►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pumcake

HAVE BEEN THIS SHARED BEFORE? Someone (I forgot his name) interviewing Aimee Lee Lucas about Big Bang and 2NE1's personalities in real life. And the guy who was interviewing asked Aimee who's the cutest in Big Bang, and when Aimee was having a hard time to answer the answer she asked the question back to the guy and he said that Dara was the cutest among 2NE1. ^^ Hahahaha. Just sharing. :)

Here's the video:

Video credit: Kanauru

YG in Depth with Aimee Lucas ( HD )

Guest lovebomvn

The girls have reached 502,102 ringtones for Go Away!

That's mean they're #1 for ringtones sell ??????

Anybody tell me about that?

and how's about their album on Hanteo?

Last time they ranked #8 on Hanteo

WOW! 2NE1 CN is as usual entertaining! and LOL! at Dara's hair! lololol. I know she can always pull weirdest out of the weirdest hairdo but her hair today is JUST TOO FUNNY! I can't restrain my laugh.lol.

AND something is weird with minzy today. I could not figure it out. Is it her hair, costume or the way her hips swayed? lol. And love the look on CL when it' s the last part NANANA and the dancers came. And I love Bom and she's very energetic.blush.gif

AND HEY, I think this year 2ne1 will grab some major awards. I pretty followed kpop, and tbh just made a soompi account coz of 21.lol. And it's pretty predictable.

and 2NE1 is a disputed leader of kpop anyways. Hands down to them. 2NE1 rules!

CAN'T NOBODY-- Music Video of the Year

-- seriously? this MV  is a genius in the making! It's so good and the angle is just perfect! definitely my bet :ph34r: as of now around kpop nothing can beat how CN MV was made.

2NE1- Artist of the Year

--- them being the FIRST group to promote Triple Title songs and the three topping the charts and all won awards, and 2NE1 made history? who's critic gonna miss this? I'll lose hope in kpop if these girls won't grab this one. No drama, just talent. That's how 2NE1 rules and deserves this title.

TO ANYONE- Album of the Year

--- like my point at artist of the year PLUS every songs is jjang! it does not sound alike and give variety of music. All of the songs shaken kpop, and the album sales is humongous. It's the talk of the town ALBUM for pete's sake :phew:

GO AWAY- Digital Sales/Ringtones

--- close to platinum? are you kidding me if they won't grab this, and top all this song's year. GA is the number 1 right?

I'm not sure about Song of The Year coz honestly I have been wondering this all the while. GA is the one really topping the charts and has highest ringtones/digital sales but CN kept winning. I love CN and all but I just really wondered. blush.gif and if GA has many wins, it is possible this will be Song of the Year. Well, if ever that happen 2NE1 won Song of the Year, I will REALLY REALLY REALLY won't doubt the power of 2NE1 since.lol. it's not that i did anyways.

it's just my random muse coz I'm freaking excited as well as BIG BANG comeback and PSY's comeback. YG Family is awesome!:wub:

Guest evilgary

thnks for sharing the fancam

i am having the same thoughts that they would certainly be able to grab some of the awards this year

wohooo! i love the perf tonight!

i love the outfits sans Dara's hairstyle hehe

theyve got loud fanchants and they performed last too!!! ^^

ah i just love the energy that i had to DL it (thanks @semi-fly)

CONGRATS to the girls for reaching the 500k plus ringtone DLs

inching closer to that #1 spot

Guest itszmaeee

Someone from the other page mentioned about CN's wins.

That's what I was wondering about too. Go Away topped the chart, but CN kept on winning. Salllll good though.

BTW, the girls all look awesome on that mucore perf. I'm loving the outfit too. Black and white = blackjacks haha. Anyways I just realized Minzy seems to be gaining weight nowadays and i'll probably get put on blast for even mentioning this. But just a random thought while I was watching their perfs this past couple days. I still like the fact that she has meat on her. Before anyone goes "oh no! wtf are you talking about? you hater!" so yeah.

Guest pumcake

I was watching a reality show of F(x).

And for the next episode they went to Japan.

And I think they went to a record store..

And I spotted 2NE1. ^^

2NE1spottedinJapan-1.png

It's unfortunate but the girls arent selling as well as they were last year.

