►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

The To Anyone album has done well in that respect and they practically promoted one whole full album. How many groups can say that? If 2NE1 aren't doing as well as last year, then so be it. Hopefully they'll do better with their next album. I mean that's all their is to it. They only have one mini-album and one full album under their belt and the success they have achieved in so little time is amazing because I can't recall what group has been able to do that in such little time. Whatever their future holds remains to be seen. All we can do as blakcjacks is support them in anyway we can.

amen to this.

2009 was very successful year for 2NE1. not very many artists can claim they made such a wave on their debut year.

and for 2NE1 to follow that up, it is VERY DIFFICULT. But they released To Anyone album and promoted three tracks. whether or not To Anyone outsells the mini, they have marked themselves as a strong Kpop artist. they are fearless and one of the few artists who really separates itself.

of course, i would like for them to sell more, but as vulgarchic has said, so be it with the album sales they have now.

btw, i watched 2NE1 perfs last night. mostly the fancams and I can see Can't Nobody is getting a great reception. yesterday's performance of Cant Nobody was really great too. watch it and enjoy the girls. they are way too awesome.

why am i not worried? maybe coz the top album sellers are from the same company with huge following that such album sales is already accepted. ^^ those groups could throw any song and theyd sell those numbers. u know what i mean?

would u want that for the girls? and be like their fans saying yeah, our group is really popular, _____(insert the fandom) is really huge! of course, it's not bad. not bad at all, but all it is is simply fanaticism.

I am not worried because admittedly Fire and I Dont Care are catchier than the three title tracks yet the girls still manage to sell really well, and to make the songs popular. One blackjack shared that while she was in Korea she often heard the songs played on the streets, in shops ^^

compare this to Taeyang. truly, i super love INAG, Superstar, Breakdown, TIS, and hello there's the epic Wedding Dress, but he didnt even sell as well as the girls in Korea. Even with I'll Be There. i dont get it, really, but i just wanna put it as an example coz 2NE1 and YB music are both mostly Teddy-made, so why is 2NE1's music more popular in Korea than YB's? sorry Taeyang fans. he's popular internationally, anyway ^^ and i love him, ok? i just want to get a point across and well, he is who i can compare the girls with. maybe Se7en too?

Im thinking right now that perhaps VIPs who arent Blackjacks bought the mini coz it has Lollipop? Maybe, right? With that in mind, and knowing that To Anyone is purely 2NE1, then we should be very proud of the girls! What To Anyone has achieved, the girls can say that they have purely achieved themselves. when 2NE1 debuted, GD was seen a lot of times promoting them, calling them his kids. well, we didnt have that now. and im glad. not being ungrateful but 2NE1 has to be 2NE1.

I am not worried. from the start there were a lot of issues with this promotion like stations being biased, jumping on 2NE1 bandwagon, but keke, theyve all turned out stupid accusations blah blah. why? because i think theyve all realized that crazy as it may be, it can be done! some are even following it now by promoting 2 tracks off their album. also, they saw how much 2NE1 pumps the music business, both online and offline. not a lot of artists can claim that.

Im a proud Blackjack!

edit ^^

my favorite Bommie kind of everyday make-up is when they made those cookies.i think she was really pretty there.

and agree on Minki. she used to be more lean when they debuted, but now she's gone curvy. i love it! so sexy!

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NV4ever

i think part of the reason is because this month alot of artists are coming back! so sales gotta be split right, so i hope tat when the girls continue with their follow-up track sales will bump up more~~ also, i dont think hanteo counted all sales just the offline ...so it's not quite accurate. YG have their own website, and also Mnet distribute a large portion of the sales which is not counted in hanteo too. And many are buying online now, so offline sales are definitely lower.

I do get wat rukiie are saying~~ it's a huge problem right now in SK music industry. Tat's why so many artists are leaving to japan and promote overseas b/c people just dont like buy physical albums in SK anymore lol also technology is part to blame, and i dont think there's anything we can do about tat...at least not with just our efforts alone. It's something tat all record labels and music companies in SK need to really sit down and discuss.

