that chance? Selfish…yes but that is how humans are.

Unlike Jaekyung, sadly it feels like to me that Jandi is giving up on Junpyo…Jandi somehow lost her persistence and stubbornness in being with Junpyo not letting go of him…but then again I can’t really blame her since it was Junpyo who totally drew the line in Macau D=<

I really want the strong Jandi back, the Jandi who had put her all to go again Joon Pyo’s mom to be with Joonpyo! I miss that Jandi =(

I’m not sure if it’s just me but I swear Jandi keeps getting prettier…she looked so pretty in the scene where Jaekyung was wearing her wedding dress and Jandi was in her hoodie…it’s definitely her eyes…so pretty ^o^

I seriously hated how Jaekyung seemed to be like rubbing it Jandi’s face that she is marrying Junpyo though >.< With her mom’s wedding dress and the jewelry and even talking about having children with Joonpyo...I wish writer Yoon just left the scene out and simple had Jaekyung just ask Jandi to be her bridemaid without the wedding dress and etc. In a way that it felt like Jaekyung was being so ignorant about Jandi;s and Joonpyo’s relationship..

But I think that with Jaekyung…she really does want Jandi to be her bridesmaid…it’s not like she wanted to rub Jandi in the face that she, Jaekyung's the one marrying Junpyo by asking Jandi to be her bridesmaid but rather because to Jaekyung, Jandi is her one bestfriend.

It's kinda weird to me for JK asking JD to be her bridesmaid.

If she really think JD is her friend, why she asked JD to be her bridesmaid? Doesnt she care about her friend's feeling at all??? :angry:

Does she really think that she can have both LOVE and FRIENDSHIP at the same time?

<_<<_<<_<

I don't think it's weird. When you get married you would want you're best friend to be your bridesmaid, I know I would. And to Jaekyung, Jandi is her best friend, her only one best friend. Okay maybe not best friend but she is probable her only friend.

--

I find it really cute how Jihoo's grandpa tries to get Jihoo and Jandi together xD

I think this is really the first time ever that I don't mind the main girl not ending up with the main guy...because seriously Jandi and Jihoo do look really cute together esp. when she kissed him on the cheek xD

I loved Jandi's expression after Jihoo exchanged the Jeju Island tickets for the meat haha priceless xD

--

I really want to talk about the scene where Jandi and Jaekyung first talk on Jeju island...i'll save my thoughts for next time...need to go to sleep...xD

----

QUESTION: Do any of you guys know if they will be releasing the instrumentals? The one in episode 16 with the fake date scene with Yijeong and Gaeul right when the fireworks start? Or the instrumental that played in episode 7 when Gaeul told Yijeong to lose to Jandi on purpose? They aren't in the seond ost =( Does anyone know where I can find it?

Click here for larger resolution for Special Edition's cover - http://i40.tinypic.com/2ik7bpy.jpg [credit: lks]

* To download the F4 Special Edition OST (with cover artwork and korean titles) - go to http://boysoverflowers-sg.blogspot.com

Thanks for the links, now I can at least listen new OSTs while waiting for Monday ^_^

And my petty opinion on the last few episodes: don't be so harsh on JP, I believe, he must have his reasons why he behave so.

Guest BiNueng

Hey, guys ^^ I've been quite a silent reader for sometime now. Well, up to this point I still believe in JP&JD couple even though I feel so sorry and heart-broken for JH. This character needs to be happy too. How can someone always be the one to sacrifice his love? Once is enough, but twice isn't too suffer. It's so sad when you actually LOVE someone and you have to let that person go in the end!!! Anyway, I hope the PD and scriptwriter wouldn't make me disappoint for the remaning episodes, please make me believe that JP&JD are meant to be together. MAKE IT REAL!!!!

Can't wait for the next epi....omg...6 days to go....>__<

p.s. I really really love the OST1, 2, and even 2.5!!!! The latest song that we heard is too beautiful <3333

Guest bubble

any preview of ep 22 and 23 .... ?? i hope there is more Yi Jung and Ga Eul..... their storyline seems to be lacking and lagging...

Guest ml_87

omo. thanks everyone for the link to the new OST 2.5 in MF!!!! :]

hope someone can translate the titles of the new OST 2 & 2.5 soon yea! (:

and my guess for the band singing the song at the part when JK kiss JP in epi20 is correct, T-Max! : P

HAHAHAHAHA ._.

i haven watch epi 21 yet! :'(

and it's depressing knowing that the drama will be ending soon :'''''(

Guest kyo_lover

Was just wondering, someone took photos of the cover of the drama's piano sheets earlier. Just wanna ask, are the piano sheets out already? Anyone kind enough to post those piano sheets...

