[drama 2008] The Lawyers Of The Great Republic Korea 대한민국 변&#5484

Guest yeohweping

Guest nadtn

Thanks for clarifying Debratan. See it makes a huge difference when you actually understand what's going on...Ok good, I really like HEJ, so I was hoping that she wouldn't play the role of the bad guy. I just finished S1945 so I guess I was hoping to see another HEJ-RSY romance, but so far it looks like this drama is about YK and both guys will probably end up falling for YK...And so far RSY has very little screen time, he better not be the guy that doesn't get the girl!!!! :angry:

BTW, is it just me or did anyone notice that HEJ's nose looks different on this drama...I wonder if she just got a nose job...her nose looks different...before the tip of her nose was kind of rounded and now it looks pointy...maybe it's just the makeup???

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest anachronista

Can someone tell me about YK's father? It looked like he was in trouble with the law and it was very handy for him to have a daughter who is a lawyer.

Guest debratan

Can someone tell me about YK's father? It looked like he was in trouble with the law and it was very handy for him to have a daughter who is a lawyer.

YK's father is a cheater/swindler. He brought an inferior beauty machine and ended up scarring a woman's face.

Initially, he dare not acknowledged YK as his daughter, he told the officer that she is his lawyer. (maybe this is not the first time he got into similar trouble).

He keep insist that he have been framed and the machine he brought is good. YK then asked him to perform the treatment on her, since the machine is good and she want to be prettier.

The father hestiated and said that it will be dreadful if he did so. Supposed that mean he acknowledged that his machine is no good.

So, YK asked the officer to lock up the father but at the same time, she also get the delivery guy to delivery noodle to her father.

I may not be correct in details .. feel free to correct me .. :sweatingbullets:

Guest anachronista

Thank you, DT for the info on YK's dad, the "con man"! That was about the only part of the story that wasn't covered somewhere in the thread.

A BIG thank you to yeohweping for finding the sports fan pictures!!! I am sooooo grateful!!! :D :D :D

Guest piano_lady

yeoweping, loads of thanks for the sports photos!

i've actually been waiting for them :D

ha! so YK's father is a swindler!

he also played the rold of a swindler in Three Dads One Mom!

the role suits him actually...hehe

thanks, DT

does anyone have this on veoh?

it looks interesting (:

rainbowfull, the previews have already been uploaded in ryusuyoung's veoh account

the raws will be available in soon..

we'll keep you posted ;)

Guest piano_lady

Article that came out last week courtesy of hancinema

Lawyers vie for top spot in drama line-up

2008/07/09

Though the tagline for MBC's new Wednesday and Thursday night miniseries "Daehanminguk Byeonhosa" is "Love versus money", with two superhero dramas out right now, it should really read, "superheroes versus lawyers".

Following on the heels of the abysmal drama on reporters, "Spotlight", which ended on a sour note last Thursday, this romantic comedy will need more than a few lawyers to compete SBS' with "Iljimae".

The star power of Lee Joon-ki as a Joseon Dynasty superhero in the hit SBS drama has swept viewer ratings nationwide. And celebrities Lee Seong-jae and Lee Soo-kyeong will need to showcase some stellar acting and flawless comic timing in order to nab audiences in "Daehanminguk Byeonhosa (The Lawyers of the Great Republic Korea)".

Actor Lee, who made his mark playing ruthless businessmen in flicks like "Public Enemy" (2002) and "Shinsukki Blues" (2004), takes his turn on the small screen playing the head of a finance group slapped in the face with a whopping 100 billion won ($100 million) divorce lawsuit by his trophy wife Lee Ae-ri.

"Well, I was up against the hit drama 'Jumong' at one point", said actor Lee, 37, at a press conference held last week, when asked about how he feels about going up against "Iljimae".

Lee's good-natured response, however, did not hide the miniseries' somewhat lackluster plotline or the relative lack of confidence of his co-star Lee Soo-kyeong, who revealed that this is the first time she is acting in a miniseries.

Actress Lee, who will be playing an inept but earnest divorce lawyer representing Lee Seong-jae's character in the suit, made her mark playing a minor role in the SBS weekend drama "Love in Heaven" (2005) before taking on a larger role in MBC's "Soul Mate" (2006).

In both shows, she charmed audiences as a clueless and innocent girl falling in love. While her latest role as a divorce lawyer possesses some of the qualities of her previous characters, it still represents a radical departure for Lee.

"If, in the past, I played a lot of dependent characters, this time I am playing a character who is independent", said actress Lee, 26.

