[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest zaizai_f4_only

Twinkle thanks for the news of the bof cast is leaving to jeju island..

gosh im so wondering what is these words are all about

"The Jeju Island segment will bring a major change to the Joonpyo-Jaekyung relationship."

hopefully is not a wedding but definitely a break up scene >_<

crossing my fingers.

and about the written spoiler for ep 20

on regards of GE and YJ relationship

i feel sad. since GE is trying to help YJ and his first love to be back together..

T_________T

im so hoping for this couple.. hopefully become a REAL soulmate couple!

Guest janegph

I've watched episode 18-19, I'm getting irritated to JP/JK scenes...some of their are redundant...there were few scenes I enjoyed...GJP eating with GJD...JP eating noodles not yet cooked...the truth or dare portion...I hope in the next episodes JK will say goodbye to F4 and JD

one more article from The Korea Herald

2009-03-11

[JUNIOR HERALD]

'Boys Over Flowers' explodes in popularity

20081215103906706a3_103906_0.jpg

Popular TV dramas *record their *viewer ratings. And their *re-runs also record their ratings.

On March 1, re-runs of the KBS drama "Boys Over Flowers" were aired on KBS. Two *consecutive episodes - episodes 15 and 16 -were aired.

According to news reports, the episodes 15 and 16 re-runs recorded 9.2 percent and 11.8 percent respectively in viewer ratings. On the same day, other drama re-runs were aired on SBS, KBS, and MBC. But "Boys Over Flowers" was the highest rated re-run drama on that day, scoring an average of over 10 percent.

The SBS drama "Temptation of Wife" (아내의 유혹) which is the highest rated drama in the weekly charts only had a 6.4 percent viewer rating. And two episodes of MBC's "East of Eden" (에덴의 동쪽) which are in direct competition with "Boys Over Flowers" every Monday and Tuesday only scored 5.8 percent and 10.2 percent respectively.

Currently "Boys Over Flowers" has an average viewer rating that falls somewhere in the 30 percent range. The drama is creating a base of *die-hard viewers especially among teenagers and women.

The drama is so popular that the main characters and the plot are being *parodied by other shows and people in the entertainment industry. KBS' *signature comedy show "Gag Concert" recently started a subcategory of the show that parodies the drama and its characters.

Credits : Yoo Bo-lam (bolamyoo@heraldm.com), image from yahoo.kr

:tongue2: Seem that evryone is blaming and hating JK for appeared beside JP, i also feel unhappy seeing JP and JK more with JD but see another side, JH also always appeared beside JD, why nobody hate him and blaming him like JK? Is it because JP has rejected her and show that she is not the one he loved/liked but JK still appeared so evryone feel that she is the one making JP cannot with JD, but even she go away i don't think JP will get together with JD so fast.

But JH and JD pairing, JH loved JD (just like JK loves JP) so he always beside JD when JD unhappy, introuble and sad, but evryone feel pity with him (WHY?) and not hating him! It is because JD never rejected him and he is her first love so it is ok if he always beside her! This is not fair, right!

:tongue2: Seem that evryone is blaming and hating JK for appeared beside JP, i also feel unhappy seeing JP and JK more with JD but see another side, JH also always appeared beside JD, why nobody hate him and blaming him like JK? Is it because JP has rejected her and show that she is not the one he loved/liked but JK still appeared so evryone feel that she is the one making JP cannot with JD, but even she go away i don't think JP will get together with JD so fast.

But JH and JD pairing, JH loved JD (just like JK loves JP) so he always beside JD when JD unhappy, introuble and sad, but evryone feel pity with him (WHY?) and not hating him! It is because JD never rejected him and he is her first love so it is ok if he always beside her! This is not fair, right!

