[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest misspinky

You are aware, of course, that veoh-uploaders take WITHS2 softsubs against the explicit "don't upload on streaming sites" policy of WITHS2 and still upload them... which might very well result into WITHS2 stop the subtitles for this show altogether? This is no kinderspiel, you know. More VEOH uploads = bigger chance of no more English subtitles...

actually the subs on mysoju were provided by viikii in case you weren't aware. and personally i think the korean ratings matter more than mysoju cus people are constantly watching and rewatching dramas and the quality on that site ain't so good especially for viikii videos.

//i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr350/leemh/DSC02068-1.jpg

Junpyo with young Minji

credit: dcinside

OMG. too cute. Junpyoooooo ♥

LOL! i love mini minji. HAHA! she talks like she has a nose block or something. adorable!

i am a junpyo+jandi shipper. (:

hope that'll happen till the end. LOL! cz i've never watched any versions except this Korean one.

i'd want junpyo as my boyfriend. sigh!

and kimbum's smile is too irresistable.

my heart trembles whenever i see him smile. GRR.

too heavenly! and hyunjoong's body & charms. eeks. this drama is pure love!

and oh snaps. i'm craving for a junpyo-jandi kiss. LOL! when will it happen?

i think i'm possibly a gaeul + yijung shipper. haha. they're just too cute.

Guest cimechang

what do you mean by "JD and JH will only be soulmates"? I watched the Taiwanese version, and tried to watch the jp version(i didn't liked it at all)... but JD/Makino and JH/Rui was never soulmates..?

Well, the fortune teller in her dream said that her soulmate and husband were there with her on the island but that they were two different men. I think that JD and JH will be soulmates just because they are so nsync with one another but she will end up married to JP because well, he's the lead male and the lead male and lead female always get together in the end of kdramas, don't they?!! Also, with every version there are changes so no the JP version may not have ever mentioned soulmates but the korean one does, rewatch episode 5&6, you'll see it.

Guest cartoonangel

Just wondering.. did the cast go on any variety shows? And if they did.. can someone provide the links? The first page doesn't seem to say so..

Guest rOothx33

Just wondering.. did the cast go on any variety shows? And if they did.. can someone provide the links? The first page doesn't seem to say so..

김범, 김현중, 구혜선, and 안석환 were on 상상프러스 a couple weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSgX2-RmICQ...re=channel_page

That's part 1 of 6, but no subs. There should be a subbed version somewhere in this thread... :sweatingbullets:

Guest wannaymoore

Hello All, I'm Maria, and I'm new to this thread. (: I just finished watching Ep4, and I seriously cant wait for the next one. For me, there are no words in describing this Drama. I've watched the Japanese and Taiwanese version, but so far, up to Ep4, this is my favorite. Aja Aja Hwaiting!! Looking forward for the next episode.

Thanks for creating this thread! Appreciate it a lot! (:

Cheers, Maria.

P/S : I TOP-ed PAGE 646! (:

Guest lilcuteeguh

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i...&u=12220904

The emergence of the Infinite Challenge F4 has captured the attention of Korean netizens.

On Jan 22, once news was released that MBC’s Infinite Challenge members will be doing a parody of KBS hit drama Boys Before Flowers, the Internet was abuzz with commotion.

Photos of the cast of Boys Before Flowers were also combined with images of the IC members to form hilarious parodies of the actual characters.

The parodies cleverly weaves the IC members’ profiles into the original characters. For example, female protagonist Geum Jandi becomes ‘Geum Soodi’ (Park Myung Soo), the daughter of a fried chicken shopowner, and enters Infinite High School with her singing talent instead of swimming skills.

Gu Joonpyo now becomes ‘Gu Jinpyo’ (Junjin), part of the Hallyu conglomerate Shinhwa, who ends up at Infinite High. Original character Gu Joonpyo is fluent in multiple languages as he lived abroad, but ‘Gu Jinpyo’ can speak at least 5 languages with his concert tour experience.

