[THE OFFICIAL] Taeyang 태양 Thread

Guest shinhdeplol

Guest shinhdeplol

Solar/TaeYang ♪♪ @uvsyndrom Twitter Photos Update:Taeyang's Talent Scout & New Choreographer

ybtw.jpg

Did you hear the rumor that,upon the retirement of grandma Hwang Bok-soon,she will become a talent scout at YG? The rumor is true because Taeyang is one of granny Hwang Bok-soon's kept secret.

ku3z.jpg

The truth is out there!UV is assigned as TaeYang's choreographer!!Taeyang will confess the tortured past!! Everything will be revealed today at 18:00 on Mnet!!

Taeyang's facial expression while he's watching UV dances is EPIC!LOL

Via @uvsyndrom

Taken from TeamBIGBANG

Guest 5H0RTYY

Making of I'll be there - Taeyang part.1

Making of I'll be there - Taeyang part.2

O_O the set is incredibly amazing! YG did go all out on YB. i spot Teddy eheheh <3

did you guys saw YG fanning YB? so cuuute <3 YG is such a nice CEO :) - didnt know he had a tattoo o_o

the part where he sang IBT karaoke style is hilarious! ^__^ YB ur so cuute <3

anyways i hope someone will translate the talking parts.

UV - Tae Yang

LOL what kind of show is that?! XD when the guy "changes" the dance for INaG & when he told YB to pronounce girl differently ahahah

Taeyang, "I'm better at singing sad songs" [NEWS]

"To produce music that can colour their lives is my goal."

Sorry to cut your post short - anyways, I really like that quote. YB just uses beautiful words to describe things, it's like poetry. ;D I actually like his sad songs more, I just love the way he is able to capture that sad feeling through the emotion built in his voice & the expressions he makes. Nonetheless, I think he still does an awesome job at singing sweet, love songs.

'Making of I'll be there - Taeyang part.1

Making of I'll be there - Taeyang part.2'

YB looked so cute wearing those fangs. lol Every time he smiles, I just want to gush about it - his smile is just too lovable & those smiling eyes ♥ The YG family relationship is so adorable.

Guest jason-pal

hey everyone! im a fanboy of taeyang's and i decided to design my hair to show my love for taeyang lol.

hey everyone. not sure how to post this but im from vancouver canada and this is how much i like taeyang lol. hopefully it can be featured in relation to a taeyang article coming up on a website? lol i even got his deluxe album. he is one amazing artist. just showing some yg bigbang taeyang love lol. hopefully taeyang and the yg family can see it.

http://twitpic.com/2k5603

http://twitpic.com/2k54cv

http://twitpic.com/2k53go

TAEYANG SOLAR HAIRCUT DESIGN

please credit:

jasonpalmero

as well as

echan photography

969Media

marvinsoriano

http://twitter.com/jasonpalmero

follow me for more kpop hairstyles lol.

what group/artist should i do next? i recently did a 4minute one as well.

[100908] UV - Tae Yang

Taeyang's confession: "UV, my choreography teachers" [NEWS]

NOTE: UV is a duo composed of Yoo Se-yoon (a gagman) and his friend Muzie (hip-hop musician). With Yoo Se-yoon, I'm guessing UV Syndrome is sort of like a comedy show. Here's an article on posted on Newsen related to the show:

After making a fake documentary, 'UV Syndrome' reveals the many faces of Taeyang and their secret relationship.

Taeyang said that in reality, UV members are my choreography teachers, which is something he hasn't disclosed before. He also said, "UV is still shy about this, they asked me not to make it known to the public."

Taeyang, who reminisced about the past, revealed the letter of recommendation from UV to the production team.

After 'UV Syndrome', UV recommends to continue the show with 'Taeyang Syndrome". Taeyang expressed, "I don't understand him myself. What do you think?" He smiled.

In addition, Taeyang also relayed that after UV's retirement, he plans to use huge amount of money to recuit Hwang PokSun(?) to YG as cody.

Source: Newsen

Chinese Translation: kati @ BBChina

English Translation: J-Lene @ www.bigbangupdates.com

Taken from: Big Bang Updates

Taeyang’s Interview with 10Asia – Part 1

20100908080437786352.jpg

Taeyang, who is infinitely close to the Sun | Writer Kang Myoungseok

“Youngbae is really not that kind of man” said Teddy, who composed Dong Young Bae aka. Taeyang’s “Look Only At Me”. Taeyang is not a bad guy who says “Even if I cheat, don’t ever cheat” like “Look Only At Me’. It’s true. Taeyang is not that kind of person. He has never had relationships, and is still awkward when he appears on entertainment programs. Even on SBS ‘Heroes’ that is full of female idols including IU, he just sang quietly and then left.

Instead, he likes music. Until just recently, he has only been working on his new album <Solar> in the studio. He wasn’t satisfied with the album made like that, so he changed it and redid over half of the album with new songs. How can I believe that? He ceaselessly talked about the working process of the new album <Solar>, the songs and the stages throughout this interview. Even Taeyang’s first solo album <Hot> received praise from critics, which had a common consensus. In <Hot>, he knew how to harmonize his polished sound and vocals, and conveyed the feeling of R&B, rather than tones of R&B vocals.

Taeyang style, (is one) that is understandable only with music

Different from ‘Look only at me’, ‘I Need A Girl’ focuses on the consistent expression of the sensibility an artist seeks.