:D You are so funny... I think everyone can't hate him because he is member of F4.

i myself doesn't really hate him but i always fast forward when JH with JD. :P

i love JP-JD. if i'm watching too much JH-JD it will ruin my fantasy. :P

2009-03-11

[JUNIOR HERALD]

Samsung releases 'Flower Boys Phone'

Credits : Yoo Bo-lam (bolamyoo@heraldm.com)

how much is the phone will cost in dollar? and i wonder when will it be available in Indonesia? :D

Guest choliese

i wish this phone was sold internationally so we can get it *_*

"The Jeju Island segment will bring a major change to the Joonpyo-Jaekyung relationship."

hopefully is not a wedding but definitely a break up scene >_<

crossing my fingers.

gahhh me too, hopefully it'll bring a final end to JP-JK's engagement

Thanks TW1NKLE and snowy 22 for the article and the pics. Hmm...so they are going to Jeju Island to film the wedding scene of JP and JK? What is meant by sending JK back home? They do this in Jeju Island? So confused.... And what is meant by "With the end of 'Boys Over Flowers' around the Korea, the upcoming Jeju Island scenes will play an important role in the direction of the series."? So, they aren't filming in Korea anymore? That can't be....so confused again!! Oh well, I guess we will see what happens. I told myself I will support the show no matter what all the way to the end, so I am hoping that the PD doesn't disappoint me. Or, I will have a big rant after the end of the show. Hmm...they travel a lot in this show......

2009-03-11

[JUNIOR HERALD]

The cool, colorful cell phones used by the main characters in the drama "Boys Over Flowers" are no longer an *unattainable fantasy object. Officially called "Haptic Pop" and *referred to as the "Flower Boys Phone," Samsung Electronics successfully *launched the phone on March 1.

Haptic Pop is a full touch screen phone just like the other versions of Haptic. But the Flower Boys Phone has really neat extra features. It has eleven *interchangeable battery covers each with very *unique designs. The user can change the casing design according to their *preference.

It also comes with a 3.0 megapixel camera and a SOS button option. The SOS button can be used as a *selfdefense tool. In *case of emergency, the user can make it look like someone is calling them or the phone can start making an *alert sound.

The phone will be available at 600,000 won. Upon purchase, the user will be given two battery covers. Other designs will be sold separately at any Samsung Electronics Service Center.

As a launching event, Samsung Electronics sold 20,000 *limited editions of the Flower Boys Phone called "Boys Over Flowers F4 Special Edition." The limited edition packages five battery covers instead of two. They are the same designs as the ones used by the five main characters in the drama.

Credits : Yoo Bo-lam (bolamyoo@heraldm.com)

Only 3 mp camera!! What! I like the battery cover but geez that's even less mp than my new samsung omnia!!

Can't wait for episode 19

Guest ml_87

ths guys for the spoiler of episode 20. i'm happy that there're quite a few JoonDi moment now! but the Monkey's still there. Monkey, I hate U!!! >"<

it seems that now, it's Jp's turn to hold JD back. ^^ tired but BOF still makes MOnday and Tuesday much more interesting :)

Guest MissJeannie

i really think that the painting part of the house where YiJeong was so happy. LOL. he was like a fierce gaga the night before and did he drank potion or smth to forget abt yesterday's happenings? XD

i think mr.director needs to have more sleep. the scenes are weird. but oh well, BOF is still the BOMB. hehee.

love kim bum. all of F4 and miss goohyesun! :D

BOF is ending.. oh god. how? and what should i do after BOF? :(

btw, did episode 19 was taken after JJY's death or before? O.O

cause i wanna see their moods is it like dull abit or what. lol. sorry for that.

Yay! I finally finished ep18+19!! I don't know... it wasn't a drag to me like how others were putting it. :mellow:

Anyhow, ep18 was quite interesting! Woo Bin's little insider~~ hmm, i actually don't think it was that randomly inputted. I think it has a lot to do with who he represents in F4. He's the almighty "Here to the rescue!" Prince Song. It wasn't really a suicidal attempt, more of like.. an emo trait that just came out due to his realization of who he was compared to the other F3 chaebols. This little insider on Woo Bin shows us why he cares so much about F4's friendship and his bond with Yi Jung. Anyway, i actually liked how that scene wasn't a heavy load of weeping~ there were emotions thrown back and forth, but it was still made lightly by Woo Bin's cool stature. That scene didn't bother me at all.