But what Lee may lack in experience, she makes up for with spunk. The feisty actress packs a stiff punch, and co-star Ryoo Soo-yeong, who is playing her ex-boyfriend, can testify to it.

"It's the first time I have been slapped so hard that my cheek got swollen", said actor Ryoo, 28, who was slapped over 10 times by actress Lee while filming a scene.

In the scene, Ryoo's character returns after going M.I.A. for six years and expects his girlfriend to welcome him back with open arms.

"But in reality, if someone came back after six years and asked to move back in, I think he would get hit too", said Ryu.

Actor Ryoo proved he could do comedy in the KBS drama "18 vs. 29" (2005). In his new role, he plays both ex-boyfriend and rival to actress Lee by taking on the role of opposition divorce lawyer representing the wife of actor Lee's character.

But don't be fooled by the title or the presence of lawyers; this drama is not a Korean version of the hit U.S. series "Ally McBeal".

"It is not a genre drama about lawyers", said director Yoon Jae-moon. "It is a romantic comedy about four people ... Since it's hot this summer, I want to do a drama that makes people feel refreshed".

For those a little tired of all the superheroes whizzing around on the small screen, e.g., of SBS' "Iljimae" and KBS' "Chil-woo", this romantic comedy may be just what the doctor ordered.

"Daehanminguk Byeonhosa" airs tonight at 9:55 p.m. on MBC.

By Jean Oh

Source : www.koreaherald.co.kr... ( carre_gris.gifEnglish carre_gris.gifKorean )

Guest piano_lady

Episode 03 is airing in a few hours!!!

Something funny courtesy of dcinside

9133922c.jpg

89778bd9.jpg

5400f324.jpg

c7ebfc53.jpg

YK in the office

Clipboard16-2.jpg

Looks like the staple food in this drama is jjajangmyun!

Clipboard17-2.jpg

Clipboard18-2.jpg

Clipboard19-2.jpg

The assistant of YK -- she played the role of the CEO in Rain's agency in Full House, right?

Clipboard04-5.jpg

Clipboard13-2.jpg

Clipboard14-2.jpg

Clipboard15-2.jpg

Guest yeohweping

Lawyers' full OST wma links is up on the first page.

1.do not take any translations on the first page without credits.

02.Never ask for MP3 links of the ost as I'll only post out the wma links.

Guest acemaverick

hweping Jie, i want MP3! hahaha...

*runz off chuckling*

kidding! thanks sooo much! oww love the ost! one of the best! on par with Gourmet for the recent shows

Guest lovemod
Guest piano_lady

Lawyers' full OST wma links is up on the first page.

1.do not take any translations on the first page without credits.

02.Never ask for MP3 links of the ost as I'll only post out the wma links.

Thanks for the OST! I agree with acemaverick! It's really good and one of the best around!

Basing on yeohweping's links on the first page, I've DLed the files, renamed them accordingly, zipped them together and uploaded them to MU (27.68 MB)

Here's the linkie: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFC6DE8L

Guest acemaverick

when i was staring at the Gala Premiere tix of Daisy, i saw this familiar face.

the more i look the more suspicious i got.

then i went to check on the thread. and i just realized. Lee SungJae was one of the leads in Daisy!

Guest puppyiz

* my delayed reaction *

Thanx so much for the OST link piano_lady ... it's Oo Ri Soo Young ssi !?! HAHA ~ tHIS I gotta see ..Soo Young ssi playing a lawyer !! :woot:

OMOOO where have i been lately..need to update myself right away

Guest piano_lady

hey pupz!! great to see you here!! welcome, welcome, welcome!

don't worry..there's time to easily catch-up since the drama debuted only last week..

episode 03 is currently airing and you'll see all the lovely caps soon!

acemaverick, i like LSJ in Daisy (one of my fave movies) where he played a detective/police officer

but he's playing a totally diff role in this drama..

hmm..I think I like him better here ;)

Guest ovette

i love the pictures where theyre all ready to cheer for the red warriors! looked like they were so enjoying the photoshoot!

grr... wasnt able to watch EP3.. . :(

Guest puppyiz

*Phew* So glad to know that this drama just debutted....

piano_lady my heartfelt thanx to you for the heads up dear !

It's been such a loooong while since we last saw SooYoung ssi in BADCOUPLE !

< Aaah ~ I doubt anyone could 4get that dashing smile of his ... not forgetting that ..that.. hairstyle too !! * melts * >

Obviously, i am overly anxious at this moment ... & my download speed's gonna drive me up the wall again ! Waaaaaa ~ :wacko:

Smile for me Soo Young Ssi ~

Archived