[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Episode 22 was just sweeet! Loved the zoo dating part. Jun Pyo is so cute!

Treating a little boy like that. Hehehe. And Ji Hoo cutting Jandi's hair, it was HOT! LOLS. Cut my bands too! :sweatingbullets:

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode!

Episode 22 230309 TNS Ratings

31.8% (Nationwide) [2nd]

32.4% (Seoul) [2nd]

Credit: TNS Ratings

Guest lilnahnah

Question

Did JH's grandfather have some sort of previous relationship with President Kang? O_O

Why did he say, "Let's talk about us later?"

????????????????????????????????????????

I think it's pretty obvious that they would have known each other for a long time...

1) Shinhwa group is really influential and I'm sure they always know whoever is the president is at the time.

Jihoo's grandfather used to be president and therefore I'm sure they would have known him in a formal/social sense.

2) Junpyo and Jihoo were really good friends since they were little. I'm sure the families all know each other.

I don't think it's a romantic relationship like it kinda sounds like you're thinking...

Jh saying that he loves her wasn t the poem he is reading..he just wanted to blow it out for once like the song JD sang for JP at his anniversary.just an masked/indirect way to say ii love you

is there someone like me finding the scene between JH and JD are really boring and nonesense. Pardon me but what the meaning of washing car? is that they are promoting mini car? and cutting hair? is that showing that JH could have been a haircutter?..i said in the flowing case of the drama, all these scenes didn t bring sense to me. and no JH wasn t her soulmate. they are just bestfriend cos if he really is her soulmate he should have known that she only loves jp and never interfere with her feeling. and i don t like him being greedy and becoming the third wheel. i wish I could read the script (i m gonna wait till they released the script) cos i want to understand the meaning of the scriptwriter behind those scenes.

Actually, it IS in the poem that he's reading. I remember watching it this morning when he paused and the scene cut to the page and I saw that he had paused right before the words "I love you."

Just to make sure, I went back and played it back again just now, and the words ARE THERE.

Jihoo's reading the poem to get his own feelings out.

And I don't know, I actually really liked the Jihoo/Jandi scenes.

To me it felt like Jandi was fully appreciating the relationship that she and Jihoo shares. Cuz this was after she read that poem about different kinds of relationships and she realizes how she and Jihoo have a relationship "like a handkerchief."

Guest xxxxxxx

HAAAALLELUJAAAAAH!!!!!! JK IS GONE!!! OMG IM SO HAPPY!!!

I actually liked JK. Though, she was in between JP and JD, she was still a nice person. She never really annoyed me throughout the dramas. I understand she did do selfish things but I can't blame her. She had a good heart and she did care for Jandi most of the time.

When she objected to the wedding, I thought she was brave. If she didn’t object, imagine the situation Jun Pyo would be in. He would have to object and that would cause JK’s family and his mom to be angry, but no, Jae Kyung objected it so Kang could not get angry as much. If JP objected, the collaboration of Shinhwa and the Ha’s would have been worse.

Jk did a brave thing. I commend her.

Seeing her gone makes me sad because she gave up her love. Seeing Min Jung leaving the set makes me sad. She was cute.

Guest betchay

and anyone feel that the message JP sent to JH seemed a bit taunting? :huh: "it gives me peace of mind that she's at your house." I am sure JP is glad that she has a place to stay but idk, the message, especially after the confrontation at the pool, is kind of inconsiderate. I rather have JP say: "take care of her but don't you dare to think of anything else", like tsukasa style. B)

Seriously... i was thinking if JP was really true from his message to JH. :P:lol:

I've just been reading silently up until now, but upon coming across some ideas that "JH should give up", and "JD only smiles when JP is around" and "JP is the only one who makes her happy", I thought I should say something:

It's fair enough that JoonDi shippers out there find the need to defend their couple. But at least use some facts.

You just made a lot of great points, cissi.

I always love JP/JD pairing, eventhough i know JH is such a perfect guy for JD.

