[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest MiyuKanata09

No Kim Bum is just right for his role, now that we have Min ho...could anyone else be Goo Jun pyo? hehehe

i agree.. Lee Min Ho is the best for the role of Goo Jun Pyo.. as i saw on the trailer..hes acting was very impressive.. and take a note that was just a teaser..but he already prove to everyone that he can be the donyouji..

anyway..after 2 day there still no new updates or new teaser...

i watch the japanese version yesterday since i want to lose some of my excitement and the pain of waiting for this drama..but unfortunately it get worst.. i'm now more excited to this drama and i can't really feel the toture of waiting..i also tried to watch meteor garden, the anime, and read the manga..but i get more and more excited because when i'm watching those other version..i kept on thinking about the korean..

well i over talked again..

heres the countdown update as of Dec. 30, 2008

Bannercountdown6.jpg

credit Cha_gurl

Wow! So nice, I hope it's okay to borrow some^_^ I will credit.

MiyuKanata09 Thank you for the countdown, every time I see the beautiful icon count down from you I get even more excited! I know, I know...we kinda already know what's going to happen but it's just so FUN! I feel the same way, the more you read the manga, and watch the anime, dramas...the more you think about the Korean version LOL....that's why I try not to torture myself!

Guest huangsy

2008123110275954294_112438_1.jpg

2008123110275954294_104813_0.jpg

2008123111304388680_113624_0.jpg

about the cast resembling the anime characters & that's the autograph of Yoko

Following credits to RUBIE.

December 31, 2008

Japanese Author of “Boys over Flowers” Visits Korea

e081231_01.jpg

Author of Japanese comic “Boys over Flowers”, now made into a new KBS drama, has visited the set to offer her encouragement to the cast and staff. Yoko Kamio made an unofficial visit to Korea to show her support for this drama based on her work about a perky girl’s high school adventures and romance with four hottest guys on campus.

“Boys over Flowers” were published in 17 countries, including Korea, Taiwan, the United States, and even France. The romantic comedy comic recorded the most number of copies sold in Japan. Kamio has refused to hold a press conference, insisting that the visit was purely personal. Instead, she visited the cast and gave the leading actors and actress an autographed sketch of “Boys over Flower.” She was reportedly amazed by how similar the cast looked like her characters.

The first episode of “Boys over Flowers” will be aired on January 5th on KBS2.

Source: KBS World

^ AHHHH IT'S MY BABY JUNPEI~ <33 I love Jung Euichul and his character (even if he's supposed to be evil haha) Can't wait for the scene when Euichul'll rip off his glasses and exude his model charisma. :D

Anyhow... Just 4 more days... <3333 So close yet still so far?

I'm loving all these previews, but it's sad how the minor characters get such little mention. ): Not just the fact that Woobin + Leejung are featured less, but Gaeul and Jandi's family and all them don't appear much in the trailers... :D Oh well, we'll see them in four days anyhow...

Annnnnnd... dunno if this has been shared, but they came out in a program? It has clips of filming and them being at that one party... You can see GHS in a wonder woman outfit with Ginger, Sunny, and Miranda. It's probably the one where Ginsunmi (aka the three mean girls) invite her to a party and tell her that it's casual when it's really not (only this version, I think they changed it so that they tell her its a costume party to make it more embarrassing ><)...

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=kbs_d...6530&page=2

Sketch made by Kamio Yoko (HYD's manga-ka) of the current cast

kkotkamiovy3.jpg

^Sketch made by Kamio Yoko (HYD's manga-ka) of the current cast (Gu Hye-sun, Lee Min-ho, Kim Hyun-joong, Kim Bum, and Kim Joon) on the press confence in Korea. She was marveled at how closely the Korean cast resembled the characters she’d created.

Hana Yori Dango creator cheers on Boys Before Flowers

Kamio Yoko, the manga-ka (manga writer-artist) who started it all in 1992 with the incredibly popular manga series Hana Yori Dango, has recently come to Korea to meet with the cast and production crew behind the latest adaptation, KBS kdrama series Boys Before Flowers.

She was actually an unannounced attendee at the recent production press conference on the 22nd, but the news is just being released now; they’d kept it quiet (perhaps to keep expectations from shooting even higher than they already are? If so, somebody needs to revisit the meaning of the word “quiet”).

Kamio drew a sketch of the current cast (Gu Hye-sun, Lee Min-ho, Kim Hyun-joong, Kim Bum, and Kim Joon) on the spot and even told SS501 singer Kim Hyun-joong (in the Rui role) that she’d seen him when he was promoting his singing career in Japan. She also marveled at how closely the Korean cast resembled the characters she’d created.

She said, “It’s an honor to have Hana Yori Dango produced as a Korean drama too.. I hope Korean viewers will enjoy it.”

