1949 (2009)

utkim

Guest alexdan

吴宇森为乔妹张震谱恋曲

【20:07】2008年05月20日

【on.cc专讯】 宋慧乔(乔妹)将首度接拍吴宇森新片《1949》,并与型男张震谱出一段凄的美爱情故事,众人齐集康城召开记者会,监制张家振透露该片的主要资金是来自内地及台湾,制作费庞大,片中除了有两场打戏外,还有一场太平洋沉船戏,虽然未能与经典电影《铁达尼号》媲美,但仍会尽力做到最好。

More about the storyboard....Hyekyo is a Shanghai girl in the film

the love story is a sad one

there will be 2 action scenes and one ship sinking scene..though the production team think they cannot make the ship sinking scene as good as Titanic...they will try their best.

hahaha, this is sooo good , Im loving it

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chin_ai22

its seems like unnie is doing well even without an angency. good for her. so excited about this! :)

Guest kairu

utkim, this one is the summary of that article :D

Source: Javabeans

John Woo casts Song Hye Gyo in big-budget period romance

May 20th, 2008 // by javabeans

2008052023092745362_1.jpg

Score!

Song Hye Gyo made a surprise appearance at Cannes Film Festival on the 20th in conjunction with the announcement that she will be appearing in 1949, director John Woo’s next film, he of the stylish Hong Kong and Hollywood action blockbusters (Mission Impossible II, Face/Off, Broken Arrow).

Not only that, the screenplay was written by Wang Hui-ling of the much-lauded Lust, Caution and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Song co-stars with Chinese actor Chang Chen, and startled reporters at the press conference for 1949, where she appeared alongside Woo and producer Terrence Chang. (Apparently Song arrived at Cannes on the 17th, but remained hidden in her hotel room until her appearance on the 20th at Woo’s request. Woo had made no mention of Song’s participation in the film until she arrived at the press conference.)

She explained, “John Woo contacted me [in January] after watching Hwang Jini. I’m incredibly honored to be working with a director I admire so much.” (According to a Korean article — so take with a grain of salt, naturally — owing to Song’s popularity in China from her dramas Autumn in My Heart and Full House, the Chinese press in attendance focused their attention and aimed more questions at her than her co-star Chang Chen.)

1949 is described as a “big-budget romance” based on real-life events that took place at the end of World War II and in the last years of the Chinese Civil War

As for the language issue, the film will be Chinese-language, mixed with English; Song Hye Gyo is currently studying both. She also assures us that 1949 won’t interfere with her participation in director Pyo Min Su’s upcoming drama co-starring Hyun Bin, The World They Live In, as the drama starts in July and will end this year, while 1949 will start filming at the end of the year and aims to release sometime in 2009.

I know I’ve been skeptical of Song Hye Gyo as well as crossover acting roles in general, and John Woo’s had some misses recently, but this one sounds really promising.

Via Starnews

^^ thanks kairu :D . So she was hidden in the hotel from the 17th :wacko: , isn't it a lil too much ?

Well, she came out with a big surprise for us huh and soooooooo pleased at the same time :w00t: .

Seriously, the movie sounds so promising , I'm trying not to be bias but I do already love

the story. Seems like we have a long way to go :sweatingbullets: , Hope the best for her and the team.

I am actually a fan of the PD too, love his works espesially the Face Off :rolleyes:

10563523.jpg

Chinese link:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=384049902

Rough translation

Director Woo's War film -- anticipating Zhang/Song intimate collaboration

Kyo 

SHK dressed up as a snow white to attend the press conference for 1949 on May 20th. She said, when she met up with Zhang Zhen in HK in March this year, at that time she really wish she could act with this veteran actor; She didn't expect that her dream would come true so fast! Kyo also praised one of Director Woo's romance movie 《喋血双雄》The killer/Bloodshed of Two Heroes and said she liked it very much; she believes that the new film will be equally captivating. She said she loves the script and even though she isn't born on 1949 she will definitely portray the character to her best ability. Her character will be a lady living against all odds and without hope then came along this "hero" who helped to build up her confidence in life and the two sparks & falls in love sth like that.

Zhang

Whenasked if his Gf will get jealous if Zhang acts intimately with beautiful Kyo in the new movie. Zhang laughed and replied that he welcomes intimate scene, the more the merrier. If the script requires kissing scene, he has no problem with that at all!