BTW, is it just or is Goo Jun Pyos hair limping more and more each episode, haha :)

Just go for the Taiwan's straight hair, Minho! ^o^

I tried to make this retarded thing on paint, LOL!

Bad quality sorry :)

May be his 'curls' has been blown away by Jeju' wind :w00t:

or

Probably with the time running short, his stlylist got very limited time to curl up his naturally very straight hair...whatever it is he look good with this current less curly hair :lol:

Guest webby

I just found my fav song in OST2 -- Love U by Howl. It totally has a utada hikaru First Love feel. I'm hoping they will use it for the sweet jundi moments to come... crossing fingers.

Episode 21 was one full one loaded with good moments. Not sweet ones like Episode 20 but still, there's was a bit of everything. F4 bonding, JK JD confession, JD showing her infamous spunk and telling JP off for being a coward, JP lowering himself for his love begging for JK's forgiveness, Joonhee noona giving her dongseng the talk of his life "how much are you prepared to give up?", F4 soccer time (all 4 looked great in their outfits), JD's fallen appearance upon seeing JK strikingly ravashing in the bride gown and the jewelry madam kang had given her.... JH and grandpa finally ironing it out.... JH contemplating JD while looking at his mother's ring.... Gaeul and Jihoo stepping in and warning their best friends of the upcoming wedding and to act before their last chance is over... JP telling JD "then tell me not to do it, tell me not to go" in front of the F3.... wow, such a cliffhanger as to what jandi's response would be.....splendid acting by so many of the casts.

JP definitely wanted confirmation from JD before he takes any drastic measures. hence the last part of episode 21. Jandi has been avoiding the question whether she still likes him when he asks her. We know she still does, becoz she doesn't tell him she doesn't instead she avoids it. But to junpyo that isn't confirmation enough. He needed her words to encourage him to step out of the mess he's gotten into. I think the pep talk with his sister came just the right time actually more like in the last minute. JP is still confused but his sister outright told him be prepared to give up ALL, everything that embodies shinhwa and you. I like how she's so honest and frank about it, letting him know once he chooses there's no going back.

JK.. i have my soft spot for her though i was complaining she was lingering on too long. I think she already is deciding whether she should give up junpyo. Her heart is unwilling to, even when the almighty goo junpyo kneels down in front of her and tears threaten to fall, she couldn't bring herself to say the words... but when JK was crying and hugging JD, those were actual tears of guilt and regret, jandi and junpyo are the two most important people to her, and she is willingly hurting them for her own sake. When she said she would make it up to jandi, I think she is already thinking of cancelling the marriage. But she wants to carry out the ceremony right before the final moment, it's as if her wish to have the perfect wedding to be married to the man she truly loves in the presence of her best friend is what she's kidding herself about, to let her wish almost come true to perfection before she'd be willing to cancel it off. And as she carries this part of the plan, she knows she's hurting jandi more and more, but perhaps she wishes jandi would grant her selfish request becoz she would eventually let junpyo go ... ... i don't know why but i find this possibility very intricate and touching... though of course right now no one knows about it... and also having this ceremony also meant pushing JD and JP to their limits, having them to face the decision of what they want to do with their life, which they have been just avoiding and going around in circles... it's time for them to finally ACT!

Some of my 2-cent comments after watching epi 21 with subs:

On JP –

I’m not going to sound like a broken record by defending for JP again on his apparent lack of action on going after JD. May I direct everyone who thinks he’s a coward to this post by Daiguiri whose views I share fully. There are also many posters who have shared great insights in explaining the change in JP’s behaviour. I’m just quoting Daiguiri cos I particular like what she said about JP’s mentality being that of a young adult and yet he is supposed to think and act beyond his years.

This is one reason why I like the Korean adaptation of the manga. I like how they show a maturing Domyoji.

On JD –

This is probably just me but I find that in this epi, it is strange to see JD suddenly getting very affected by JP’s upcoming marriage. I blame this on the er…directing? I have complained that in past few episodes, there were little scenes showing that JD is pinning on or even thinking of JP. I almost thought that JD has hardened her heart and is giving up on JP. So it’s strange to me that there were suddenly so many scenes of her looking upset at the thought of JP-JK marriage. Well, better late than never.

Anyway, I am really glad that they showed JD’s rejecting JH to wipe her tears. Her mouth may say that she will continue to smile because JH will look after her but in her heart, she has rejected him on reflex. I pity JH but gosh, it’s about time to show such little gesture to confirm that JD treats JH only as a friend instead of us (read: Jundi shipper) making assumption.

