[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest ml_87

I suspect tonight's rating will be better. People probably know that last night's episode was on the amnesia and umi, so kind of not that keen?

he he, it's the current situation of all dramas. Templations of wives has dropped to 30% . and of course, BOF won the top weekly rating last week.

what annoyed me the most before going to bed is "oppa, oppa" Umi's voice is so annoyed!! <_<

i think thah episode 24 is many JoonDI moments. at least, i see JD's love for JP. she' crying in beside his bed, she rejects JH's ring and she even gets jealous with Umi. :rolleyes:

today, the last episode is coming! i'm exciting with the CPR and Namsan kiss!! after that, i'll be sad! :)

Guest lidge_fan

Post-BOF

It’s been widely announced that final filming took place on the night of March 29th, ending a 5-month long filming period. The production team has announced that fans will be “appeased” with their finished product.

The end brings the cast on a whirlwind-gruelling filming schedule from all over Korea to Macau and back to an aquatic centre in Incheon. Everyone in the main cast was involved.

Appeased? That better be the code word for "a wedding and a little curly-hair Jundi"... :lol::P

The BOF production guranteed that the ending would be a surprise and yeah, they weren't lying.....Up until now, we've seen JH play the violin, the guitar, piano...AND even went as far as conduccting an orchestra and then BAM!!! out of nowhere, he's a doctor???! :lol:

edit: OMG!!! the sauna scene between WB and JP was to die for!!!!! wouldn't have minded if it took the entire episode!!!! :P:lol: HUGE thanx to whoever posted those pics....lol...I was at work when I saw that...read the play-by-play recap by ml_87 during work but wow!!! pix are wayyyyy beter!!!!!! It's what we can actually see that counts, people....not what we can read....:lol: :lol: especially whoever wrote "go baby" on LMH's abs!!!!

Guest zaizai_f4_only

Post-BOF

*sigh* after i read those and seen the picture how everyone glad that finally hard times are over...

i feel happy but sad at the same time T_T

knowing that only 1 more episode to go..

feeling like i dont want to watch final ep until i'm ready to take the fact that bof is over.. :P

crazy me i know.. BOF is like a heroine to me :lol:

won't like monday anymore from now on <_<

glad that they complete the series all safe!

and happy for them that they get to rest! MANSE!!!

wont see them sleep standing/sleep after eating no more :D *glad!

seems like tonight eps ended at the beach scene after the proposal...

i wish there will be a wedding scene! :lol: *expect too much!*

awh i dont see GE anywere in that crowd :o:huh::mellow::(

I watched up until when I knew that Yoo Mi would appear and then stopped. The Jae Kyung arc dragged on for so long and so unnecessarily that it gave me a headache, and so I really couldn't tolerate yet another girl appearing on the scene and contributing even more angst to the show. I realize that the Umi arc in the Hana Yori Dango manga is an integral one, but I despise how they undercut Joon Pyo's character here, in that he actually cozies up to Yoo Mi almost instantaneously. Hell, man, maintain some (character) integrity here, will you?

I've had conflicting feelings about the characterization of Joon Pyo/Domyoji's character here. On the one hand, I appreciate how Lee Min Ho has brought subtlety to the character, where there previously was none at all. On the other hand, one of the things that I loved about Domyoji's character was that he was incredibly straightforward and simple-minded when it came to his love for Jan Di/Makino; in the manga, he never, ever wavered in his conviction. Here, though, he keeps hopping back and forth, and I find it all incredibly mind-boggling and frustrating. Mind you, I don't blame this on the actor, as I think Lee Min Ho is a first-rate actor with incredible prospectives ahead of him. Rather, I'm exasperated that whoever came up with the lousy script and possibly also the director and producers of the drama couldn't manage to stay true to the spirit of the original manga. While the Japanese adaptation didn't stay all that close to the original story line (one of my beefs with that particular adaptation), I think one thing they did manage to do incredibly well was to capture the spirit of the story, and of each of the characters. Here, though, it seems that by bending themselves all over the place trying to satisfy fans (or at least, that's what they think they're doing), they've lost sight of the actual meaning of the story itself, so now, it's just meandering along.