I feel bad for him, he deserve to be happy too. :phew:

Episode 22 230309 TNS Ratings

31.8% (Nationwide) [2nd]

32.4% (Seoul) [2nd]

Credit: TNS Ratings

Todays episode was great... how come the ratings went down? :huh:

Guest XiahxTiffany

omg i had this idea for a sec of Wonbin going out with JD!!! wow 0_0

my mind went berserk

gosh i want more Ga Eul and Kibum action now!!!

tmrw episode ill be expecting it lol :)

i have a question pls to those who can read Hanggul...the part where jihoo seem to be confessing to jandi while reading a book...were the words he was reading out really imprinted on that book he was reading? or was he just trying to confess but was to scared that he pretended he was reading a book out loud? thanks so much!!!

Yeah, JH was reading straight from the book. He was using an actual poem to confess his true feelings for JD.

what was the song they were playing in the beginning of ep.22?

the song during the wedding

The song is "가슴이 어떻게 됐나봐" (Eng Trans: "Something Must Have Happened to My Heart") by A&T (project group composed of an A'st1 member and a T-Max member). It is included in OST 2.5.

Junpyo's text message to jihoo that he feels safe to know jandi's at jihoo's place---to me has 2 meanings. I really think junpyo meant what he said, and yet i also think this further confirmation on his part is supposed to let jihoo know where jihoo should stand as a friend. In essence when jihoo reads it, he is warned of his feelings.

Webby, you took the words straight out of my mouth! I totally agree w/ you that those two were JP's intentions by sending the text message.

Guest lemonsorbet

i dont know about you guys, but dont you think jp/jd both look happier than they have ever been? even jd when dealing with other people, her smiles are brighter, and she just seems so happy from within..

;) oh jd/jp ship.. im so glad i didnt desert you! jh is a great great guy, but i honestly think jp makes her happier..

also, don't you think ge likes yj so sincerely?

what other girl would spend her free time trying to find whatever she's looking for (im not sure because i havent seen any other versions), to show yj, knowing its from his 1st love. if thats not being unselfish, i dont know what is.. they may not be the main storyline, but i still hope her self-lessness isnt all in vain in this version.

‘I can tolerate hunger and I can tolerate the cold… but there’s just one thing I can’t stand… when people who I love face hardship because of me.’ –Jan Di

I was reading that quote over and over again then I realized something. Jandi's says that there is one thing that she can't stand, when the people that she loves have to face hardship because of her. Spoiler: As we all know, Jandi is going to leave Junpyo in ep.23 :(. Junpyo is going to have a terrible time with the breakup because Jandi has disappeared and no one knows where she is. If Jandi can't stand to watch the people that she loves suffer becuase of her, what about Junpyo? Jandi must know that Junpyo is going to suffer emotionally because of her disappearance. Jandi was like the air that Junpyo breathed and with the air gone, how is Junpyo supposed to live? If Jandi can't stand watching the people that she loves suffer because of her, does that mean that she doesn't love Junpyo?

Notice that Jandi has never said I love you to Junpyo. According to the previews and spoilers for episode 23, Jandi said that she likes Junpyo alot and she's tried to forget about him, but couldn't. Come on people, that doesn't mean that she loves him because she says that she likes him. I don't think that Jandi knows that she loves Junpyo at this point yet. She's got the feelings, but hasn't admitted it to herself yet or does she love Jiho? Come on, the hankerchief poem has to mean something, right? But with all characters on the show who have shown their support for the Jundi couple it would be a waste if the two didn't end up together.

Honestly, I switch between ships all the time. During the episodes where Junpyo was being an unmanly jerkface, I was rooting for Jiho and Jandi, but now I am rooting for Jundi. I wish that Jandi would fight harder for Junpyo like he fought to win her heart in the first season. I hope that in the last couple of episodes we will see a new Jandi, a Jandi who now has a clear understanding of who she loves, Junpyo please, and works harder than ever to revive Junpyo's memory of her after the accident. It's going to be a tearful ride... tissues please :sweatingbullets: .

Guest cissi

Sorry guys, another vent from me.

I guess if it makes sense, it wouldn't be a K-drama. But:

- Couldn't JP just tell JD that, "I'm in a different position now. I'm responsible for the ShinHwa group. Therefore I cannot continue this relationship with you."?!?! Why does he have to go to the extent of "You are a stain I want to erase" ?!?! If he knows her at all, does she need to be humiliated to stop having a relationship with him?

