►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest sjaikb

[Fancam] 110225 2NE1 at Incheon - Talk + Perfs

cr: wonderfulcrazyme @ YT

Western artists, producers turn to K-pop

When footage of The Black Eyed Peas’ will.i.am working with girl group 2NE1 hit national television last year, it was a defining moment for the K-pop industry.

Though the domestic industry had been enlisting the talent of overseas producers and composers for years, this collaboration took the whole situation to another level, not just in terms of exposure but also in terms of star power.

“Our side had an opportunity to meet will.i.am,” Hwang Min-hee ― PR Team Leader for 2NE1’s YG Entertainment ― said in a phone interview. “He saw music videos (of the girls) and said he wanted to work with us.”

The artist of the Grammy Award-winning hip-hop group met with the girls for three recording sessions in London and Los Angeles and churned out 10 tracks. Then, in early February, Black Eyed Peas tour DJ-and-co-producer Poet flew into Seoul with DJ Josh One to lay down some more tracks for 2NE1.

“This was my first time in Korea to work on K-pop,” DJ Josh One said via e-mail. “I was very impressed. YG’s sound and vibe seems to definitely stand out from everything else I have heard in Korea.”

Source: koreanherald.com

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sjaikb

vqhz0w.jpg

Big Bang, 2NE1, Se7en, Gummy, Goo hye sun, PSY, Yoo In Na YG family shooting for Nikon advertisement ..

34gln4x.jpg

Bom! She came!^^ Mind becomes warm~

Source: Hwangssabu's Twitter

cr:aa-chan

Guest sjaikb

2NE1 to perform at the Mini Countryman official launch event

Girl group 2NE1 officially endorses MINI, the brand behind the Mini Cooper, Mini Convertible, and Mini Hardtop. MINI introduced the Mini Countryman, its first crossover SUV car, in January 2010 at the Geneva Motor show. Sales began in September of 2010, but until now Korea has not officially seen the Mini Countryman.

Introducing the new vehicle, 2NE1 will perform at the Mini Countryman's official launch party. The event is scheduled for March 3, 2011 from 8:30 PM to 10:00 PM. The site of the launch party, AX-Korea, will also be the venue for Corinne Bailey Rae's first Korean concert, featuring IU.

On the poster for the official launch party, 2NE1 was listed as a special guest, along with the "New MINI family" and King Kong. The launch event is currently accepting RSVPs via telephone.

The poster for the event reads, "4 meters. 4 doors. 4 wheel drive. 4th model." Are you looking forward to seeing the four girls perform?

Source: YG Ladies

Article written by: Nielle@koreaboo

Guest sjaikb

110302 MINZY TWITTER

cr: YGLzeelisious

2NE1’s ‘Cat Minzy’ Photo Receives Much Attention

Seen in smokey dark eye makeup, 2NE1 Minzy turned ‘Cat Minzy’ has a face-off with a gray kitten on who had the best feline look.

On March 1st, Minzy posted on her Twitter, “Cat VS Cat mingkki ♥” with a comparison photo of her with glittering eye makeup next to the gray kitten. Her smokey eye makeup interested netizens initially due to how big and cat-like it made her eyes look. She also flaunted a more mature expression in the photo even though being a maknae in her group.

Netizens commented, “Her eyes look really widened. You can’t compare Cat Minzy with this cat,” “Her eyes are really bigger! Gong-maknae (Gong - Minzy’s last name, makenae - youngest member) is getting prettier,” “My unnie’s are amoung the youngest adults… ㅋ ㅋ cute”

Source: Nate News

Translations: nisaxo@gokpop.com

Guest qazxc

Avex sure has connections! Usually, artists get invited to Music Station only after they've landed in the Top 10 of Oricon. I have a feeling they might perform Fire because a while back, Dara said that they hope to debut in Japan with something like Fire so I think she was giving a hint unless they perform Can't Nobody English version instead (that would be nice since we've never seen that). Honestly though, I feel like it would be kinda awkward for them to sing in Korean unless they've translated Fire...English would be a little less awkward since American artists occasionally go on Music Station. Go Away is supposed to be their debut single but they haven't given a release date yet so this performance will probably be to promote the mini-album.

Guest NV4ever

2NE1 To Perform On Music Station BEFORE their Debut is HUGE~!!

Avex surely sparing no expenses for the girls, they knows 2NE1 deserves it ^^

these girls are gonna rock the stage and put the japanese audieces in awe of their amazingness kekeke

I CANT WAIT FOR MARCH 11 NOW~! Everyone go buy their japanese album to support the girls for their debut!

Guest lovebomvn

wow 2ne1 on music station

so happy

and I know artist can perform on music station if their single on top 10 Oricon

and our girls still not relase their single kekek

2NE1 TO PERFORM PRIOR TO DEBUT IN JAPAN

This is hot news,since I never or maybe

it is super duper rare for

a new artiste in a japanese market to

have a go @ Music station at first start.

I bet the girls are very excited

and anxious about

the performance & I do

wonder if they are going to

sing 'Go away' or 'Fire'. :wub:

On the side note,I laughed out

lout about HwangSsabu's pic

on Bommie. xD

Archived