Still, it's been a good watch, and I'm looking forward to the last episode tomorrow. Please, please, please, director and producers, make it highly worth my while. Can we at least go out with a bang? Thanks.

Valentin, I absolutely and wholeheartedly agree with you about GJP. Doumyouji in the manga never actually 'cozied' up to Yumi like what JP is doing. It really makes me mad!

Guest lidge_fan

I've had conflicting feelings about the characterization of Joon Pyo/Domyoji's character here. On the one hand, I appreciate how Lee Min Ho has brought subtlety to the character, where there previously was none at all. On the other hand, one of the things that I loved about Domyoji's character was that he was incredibly straightforward and simple-minded when it came to his love for Jan Di/Makino; in the manga, he never, ever wavered in his conviction. Here, though, he keeps hopping back and forth, and I find it all incredibly mind-boggling and frustrating. Mind you, I don't blame this on the actor, as I think Lee Min Ho is a first-rate actor with incredible prospectives ahead of him. Rather, I'm exasperated that whoever came up with the lousy script and possibly also the director and producers of the drama couldn't manage to stay true to the spirit of the original manga. While the Japanese adaptation didn't stay all that close to the original story line (one of my beefs with that particular adaptation), I think one thing they did manage to do incredibly well was to capture the spirit of the story, and of each of the characters. Here, though, it seems that by bending themselves all over the place trying to satisfy fans (or at least, that's what they think they're doing), they've lost sight of the actual meaning of the story itself, so now, it's just meandering along.

I really, really love the Domyoji character in the manga in his love for Makino....it's so consuming, obsessive and possessive....almost frightening in how much he loves her...

However, I don't mind that GJP is a softened version of Domyoji....a lot of us debated that JP should've stood up to his mother and told JK off, but what I saw was a gradual growth from his character....in the beginning, he was harsh and unyielding - remember he told Jandi to lick his shoes and if saying sorry was enough, then why the need for laws and the police....then in New Caledonia, even after he suspected there was something between JH and JD when he saw the ankle bracelet with JH, he still gave JD the benefit of doubt and took her on that helicopter ride to show her his heart because he didn't want to misunderstand her like the Oh Min Ji's incident....then when they had the competition to determine if JD and JH would stay in school, JP walked away and essentially gave JD up to JH....when JD was lost in the snowstorm, he rushed back to save her despite the danger.....when his mom caught them in the hotel and accused JD of seducing JP, he called JH because he knew JD needed someone, even if that person was the last person he wanted to be with her.....instead of using threats or violence to stop the wedding and could potentially harm Shinhwa Corp., he knelt in front of JK begging her to release him because he knew he was hurting her and that was the least he could do

we see from ep. 1 up to now a slow GJP's transformation....growing from a cold-hearted, untrusting person to someone who learns to love, to trust and ultimately, to sacrifice himself and his happiness if JD could be happy....

at first, I did miss the original Domyoji from the manga in his crazy/obsessive love for Makino but I don't think this softer/more matured version of GJP loves JD any less :) and to my surprise, I don't love GJP any less than I love Domyoji :)

Well I hope they going to give everyon a happy ending. i wish just one time of all the drama of hana yori dango that Jihoo(rui) get Jandi (Makino) as of alternated Ending because for me they are Perfect for Each other not Because Jun Pyo ( Character Originated) Because i want to see him with a good happy ending because he deserve it He being a good friend.

Guest vuong22

OMG i just finshed EP 24 and it was so sad i cried 2 times :(

I heard it was going to be extended to 30 Eps

not 100% sure though but it seems like the ending is going to suck cause theres 1 hours to tell the whole ending of the series

EX

IF GJP dad get out of his coma

If GJP & GJD are together forever <3

Why GJP and the other Bi*CH are going overseas to study!!

Looking forward to the last episode, though there's loads to cram in. I'm really looking forward to seeing how YJ/GE ends up: will BoF differ from the manga and Japanese version? I hope so. :( There was certainly little SoEul in the latest episode. As for Yumi: :crazy: I could have slapped that girls smile off her face from the preview (if you know, that was possible) The girl makes JK & MJ look like angels compared to herself. This is why I love JH, he sees straight through her sorry act. I can't wait to see the look on her face when JP finally remembers JD.