What did kind of irk me was Jae Kyung's reaction to Joon Pyo's rejection... :blink: ~ Lee Min Jung's so cute, but i didn't really like how she took on Jae Kyung in that scene. It's either the subtle atmosphere of that scene or the script just didn't nail it for me..xD I thought it was kind of weird. But i do like it that this scene also revealed about her character that she is, indeed, in denial. Which continues on to ep19.

**One line i thought was quite interesting in ep18 was when Joon Pyo eats ramyun with Jan Di and Kang San. Kang San wishes to eat pizza until he's tired of it, and Joon Pyo responds with "How can a guy's wish be so cheap?".. I really liked the casual remark and double meaning to it! First off, the obvious~~ Joon Pyo loves Jan Di (therefore he, too, wishes for Jan Di) and i guess you can say Jan Di is "cheap" in that she doesn't have high standards or doesn't expect a lot. Jan Di's love isn't hard to buy because she looks at one's heart rather than one's possessions. Second, something cheap can be in respects to love and family-- both are "things" that Joon Pyo has always wished for.. Cheap in the sense that in life you are not supposed to pay to get them. Anyways, i just found it sooooo ironic and quite interesting that Joon Pyo said this to Kang San. Though it was said so lightly, i thought those words of his were a reflection to who he is. :blush:

Despite all the Joon Pyo + Jae Kyung and Jan Di + Ji Hoo scenes, i still find myself not one bit nervous for JOON DI's happy ending together.. :sweatingbullets: Though i must admit that i had to be at the least a little jealous for Jan Di when Joon Pyo looked at Jae Kyung at the breakfast table and how she was playfully feeding him at the grocery market. :lol: --But that jealousy went away right after the scenes were over with.hehhhh. Even if Joon Pyo had instances of willingness to be with Jae Kyung, i don't think that has anything to do with him starting to like her. He feels bad for the girl, finally realizing that she was just like him in his ways of pursuing Jan Di. So he feels for her. But that doesn't mean he's gonna fall for the girl!! Also, i have a lot of faith in Jae Kyung. Since she's already realized that Joon Pyo and Jan Di were a couple before she came along, now she is strategically trying to collect more information from the two, pretending like she doesn't know. I think she wants to know the amount of love both of them have for each other before she is willing to let Joon Pyo go, officially. In ep19, the Truth Game, i really liked how Joon Pyo directly asks Jan Di that question, as if it was just the two of them in the room.~ And Woo Bin's answer must've been the best :lol: .. I liked how F3 even correctly called out their label as if it was their identity. :lol:

I cried watching Ji Hoo in the rain. :tears: His white pants looked nice on him too.~ Thank goodness they were of good material, it didn't show through in the rain. :sweatingbullets: But really, when he was remembering back on his parents' funeral and his grandpa leaving him.. :( Little Ji Hoo is so handsome. :rolleyes: ~ I can't wait to see the reconciliation of him and his grandpa. I hope the leaked scripts stay that way.. I really feel for both of them.

Oh! And i really wanted to kick Yi Jung's butt! In reality, he really deserved his hand to be broken for disrespecting a random woman in a random club <_< .. but of course, it's Yi Jung!! I'm not sure if that random girl detested anyway. :sweatingbullets: ~ haha-- As for So Eul.. wow, that was quick! In a matter of 2 episodes, i was hurt and happy again with the two. However, it's quite bittersweet. Yi Jung really disappointed me, and yes~ he may have deserved to get beaten up, but not to the point where he wouldn't be able to do pottery anymore. :o ... Anyhow, i really felt for Ga Eul~ i think being the girl that i am, i would've probably done the same things she did: attempt to get out of that club, pour that cup of water onto him, and helped him get inside his own house. :lol: .... actually, i'm not sure if i'd go back to his house. >__< But Ga Eul has grown so much, and i can't deny that it has nothing to do with Yi Jung. I did find it a bit annoying that the next scene we see of them, they're happy-go-lucky again with fixing Jan Di and Kang San's rooftop home........... But i can't wait to see where So Eul is going. The leaked script just makes me sad for her. She's sooo sweet! <33 But i still love the little indications of So Eul with eye contact in tiny scenes.. like, when they were painting the window sill and during the Truth Game when Yi Jung looked at Ga Eul for the first question.. :blush:

