[Movie 2009] Marine Boy 마린보이

Guest huangsy

Guest huangsy

Kim Kang Woo, Jo Jae Hyun, Park Shi Yeon
Debuts 5 Feb 2009.

Director : Yoon Jong Suk

Cast : Cho Jae Hyun, Kim Kang Woo, Park Shi Yeon, Lee Won Jong, Oh Kwang Rok

Official Site : http://www.marineboy2009.com/

Related movie site : http://movie.daum.net/moviedetail/moviedet...o?movieId=45552

Photo gallery : http://movie.daum.net/moviedetail/moviedet...o?movieId=45552

Link to trailers : http://movie.daum.net/moviedetail/moviedet...o?movieId=45552 and

http://film2.co.kr/include/webcast_player.asp?wkey=282107

2008052011430077482_115206_0.jpg

poster_399149.jpg

poster_381470.jpg

poster_389029.jpg

poster_389028.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest huangsy
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Ishida21

I'm pretty sure this pictures below are related to Marine Boy.

The necklace has the same name as the movie and it appears on the officials steals too:

file_dowan.jpgfile_dowbn.jpg

a-2.pngb-1.png

For memory, one of the offiicial stils:

photo_movie_29968_05.jpg

f.pngg-1.png

^ I'm quite sure this is related to Marine Boy too, because of Park Si-yeon's character in the movie:

Taken from Hancinema:

Link of the news

she will officially act as a "Femme Fatale". Yoo-ri interferes in the business between drug carrier Chun-soo (Kim Kang-woo) and President Kang (Jo Jae-hyeon), who puts Chun-soo in danger.

She has the job of a jazz singer, but she hides her real identity and tempts President Kang and Chun-soo and unfolds her secret plans.

And moreover, in the same time and in the same cyworld, I found this BTS picture with Kim Kang-woo and Park Si-yeon:

file_dowon.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Ishida21

From this article below, Marine Boy is the most expected movie among 4 movies who will be released in the theaters in February 2009 (Marine Boy, Battle/Strategy, Cell Phone and one I don't know)

http://www.esportsi.com/bbs/view.php?id=movie01&no=4327

2w32x5v.jpg

3 different polls and Marine come first for the 3 polls but with the Google translation it's really hard to understand something.

Guest Ishida21

^ Huangsy do you know what the texts on this pics says? It's seems funny.

'Marine Boy' swims against the tide

koreaherald.co.kr

"Marine Boy," helmed by Yoon Jong-seok, is bound to stand out in terms of genre in the lineup of Korean films hitting theaters early this year. Instead of treading the proven path, it dives into the relatively unknown world of the sea. That's how the film is now categorized as a "marine" thriller.

For most Koreans, however, the title of the movie evokes either an old Japanese comic series or Park Tae-hwan, an Olympic gold medalist dubbed "Marine Boy." The movie, though featuring plenty of under-the-sea scenes, is neither a rehash of the animation nor a biopic of the hugely popular swimmer. It is basically about drug trafficking which happens to take place, mostly, in the sea.

"We went through many trials and errors because there's not much filmmaking know-how due to the lack of movies related to the sea," director Yoon told reporters at a news conference held in Seoul yesterday. "The production crew and actors also suffered severe sea sickness while shooting key scenes, and I deeply appreciate their efforts."

The movie revolves around a former professional swimmer (played by Kim Gang-woo) who falls into a debt trap, leading to a dangerous mission to deliver a package of drugs by the sea. Veteran actor Cho Jae-hyun ("Bad Guy") plays the charismatic drug dealer who manipulates the life of the delivery man, and Park Si-yeon ("The Fox Family") takes up the role of a femme fatale.

"I got some basic training before I joined the shooting but my physical stamina quickly ran out when I was out on the sea," said Kim Gang-woo, who previously starred in "Le Grand Chef."