There's something I have to say since it's already been mentioned, but I can't stand JD's mother either. Her dad and brother aren't so bad but it was despicable the first thing she did when she saw her daughter was drag her uniform from her bag and shove it in the noses of the group of women. And she still wouldn't leave her alone when they were asleep - don't get me wrong, I know she cares about JD - but she doesn't have to have a tantrum about not getting a rich son in law as her way of showing it.

Guest nokchan

If I didn't know how it is supposed to end I would say

Umi be careful! Sooner or later GJP WILL remember. And he will NOT be a happy camper when that happens. I will do just about everything to put like a continent between him and me when he is really really pissed at me. So watch it

Guest funkindagirl

edit: the ratings have been dropping since the fiancee arc. I guess people are just tired of all the angst and drama

Its strange but ratings were at their highest when it was the fiancee arc and then viewers started dropping off after Jaekyung was gone and that part of the story was resolved.

I thought it'd be much higher once JD & JP got back together, but its actually gone the opposite way.

The BOF production guranteed that the ending would be a surprise and yeah, they weren't lying.....Up until now, we've seen JH play the violin, the guitar, piano...AND even went as far as conduccting an orchestra and then BAM!!! out of nowhere, he's a doctor???! :lol:

Yeah I think this whole JH becoming a doctor business is soo random (typical BOF PD style). <_<

Even if his grandad is/was a doctor I still dont think that justifies the sudden change in career when all along we've had his oh so many musical talents shoved in our faces.

Kinda makes all those conducting orchestras and violin/piano/guitar and other 101 playing scenes so pointless.

Guest kiwi18

to sum it up, we see from ep. 1 up to now a slow GJP's transformation....growing from a cold-hearted, untrusting person to someone who learns to love, to trust and ultimately, to sacrifice himself and his happiness if JD could be happy....

at first, I did miss the original Domyoji from the manga in his crazy/obsessive love for Makino but I don't think this softer version of GJP loves JD any less :) and to my surprise, I don't love GJP any less than I love Domyoji :)

lidge_fan I agree with you 100%. While I've always loved the Domyoji character, I think that Lee Min-ho's interpretation of this character is my favorite. Domyoji was always crazy, obsessive, and a little stupid in the other versions, which was endearing. However, he never really grew in Meteor Garden or Hana Yori Dango. And I certainly never saw them running their parents' company. Anyway, I love how Goo Jun Pyo grows, sees the value in those around him, knows that for great love one must sacrifice, even when that sacrifice calls for part of your pride. I think that we've seen the story of Hana Yori Dango played out beautifully through the eyes of Lee Min-ho becoming Goo Jun Pyo and I've enjoyed every minute of it. Even when I was screaming at my computer and threatening to throw it through the window. I haven't ever been this sad to see a drama end. I'm at a loss as to what I will do with my Mondays and Tuesdays. Boys Over Flowers has been a bright spot for me during a time of my life that has kind of sucked. I can't wait to see how it will end. :)

If I didn't know how it is supposed to end I would say

Umi be careful! Sooner or later GJP WILL remember. And he will NOT be a happy camper when that happens. I will do just about everything to put like a continent between him and me when he is really really pissed at me. So watch it

OMG I totally agree with you. When Junpyo remembers Jandi all h e double hockey sticks is going to break loose. As much as I am excited to see how this show ends, I think I may be a little too excited to see Umi's expression when Junpyo remembers Jandi. Junpyo is going to be a so pissed when he realizes that Umi lied the whole time.

I also think that the PD did a good job choosing Kim Min Gi as Umi because she does a real fine job at annoying viewers. It's really annoying when she says oppa and unnie... makes me want to cringe. Tomorrow is a new day! Umi will be gone to Timbuktu, and the Jundi couple will be together forever! Jundi couple fighting!