I must end my post with JOON DI though. :wub: I wish Jan Di would've appeared stronger during the confrontation with Joon Pyo's mom. It wasn't what i'd expected, but it was consistent with the scene of Jan Di gracefully playing the piano at Joon Pyo's bday party. I notice that in this version with MadamKang-JanDi confrontations, the witch has been getting the last word the majority of the time. The only time i can recall Jan Di fighting back verbally was when she returned the money her mom had accepted from her.. :unsure: Anyways, i think this has a lot to do with the Korean culture though~ its influence on how each character will be portrayed will be slightly different. Jan Di may not often fight back with words, but she sincerely fights back with the trait of persistent love and care for another.

Oh, one more thing. I absolutely enjoyed the songs of the OST this week. I think it was a bit of a disappoint for me last week because it was only one episode and the sudden change in music was just awkward for me. This week, there were a blend of new songs that i certainly enjoyed, including the new music scores!! Those are always a plus. Actually, i hope they will be included in the second OST so they won't have to be scores anymore. When Joon Pyo went to the pool in ep18~~ it sounded so much like Ji Sun (Loveholic). :wub: What song/artist(s) was that?? I really liked it! Also, there was a really nice song sung by a group of guys~~ errrh, i can't remember which scene. But it was definitely significant to me. ^_^ However, i do wish there would be a blend of both the first and second OST in these last few episodes..... Although i love SS501 and their new ending theme song, i can't get over how much i want "내 머리가 나빠서" back. haha~~ it just makes the ending of each episode that much more dramatic!xD

OK... this was a lonnnnggg post. Sorry, but i just barely caught up after writing extensively on papers this week. >__< I'll try to cut it down next time. heehee. * ^_^ *

*BOF FIGHTING*

kitty99, i'm thinking they've already shot a lot of the scenes for ep20-25 in Korea.. :sweatingbullets: That doesn't necessarily mean the show will end with the cast in Jeju Island.xD I think it was mentioned that they'll be back in a few more days... perhaps to shoot the ending episodes. :)

Oh, on another note~~ I'm still waiting on Joon Hee to step in!!xD I wonder if she is also in Jeju Island...... I have a big feeling that it will be a Joon Pyo + Jae Kyung wedding, but Jae Kyung will stop it before it happens..hm.

wow....there r tooo many pages i missed...

is there by any chance the ental subs is out...

i think i saw oni the rapidshare thingy

Guest morelosmiya

I just finished watching ep 18.

and I should've been watching

ep 19 right now but I have to go

to school tomorrow :(

I was so excited because I

thought I would finish until ep 19,

guess not. :(

ya there, just sharing :)

EPISODE 18:

I just want to ask,

who sang and what were the songs

played when jandi was in the library

and she found ji hoo sleeping.

AND when they were at the musuem?

and for an instance, the song played at

the last part (JK and JP), was it the same

with one of the songs up there^^?

those songs were catchy ones:)

I liked those songs:))

Guest limegreencanada

Ok, after surfing around baidu.com, I'm feeling happier now and am looking forward to the next episode after reading one potential scenes found in the scripts.

Disclaimer: This is NOT confirmed. Take it with a pinch of salt. It MAY or MAY NOT appear.

#38.俊表家.俊表房门前/早上

在熟睡的俊表房门前深呼吸的丝草下定决心走了进去

#39.俊表房/早上

俊表呼呼大睡,丝草把闹钟放到俊表耳朵旁边,俊表用枕头盖住耳朵继续睡

丝草一边想把棉被抢走边说

丝草:请起床吧,少爷

丝草要拉起棉被的瞬间突然失去力量被俊表拉走跌到他怀里

丝草想起来俊表的手却不放开

丝草:?!作什麼你.....

俊表:就五分钟..再五分钟我就起来

丝草:!!

俊表:就算你在我的面前我还是没有真实感<眼神似乎想要吻上去...

