[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

hello guys... Soooooo I'm pretty excited about the start of BOF tomorrow, especially now that I'm officially dropping the other drama I WAS watching after the whole fiasco and the BTS dramuh that has happened... (hmmmm would you guys care to endear me with a guess?)

I'm really glad to see some familiar threaders here( and we also got a lot of people who's got some grasp on hanggul, now isn't that convenient?)... Yay! we'll never find it hard to have some things translated when need be... Thanks to all you guys who're posting some goodies and translations! ljphantom!!! Weeeeeee... I'm super hyped to know that you'll be on board with this series... ^_^ I'll be looking forward to your posts and your take on each episode... I'm sure it'll be fantabulous and a fun read as always!

Anyway, do you guys know how I can watch this tomorrow via livestream? I have TVANTz but when I tried to access it a while ago (excited much?), KBS2 doesn't work.... hmmmmmm... Oh well I hope it works out fine tomorrow... If in case you do have alternative links or program to suggest please do share them with us... Thanks in advance...

less than 24 hours to goooo!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Guest ljphantom

hagrid0211: Aw, thanks! :blush: I'll try my best!

Anyway, updates on the Boys Before Flowers OST:

We have details on a song Someday is recording. It's F4's ballad theme song called "Did You Know? (Boys Before Flowers version)," and it'll be used as background music to the unfolding lovelines in the drama.

And T-Max is now confirmed to be in the OST.

source: Star News

Guest Gen_Ji

Can't wait for the debut airing tonight... but sadly I can't watch them live as no kbs2 here... so still need to wait for kbsworld...

but anyway, anyone that watch the drama tonight please share and give us some info...

thanks gg3500 for translation... omg... the interview is so funny... hhahaha... I can't help but laugh at GHS and KHJ answers... XD

Guest miacallisto

So I've been following this thread for a while and omg you guys rock! All the trailers with English subs (ljphantom I totally love you!) and pictures and news. So yeah you guys are awesome.

I have a question though. I know on WITH S2's wiki page it says that BOF is a possible future project for them so will they be subbing the drama or will I just have to stream it on vikii? I hope I won't have to stream it since I love WITH S2's subs and HQ vid (the shower scene should be watched in HQ :P)

I really wish BOF had started during my winter break instead of the day I have to go back to school. But I'm so excited!

sorry if this has already been posted!

jinsunmiij2.jpg

ginsunmijk9.jpg

Gook Ji Yun: Jin Hee -->Ginger

Jung Ja Yun: Sun Ja -->Sunny

Min Young Won: Mi Seuk --> Miranda

Originally their character names were gonna be Jin Hee, Sun Ja, and Mi Seuk but the names were changed to Ginger, Sunny, and Miranda? it looks like the trio stand in the same position. Jung Ja Yun (Sunny) on the left, Gook Ji Yun (Ginger) in the middle, and Min Young Won (Miranda) on the right! there's not much known about the three girls since they're mostly models and this is for some of them their first acting gig!

Guest hopesofgreen

Thank you for the translated and subbed interview! You guys are awesome.

I wish Kim Joon had talked, but oh well. Hopefully, his role in the drama is more important.

I can't wait. Ahhh!

Guest Tobemist

It's been awhile since I've read the manga as well... For some reason, I thought that was in the manga storyline, but now that you've mentioned it, I think you're right.

BTW, thanks for sharing all the info! Those goodies should be on Daum TVPot --> dcinside --> YouTube sooner or later after its broadcast.

ETA: Did some research (I don't personally own any of the manga), trying to find something through Google search, and came up with a little review on Volume 28 of Hana Yori Dango by one manga fansite here:

i can't vouch for the verifiability of the site, but it does tie in with what you said about Soujiro being afraid of committing to a serious relationship with Sara (and therefore, thinking he could meet her another time).

To be honest, I like the manga setup better -- it's refreshing and less cliched (for the lack of a better word), but it's not a big deal to me. Perhaps the scriptwriter believed the whole "I-thought-Eun Chae-liked-my-brother" angle would give more dramatic tension?

^ That's my how I remember the manga going, Soujiroh realised Sara had feelings for him and dealt with it by avoiding the situation. I think how they handle Soujiroh/Sara will really depend on how they're planning Soujiroh/Yuki to play out. Follow the manga and then add on a happy ending or a different storyline with elements of the manga?