Also, that scene where Umi is like, Jandi unnie your boyfriend (Jihu) is handsome and Umi goes up and tries to shake his hand and Jihu just walks away. Jihu is a freaking genius because he can see right through that fake annoying girl. Slap in your face Umi! Ha! Yes as you can all see I don't like Umi because she's super uber annoying and I hope that she gets sucked into a black hole tomorrow. Tomorrow seems so far. I have my tissues ready for tomorrow Jundi reunion! Ahhh! I am so excited!

Guest BigHeadDog

i liked the reactions of the F3 when GD tried to kick JP with her flying leg lol... So hilarious. Damn YuMi Damn... Good for you JH for not shaking that damn woman's hand... First time see JH looking so angry and violent and wanting to whack JP. I was thinking why dun they change the script to let JH have the accident instead of JP then let GD and JH be together lol...(i am also JP and GD fan's also) Or else better still have 2 endings or let ppl vote which ending they prefer. I want GD to be with both JH and JP. *sob* today will be the last day of BOF... So unbearable...

Its strange but ratings were at their highest when it was the fiancee arc and then viewers started dropping off after Jaekyung was gone and that part of the story was resolved.

I thought it'd be much higher once JD & JP got back together, but its actually gone the opposite way.

Yeah I think this whole JH becoming a doctor business is soo random (typical BOF PD style). <_<

Even if his grandad is/was a doctor I still dont think that justifies the sudden change in career when all along we've had his oh so many musical talents shoved in our faces.

Kinda makes all those conducting orchestras and violin/piano/guitar and other 101 playing scenes so pointless.

It is kinda random how Jihu becomes a doctor. I think that in episode 22 or 23 Jihu's grandfather said that Jihu's parents believed that they can help people through music and medicine so I think that is the reason why he becomes a doctor. I guess you can say that you can touch peoples heart and get to know people better through medicine than music. Also as we all know, Jihu has a way of knowing people true intentions and their feelings so I guess a doctor could be a better fit for him.

Guest lilnahnah

I cried almost from the beginning of the episode to the end. No joke haha..

Was it a really emotional episode today or was it the knowledge that come tomorrow it'll all be over? *sigh*

But seriously, for some reason all the emotions seemed to pour out from my screen more intensely than ever and I felt everything right along with them.

ESPECIALLY JIHOOOOO

Every stinkin scene he was in today hurt my heart. Every one of them.

Jihoo imagining that Jandi's in the room with him, Jihoo finally telling Jandi what he feels for her (and getting rejected), Jihoo crying alone and then in his grandfather's arms, Jihoo getting mad at Junpyo for forgetting Jandi, Jihoo totally ignoring Umi, Jihoo, Jihoo, Jihoo...

Jihoo, I love you :(

The SoEul Couple~!!!

I was so excited for Gaeul when she basically told Yijung "Thanks for humoring me, I'm done now." and leaving Yijung to feel confused and slightly rejected. That's right, make Yijung PINE for you! HA! It's going to be beautiful when they're together :)

And I have to say, I had to laugh when it went to the scene of Woobin and Junpyo in the sauna...

To me it seemed like the director was like

"ok now...we're almost at the end...it's fanservice time...Minho, take off your shirt. Oh hey Joon, wanna take your shirt off too? Sweet."

And oh how my heart ached when F3 were waiting for Jandi at school to take her to the hospital after Junpyo had woken up.

It's gonna be one of the last times we're going to see the three of them just showing up to show just how much they care for Jandi. <3

And I know it was all sad cuz Junpyo couldn't remember Jandi and everything...

but did anybody else laugh when Jandi had to re-enact the ice cream incident? I tell you, ice cream to the face never gets old :D

And yes...Umi was annoying...I hate her. Die, Die Die...

BUTTTTT~!!!! It's going to be shortlived, so rejoice! haha...

Let's enjoy these last few moments of the drama....

and just soak up the beauty that is F4....How I'll miss them...

Post-BOF

Kim Hyun Joong, on the other hand, has been only too happy to share his goodbyes with fans. After reportedly spending a bomb on gifts and a personally organised “Goodbye Yoon Ji Hoo” session, fans are reciprocating by forever cementing “Korea’s sunbae” in history. The whole lot of them got together on March 27th to organise a special fund-raising event that amounted to 3.5 mil won. As a final ’send-off’, fans donated the hefty cheque to a charitable organisation under the name of Yoon Ji Hoo instead of KHJ.

credit seoulbeats

Ahhh that's soooo cute. That made my heart twinge a little...Just cuz I love Jihoo so much and it really is goodbye now....*sigh*

Guest lildebbie464

OMG just finished watching ep. 24

in my opinion there is NO WAY that the drama could be ending tmw!!!!