Woo

Director Woo said he was mersmerized by Kyo's attractiveness. Woo said so many directors long to cast shk as their star and he didn't realize that he has such golden opportunity; He said one time they had an opportunity for meal gathering, he thought, hmm.. this lady is super pretty; so pretty that he was speechless and didn't dare to speak to her; later he found out that Kyo loves to eat Peking duck and he told her that he loves kimchi thus that's how the conversation flourished. Woo said from that moment he already knew Kyo would be his next actress. He said he has seen her FH and HJN and the background is a bit similar to 1949 storyline. He said he has directed many films and still find love story very nostalgic. He feels that it is indeed an honor to work with so many talented stars such as Zhang and Song.

1949 is a romance movie which will include sinking ship; even though it won't be as good as Titanic but the set will be very elaborate; the filming will be done in Taiwan; the other casts will be from Japan and Korea as well.

The press conference was conducted in English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Korean and Director Woo & PD Chang had hard time answering questions and thanks to Zhang Zen who was able to help them out with certain translation.

thanks jan @SHK thread

Guest kierelun

John Woo speaks highly of Song Hye Kyo from Netease.com :

Song: start learning Chinese strive to do homework

“She is a very good actor, many are the first to the director and her co-operation and I am very happy to cooperate with her, she really is too beautiful, the film is very suitable for us," director John Woo said he is watched Song's "Hwangjini" after that she was suitable for "1949" in this role, "she plays the good feelings, which also is in misery personality, a personality so that she can better express the feelings."

Song "1949" inside the play is a Shanghai girl, has been inseparable from the emotional loss in the past, the last encountered Zhang Zhen, begun to receive some encouragement from Zhang's help to restore her confidence. ” For this role to play, Song said she has begun learning the Chinese language and Chinese history that time, expect to be able to do homework before rebooting, "I have to find some work to do homework, and hope that we can more At that time some understanding of the background, do homework before the shot. "

"This film is my first Chinese film to me is like first love, will certainly leave a beautiful good memories. And so can good directors and actors cooperate very happy, very nervous, feeling they are the worst A, so we should now begin the efforts that can be dedicated to the audience a good film. "

” Turning to the forthcoming cooperation Zhang Zhen, Song also appreciate the very early hope to have opportunities for cooperation, "March of this year, I and Zhang Zhen in a prize presentation ceremony of Hong Kong's first met, then I feel like years of Like old friends chat about the very happy, just as there are great opportunities for cooperation, did not expect a few months after we really should be cooperation, so very happy. "

Translated by Google, Credit to Netease Entertainment

Guest tisya

The criteria of John Woo of choosing our Dearest SHK, are:

1] Her beauty and I know its the complete package, face, body and personality,

how she carries hereself simple yet elegant, always with grace.

2) Her performance in Hwang JinY - I myself, because I do not know-no idea about the

geisang in Korea, I was impressed in the story, the execution and performances

of the stars. Maybe critics in Korea had a mind set of the story of a geisang, so

even as if it was obvious being appreciated by people outside of Korea, it did not

stir-them-up much.

This is the criteria of Susan Shoemaker of choosing her to appear in Fetish, she has

much faith on her.

These people are of high caliber director and critics, and they have noticed her

performance in HJ - I just can say, GOOD ACTRESS SONG HYE GYO - HURRAYYYYYYYY!!!!

Guest kierelun

Translation by Google : Japanese to English :

World-class masters, director John Woo told a news conference, "the movie Hwang Jin Yi, Song Hye Kyo to be seduced by looking at the next movie, decided to get on stage," he said.

20, 2007 10:30 (local time), in the middle of the 61th Cannes International Film Festival's Majestic Hotel, 1949, announced his new film took place, director John Woo will Heroine to hire someone of Song Hye Kyo It announced.

19, 2006, in Cannes, Redcliffe, the Committee produced a report, but the director John Woo, Song Hye Kyo also says he cast about what they did not, 20, 2007 press conference to reporters in amazement.

Producer Terence Chang said the male protagonist's role as Zhang Chen (Chang Chen) attended a press conference with director John Woo, Song Hye Kyo from my questions are also concentrated in the media to promote and applaud, Son HEGYO is carefully consideration.

The following is a press conference in the exchange of questions and answers.

-- The 1949 film, What?

"1949 romance against the backdrop of the film. Couple appeared three. Zhang and Song Hye Kyo today announced only isolation, also near introduced to other actors. Shanghai's high society to live Women have lost a loved one, go to Taiwan. She was disappointed at the bottom of men (Chang Chen) to meet people's affection and feel connected with their story. "

-- How much production cost?

"80 billion won (80 billion) less than the Redcliffe, but not less so because of historical material. BROTHERHOOD, such as the full-scale as the Chinese hope to paint"

-- Song Hye Kyo to the casting of the reasons?