- Madam Kang is plainly sadistic. As if she were the mother to ShinHwa group, instead of JP and his sister. I love the Japanese version because Domyouji Kaede acts like a normal mother at times. Despite her cold manner, she stopped the plane to let Tsukasa say goodbye to Makino before he went off to New York. She also opposed the relationships out of her concern for her children, Tsukasa and Tsubaki, instead of solely out of the concern for the company like it is portrayed in the Korean version. (We also know that despite being married to someone she doesn't/didn't love, Tsubaki Domyouji is happily married and grateful to her husband, thus proving her mother's point.)

- If it hadn't been for JaeKyung, would JP have gone ahead with the wedding? He is painted so pathetic in this drama that it makes me wonder why anyone in her right mind would be in love with him. In the Japanese version, Tsukasa was adamant in breaking up the engagement and was ready to apologise to Shigeru's parents face-to-face. It was because of this insistence that Shigeru decided to help him and Makino out by cancelling the engagement herself.

- Why on Earth do JH and JD have to have so much romantic interactions up until this point?! While I don't mind adoring Kim Hyun Joong's unrealistic beauty, it just confuses viewers. The question I ask now is: Why is JD still in love with JP?! Is she slow or something? It seems that she was touched by JP's faith in her - she keeps saying that she is grateful to JP. Since her switch from JH to JP was because she thought he was in love with Min Seo Hyeon ("because of [MSH], I was able to let go of my first love"), which occurred within a few weeks (?) while JH was away in France, you'd think that since JH has been around during the time JP was away, taking care of her, helping her out, cheering her up, she'd feel something from him.

I know many people have said that it's not HYD if it's not a JoonDi ending. I was a staunch Tsukasa/Makino supporter in the Japanese version because their relationship makes sense. The Korean version just doesn't make any sense whatsoever in term of building up the two main characters relationship. Or do they think that since JP and JD will have to end up with each other anyway, let's have fun and utilise Kim Hyun Joong's looks?!?! Based on the way the drama has been heading, it seems to me that JD and JP will end up with each other because it's supposed to be that way and not because it makes sense. Which is ironic.

Guest clauds

Oh my gosh.. I could NOT help but smile in this episode. I couldn't stop smiling when Jandi & Junpyo were hugging, they were both very happy. Jandi was totally different in this episode, it's like her world used to be dark and Junpyo was the one to light up the darkness! She was definitely joyful in this episode, and I enjoyed it more because of that.

I don't really care that the kiss was short, Junpyo's "I love you" made up for it.

Next week is my spring break!!!! With the last two eps coming, I feel so sad. It's ending so soon, I'm going to have major BOF withdrawal. :( I don't know what I'm going to do. I can't get enough of Lee Min Ho's sexyness!! :P The last 2 episodes better be damn good. All I can do is wait. :D

Guest doremii*

Woobin & Jandi look good together. don'tkillme lol

I liked today's episode! I didn't really find the wedding scene as intense I thought it'd be. (it looked like there were only 20 people at the wedding :huh:)

I like how Jandi is back to her cheerful self. the JH-JD scenes were cute imo they looked like two friends having a good time.

the zoo date was cute. I found it hilarious how JP was so jealous of the little kid (who is soo adorable. Probably even cuter than KS lol)

no offense to Yi Jung fans but I just skip his scenes now lol he annoys me. Ga Eul should get together with woobin =)

edit: omg I agree with whoever said the dance scene was awkward.. this PD really doesn't like skinship huh?

Guest pangstar_lOVEs_herojaejoon

Let me spazz first:oas;hgofha;fgbasfghaslkdbglasfhgbdlsubsjgbasohg[qoubwib

asguabi;bsrgi;sagbsrapjgbdfhila!!!!!!!!!

ahhh.that felt good.