And i think someone posted couple pages back tat the demographic of 2NE1's fans are mostly range from 25-35 age group, not teenagers tat will buy dozens copies. I think going steady is the way to go, and im sure tat YG is monitoring the market closely too so he will know if something needs to be done.

hey guys, been reading the updates on 2ne1 but i thought of leaving a message.

im really happy bout their comeback and all their accomplishments so far.

its not bad to bring up how their album sales were the past year but i think rather than

compare it to "to anyone", lets just continue supporting our girls and you know what, 2ne1's

comeback's a success considering there are a lot of competition in the industry- with all

the comebacks & new groups coming out.

2ne1 winning in the music shows is a proof that they're doing well. coz if it isnt then i believe

there's something wrong in here, lol. keep the 2ne1 pride! best of luck to our girls!

im a proud BLACKJACK! peace out! ^-^

Guest itszmaeee

I don't get this discussion anymore. This has nothing to do with 2NE1 or even 2NE1-related. I feel as if some are just here to discuss about the korean industry's problems etc. Actions speak louder than words. No matter how powerful and smart your words come out of your post in this forum, it won't get anywhere. This is a 2NE1 thread. I'm not bashing, but I just hope you guys let it pass through and let whoever is running the kpop industry decide. The korean music industry is IN korea. What can we international fans do about it? Nothing. All we can do is support 2NE1 and the groups that we love to the fullest.

2NE1 is 2NE1. There will always be a 2NE1 in years and years and years. There will always be the group 2NE1 that had made history in the year 2009 as rookies. Nuff said. Now let's move on.

Anyways, I thought I was alone about the whole Minzy thing. I don't want to say anything about it that might take offense on others. But she definitely have curves and boooobies [lol i hope that didnt sound too perverted hahaha].

AND THE GIRLS WILL BE ON INKI TONIGHT! YAAAY! Wonder what song they'll sing. The girls are only releasing the follow up track next Sunday right? They won't be performing until what? 1 or 2 weeks after the song is released?

Guest NV4ever

Dara just updated her me2day saying tat today's their goodbye stage for the album promotion~! soo soon~~ but at least the new track will be release next week, and our girls are gonna be back on stage again!! ^^ i want them to promote and performing for a longgggggggggggggggggg time :lol:

Guest itszmaeee

DARA ME2DAY UPDATE 102410

j67rcw.jpg

Baby-Rin said, "I'll try drawing Blackjacks!".. keke This is baby-Rin's last work of art that she drew yesterday on the KTX (a train) ke She made the facial expressions so cute keke These are the feelings of the leader who is always thinking of you ^_^ Today.. we're finishing promotions for our first album.. I had a lot of fun during that time! Today will be fun too!!! ^.^

23ixf8g.jpg

Whassup?!? ^.^ This is the Ssantokki that baby-Rin drew!!! She told me I ate a lot~ of carrots so she drew a big carrot for me! She also said I should eat them with a male bunny so she drew one in for me!!! kekeke She draws very well~! ^_^ We're getting ready for Inkigayo right now! See you later~!

translatedby:Elise@YGLADIES.COM

Guest pascale

Dara unnie said; "Today.. we're finishing promotions for our first album.. I had a lot of fun during that time! Today will be fun too!!! ^.^"

does that mean the follow up track will be a new song then, like we supposed?

can't wait for oct.31st to find out.

Today last stage T_T, will miss Can't Nobody, Go Away and Clap your Hands performances. The girls did amazing promoting those 3 tracks, and achieved a lot. We should all be proud of what they did because now their name is besides legends and top groups of kpop. I'll say fighting for the rest of promotion and i will support them, always.

Guest NV4ever

Today's the girls last stage for their triple-track promotions i think, b/c their new track comes out next week right~~

but i was hoping they'll have a special goodbye stage or something...maybe the timing is kinda rush, oh well the girls did a great job!!!

their stage is always the best for me :lol: Im always proud of my girls! 2NE1 IS THE BEST~!

Guest yushinoya

@rukiie

the sales figures that you've posted @ #34686, was that from Hanteo?

i thought Hanteo doesn't sum up all the album and digital sales?

how about the pre-orders that was announced before?

to be honest i don't really understand those things..even the posts that tazanya made before the chart thing..maybe because it is out of my interest (too many #s makes me dizzy! :wacko: )

YG got loads of experts to handle those things..and even if the thing that you are worrying about is really happening, we can't do anything about it..i can only buy 1 album..lol! even SNSD can't keep up with the GEE single sales i think..

the thing is, it's hard to dwell in this kind of topic because we are not sure if those digits and news that we read is accurate..we don't know exactly the amount of money they earn from their endorsements, from album sales and other activities..we can only assume..

kpop will still go on, but the trend will always change..and it will take effect not only to 2ne1 but to all the korean artists..

________

moving on...

although there's a new song (to promote) coming up, it's sad to watch their goodbye stage..

but i'm eff*ng proud because their 3ple-track promotion is successful..not to mention the record they made in inkigayo!!*clap clap clap* amazjjang!! :lol: :lol:

@rukkiee

yeah dude. you're right. they don't sell well. maybe they will disappear from kpop because they've been so unsuccessful. they don't also stand a chance at the awards and soon, yg is gonna file for bankruptcy because they failed to pay back the investment he had.

LOL. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Again, 2NE1 is doing very well. Successful, hot, rich--appreciate it.

Guest bluishme

love love their performance in music core and inkigayo..

it was a successful promotion for me.. i never noticed that it has been a month.

i remember the time when we are all craving for some news from YG.. then

when YG dropped the bomb... announced 2NE1's comeback.. everyone got so hyped up and started doing

different projects to support our girls..

their promotion was still short for me.. so i'm glad they will have a follow-up promotion..

they may not be able to surpass their 5-peat with IDC.. but that's fine with me because they set a

new record with inkigayo and at the same time with the 3-title track.. i am so amazed with what

the girls have achieved so far.. i sometime forgot that they just debuted last year..

2NE1 makes me so proud of being a blackjack..

people may hate our girls or us but that doesn't matter..

I will just continue to support our girls forever..

2NE1.. Fighting!!!

Blackjacks, Fighting!!!

Let's continue to support our girls with their follow-up song and future promotions and projects..

THE END OF PROMOTIONS FOR THE FIRST ALBUM.

This was kinda abrupt, isn't it? hu hu. Cant help being touchy seeing the girls deliver a wonderful, enjoyable perf. For the first time, in a Go Away perf, i was like woah for CL ^^ she was really good today, i think. Bom was smiling like something's up hehe and she put her arm around CLroo. ah, 2NE1 love ^^ *smiles*

I cant help but feel sad. Goodbye stage for To Anyone album! i cant believe it! so that perf of Cant Nobody yesterday was their last. and as for Clap Your Hands, i dont even remember. TT. i will miss those songs so much! and the outfits! i guess im also feeling a little touchy since i was looking for them to promote I'm Busy and/or Love Is Ouch. i cant believe it, TO ANYONE promotions is over TT but i so love this album, i want more!!!! *pouts*

on the other hand, completely new song. WOW!

now that we know that, im beginning to think it's an English song.

well, i really think that they should release one of those songs they recorded with Will.i.am.

perhaps just like with the previous, they will release digital singles first, then release the album with other great songs. this is what makes 2NE1 awesome. so many great songs in one album. i wonder what'll happen to Can't Nobody English version, though. hmmm. it seems like something has come up that made YG change some plans. hmmm.

I THİNK 2NE1 WİLL WORK FOR THEİR İNTERNATİONAL DEBUT AND THEY NEEDED MUCH MORE TİME FOR THİS MAYBE THEY ARE GOİNG TO GO US OR LONDON SOON I WANT TO SEE THEM MORE BUT İF THEY THİNK THİS İS ENOUGH...AND NOW I WANT TO SEE THEM İN AWARD CEREMONİES :wub: GOOD LUCK GİRLS

Archived