[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest JJiMBBANG_x3

hi ^^;;

just wondering..

but is the opening credits for 꽃보다남자 available?

i cant seem to find it anywhere.. =ㅂ=;;

Guest Toffy_

rui/ji hoo's stare

when i read the manga years ago, Rui's stare are blank and emotionless, but is also gentle and hard to understand at the same time. I think that is why makino falls and intigue by him, his mysterious nation and a look that is very hard to read. If he gve off a sexy stare then that isn't Rui.<Br><Br>To me, everyone in the serie resemble to those in the manga, much more than the japanese and chinese version.

I think so. Rui' character is cold, some kind, and when Makino loves him, she love just the perfect side. But everyone have other side. Just Tsukasa show it. When I firstly watched I would like the RuixMakino, but after some scene... No... I think Tsukasa better for her. She have other temperament. :blink:

Guest kdramafanusa

Daily TV Rating - [Tuesday 2009-01-06]

TNS

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

3. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 28.2%, 30.0%

4. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 2 (KBS2) - 17.6%, 17.4%

AGB

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

3. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 28.6%, 30.3% (#2)

5. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 2 (KBS2) - 16.1%, 15.9%

Terroir <떼루아> (SBS) - % (BT20), % (BT20)

Guest hurt2cu

hyungjoon and chaeyoung is suppose 2 be akward at first, because he just know her. He is like that w/ every1 except for that one lady in the poster. his feeling develope later on in the serie, but is not "love at first sight" 4 both of them.

i love the korean twists in the drama

the three girls so are the typical korea hs/college girl fangurl students

jandi and junpyo are just awesome

and hyungjoon....

im starting to like his rui a lot too...

xD

but i dont get it

why is hyungjoon and chaeyoung SO AKWARD???

why do they say formal words to each other?

(jondamal?)

and he doesnt seem to love her...

is that on purpose?

Translation of preview for ep3.

Chinese to English translation: c_gunawan541

Chinese to Korean translation: TSKS subbing team

JP: You finished this whole bottle of alcohol?

Yah, Wake up, woman!

JD: Yeah, i'm a woman.

I, can't do anything.

3girls: Geum Jandi, she is actually flirtalious in that pure shell.

SH: I knew it when the first time i saw her.

She's the person that makes Jihoo smile when he mentions her,

it's jandi.

YJ: Geum Jandi, she's kinda pretty with those make up right?

JP: It's not an ugly ducking becoming a swan.

Guy's voice: Jihoo, that guy..

If he knew you first, he'll like you.

JH: What rights you have to do these things?

JD: Because i saw sunbae is in so much pain.

JH: This isn't your business, get out.

Note: I'm sorry that i may be incorrect in some interpretation since it's translated from chinese.

Thanks to TSKS subbing team super-duper fast speed of translation!

---Caroline

Guest ruishi

now that BOF has aired, i can finally have my say on the matter....

(ok, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, so let's not jump at each other's throat here.

we can't please everybody, but we can & have to respect each other's point of view....

sorry! just have to say that, too much clashing here.)

here goes....

i can't really judge this drama after seeing only 1 episode. from what i've seen so far i can only

say it's ok. i guess i'm not all that gaga over it because of the female lead. from the moment they

announced GHS for the part, it has been disappointing for me. i was hoping for a better/prettier female

lead. i know looks isn't all that as i had been won over by not-so-goodlooking actors before. but, i didn't

like her in seodongyo, & after seeing her portrayal of jandi in episode 1, i didn't like it so far either.

i think she's trying to be funny with her exagerated facial expressions, i'm not buying it though. let's

see in the next episodes if she can still change my (and others) opinion of her though. if it's any consolation

to GHS fans, she was very pretty when she smiled for the photos at the restaurant she was working at.

LMH looks like a potential jerry yan, he looks very promising. i thought i'd be looking forward to KHJ, but

basing it from episode 1 alone, LMH is taking the lead for me. for some reason KHJ didn't catch my interest

contrary to what i expected (though i like his voice very much, beautiful!). he's definitely more handsome than

vic zhou, but vic got me interested on the onset unlike with KHJ.

as for kim bum, he's very cute, but i'm not that interested in him. we'll see as the drama progresses....

the other guy, no comment....

as for the chemistry between the 5 leads, i didn't feel it either like some had noticed. maybe it's too early to tell?

i don't know. the taiwanese leads though had a very good chemistry from the onset in my opinion.

oops, i forgot to mention....

the opulence in this version is overwhelming! a school that has a golf course, an equestrian, a canteen-cum-hotel/1st

class restaurant, etc....and yet they don't have a laundry service?! maybe i'm asking too much here, but since they made the school seem like it has everything, then why not a laundry service as well? it just looked cheaped that for an

establishment like that a mere laundry was delivered by cheap looking gal on a bike.

since they made everything look so grand, why not make it all out?!

I thoroughly enjoyed both previous versions, but I've gotta say: even without subtitles Goo Hye Sun's "Jandi" just jumps off of the screen :o which I'm certain is pretty much what the director was counting on when he selected her. <_< I thought that Meteor Garden was played more or less realistically, with Barbie Xu owning the series throughout every scene and Jerry Yan far outdistancing the wooden performance of his Japanese counterpart, (Matsumtoto Jun) who seemed to be fairly good at looking smug, and little else. -_-Mao Inoue was cute and understated in Hana Yori Dango, but the nine episodes flew past without enough time to really convince me that the leader of F4 had done anything to gain her affection, given the horrible character he was in the early going. (It didn't seem to take "Makino" too long to get over the beatings, bullying, and attempted rape that "Domyoji's" red tag had put the official seal of approval on. :huh:) With the extra episodes and the excellent supporting cast, I'm confident that Hye Sun and the Korean crew can lead this group of new actors to an end that satisfies most of those who will allow themselves to become satsified. :unsure:

hello! ahaha, i like your brief, concise, direct to the point review of the three versions! very well said!

i've read too much hype on the japanese version, i had no plans to watch it whatsoever but i'm trying to

watch it now because of the comparisons between the japanese & korean version. the 1st cut alone of episode 1

was killing me, i can't stand the language! i was trying to bear with it though, but your review is giving me

2nd thoughts on whether i should still endure it ahaha.