Today's episode was such a good one, it really made my day :D

Up until now, i really wasn't a JaeKyung fan, but once again i realize that shes

a human too; i really loved JunPyo's smile when he hugged Jandi on the ship/boat,

it made me junp up around, i was sooooooooooo happppppyy!!!!!!

yes baby! JOONDI is back!!!!!!!~~~

Now for the review/rants:

JoonDiCouple OF My Heart. I love you guys so much together. You guys look soo much happier when your guys are in eachother's arms, just makes me have a HUGE smile on my face, the best ever. Today's episode was toooo sweet, i can't rant on you guys. :D

JiHooYou beautiful thing. My heart breaks for you. i just want to be your Jandi *grins* you have such a big heart for letting Jandi go, and you are a very strong person (physically too :P) to see your best friend and crush together, happily, that would hurt so bad. Baby, it's okay, your are so beautiful, nice, & caring, you still have me. I think that JiHoo didn't have much emotion in this episode, but its okay, since the carwash scene was on fire!~ haha, btw, i love it when you are jealous JunPyo, esp, if its because of a little kid XD

JaeKyungOkay, see, i have stopped calling her Monkey. Up until today, i really didnt like you. But now i realize ( its okay, ive seen the other 2 versions already) that you are truly nice. & i do agree with you, if JP&JD ever breakup, they must tell you first!

GaEul/YiJungyou guys are soo cute together, first of all. But YiJung, can't you just admit to yourself that you are truly scared to love someone, because you don't want to be hurt? you have a perfect girl infront of you, spending her time just top prove to you, and are you blind!?! I guess you are. you should MOVE ON. GaEul, girl, you must really like YiJung, personally if i were you, i wouldnt have stayed as long as you have,just trying to figure him out. but i can understand love, cause it SoEul Mates!!!!!!!~

WooBin:You make my day each week, i just love you more & more. I'm very very happy you used you hott-azz mofia and driving skills to help JunPyo out. You should really find yourself a good girl *raises hand!* (you & Jihoo could be it, hhaha XD)

Mama KangYou scare the snot out of me with your eyeliner. I don't like you. you are cruel to everybody around you, including lieing you your own children. I don't like you.

enough said.

is it just me or was GHS not really into the hug? it seemed she didnt grasped him enough (which Minho's smile was tooo adorable XD)& the dancing too, she didn't seem that all into it...or is it just how she was suppose to act?

YES!!!! I can't wait until tomorow!i saw an almost-kiss for SoEul Mates XD i want more baby! go EP.23!~

still i'm sad that it ends next week *tears* <_<

Guest bananaleaf

yay of course JP & JD will be together!! hopefully, the potter and the potter-to-be will be together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest kimngoc266

is there someone like me finding the scene between JH and JD are really boring and nonesense. Pardon me but what the meaning of washing car? is that they are promoting mini car? and cutting hair? is that showing that JH could have been a haircutter?..i said in the flowing case of the drama, all these scenes didn t bring sense to me. and no JH wasn t her soulmate. they are just bestfriend cos if he really is her soulmate he should have known that she only loves jp and never interfere with her feeling. and i don t like him being greedy and becoming the third wheel. i wish I could read the script (i m gonna wait till they released the script) cos i want to understand the meaning of the scriptwriter behind those scenes.

Yes, the scene between JH and JD are boring for me too. I fast forward these scene.

I know that JH is a new comer, but his acting need improvement. The reason I enjoy watching JP and JD because of their chemistry together, their good acting. They were able to convey the message to the viewers with their eyes, their looks and their gesture.

I guess because the PD drag the amnesia arc too long, he doesn't have much times for anything else because there are only 3 episodes left. They kind of rush important scene such as why didn't JP explain to JD the reason he breaks up with her in Macau, why he hurt her so terribly, instead the PD put in unnecessary scene such as JH and JD washing car together!

JH knows that JD only smiles and she is only happy when she's with JP. Why would he confess his feeling to her now, wouldn't it make her very uneasy. She would feel terribly because JH has help her a lot but she is unable to return his feeling.

Guest rainbow9

Anyone else thinks that this is a MAJOR Foreshadowing of the Future???

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4479/joondi2.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9576/joondi.jpg

I agree with you. I think it is foreshadowing JD and JP as a married couple with child. Wow, I can't wait!!! I love this episode. However, I wish JD was a little more comfortable with JP when they were dancing. I wished they look into each other's eyes. That would have been great. I guess GHS was shy? too close for comfort? PD didn't want to much skinship? PD, fill me in why it was like this?