SERIOUSLYY there's so many things that aren't resolved yet!!

1. The dad still hasn't woken up, but i'm pretty sure he's going to since he's moving his finger.

2. the dad still has to MEET jandi! cause she's the one who brought him back in a way

3. yi jeung and ga eul?! helllloo whats gonna happen to them?

4. The mom still has to resolve her problems with Jun Pyo and his sister

5. Are we ever going to see the Jan di's dad again??

6. As evidenced by the preview for ep. 25, Jun pyo thinks Yu mi is the person he forgot. umm NO! so that issue still has to be resolved

7. Ji hoo+ Jan di? what's going to happen to their relationship?

8. WHEN IS JUN PYO GETTING HIS MEMORY BACK? he's probably going to beat himself up for not remembering Jan di

do not tell me that the PD is going to cram all of these things into ONE episode!

PLUS we know for sure there's going to be a 4 year time jump

in my opinion all these problems amounts to like 3 episodes or something

I hope that I don't get in trouble for having three posts on one page. Please let me know if this needs to be removed.

Possible spoiler

I was reading the KBS text version for episode 25 and it said that Umi invites the F3 and Jandi to a pool party. Could this be where Jandi falls into the pool and Junpyo tries to save her?

Guest F4fan

I really, really love the Domyoji character in the manga in his love for Makino....it's so consuming, obsessive and possessive....almost frightening in how much he loves her...

we see from ep. 1 up to now a slow GJP's transformation....growing from a cold-hearted, untrusting person to someone who learns to love, to trust and ultimately, to sacrifice himself and his happiness if JD could be happy....

That's why I like this version -- the overarching maturity arc. The housekeeper's words to JP in JD's guest bedroom about while he was born a male, he has learn and experience to become a MAN captures this arc. The trials and tribulations of what he is going through with JD and his family will help prepare him to be a better person and eventually take over Shinhwa.

I don't think JP ever wavered on his feelings for JD. He strongly still loves her but its his methods that are in question. He loves her but he is willing to let her go so she can be happy instead of being constantly hurt by him. Yet, he can't allow himself to release her either.

That is the same with JD. Its good to have a pure heart but you also need to steel your heart. She needed to learn the harsh realities of a cruel world. Its not so nice and naive like her. Sometimes you cut your losses, other times you need to stay and fight. Lastly, money can buy her a lot of unhappiness and pain. Don't discount the power of money and status.

The PD overplayed the fiancee arc and people got fed up. Once you lose folks, its hard for them to come back. I bet they lost many people over the fiancee arc. We keep waiting for it to end but they kept dragging it on. I though that by Episode 19 it would be over. Instead, it ended in Episode 22. Three more than I would have liked it.

Timing of these arc is important because you want to maintain your audience without tiring them out. The fiancee arc tired a lot of us out, me included. I was so fed up I would have welcomed a marriage between JP and JK just to move the story forward with JD and JH. That was how frustrated I was.

Guest ethopia

my first take... DAMN YUMI!!!! :fury: grrrrr i just want to slap that smile off her face... "oppa" grrrrrrrrr

wow!! Mama Kang shed a tear!! cant believe it... goodness me... well it looks like her cold heart and ice persona cracked already :)

me too i loved the scene where she did her famous karate moves and F3 were like looking at JP if he was gonna say something

like "Ya! GJD what the hell!" hahahha... priceless...

well tom is the final epi.. there are still some loose ends... when will Papa Go wake up? and i hope Mama kang and JD become friends..

and i cant wait for JP to regain his memories of JD so that girl yumi will be history!...

now im sadden that this drama will end tom... its been a rollercoaster ride for all of the casts... i will surely miss them :tears:

JP and JD forever!!!!!

oh! yeah ive noticed the spoiler they gave before was indeed reliable... good one! :)