However, I still doubt she will hold onto JP fiercely. This is someone who actually agreed to be JK’s bridesmaid! I somehow think that her answer to JP’s question at the end is to tell him to continue with the wedding since she doesn’t want to hurt JK *smack forehead*.

On JH –

I like what he said in this episode (in the scene where F4 were watching the CM by JK/JP) about how only JP can sort out this mess. It tells a lot of his current standing. Outsider can’t do much anyway. It’s up to JP to clear up the misunderstanding. If JD is willing to go after JP, JH will let her do so. If she’s hurt, he will be by her side comforting her.

Poor guy. He is really sweet towards JD but we all know where JD’s heart belongs. I just hope that he finds happiness and peace with his grandpa (btw, I truly enjoy watching the scenes of him with grandpa although I do find his crying scenes a bit uncomfortable to watch)

On JK –

I never dislike her but I figured that this is because from reading the manga and watching the two TV-adaptation, I knew she’s good at heart and she will initiate breaking the engagement. If I do not know the story, I will probably dislike her for being so insensitive. She admitted that she’s aware of JP-JD’s relationship and yet still insist on JD to be the bridesmaid? I don’t get her behaviour but I guess I still do not dislike her yet for she’s really pitiful for liking JP. Thankfully, she will redeem herself next week.

On YJ –

Why is his story reminding me so much of JH (pinning for his first love) and JP (in his car crying and watching his love in the company of another guy). Aigooo… Gaeul, please help him to find a closure to his first love. I want back my smiling YJ!

On WB –

It really tells of his role when you see him alone in his car while JH and YJ both have company. Guess it’s really too late to add a story for him. Nevertheless, more scenes for him please! No, not that kind of scene where they behave like young boys who never even thought of saying ‘there is no point in doing this’ when JP asked him to break his arm!

Great, I’m rambling again. To end off, elexis! Thank you for the mediafire link to OST 2.5!

Guest kriza_09

Now that i think about it, i wonder myself if Jandi really has let Junpyo go. Maybe she has.

At this point I think it's true that Jandi has decided to let him go and try to move on. But I don't think she's got over him yet. She's trying hard to move on, but Junpyo makes it difficult for her by moving to her neighborhood, keeping close to her as his personal maid (i mean keep calling her to do things for him), etc. I think that's why she asked him 'what games are you playing now?' during the ramyun scene after he told her to sit on the recliner. He answered that the chair is so uncomfortable and he's just testing it out. But I think what she really asked was 'Why do you keep coming to me as if we're still together?', 'Why do you keep moving back and forth, all nice and loving one second, cold and cruel the next?', 'Why do you keep acting like you love me after you clearly say you don't anymore ("a stain I want to erase") and you're even engaged now', things like that... And that's why she broke it off first when they hugged each other during that movie night... The feeling keeps coming back when she's trying to shut it off.

I really love the scene where Jandi was hiding in the closet. It might seem to be a comedic scene, but when Junpyo left the room with Jaekyung and the door was slightly open and Jandi tried to close it herself, in a slight second whe she was looking up, you can see there were tears in her eyes.

(I wonder if that hiding in the closet scene is symbolic of Jandi's feeling. At first Junpyo is the one who closed the door, but the door kept opening itself, and at the end Jandi closed it herself. Perhaps I just looked at it too far, but it seems this hiding thing is a recurring theme in this drama. First, the hide-and-seek game with the masks in Macau and then also with Yi-jung's story.)

And I really commend LMH's acting when Junpyo was staring at her when she's sleeping... I could totally feel the portrayal of his yearning of something he can't reach even though it's right in front of him (which is probably why he said he couldn't believe it's real even though he's hugging her during the wakeup scene), with a mix of feeling sorry that he's caused her so much pain... It's a combination of 'Why does it have to come to this for us?', 'Did I make a wrong decision?', 'Why do I keep hurting her?', 'What should I do?', things like that.

---

Just a bit on Jihoo's story. At first I was confused of Jihoo's reaction to his grandpa. I mean, he has thought his grandpa hated him all along, so now that he found out that his grandpa doesn't hate him, shouldn't he be happy and celebrating, instead of being cold to him and pushing him away? I think the real problem is the inner conflict between the adult Jihoo and the kid Jihoo. I think as an adult, Jihoo would understand why his grandfather left and he should be relieved that he finally found his grandpa back, which I think he is. But the kid Jihoo inside him was so hurt to see the only family he had just left him like that and the hurt has been living on him for 15 years. You know how something that happened to you when you're a kid left really deep impression on your unconscious mind more than you realize? When Jihoo refused his grandpa's food but later came back and eat it, I totally feel like it was the kid Jihoo who was just throwing tantrums. It's like when a kid wants an ice-cream but his parents won't buy it for him but buy him a pizza instead, and he just runs off to his room angrily (not that kind of anger, but more of a cute tantrum?) but when his parents don't look, he comes back and eat the pizza because he also loves pizza. I just had the same feeling when I watched that scene. I feel like when Jihoo is around his grandpa, he's acting rather childish and vulnerable.

now i really wonder why the acoustic version of because i'm stupid by kim hyun joong is not included in the special edition soundtrack when he's even the one on cover... i hope that the song will be out somehow...