Guest jvchou1316

so I just sped through the first two episodes raw -- omg. well having watched two HYD versions already, you pretty much get what's going on.

i don't have any problems with the plot resembling the TW/JP versions because it is boys over flowers - it is essentially the same elements that draw in the fangirl audience.

i thought...minho was perrrfect as junpyo. I loved matsujun so much but i think i will like minho the best. KHJ was ok. he was not that natural - I hope he improves as the show progresses. The other guys - yes, i agree with a lot of people that the YOYOYOWAZZUP from kimjoon was ...eh... weird. but at least it gives him his own flavor/ Kim Bum gets cuter by the minuteeee. he can be a cutee playboi.

now... GHS - i didn't like her that much in the first ep. same thing - overexaggeration, weird facial expression... but (no offense) I thought she wasn't THAT pretty (which is what makino was supposed to be like anyway)and her haircut is not that pretty; which made me feel kinda good. lol. it gives the non-gorgeous girls out there some hope! hahah even if its only a drama.

after 2nd ep - i got used to ghs's face, voice, whatever. she can be cute. the way she talks is jus the way she talks. she has so many scenes that you're bound to become immune to her acting; hyunjoong on the other hand.... keep working on it! :P

i actually like the music.

so excited for next week!

Guest KiBUm_Love

totally agreed, the music in this drama is great!

as as for hyunjoong/jihoo's awkwardness, i think it has to do more with the concept of his charachter. hes supposed to be (according to ep.2) a shy, kinda.. awkward(?) guy

and minho is 200% PERFECT for his character

in the jp version i really liked m.jun but minho has something more *ㅂ*

and i llike how in this version he's not so mean and senseless as in the jp one, although i miss all the times m.jun screws up what he is saying,lol

episode 2 was definetly better than the first episode (even though i thought the 1st ep. was good too)

ahh, now for the real problem. waiting a whole week for episode 3 :[[

Guest tppwendy

yo the rating of ep2 is better :)

I have exam this week and also the next one, so I can't watch it T____T After finishing these two weeks of misery, I will watch from ep1 to ep4...yeah ^^

wow the top post kekeke

Any other CB with 720p version of HYD besides moviesamo?

Thx

only moviesamo has the 720p version and now this series has the green thingy next to it. that means we cannot download without paying.

the CB owners must be smart enough not to be detected in having the series uploaded.

Guest Jamieâ„¢

I burst out laughing at the scene where Jihoo was like plastered against Seohyun's ad in the middle of the sidewalk. It looked so awkward hahah Woobin & Eejung are always so smiley towards one another.. it looks so forced lol and they listen to Britney Spears when they hang out.. -___-

hyesun kind of annoys me with her facial expression...esp in ep 1 where she calls f4

dung...that was too much....and also wonbin with his yo yo man stuff...ooohh pls he neeDS

to stop that! i love the three girls and their OMG!!! and esp their facial expressions when hyesun

was like their f4?...kim bum was so cute esp when he seduces the woman with a really cheesy

line....he speaks pretty good english!....

RANDOM :did anyone notice how jandi's father looks like that security guy from princess diaries??

haha maybe its just me?

Guest tru32urluv

sorry if this was already asked but is ep 1 & 2 subbed yet? if so can someone post up links?

I went back a bunch of pages and its so confusing and hard to read through all the posts haha

we're all so spazzy so I'm like O_O right now looking through these pages

Guest angel91

Just finished ep 1 and 2 and OMFG!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: That was sooooo INCREDIBLY GOOOOD!!! I was expecting alot from this drama and WOW did I get just what I wanted!!! :D

Although there are a few things that I didn't like, like Woo Bin saying all that YO YO YO stuff, it didn't really fit in and it was a little awkward. :huh:

Another is how Jandi acts in the balcony scenes where she yells out all her feelings and stuff. :sweatingbullets: Thought it was a little awkward too!!

But those things I can live with, and still watch the drama!!! I thought that Lee Min Ho acted Joon Pyo really well, and acted out the personality of Joon Pyo's complex feelings, expressions and actions out very well. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: It was better than I imagined, and I think considerably better than the actor in the japanese drama :sweatingbullets: . And DEFINITELY MUCH better than the actor in the Taiwanese drama. <_<

Jandi's character was well-played out as well. I especially liked here expressions, it was very energetic, funny and humorous. :D The other actors play out well too, like Kim Bum's character. He played that out smoothly!! :D

Even though the actor's play out well, the director is the most important part of the drama. The director who is directing "Boys Before Flowers" also directed the famous "My Girl" and "Delightful Girl Choon Hyang" . The direction and flowness of the two episodes I've seen are very well done and directed but we'll have to see how he does for the rest.

I MUCH AWAIT THE NEXT EPISODES!!! :lol::w00t::lol:

I'd never thought I would say this but................................I CAN'T WAIT TILL MONDAY!!! :w00t: