Skip Beat Live Action Taiwan Upcoming Drama

Guest shinhaku

lol :o is it time to edit the topic title a little? haha

i'm really loving the actress for kyoko and donghae so far; siwon always just misses the mark for me in his acting gigs

like. a little too suave. a little too cheesy;

i've never read the manga (i think the art style is a little "old") but the previews looked so good

that i started watching; can i just say the dubbing is like PERFECT? and gongxi's expression is like

on point manga style but not too slapstick funny. she's so cute too ^^

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I waited sooooooo long for this drama to start. Skip Beat is one of my fav. Mangas next to NANA, Paradise Kiss and Fruits Basket.

What I like: Donghae and Siwon are a perfect choice..they look totally like the characters from the Manga and they acting is not bad (Donghae is my bias since SuJu Debut *keke*) and Ivy is really cute and an awesome actress. She brought tears in my eyes in some scenens.

What I do not like....Well, because Donghae and Siwon cannot speak the language so they had to lip sync them ,.. I have to admitt it looks kind a strange oO

I enjoy the episodes so far. We will see how it goes :)

I think Ivy Chen is the perfect choice for this role. She's a knack for comedic timing; although her Gong Xi is hysterical and exaggerating, she's still adorable and relatable. It didn't take me long to warm up to Gong Xi (usually, I'm very picky when it comes to female characters). I've only watched two dramas that she stared in, Meteor, Butterfly & Swords and Skip Beat, but I like her in both of them.

I found Si Won and Dong Hae a bit lacking in acting, Si Won's dubbed voice doesn't help either. But they have good chemistry with the lead girl and their charisma as well as adorkiness make up for that. When I first heard Jerry Yan and Ariel would star in the drama, I was freaking out that they would ruin the story for me. As you can tell, I'm no fan of those two. It's nothing against them, just personal preferences. Yeah, so I'm very happy with the current casts. And I've been enjoying everything so much that I can overlook other ickiness of the production.

My favorite parts are probably Gong Xi's bicycle race to the store & Lian's looking up Shang on his phone =))

I was actually pretty excited by Skip Beat!--I thought Siwon and Donghae would pull off their roles really well. And so far, I think Donghae is doing the best job. I also really like Ivy Chen, but something's just not on par with her acting in this drama. Maybe it's the extreme exaggeration that's required for her character. This drama would be so much better if they took out the annoying cartoon effects and acted more naturally. I understand that this is based of the manga (loved it), but there's really no need for that many special effects and over-acting to make it look good.

Sorry for this late posting....I have been away on holidays for the past 2 weeks.

Below are the torrent links to the 2 episodes shown on 9/1 and 15/1.

BT DOWNLOAD ~ Episode 4 (hliang version)

episode4.jpg

Torrent file:

http://www.box.com/s/2r88jy7fmucyyfkybb9z

BT DOWNLOAD ~ Episode 5 (hliang version)

episode5.jpg

Torrent file:

http://www.box.com/s/hjl1kb2cb1k4alfjrf9k

Credit: bt.hliang.com

Man I'm totally loving this drama right now :) I wish they would just hurry up and air all the episodes right now! 

I really like Ivy Chen. I think she's doing such a great job in it. In the beginning I did wanted to cringe a few times because the acting was a little exaggerated and I don't like that, but now it's all good. Donghae is doing great in it too but Siwon, I don't know, maybe it's his dubbed voice that's throwing me off, hopefully he'll get better :) btw I actually thought it was Donghae speaking Mandarin until I read that it was dubbed o-o 

Guest moony8705

Does anyone know if a soundtrack is going to be released?

there's a piano/instrumental version of Super Junior M's S.O.L.O

that plays in the background in the first episode

and it sounds SO pretty

I think S.O.L.O was just released. Not sure what else was.

Guest Heaven11

Really liking this, she is soo funny, lol. In each situation she gets into, you keep thinking to yourself, what is she going to do next.

Guest toGETherONE

Anyone know the female vocal song title and artist in E05 when Lian stamped Gong Xi's merit booklet after his jog?

Got the title song~ 愛你沒有太多理由 (No Reason) - 貝貝 (from Roomie)

Found a download link at Koala's playground for S.O.L.O, if anyone still wants it. ^ ^

But it's not completely clean (there's a taiwanese radio host speaking in the end, but still okay).

http://koalasplayground.com/2012/01/22/download-for-the-opening-and-ending-songs-for-skip-beat/

Archived