[THE OFFICIAL] Taeyang 태양 Thread

Guest shinhdeplol

Guest toozdae08

I want to know what Jihye unni said, I adore her and think she's gorgeous

My views on IU with YB, I had posted this on ibb.

While I personally would have preferred Boni (cause she’s amazing), she isn’t as well known as IU. Seo In Young would have been awesome but she sings more ballads than R&B, IU has the voice for R&B too. I’ve heard her covers of BB and her cover of INAG, and she has the ability to make it hers. It’s not her fault that her company has her singing bubblegum pop when she could be singing R&B. If they had to pick a fangirl, she would be the best choice. Girl is talented, very talented but so happen to be in love with YB. While I don’t ship this (mostly cause of the age difference, 5 years O_O), I would have loved a duet between those two ever since I heard her INAG cover.

Guest melo.breeze

ha, yeh, INAG remix ftw !! i think she's a perfect fit to be a guest, before her company had her doing bubble gum pop she was heavily rnb/ballad based, but knowing the state of kpop, her company probably decided to rework her overall image(her tamia and sixpense none the richer covers were insane). but something tells me INAG remix isn't going to be the case here anyways, i just can't see her doing the entire choreo ... LOL ! (unless they're going to do some sorta sit on a stool looking at each other lovingly whilst singing sorta thing) she'll probably be like an opening act or something if you ask me, but a collab would be so awesome. as for age, eh, don't mind the 5 year gap, when they get older the gap would hardly even seem like it's there. i.e. a 30y.o. going out with a 25y.o. sounds a lot more natural than a 23y.o. going out with an 18y.o. the latter isn't even bad either.

boni would have totally been awesome, but i myself am not too familiar with her(if it wasn't for her covering taeyang, i'd doubt i would even know her), so i don't think it would have gathered as much attention anyway.

Guest sw8et_vietgurl

21 Korean music industry experts rank top idols

A group of 21 Korean music industry experts recently came together and participated in a survey that picked the best of the best idols in a variety of categories.

With idol groups taking over the music market, it’s an unending battle on the internet, between netizens in deciding which idol has the best vocal talents with the use of MR (Music Recorded) removed videos to potentially help arguments.

The experts that participated are as follows:

Im Jinmo, Bae Soontak, Sung Woojin, Kang Taekyu,

Han Dongyoon , HyunHyun Writer Kim (Public Music Critics)

Lee Munhee (Public Culture Critic)

Yoon Ilsang (Crazy Park Writer)

Park Jin (Universal Music, Korean Music Executive Director)

An Seokjun (Mnet Media, Director of Headquarters)

Kim Bonghwan (Neo Wiz Internet Bugs Music PD)

Kim Sangyoung (KT Music Contents Management Chief)

Kim Hyungjoong (Mnet Media MRookies PD)

Kim Sewon (KBS Radio PD)

Lee Daehwa (EBS Radio Music Director)

Jo Areum (MBC Radio Writer)

An Jaepil (EBS Radio Writer)

So Songgeun (CBS Radio Writer)

Kang Ilkwon (Rhythmer Editor)

Category: Vocal Talent

1. Lee Haeri (Davichi) – 19 points

2. Taeyang (Big Bang) – 18 points

3. Lee Changmin (2AM), Taeyeon (SNSD) – 15 points

Crazy Park, writer of MC Mong’s Bad Movie, stated, “Lee Haeri has a very nice vocal tone and is able to express any type of song with perfect tune pronunciations.”

Sung Woojin, public music critic, stated, “Lee Changmin has a singing style that lets you know he’s got the basics down. He’s able to take on a variety of genres because of that.”

Writer Yoon Ilsang stated, “Taeyeon’s also got the basics down and it’s not only vocally where she excels in but dance as well. She’s got the potential to try a variety of genres.”

Category: Dance

1. Taeyang (Big Bang) – 23 points

2. Kahi (After School) – 21 points

3. Hyuna (4minute) - 19 points

Lee Daehwa, EBS’s music director, stated, “Kahi comes with an extensive history and background of being a long-time backup dancer. Her charismatic image also helps bring out the flare in her dances.”

Kim Bonghwa, PD of Bugs Music, stated, “Hyuna has a tendency to focus completely on her dance. She’s got a strong, charismatic way of dancing that controls even the way her hair strands move.”

Category: All-around Entertainer

1. Jo Kwon (2AM) – 38 points

2. Lee Teuk (Super Junior) – 18 points

3. Heechul (Super Junior) – 9 points

Kang Taekyu, public music critic, stated, “Jo Kwon is born to be an entertainer. He’s like a machine where you can press anything and he’ll come up with something.”

Kim Bonghwa, PD of Bugs Music, stated, “From vocal talent to performances to witty statements, he’s an entertainer to the bone with nothing lacking. He’s even full of confidence.”

Category: Potential for solo success

1. Taeyang (Big Bang) – 6 recommendations

2. Jo Kwon (2AM), G-Dragon (Big Bang) – 5 recommendations

3. Lee Hongki (FT Island), Jonghyun (SHINee), Taeyeon (SNSD) – 2 recommendations

Lee Munwon, public culture critic, stated, “G-Dragon tends to directly show his influence in the songs he writes, but he definitely has the presence and uniqueness that can help him mature from an idol into an artist.”

