What Laptop Do You Have? Post It!

Guest chocolateturtle

LOL... here goes. Anyways, so I bought a Sony Vaio a couple years ago and got the best warranty with accidental coverage. I sent it in a few time because of a faulty headphone jack which they just could not seem to fix. They finally replace it but with a different part. Different jack colors annoyed me. I want it be OEM you know? :P So far, 2 repairs. I send it in again because the DVD burner starts becoming a hit or miss situation. They send it back with some beat up drive... I kept my Vaio in pristine condition (no joke). Now I'm pissed cause the thing looks all beat up and it has slower burn speeds than the previous. I look it up to find out it's from a Vaio older than mine... Awesome. I snip one of the prongs in the DVD burner and take it back for repairs so I can use my No Lemon Policy.

A little while later I get a call and they say come in so an associate can help you find a replacement. They point me in the direction of $700 laptops... mind you, two years ago I spent nearly 1800 for mine. The ones they offered didn't even have dedicated graphics. :( So I asked if I could just get one I wanted and pay the difference. That's where my plan came into play. Haha, it was hella busy and this employee helping me was a super duper goody two shoes. He starts panicking cause all these people need help haha so he grabs the laptop and take me back to customer service where they are to do my exchange. I owe $700 difference on the laptop and he tries to tell the supervisor but he's busy too haha so he brushes him off and he tries to tell the other customer service people. They all treated him like a little kid. They are like yeah dude, we got it, whatever... There were two people working the customer service. I step back and let the people ahead of me go, so the guy that was supposed to help me is busy now, and i move over to the other worker who has no idea whats going on. She asks me whats the laptop for, I tell her it's my replacement HAHA, and she goes oh ok, and starts typing a bunch of crap. gets the manager to put his code in and she tells me i owe 50$ HAHA success.

funny cause if you read the receipt. i bought the vaio back in the day for 1,199+tax+warranty. and this laptop cost $1250

just doesn't make sense. she asked me if i wanted a warranty and i said no and got out of there LOL

Psh you still had to pay most of the amount! Im surprised you didn't buy a warranty after a experience like that!

In that case, I got a $700 upgrade for free. I paid about $730 for my laptop, after sending it back a few times I got a replacement that went for about $1500. With extras like HDtv tuner, office2007, big battery, etc.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vc1188

Lenovo 3000 N100

lenovo-3000-n100-notebook-pc-large.jpg

I THINK these are my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5500 operating at 1.66GHz, 15.4″ WXGA (1280 x 800) TFT VibrantView LCD screen, XP Home, 512MB of PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM, 80GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive, DVD±RW Double Layer drive, 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g) Wi-Fi wireless LAN, 1-year limited warranty

I've only had it for a year and a half, and it's already super slow, laggy, and just.... bad -__-

Lenovo 3000 N100

I THINK these are my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5500 operating at 1.66GHz, 15.4″ WXGA (1280 x 800) TFT VibrantView LCD screen, XP Home, 512MB of PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM, 80GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive, DVD±RW Double Layer drive, 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g) Wi-Fi wireless LAN, 1-year limited warranty

I've only had it for a year and a half, and it's already super slow, laggy, and just.... bad -__-

Hmm diagnostics.. spend $20 for 1gb of ram. DDR2 sodimm 1gb stick should work.

You're slow because you have so little memory. That and you built up junk (get ccleaner)

Guest reuniw

I used to have Toshiba laptop (forgot the model but it's in the Satellite series), but the screen cracked after about 6 months of use!! I will NEVER buy Toshiba again. Anyways, I have a Dell computer (not laptop) purchased 6 years ago, and which I've never ever had a problem, despite the fact I leave the computer on 24/7 and pretty much mistreat on a daily basis. Plan to purchase a dell again if it ever broke down. Highly recommend dell if you ever want to purchase a computer/laptop.

Guest jello24

i have a Compaq V2410 with 1GB upgraded RAM which is good enough for my purpose of chatting with people when im bored.

Guest aaandy

Psh you still had to pay most of the amount! Im surprised you didn't buy a warranty after a experience like that!

In that case, I got a $700 upgrade for free. I paid about $730 for my laptop, after sending it back a few times I got a replacement that went for about $1500. With extras like HDtv tuner, office2007, big battery, etc.

it was bestbuy's warranty. i'll never do it again! it's all third party repairs and it sucks.

i only had to pay 50$ of the 700 i should've owed for the upgrade.

Guest lucky_moon

I have HP, I brought it a year ago .. everything about it is good but need too much charge..

13959.jpg

13957.jpg

Guest kahska

I have the Acer Aspire 4720

img_27461_acer_aspire_4520_5_450x360.jpg

:mellow:

I need more RAM. D;

I have an Aspire 5315, it looks exactly the same and have 2gb ram :)

It is my first laptop and I like it so much to watch dramas and movies :D

Guest watcher

HP_6910p_Intel_Core_2_Duo_2_0GHz_1024MB_80GB_TFT14_1_DVDRW_Win_Vista_Business.jpeg

HP 6910p

almost 1 year old and still running pretty smooth :D

i feel like i have the honda element of laptops.. haha

Guest halcyondays

hp pavilion dv2120us, bought about pretty close to 2 years ago and still works decently:

DV2120.jpgdv2000_radianceangle.jpg

14.1'' screen

AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology TL-52 / 1.6 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

1 GB ram

120 GB hd

5 in 1 card reader

• 2 weeks later...

Toshiba Satellite A50

a50.jpg

specs:

intel centrino (pentium m 1.5ghz,intel pro wireless)

256mb ram

30gb hdd with shock absorber

dvd-rom

14"1 xga

srs trusurround

2 usb, i.link

lol! my first & certainly not the last! :P had this for almost 4 years now & it's pretty much obsolete already. all i can say is, this laptop's TOUGH! it's been on heavy duty all these years & i never had any major problems with it. :D

Guest negitoro

I just received my new Vostro 1310 for Dell a few days ago.

13.1"

T5670

2GB RAM

160GB HD

upload...o_1310_back.jpg

It's my first notebook. I'm a little disappointed though, the keyboard is really bad and it's going back to the depot for a replacement keyboard.

Archived