Kim said he was fearful of the sea, especially swimming in it, but began to overcome his fear through intensive training. He received special training for three months, starting by moving his legs in the swimming pool, and acquired the advanced skills for the film, including scuba diving.

Kim earned a high reputation among the production crew because he did all his stunts himself.

Cho Jae-hyun, known for his passionate acting style, said he had plenty of thrilling moments when he played the chief of a drug ring.

"When I play a strong character, I feel some exhilaration, although I also enjoy playing a soft and melancholy character," Cho said.

Park Si-yeon, who recently starred in "Dachimawari," a comic drama filled with tongue-in-cheek parodies, said she was impressed by Kim Gang-woo's determination during the shooting.

"Kim cut off the intake of carbohydrates completely to build up his body, and I thought such a strong determination fits in with the character in the film," Park said.

Kim, however, downplayed the efforts he made to keep his body fit, saying that he just followed a diet routine. What he seemed to be more mindful was his public image, especially on the big screen.

"This movie is about strong characters and pronounced colors of characters, and I think I have achieved a new image here, far stronger than my roles in the previous films," Kim said.

"Marine Boy," distributed by CJ Entertainment, will hit the theaters on Feb. 5.

By Yang Sung-jin

Guest Ishida21

Marine Boy press conference

Dramabeans

marineboy_pc10.jpg

Be glad I resisted the urge to title the post “Marine Boy swims into theaters” — it was difficult to pass up, but I managed.)

The new crime thriller Marine Boy held its production press conference on the morning of December 5, featuring its stars Jo Jae-hyun (New Heart), Park Shi-yeon (La Dolce Vita), and Kim Kang-woo (Bichunmu).

The cast and director Yoon Jong-seok took photos and answered questions with the press; Jo described releasing this film in terms of a metaphor first uttered by the director: “It feels like sending off a daughter in marriage.” (Extending the metaphor, Jo said that in the past, he’s sometimes felt like the kids he’d sent off in marriage ended up divorcing or mistreated by the other family — but this time, all has gone well.)

The title refers to the smuggling of drugs via hiding them inside the body and swimming to one’s destination. In the film, Jo plays the crime boss who trains Kim Kang-woo as the titular “marine boy.” Kim, a former swimmer on a national level, comes into this shady career after falling victim to gambling debts, and Park Shi-yeon is the “femme fatale” (yawn, again) who seduces him. Kim and Park share a “shocking” bed scene in the film, which apparently was so “intensely” filmed that Park can’t recall anything particular about it: “It was chaotic.” (Director Yoon added that in order to make it more romantic, they had to add reshoots.)

Jo is making a career of playing charismatic baddies, and Park starting to get a little typecast as the seductress, so these are familiar roles. But the premise sounds interesting, and the main character’s swimmer-goes-bad role could be promising. (Or really silly.)

The thriller releases on February 5.

Guest Ishida21

'Marine Boy' Explores Drug Trafficking

The Korean Times

The upcoming film "Marine Boy" involves treading water, but it has nothing to do with the nickname Koreans affectionately give to swimming star Park Tae-hwan.

Written and directed by newcomer Yoon Jong-seok, this crime movie is about a former swimming athlete (Kim Kang-woo) who, desperately in debt, becomes employed as a "body packing" drug mule by a heartless drug lord (Jo Jae-hyeon). After swallowing a 10-meter-long drug package, this "marine boy" must swim across waters between Korea and Japan. Among the many things that beckon death, an alluring beauty (Park Si-yeon) tries to seduce him.

"As long as there are drugs, there will be those who transport drugs. What makes this movie unique is not its subject matter, but rather, the name `marine boy'. There is something beguiling about its duality, how these criminals are called something that romantically calls to mind the popular cartoon "Marine Boy" or the star swimmer Park Tae-hwan", the direc...| Plus

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

The upcoming film "Marine Boy" involves treading water, but it has nothing to do with the nickname Koreans affectionately give to swimming star Park Tae-hwan.