Source: Yonhap News

Translation: Dramabeans

Guest MiyuKanata09

hayuna Thanks for the link!!!! the party was really look good... and hye sun so beautiful at the end.. maybe thats her look after han chae young did her make up...is it just me or she resemble so in young at the end of the clip..

anyway sorry for late countdown update..

as of Dec. 31, 2008

Bannercountdown7.jpg

credit: Cha_gurl

Guest sshlady

ahh, so it's on KBSW in Feb. Hmmph, i'll miss it on TV. Now I will just hope that some kind soul would download it so i wouldnt have to wait until summer break to watch it since my internet will be severely limited in a few days .yeah, back in college!!. What perfect timing.

Although I was actually interested since i'm a fan of meteor garden, the manga, i thought i should just follow this one. I didnt finish watching meteor garden and HYD just because i lose interest halfway through. I am not fond of the languages. I dont really watch taiwanese and japanese dramas. EVen the meteor garden manga i read over 5-6 years ago was the one translated into my native language. However , i am very fond of korean dramas and kim hyun joong. So i decided i should watch out for this one. I watched an interview with the cast. Lee Min Ho really nailed the formidable look of Domyouji, with his height and facial expression. But i am very pleased to see his hair. Well, it's definitely curly like the manga, but unlike the japanese version, he actually looks good in that. Sorry to japanese's HYD fans, but Domyouji's hair both in the manga and japanese's version looked a tad ridiculous(?) although that is how the character is pictured in the manga. Actually i didnt like the Domyouji character as much as i liked Rui is because of that. Petty me. But i might like Lee Min Ho playing his character. Such an eye candy.

Han Chae Young is my least fav actress, but watching the interview, i realized that she actually speaks like a normal person unlike in most dramas she was in. I have been avoiding her dramas since i found her tone of speaking is kinda unpleasant to me. I really hope she wont play the same sort of innocent girl like she always do. That said, I think she fits the image really well since she is really pretty. AH, I cant wait to watch this!

^Wow, that's pretty!

And there's new news actually :D

A BOF Special Highlights Video was released. Pretty awesome I must say ♥

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BridEg6Buw0

OMG! this video is full of spoilers!..... i thought all the previews would be with scenes only from the 1st ep..... but i think the kiss scene is when he's about toleave after the girl... right?............... same thing with the missing bracelet (cellhphone in the japanese)................ i think they are showing clips from like half way through the drama or something...........

i think i'll just wait till it starts airing...............i dont wanna know anymore about this......... it'll ruin it! ah~~ but i cant wait T_T

thanks though

Pao

Guest MiyuKanata09

gg3500 thank you for the youtube link!!

i notice that the party scene..they actually follow the japanese version not the manga..since in manga.. when the mean girls invited her and say that she has to wear a casual outfit is different from the scene where she had her first kissed from domyouji..

as i remember in manga the mean girls write something on the board but tsukushi thought it was made by the F4..then the mean girls acting so good towards her and invited her to a party saying that she has to wear a normal outfit.. the scene was also shown in meteor garden... second scene is where kazuya(i'm not sure) makino's friend..is transfered to eitouku then he invited her to their villa.. domyouji got jealuos so instead of spending summer to hawaii they go to villa..and thats where shizuka did her make over for makino and makino accidentally kissed domyouji because of their kiss in the dark game..meteor garden has that scene too..

in japanese version they did those two scene into one scene..where tsukushi was invted by the mean girls and there she met shizuka..and she become cinderella for a night..

when i saw the video i looks like the japanese version...

I am not THAT good in korean.... but i thought it was better than nothing. So this is the basic gist of what the actors are saying.

Q: You look very handsome today

Kim Hyun Joong: Yes, Thanks to this drama, I got to wear some fancy clothes and ride in fancy cars

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(About the hung scene between KHJ and HCY)

Han Chae Young: Earlier, I heard girls screaming when I hugged him. They must have been KHJ fans, so I apologize. There is a big age difference, so I'm sure they'll understand

(scene from the press conference)

Kim Hyun Joong: In HCY's case, they call her a human barbie doll, So it felt very good to acting with a barbie doll

Q: What's your relationship with KHJ?

Lee Min Ho: Well, they've been friends from childhood, so they're best friends. They have sort of a rival relationship as well, but they are still good friends.

Q: What are you like in real life? Are you also a flirt?

Kim Bum: No, in that way we are different...i believe

Q: Are you two a lot closer now?

Both: Yes.

KB: We-

KJ: But it's awkward

KB: No no, it's not awkward... we went overseas for the beginning of the shooting, and we would shoot and sleep, and i think that's when we got pretty close.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: I hear that it's your first time acting

KJ: It's diffictult because it's my first time acting and they gave me too big of a part, but i guess i have a lot to learn. I'm learning more and more as we go.