瞬间有人敲门进来....

#38. JP's house. Outside JP's room/Morning

Outside JP's room where JP was sleeping soundly inside, JD takes a deep breath and walked in.

#39. JP's room/ Morning

JP was sleeping and JD places an alarm clock near his ear. JP used the pillow to cover his ear.

JD tries to pull the blanket away while saying, "Please wake up, Master"

While pulling the blanket, JD loses her balance as JP pulls her towards him.

JD tries to get away but JP refuses to let her go.

JD: What are you doing…

JP: Just 5 min. I will wake up after 5 min.

JD: !!

JP: Even though you are just in front of me, this doesn't feel realistic (Looks as though he's going to kiss her)

At this moment, someone knocked on the door…

Ok, whether this will happen or not, I do not know. But I'm definitely crossing my finger for this and looking forward to the maid arc.

Thanks for this , can't wait to see this ( if its accurate ) do you have the link in baidu where the other scenes are written ?

Guest sweet_maple

i hate JH-JD couple. i become more and more less enjoy in JH. :unsure: i dont know why. but i cant bear see him spend so much time with JD. i'm sorry but he didnt have nothing to do than follow JD? even in Macau, and now, in Korea. i hope that JD will not fall to him. <_<

after reading u guys's post, i feel i can understand JP's action now. yeah, he's very confused now. we should let him more tim to clarify things. luckily, JK is out of the relationship. now only JH. this guy makes me really worried about JD's love for JP.

at least, the next episode is maid arc. very funny^^^ hope that JoonDi moment last long (at least 1 episode)

i will support BOF to the end. the cast deserves that, even the PD, he may have reasons to make the drama this way. let's wait and we'll understand :rolleyes:

I'm on your side, Jh-JD relationship is really a bit boring to me, a prince charming always come along Jan Di's side, no need to fight for anything, not yearning for anything, it is too prefect to be true :rolleyes: . But I don't worried much for Jan Di's feeling, trust me to JH , it is nothing more than a best friend ( even when she touched his face- compare with when she slightly knocked on JP's forehead, you can see and feel it), JD took care for JH, cooked for him then she left. If JD is really waving she perhaps stayed, to wait for JH to wake up, then asked him to eat foods...Guys, do you leave your sick boyfriend after just cooking something for him then leave :sweatingbullets: ? Pardon me, 99% of you may say "NO" ( 1% you are in emergency case, your mum yells on the phone "where have you been all night :crazy: ?") . So I'm sure that to her JH is the best best friend.

I read a quote like this : "It takes a boy you really like

To make you truly smile,

It takes a boy you really love

To make you cry." :)

Guest renjitehsmex

i really think that the painting part of the house where YiJeong was so happy. LOL. he was like a fierce gaga the night before and did he drank potion or smth to forget abt yesterday's happenings? XD

i think mr.director needs to have more sleep. the scenes are weird. but oh well, BOF is still the BOMB. hehee.

love kim bum. all of F4 and miss goohyesun! :D

BOF is ending.. oh god. how? and what should i do after BOF? :(

btw, did episode 19 was taken after JJY's death or before? O.O

cause i wanna see their moods is it like dull abit or what. lol. sorry for that.

I don't think you'll get to see a dull-side-of-them-cos-JJY-died because they're professional and I don't think they will let that get in their way.

Guest jdarcy

I've translated scenes 1-10 of the script for episode 20 at http://yogurutu.blogspot.com/. I didn't want to post here since it's too big of a spoiler.

DISCLAIMER: I do not actually know if it's the real script but it seemed pretty legit so I gave it a try. more parts to come. There are 53 more scenes to translate for the episode.

wow thank you so much - would love to read the rest!!!!

Guest samtly

I think y people are so fustrated with drama is because it had losses it comedy touch and became so heavy with drama. thank god that is still woobing who light up the moment. in the beginning jp, jh and jandi are drama now even jy character had gotten dramatic. so the drama now seem really goomy.....

Guest mab2007

what happened to Woobin..he wasn't like that since the start of the drama..

why would he be embarrassed in front of f4?