<Solar> dug deeper into the music he likes so much. Seeing only the weight of single songs, ‘I Need a Girl’ of <Solar> is difficult to beat ‘Look Only At Me’. But <Hot> was amazing because a member of an idol group assimilated the feelings of polished R&B enough to be one in a million in Korea. On the other hand, <Solar> focuses on the consistent expression of the sensibility an artist seeks. The matter (music) was altered from styles of genres and vocals into how to control rhythm and rhythm, tune and tune. ‘Look Only At Me’ was made by close-woven sounds and despite there not being room for variation, Taeyang sun along the rhythm. But the sound of ‘I Need A Girl’ is simple enough to seem empty. Playing the keyboard is all ‘You’re My’ has. Taeyang has to do his part to lead the song. He varies his vocals between rhythm and rhythm, tune and tune. It’s not purely accidental that songs from ‘Solar’ to ‘Breakdown’ – he said they are songs made again after changing the former album – keep a medium tempo first and last. Among the loose rhythms, Taeyang leads the songs in his own way.

For a musician who sings well, this is not a talent show. Except for ‘You’re My’, <Solar> doesn’t have ad-libbing a lot. He just proves his capability by changing tones as naturally as he seems nonchalant. Instead, he draws a detailed picture of what he wants. It’s something like an atmosphere, that the delicate rhythm creates, as much as it might just as well be called ‘elegant bounce’. The pleasant bounce, that is connected from beginning to end. Or the connected rhythmic sense, which is danceable even with a lyrical melody in an undertone like ‘Move’. It is not just a bluff that Taeyang said his musicial goal is “doing music that is hopeful in the mornings and comforting at nights”. Like his own ideal, digging between a beat and a beat, he has built the bounce, the melody and the style that only his voice can make up. He has completed his own style that anybody can understand just with music, through his own voice.

20100908080437786351.jpg

The way idols will walk, that is not easy and not close.

But the achievement Taeyang reached might be his dilemma. We can enjoy the stages of ‘I Need A Girl’ when you accept his “elegant bounce”. The rhythmic sense, which makes us shake our bodies from beginning to end of the song without stopping for a moment, results from what Taeyang’s vocal and percussion are when combined. We should know and feel why Taeyang does all those small gestures with hands, instead of flashy dance steps. Like JYP’s evaluation that “He plays with beats”, Taeyang has shown how unique rhythmic sense he has in ‘Where U At’. While common dancers adonized theirselves by cutting movements, Taeyang has shown numerous movements with keeping the song’s rhythm like stretching and reducing a rubber band. But he doesn’t dance like that any more. Instead, he melts them into the choreography like a musical. In ‘I’ll Be There’ the song he’s doing activities with, rather than flashy technique, he becomes a part of the huge picture made from the stage concept like a horror movie, and does just necessary movements. It’s like a gamble. In Korea, people are not fanatical easily about songs and stages if they are not melodies that catch the ear from the first, titillating electronic sound and if they are not technically easy, where we would know their (the music producers) skill even if we see only one cut. <Solar>’s sales volume was good enough for 30,000 copies of the deluxe edition to be sold out. But the result of online music was somewhat, sorry to say, that it was as expected. Popularity and musicality, or the distance between a musician who has his own world and an idol who looks at the public. Now Taeyang might be an idol who is not easy for the public to approach.

However, the reversal. <Solar> has hit the iTunes USA chart’s top 100, and took the No.1 raking on iTune R&B/Soul album chart in Canada. Foreigners who became fans from ‘Wedding Dress’ by dancing his choreography, have shouted for <Solar>. To them, Taeyang’s songs, which stake his all on detailed sensitivity and bounce, may be popular all the better. Isn’t the place, that his mind and the public fancy coincide, the position he’s in now? An idol, who does music well, but has no talent for entertainment. A musician, who is the most famous idol but sticks to his own color. The protagonist of the unique success, who let overseas fans know himself with the music that has received lacking responses in Korea. What is waiting for him, on the way of this earnest youngster, who is there like he is anywhere but no where like the sun (note: The ending is some quote that makes no sense to me – Kay)

Original Here

Translations by MYOKOON@ALWAYSTAEYANG

Take from: Kay @ Alwaystaeyang

Taeyang, "I'm better  at singing sad songs" [NEWS]

Taeyang’s Interview  with 10Asia – Part 1

I'm so proud of him  and proud to be his fan. I love him more and more. :wub:

Can't wait for the interview with 10Asia Part 2 .

My favorite parts :)

"To produce music that can colour  their lives is my goal."

"his musicial goal is “doing music that is hopeful in the mornings and  comforting at nights"

--------------------------------------------------------------

bb25711.jpg

Credit:나무그늘, bigbangpop

:lol:

201009091284041119.jpg

201009091284037044.jpg

Credit: pingbook

Guest toozdae08

Wow, I really like the 10 part Asia interview.

What it had to say was so true. I mean, love YB to death, but he isn't much of an entertainer. He's really shy, quiet and awkward when not dancing or singing. Half the time he seems lost in his own world - that's one of the reason I like him so much. I really can't wait for the rest of the interview, I hope it's more indepth and ask better questions then the last Asia interview cause that was a little lacking.

Taeyang’s  ‘Solar International‘ breaks new ground as it will be the first  ever K-Pop music release to be sold worldwide on iTunes as both an audio  and video album. The audio version (complete with a digital  booklet) hits iTunes stores on August 25th while the video  version (bundled with bonus, behind the scenes documentaries) will  arrive by September 10th.

Credit:DCYB

September 10th :D

Guest toozdae08

^

The only person he has ever been rumored to has said is his ideal type is Wonder Girl's Yoobin in some show but it was edited out for some reason (a lot of things were edited out in that show compared to the preview). This was back in like 2008 or so. Other than that he has never mentioned names.

^

Thanks, yoobin really? never really thought them together..also don knw if ther personality would match for a couple, think he only said her cause ther friends ??