Yoon Jihoo, played by SS501 member Kim Hyun Joong, is now ‘Yoon Suk Hoo’ (Yoo Jaesuk), the heir to the Grasshopper Conglomerate. In addition, ‘So Yi Chul’ (Noh Hong Chul) and ‘Song Ha Bin’ (Jung Joon Ha) completes the F4 grouping.

Netizens’ comments include ‘the person behind the parody is a genius’, ‘the effects are just spectacular, it’s really fun’.

For the parody of the drama itself, Park Myung Soo is slated to play the role of Gu Joonpyo, Yoo Jaesuk as Yoon Jihoo, with Jung Joon Ha and Noh Hong Chul completing F4. Female lead Geum Jandi is expected to be played by Junjin, and Jung Hyung Don as Jandi’s friend Ga-eul.

Source: Starnews

Chi trans: susan427@Bestshinhwa

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com

Guest MiyuKanata09

i watch episode 6.. i love the scene where Jandi was teasing Junpyo..she's really having fun..haha.. i just so love their chemistry.. i wish for more happy moments like that.. i also notice in jandi's eyes that she is even more happier when she's with junpyo..

as for JD, JP, and JH situation..

i can't blame them for what happened.. i mean its just hapened...

some says that its jandi's fault for not telling junpyo that she's not interested to him.. but i think she did tell him.. i remember she did it many times.. she kept complaining how junpyo keep on buying things for her..but junpyo just didn't listen to her.. she also say that you can't force anybody to fall in love with you even a genie.. so to me she's nicely saying that she can't still accept junpyo feeling.. so how come its her fault for kissing somebody.. when junpyo show his heart..i saw jandi that its hard for her to reject junpyo.. and i think she didn't intend to break junpyo's heart.. jandi is being undecided because she herself didn't know why she suddenly felt she cares for junpyo's feeling..

as for jihoo.. he feels lonely then suddenly jandi came to comfort him... he suddenly feel happy that someone cares for him..some one cry for him.. jandi make him happy so even he knows junpyo like jandi, he can't just hide his feeling.. JH and JD's feeling for each other are the same.. JH stand up for jandi when she's in trouble then when JH is lonely JD is there to comfort him.. i can't say its love but i think its just love for a friend and they just misunderstood it for love..

and as for junpyo.. i understand him for wanting to expell JD and JH... he can only think is he's been betrayed...

i like about junpyo is that even for him jandi betrayed him.. he still protecting her from jihoo.. like when woobin trying to explain that JH just did that because SH, for JP thats makes it more unforgivable..

and as for the kiss scene.. it just suddenly happened.. JH & JD didn't plan it.. when JH heared those words he sudenly felt happy because someone is there for him.. and he thought it was love.. they both tought that they love each other..thats it..

and for JungEul scene i jsut love them!!! i love both JunDi and JungEul couple.. both couple's chemistry are amazing.. looking for more JunDi and JungEul happy moments..

this is all my its all my opinion though..

hello everyone~

i'm a big fan of 꽃보다 남자~ ^^

i just finished to watch ep5 &6 and i must say i totally fall in love with minho's character~!!

he's perfectly match with my imagination about domyoji!

i also love kim bum...

he's so~~~ cute!!!

anyway i read an article that many japanese hate korean version of hanayoridango...

do u guys also think korean version is the worst???

i saw jp &tai version.. but personally i think korea one is the best;;;

maybe it's because i'm korean.... ^^;;

but i think every hanayoridango dramas has its own colour..

so instead of comparing these dramas, i hope everybody just enjoy it..

sorry for poor english.. ^^ c ya!

IMHO, I think that the 3 versions have their own charm...

I must say I love Domyouji's character in all versions for the moment (I'm waiting for the chinese one), they all definitely made the right choice for the lead role...

Jerry Yan as Dao Min Si had this passionate characteristic that Domyouji has...he is violent, innocent, loving and silly at times... + he is tall... he is the first Domyouji so just for that I give him all the credit he deserves...after all unlike the others he didn't have any examples to look at...