Thanks for the confirmation guys... ^^ I also like the manga set up better because it makes it all the more regretable for Soujiro. Too bad they're not following that. ^^

Someone posted this in dcinside... I thought it was hilarious... :D

goaqjrj.jpg

And... some more goodies from baidu... :)

Geum family's photoshoot ~

30bc59093cfd5bcf62d98694.jpg

6deb4adee4e5db0d63279894.jpg

6f3ce9fa181f3c3c4f4aea94.jpg

aa95c32311075dedd7cae294.jpg

ed0d20ca6d4fa301be09e694.jpg

a9d4eb7f418934260cd7da94.jpg

97f3028321be81bc0cf4d294.jpg

Kim Bum magazine article - while filming Boys Over Flowers in New Caledonia ~

f7d6298aa47ee00cc9fc7a31.jpg

f93aa7027b2b8f96d53f7c31.jpg

Guest Pocky.

Hi guys!

I've been stalking this thread for quite a while now - silent stalker
:ph34r:
, and I'm overly excited about the korean hana yori dango

*spazzes*

can't wait, it's airing today!

'Boys Over Flowers' Gets Overseas Export Even Before Broadcast

posted in Hanfever : January 04 '09

The highly anticipated KBS drama “Boys Before Flowers“, largely known as the Korean version of the popular “Hana Yori Dango”, has already been exported to Japan and various Asian countries before it even begins its broadcast in South Korea.

“Boys Before Flowers” will premiere on the 5th of January through KBS2TV, clashing directly with TV ratings champion “East of Eden” and Han Hye Jin’s “Terroir“. But without taking considerations its quality and TV ratings, overseas companies in Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Philippines have already snatched up the distribution and broadcast rights. The rights in Japan has been bought over by Japan’s SPO Entertainment and is scheduled to air in Japan sometime in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2009.

Hana Yori Dango first came out as a manga in Japan between 1992 to 2004. It was later turned into an anime between 1996 to 1997 by ASAHI TV station but the live action version (drama) was produced by Taiwan and it became an instant hit. The Japanese drama version was subsequently produced in 2005 with the final chapter broadcast in early 2007.

So how will the Korean version starring Goo Hye Sun, Lee Min Ho, Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Bum and Kim Joon fare? Stay tune for tomorrow’s premiere of “Boys Before Flowers”. (Sounds like I’m promoting for KBS lol)

Source: YonhapNews

Guest miacallisto

^ Yup, 8 am is right.

So how exactly are you guys going to live stream it? I just tried TV Ants but it takes forever to buffer and KBS2 doesn't seem to work. KBS worked but it kept playing some French+Korean+English song over and over again :/

The wait's absolutely killing me so I wanna watch it live as well even if I don't understand Korean and I'm late for first period :tears:

Guest valmylove

I am a lurker too and now am very excited as it will be airing tonite (Seoul time) but early morning for me!! Thanks for sharing the english links and pictures.

That is great news for them to alrdy sold rights to other countries as this is a hype drama!!! I just hope the cast members are not too nervous and wish them all well to bring us more goodies!!

For those who are able to watch it live.... I really hope you all will share caps and summaries...as I am ready to spazz too!! :blush: :sweatingbullets:

**crosses fingers** to stream it live too!!!

there's on location coverage in KBS program 여유만만 this morning

it was supposed to be 30 mins but it hasn't come on half an hour into the program

and i'd to leave for work already :sweatingbullets: so i'm not sure how long it actually was

there's a short clip posted here:

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=kbs_d...7370&page=1

credit: dc-kbs drama

Guest ThePinkCrayola

I am watching KBS 2 online in central time (Texas; +2 hours from Cali's time) right now and I see a lot of scenes with elderly people. Can someone help me? If it's at 8 PM in California, it should show right now right?? So confused... :huh:

I just hope and pray it has not aired yet, lol.

Guest hayuna

^ Yeah... I'm in CA and watching the old people, too. I calculated the time difference from here (California) and Korea and it should be coming on at 5 am for me.... which is weird because that's the time everybody says is for Eastern time. Maybe I'm messing up, rofl

Urgh, these things confuse me... @_@

Guest miacallisto

^^I'm streaming live as well and the old people shows (with tons of Boys Over Flowers teasers xD) are on. According to my cellphone it's 1:41 pm in Seoul right now (I'm in Toronto) so wouldn't it start at around 8 am?

Now some sort of a drama has started...

Aaagghhh.. I keep promising myself, on Jan 5th I'll stop checking this thread to avoid spoilers, I'm going to watch it after the drama is completely over.... but why is so hard to resist the temptation??? :lol: The pics! They did the eggs!

Anyway, Yangpa, thank you for your info. I found Roundtable Plus but KBS World doesn't have Morning Live with Nam & Choi.

I live in TX, the difference is 12 hrs. So, the drama will start tomorrow morning (Monday, 7:55 am CST or Monday night 9:55 pm in Korea). I'll check it again to make sure.