Written and directed by newcomer Yoon Jong-seok, this crime movie is about a former swimming athlete (Kim Kang-woo) who, desperately in debt, becomes employed as a "body packing" drug mule by a heartless drug lord (Jo Jae-hyeon). After swallowing a 10-meter-long drug package, this "marine boy" must swim across waters between Korea and Japan. Among the many things that beckon death, an alluring beauty (Park Si-yeon) tries to seduce him.

"As long as there are drugs, there will be those who transport drugs. What makes this movie unique is not its subject matter, but rather, the name `marine boy'. There is something beguiling about its duality, how these criminals are called something that romantically calls to mind the popular cartoon "Marine Boy" or the star swimmer Park Tae-hwan", the director told reporters at a press event in southern Seoul, Monday.

"A friend of mine asked if the movie was about swimmer Park Tae-hwan. Park did in fact get to watch a rough cut of the film and liked it. But I hope people will view `Marine Boy' as a film with a life of its own", said Kim.

Like the film's title, the stars are also redefining themselves. Kim stripped down his soft, good guy image to play an ultra masculine athlete. The "Le Grand Chef" star had to conquer his fear of water and learn basic swimming strokes alongside toddlers. After a few months of intense training and dieting, he was boasting a chiseled physique and doing dangerous water stunts without a stand-in.

Throughout the press conference, Kim's co-stars and director praised his passionate effort. About her co-star's sexy makeover, Park ("A Love") said Kim's fervent devotion to the vigorous training was "much sexier". The screen beauty herself gives a new slant on her image, trading in her damsel in distress characters for a scheming femme fatale. The newly revealed film trailer featured a steamy love scene between the two, garnering much attention from the press. "It was a bedroom scene but we shot it so vigorously I don't remember much", she said.

Jo ("Bad Guy"), known for both iconic villain roles and quintessential good guy parts, adds another bad guy to the roster. "I actually feel more comfortable playing the more delicate, fragile roles", he said, teasing himself as being a softhearted man who often cries. "But I believe that any given villain character, no matter how tough and masculine, requires a small portion of femininity", he said.

"Marine Boy" marks a plunge into big budget filmmaking for the indie film veteran. "Like the director said, I feel like I'm marrying off my precious daughter", said Jo about the film's upcoming release in February. "I've married off many 'children' (movies) so far, but the weddings have been a disaster… I've also been very hungry, doing Kim Ki-duk's independent films", joked the actor, inspiring laughter from reporters. "For the first time, I feel like I am marrying off my daughter to a loving, wealthy family", he said.

Coming to theaters Feb. 5. Distributed by CJ Entertainment.

[ChanMi's movie news] Three Actresses transform in to femme fatale characters

Hancinema

photo76572.jpg

photo76573.jpg

New year brings new transformations for these three actresses!

Uhm Jung-hwa, Kim Min-jeong, and Park Si-yeon are the main actresses in their own new dramas for which they have to transform into femme fatales!

Uhm is taking an evil role in the movie "Insadong Scandal" where she is the owner of an art gallery. Previously, she has been in the movies "Changing Partners" and "Marriage Is a Crazy Thing" for which she was the sexy and bold character.

Park Si-yeon is Yoori in the new film "Marine Boy" as a drug dealer. Yoori's first encounter with Cheon-soo to make him into a marine boy shows her seductive ways as a sexy femme fatale. This role is 180degrees change from her previous film "a LOVE".

Kim Min-jeong is in the new film "The Scam" where she becomes Yoo Seo-yeon, private banker for the wealthy elitists. She is cold hearted and strong as she shows her charisma. In the film "Forbidden Quest" Kim has been in a femme fatale role before, so this new movie brings another new anticipation for her fans.

These stars will be trying out new makeup and fashion as well as smoking scenes as rebellious characters. Uhm will be in bold makeup and fur coats with a strong image. Park will be wearing sexy revealing costumes.

These movies will be another wave of popular films that will be shown around the globe!

Archived