Painting Nails Using Left Hand!?!

swtxcupcake

so hard :(
Does anyone have the same problem as me? I can't paint my nails on the right hand using my left hand. This is the reason i never paint my nails by myself. Since i dun work at the nail shop anymore no one paint my nails for me xD. I need sum tips >..<!

Guest stardaisy212

maybe you can try to practice somehow

for me its the opposite because i'm a lefty

but somehow it looks ok when i do with my right hand on my left

Guest macchiato!

my right hand actually looks better most of the time, lmao.

i guess because i used to paint them a lot when i was little.

:ph34r:

Guest mopwns

when I paint my right hand,

I dont move my left hand,

but instead I move my right hand.

so the brush stays in one position,

while the right hand is the one moving.

=D

maybe that'll work for you?

Guest EauDeAnnie

I have that problem also. I would just do it really slowly and like people say, practice makes perfect. You'll get the hang of it if you keep on doing it. ^^

Guest tarobun

I used to have this problem a lot too but my friend told me that after your nail polish has dried, go for a hot shower and just scrape the polish on your skin off! It should work unless you have some sort of extra resistant nail polish :)

Guest miss adorablexd

JUST KEEP PAINTING YOUR NAILS!!!! LOL

i paint my own nails all the time cause doing it outside is waste of my money since i love NAILS! lol

and it makes me happier when its my own nail and i do it pretty too. lol

so back to the topic

i keep my right hand really still and my left hand would be the one thats moving. (im a rightii)

Guest daehanminguk1345

Well, I'm right-handed, so when I paint my right hand fingernails (obviously with my left hand), I just take care to spend a lot more time with that one than when I paint my left nails. Painting slowly definately makes all the difference in the world. For me, anyway.

Guest xmsznavee

thats the main reason i hate painting my fingernails

my right hand looks so bad afterwards

i usually start over 2 or 3 times or take it all of and give up :sweatingbullets:

Guest nanshi

Practice. AND a good nail polish might help too! Good nail polishes (like OPI or Sally Hansen or Nicole) tend to go on a lot easier and smoother and leave less "room" for mistakes and don't need touch ups as much.

I just practice a lot and one of my favorite tips (even though a lot of people do it this way and it's pretty self explanatory) is to start painting from your pinky and make your way around to your thumb/index finger. If you start painting from your index finger, as your hand moves, it'll be more prone to rub into the nails you've already painted.

Guest Aestas

keep it limited to 3 strokes max... first the left, then the right and then middle. or else if you keep painting it over and over, it will be thick and you will have streaks.

also, try to push the skin away from the sides of your nail using the table... like if you are going to paint it on the left edge of your nail, then push the skin away on the left side by moving your finger a lil to the left on the table.

Guest bonbons

lol just keep practicing, you'll get it =)

i started doing crap on my right hand nails, now I can paint detailed flowers with my left hand on my nails...

Archived