Im Jinmo, public music critic, actually chose 2PM’s Nichkhun for his handsome looks and friendly personality while the executive director of Universal Music, Park Jin, chose Hyuna for her “endless charisma and talent and the way she works hard for everything. The start of the Wonder Girls fandom began with former member Hyuna.”

Source: Donga Journal

credit:akp

yay this is what you call legit ranking cuz experts surely know what they're talking about

they wouldn't be called expert for nothing

so happy for YoungBae

experts and critics surely love him

Guest juang_bb

i dont really care what other people say... im just happy that experts recognize TAEYANG's amazing talent!

one thing is for sure... CRITICS LOVE HIM!!!

oh... and im excited for IU!!! love her!

GDYB!!! my brother... too sweet!!! and they both topped the rank for successful solos at #1 and 2. so proud!! :D

Guest TheGeekInThePink

WHOA! Go Taeyang!!!! That's amazing, he did well according to these experts. A top spot in almost every category they spoke about. I wanted to read some of their comments about Taeyang, though.

Thanks for posting this~!

I'm happy to see Tae Yang's amazing talents recognized by those music experts because he definitely has the potential to do well in many areas. ^^ IU, luckiest Tae Yang fangirl, to be able to be a guest for his concert. I'm sure the girl is ecstatic. lol ;D The concert is coming soon for Tae Yang and I wish for nothing, but success ♥

Thnaks for the news

21 Korean music industry experts rank top idols

I'm so proud of him. I'm so happy that the music experts recognized him.biggrin.gif

and i'm so glad that the rank based on music critics.

Han Dong Yoon (Public Music Critics), the “Taeyang dances and sings live on stage. At the same time, he represents change and development in the music industry, which is further motivation”. He felt confident about Taeyang. Kang Ilkwon (Rhythmer editor), “Taeyang represents R&B music with a distinct groove, he is of the country’s singers that has been the most well-represented to others”.

Source:Donga Journal, AKP

Thanks to Kays@alwaystaeyang

Fanvid of the combination of I'll be there performances. ^^

I`ll Be There - Taeyang

Thanks 2headache@YT

s06-1.jpg

credit: DCYB

Bigger

f0013997_4c7c2c08d23a3.jpg

credit: DCYB

---------------------

SCHEDULE for this week

1-5 Sep.  I saw YB's name in everyday but i didn't understand Korean. (maybe MCD,Music Bank, Music Core,Inkigayo) sweatingbullets.gif

z0124.jpg

source: YGbigbang

Schedule

태양 스케쥴 업데이트 9.1: MBC개국 축하방송 / 9.2: MnetCountdown / 9.3: KBS MusicBank , 한국방송대상 / 9.4: MBC MusicCore (한류콘서트 녹화분) / 9.5: SBS 인기가요

thx YBManiaOfficial @ twitter

1/9: MBC개국 축하방송 (don't know what it is)

2/9: Mcountdown

3/9: Music Bank and another award show (Korean award or something?)

4/9: Music Core (something about Hallyu concert)

5/9: Inkigayo

I'm so proud of YB <3 He deserves all those praises from the critics~

He's a TRUE performer. He can sing outstandingly and dance at the same time

too. He puts emotion into every performance. Really admirable for an artist =)

This made me so happy =) And def. He's capable of going international =)

^^he's gonna be so busy this week! i think MuCore will air the Korean Music Wave Incheon.

GDYB Love for Chocolate! the performances are amazing as usual but i think the backup singers during the INAG performance was kinda off. it's still cool because i think they are wearing the Solar shirt.

i'm happy that a lot of people specially music critics are recognizing his talent and potential as an artist. he deserves all of these good praises. he is an outstanding artist who never fails to give superb performances. i'm just happy because whatever happens, he is staying true to his music and his passion for his craft. keep up the great work!

thanks for all the links and pictures!

another busy week for Taeyang...

9/1 MBC Anniversary Celebration Broadcast

9/2 Mnet M! Countdown

9/3 KBS Music Bank

Korean Broadcast Awards

9/4 MBC Music Core (Korean Wave Concert)

9/5 SBS Inkigayo

Thanks to silly @ Always Taeyang and YBMania

i think Shaun and another ML choreographer will be in Korea this week to prepare for his concert. Take care Taeyang and do still have a good rest. :)

Guest toozdae08

^

Honestly, can one man be any more adorable? NO!!!

Even with his glasses on I can still imagine his eye smile. YB is <3

Hope he has time to rest considering BB is also doing that drama thing and that tourism thing and I hope he can at least make a cameo. Baby is working hard.

YT links

TaeYang @ KJE's Chocolate (Aug,29,10)

Where u at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jXm9cDQ1js&feature=mfu_channel

I need a girl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwbTl-VYJt0&feature=sub

I'll be there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAZy8BpyKtc&feature=sub

thx CrazyCarrot350 @ YT for the upload

can someone please post the interview link from KJE's chocolate? i found a few, but they are in very LQ :[...

Solar/TaeYang ♪♪ THANK YOU Wallpaper From YG FAMILY

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3956/specialwallpapertaeyang.th.jpg"]wallpaper

Via YG엔터테인먼트

Taken from TeamBIGBANG

i got the email from YG but i don't understand because i remember reading somewhere that the wallpaper will have our names on it or something...when you zoom in, you'll see a lot of korean characters on the background but are those names? i really don't get it ):