Jun Matsumoto despite his height (5'8 or 1m73) played his role very well, he portrayed the silly side of Domyouji perfectly and for me he is the only one who were able to make me cry each time I saw him suffering...+ this version will always hold a special place in my heart since it was the one I first watched.

Lee Min Ho is also a very good Domyouji...he is tall (the tallest out of the 3), hot, mischievous, loving, handsome, hot tempered, gorgeous lol no seriously he is perfect.

As for Makino, I won't lie I don't like the korean one. She is loud, looks old (her haircut doesn't help if you ask me), I thought that one day I'd get used to her but no each episodes made it worse... she is a major miscast imo.

Kim Hyun Joong is ok I guess but still acting wise he is way behind Shun Oguri and Vic Zhou...but no doubt there's room for improvement.

Kim Bum is perfect, my fav Soujiro so far. He has this flirtatious smile that is required for his character... he is so cute, I really love him. Oh and when he got angry in episode 6, oh gosh he made me shiver from head to toe lol... yeah he is that great.

Kim Joon is easily the hottest Mimasaka that I've ever seen (yeah I know I'm repeating myself here but otherwise I have nothing else to say on this character since in all versions he has a small role...so at least I'll praise him on his looks lol)

The OST is good but doesn't beat the japanese one, plot wise they do justice to the manga for the moment so as far I'm concerned it's a good version.

Guest prisonerzero

STOP HAVING THIS THREAD GROW SO FAST, PLEASE. XD

I'm kidding.

But anyway, I saw the parody thing a couple pages back and I had to try so hard not to laugh in the middle of a quiet classroom when I saw Myung Soo's face as Jan Di.

Guest polaris

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i...&u=12220904

The emergence of the Infinite Challenge F4 has captured the attention of Korean netizens.

On Jan 22, once news was released that MBC’s Infinite Challenge members will be doing a parody of KBS hit drama Boys Before Flowers, the Internet was abuzz with commotion.

Photos of the cast of Boys Before Flowers were also combined with images of the IC members to form hilarious parodies of the actual characters.

Is the parody out yet?

Guest lilcuteeguh

i don't get why people are abashing hyun joong's acting. he fits the role perfectly, and besides, it's not like he was an actor in the first place. anyway, lets hope that he's not affected by this.

by the way, has the long preview of episode 7 released yet? thanks... :]

Are the WITHS2 subs being used for BOF? My understanding is that Mysoju works on a first come first served basis. The first subs to be uploaded (in this case Vikii) are the ones used.

Check out episode 1 and 2. Both use subtitles made by WITH S2...

in a article goo hye sun said she chose to dress herself up with her own clothes and everything because her character didnt need attention to her clothing. she's suppose to look off and awkward thats her character., the make up in that scene was only one scene that she had that hideous "clown" makeup or whatever u said it was. not a big deal i dont understand why it worries u so much. lol. its not like she had that makeup on in every episode. ur just making it a bigger deal than it really is.

the F4 and all the rest of the cast had to be decked out in burberry louis blaba. in south korea the actors/actresses choose to use their own stylists because they feel more comfortable with them, they know what fits what fits hoo well how they look what they look better in. the production company''s main image team gives the each stylists what kind of style the character n the money to go out to get the stuff they need. so the each actor/actresses stylist goes out for free clothes from different brands because they do the whole "u wear this it commercializes our clothing brand good for us profit good for u cuz u look hot in it" idea. n the stylist pays the stylist their wage and as well from the celeb's ent company. so its like 2 jobs. unless its like a historical drama or something.

sometimes they have the special requirement that the drama team will require all the actors/actresses to have the same stylist that the production provides. but the production team stylist only makes the image they want for each character and they work with the celeb stylist to get the right fit and clothing.

get it?

I don't get your b*tchiness, though. So you don't agree with my opinion that the production should supply the show with a costume person and make-up/stylist for the actors and actresses on the set. Fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but no need for b*itchness.