WEll, the cover has him on it because the first track was sang by him. Frankly, I have not heard of the first track anywhere in the drama before. Did i miss it?

BTW, it suddenly occur to me... was it specifically stated anywhere in the drama why JH's grandfather left JH? I don't think he explained it right?

Oh, and regarding the spoilers for next epi, my guess for the 5 people who object to the marriage is JK, F3 and GE. I hope it's JD instead of GE but I doubt so. And I doubt it could be anyone directly related to Shinhwa or it will defeat the purpose of having JK to break the engagement first so as not to destroy the 'biz r/s'. Now i'm just intrigued at the part where it was stated that there IS a reason why JP will appear at the wedding. I'm dying to know the exact reason. And I'm also excited to see how JP will reconcile with JD. It has better be a convincing reason matched with sweet setting for the two!

Guest ml_87

Oh, and regarding the spoilers for next epi, my guess for the 5 people who object to the marriage is JK, F3 and GE. I hope it's JD instead of GE but I doubt so. And I doubt it could be anyone directly related to Shinhwa or it will defeat the purpose of having JK to break the engagement first so as not to destroy the 'biz r/s'. Now i'm just intrigued at the part where it was stated that there IS a reason why JP will appear at the wedding. I'm dying to know the exact reason. And I'm also excited to see how JP will reconcile with JD. It has better be a convincing reason matched with sweet setting for the two! :rolleyes:

yeah, i wish it were JD, too. but i guess JD was wandering in the field with such a broken heart. Jp, who has just leaves the weddig as feat as possible, rushes to find her. they meet in the field. they hug and kiss! so romantic!

or, when JP just runs out of the chapel (to find JD), he crashes into JD, who is rushing to the wedding to stop it. :D

oh, i have to stop myself now. i started thinking aimlessly since reading the preview of 22nd episode :lol: hope that at least, JoonDi sweet moments last in the total episode 22

btw, we will see JP take JD go along the beach in his car. it's very romantik scene. and i think it's more meaningful becauz it's the 1st time MinHo drives a girl (he just took the driving license one day before going to jeju). HS is so lucky! :D

Guest renjitehsmex

At the peak of his popularity, SS501 ‘Flower Boy’ Kim Hyun Joong reveals the gift that he had announced previously.

Kim Hyun Joong left a message ‘This is the gift that I’ve mentioned’ at his official homepage and also uploaded a video with the messages ‘Goodbye Yoon Ji Hoo’ and ’31-Mar, 9pm at Olympic Hall’.

Kim Hyun Joong is preparing to watch the last episode of KBS 2TV ‘Boys Over Flowers’ to be broadcasted on 31-Mar with his fans. His gift for fans is to watch the last episode together as a group.

In order to be able to watch the last episode together with his fans, Kim Hyun Joong plans to invite about 4,000 fans to fill the Olympic Hall at Seoul Olympic Park. The event will start at 9pm, 1 hour before the broadcast, with Kim Hyun Joong singing ‘Because I am Stupid’ which is a song from ‘Boys Over Flowers’ OST that garnered a lot of love for it. Besides Kim Hyun Joong, all SS501 members namely Heo Young Saeng, Kim Kyu Jong, Park Jung Min & Kim Hyung Joon, will be attending this event on that day.

Kim Hyun Joong hinted for this special gift when he left a message at his fanclub homepage on white day, 14-Mar, which also includes a photo of rings made from sweets.

Kim Hyun Joong wrote in his message “Just wait and see. I will return soon with a bigger gift than sweets. To people who are having tough times at work, difficult times in school, our cute ahjumma who are rolling at home. The gift is free. I want to use the money I earn to buy you something.”

Fans responded enthusiastically and are waiting for the gift mentioned in Kim Hyun Joong’s message that he will return with a gift for fans with his hard-earned money. In fact, Kim Hyun Joong paid for this event at Olympic hall on his own expense, and his fans are very touched when they found out about it.

Credits : economy.hankooki.com + SS601.com + (English Translation) xiaochu @ Quainte501.com + francesca @asianfanatics