"Endless Love, the drama also saw the movie, Hwang Jin Yi is really印象深かった. Charismatize movie while, his eyes shining. Redcliffe So the editor was working on When I got in contact with Song Hye Kyo side. Cafe while waiting for Song Hye Kyo, very tense. It's so beautiful. So far I have not met the most beautiful actress, "I think

-- Song Hye Kyo's first impression?

"Nice to meet actress, the daughter of a mind. The world's most beautiful daughter to me.. But when I met with Song Hye Kyo for a time to remember my daughter (laughs). Another, the daughter is ready. "

-- Who is the script?

"Last, Cauchon, such as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, the king wrote to蕙玲(Wang HOERIN) is in charge. Aspire to be published in September next year."

Japanese » English Translate

Guest honey_ping

The criteria of John Woo of choosing our Dearest SHK, are:

1] Her beauty and I know its the complete package, face, body and personality,

how she carries hereself simple yet elegant, always with grace.

2) Her performance in Hwang JinY - I myself, because I do not know-no idea about the

geisang in Korea, I was impressed in the story, the execution and performances

of the stars. Maybe critics in Korea had a mind set of the story of a geisang, so

even as if it was obvious being appreciated by people outside of Korea, it did not

stir-them-up much.

This is the criteria of Susan Shoemaker of choosing her to appear in Fetish, she has

much faith on her.

These people are of high caliber director and critics, and they have noticed her

performance in HJ - I just can say, GOOD ACTRESS SONG HYE GYO - HURRAYYYYYYYY!!!!

OH YES! All these proof how GOOD SHK is! SOOooooooooooooooo so proud of her!

Guest kierelun

Fortissimo Announces Production of John Woo's "1949"

It was announced on Tuesday that Fortissimo Films have acquired worldwide rights, (excluding China) for John Woo's next project "1949." Woo and his frequent producing partner and chief of Lion Rock, Terence Chang will team up again for the projected period piece, marking Fortissimo's second collaboration with Lion Rock. Set to star two big names in Asian cinema, Song Hye Gyo ("Fetish," "Hwang-Jin Yi," "Parang Juuibo") and Chang Chen ("Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," "Happy Together"), the film is currently in casting finalizations. The story is based on an original script by Wong Hui Ling ("Lust, Caution," "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"), and is set in the final years of the Second World War and follows a love story through 1949, the year of the formation of the People's Republic of China.

"It is a privilege to be working with such legendary filmmakers as John Woo and Terence Chang on '1949,' especially on this extraordinary and important film. We are honored and excited to be involved with a project of this pedigree that is guaranteed to move people as it realistically portrays the realities of the history of the Chinese people and nation in the years following the end of World War II," said Wouter Barendrecht, Fortissimo Co-Chair, in a statement. The Chinese language film is set to begin shooting on location in Taiwan and China by the end of 2008, aiming for a theatrical release occurring on the same year as the 60th anniversary of the People's Republic of China.

Credit to : indiewire.com/jenny sung

May 21, 2008

Song Hye-kyo to Star in New John Woo Movie

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

080520_p16_song.jpg

Actress Song Hye-kyo

Korean actress Song Hye-kyo will star as the heroine of John Woo's new movie "1949."

The 26-year-old star will join Taiwanese actor Chang Chen in the movie depicting a tragic love story set in 1949, when China was suffering a civil war between the Nationalist and Communist parties.

Woo, the director of hit movies "Face Off (1997)" and "Mission Impossible II (2000)," appeared with Terence Chang, the producer of the film, and Song at a press conference held at the Hotel Majestic Cannes, with the festivity of the Cannes Film Festival still in the air.

"Among my other films, this will be the one that will underline humanity the most," Woo was quoted as saying by Yonhap News.

"I was offered the role early this year, and the scenario was very tempting. I am very pleased to be working with director Woo,' said Song.

Woo is waiting for his movie "Red Cliff" to be released this summer. "Red Cliff" tells the story of a famous war during the Three Kingdoms period in ancient China. Chang will also appear in the movie.

Song has been in numerous dramas, commercials and films, including the hit drama "Full House (2004)". She recently finished shooting independent movie "Fetish" in the U.S.

Credits: sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/speci.../178_24519.html

credit rubie @All In thread

Guest angel2nyt

AIGOO!! I'm so excited for her. >.< She just came back and BOOM so much FUN work to do. Especially acting with Hyunbin >.< OMO.

I really choooooooooongmal am happy for her.

i know right..

maybe she was like.. you want a comeback, then i'll give you a comeback

unnie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im super happy for her...

Archived