By the 6th week the mini album sold 56 000

we have just past the 6th week since the full album was released

and it hasn't reached 54 000 for sure because it would be 5th on the album sales chart

(SNSD's repackaged album sits at 5th with around 52 000 as of the beginning of september)

I was hoping the full album would fair better than the mini but it doesn't seem that way

if their follow up song is new and results in a repackaged album...

i don't think the full album will reach the 100 000 of the mini album

(it was at 90 000 at the end of 2009 and was released earlier giving more time for sales)

I know sales aren't everything but i'm really curious as to why the full album isn't going as well

usually full albums sell better than mini albums.

I think they focused too much on CN and noe enough on GA which is much more popular

CN is great for the english market but not as much for the asian market

GA has a rockish eat which is popular in Korea and very much so in Japan

If they start promoting It Hurts and Love is Ouch (Ah-Ya-Ya) then the album stands a chance

I think all the new releases recently are also impacting sales

it's harder to stay on top these days

this wasn't the case i think until summer hit and comeback and debutes were everywhere

Every week there is at lease 2 comebacks or debutes or follow up songs

during the first half of the year it was maybe every week or every other week there was 1

I might also be that there were only 6 new songs on the album which is kind of like a mini album

maybe its because they were gone for a year

What i'm really worried about is how all this investment made by YG will impact the next album the girls do

if the album isn't successful im worried about 2NE1's oppertunities

we may not see solos again for a while

maybe even their international and japanese promotions will be put on pause to work on the fanbase in korea

maybe they will be super busy and start releasing a bunch of stuff to make up the money?

i duno. i just hope it turns out well and that blackjacks start to buy again when they start follow up promotions.

What do you guys think?

(For reference: 2NE1's mini album sales)

http://i25.-/2m2z9r8.jpg

Source: asian angels blog (i have found the same chart in many other places)

Dara's Me2day

21dara128782887892195me.jpg

“오늘 초큼 우울해보이는 씨에루…ㅠㅠ 씨에루의 기분이 좋아지려면 어떡게 해야될까요?!? 우린 지금 ktx 타고 구미로 이동중~!ㅋ 씨에루는 쿠키를 냠냠! 아가린 ktx 첨타봣다고 촌스럽다고 내가 놀렷어요!!!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”

source: me2day/21dara

Translations

Today CLroo looks a little gloomy…ㅠㅠ How should I get CLroo to feel better?!? We’re on the ktx right now, on the way to Gumi~!Ke CLroo is munching on a cookie! Babylin said it’s her first time riding the ktx, so I teased her about how country-like she is!!! ke ke ke ke ke ke ke ke ke ke ke

CR ; fly like a GEE-6 @ YGLadies.com

Guest itszmaeee

2NE1 WEEKLY MUSIC AWARDS

2NE1 (17 Times)

2009 SBS Inkigayo 2 Weeks Mutizen Song (Fire)

2009 SBS Inkigayo 3 Weeks Mutizen Song (I don't care)

2009 KBS Music Bank 5 Weeks 1st (I don't care)

2010 KBS Music Bank 1 Week 1st (Can't Nobody)

2010 KBS Music Bank 2 Weeks 1st (Go Away)

2010 SBS Inkigayo 1 Week Mutizen Song (Go Away)

2010 SBS Inkigayo 3 Weeks Mutizen Song (Can't Nobody)

credit:allkpop

NOTE: The person that calculated the list on that one akp forum did not count M!Countdown since it's not fair for the other company that was not allowed to go to the music show and there was a feud before. Putting all the M!CD awards aside, the girls did pretty well. They are @ #6 overall [just right in between of DBSK and Shinee]. This isn't bad at all, but more like jawdropping. So guiiise rejoice again!!!

@rukii: As you said, sales really aren't everything, so I really don't pay attention to sale trends.  And while this album is officially a full album, since only six songs are new, I sort of view it as a hybrid full/mini-CD.  However, if you're worried about future investments into the girls, don't.  The digital sales of the title songs are actually doing great (from what I can tell) and the girls are rather hot commodity from a CF/performance perspective (both which rakes in more money since physical CD profits aren't as high).  The girls actually do well when they have solo and group activities, and both help build the 2ne1 brand equity, so I don't foresee any issues with both types of promotions in the future - it actually makes more sense for YG to do that.  And that's that.  :)

@JYCL: How cute is that!  Did CL dye her hair blond again?  I love her hair blond - it just fits her so well for some reason. 

Been lurking over the last few weeks, and loving everything that they've been doing.  I'm actually rather addicted to the song the girls were recording with will.i.am during ep 6 - that part of the show has been on repeat for me.  Also can not wait for the new song on Halloween - as much as I love the title songs, it's always fun to see what the girls bring out next.  I never get tired of being suprised.  :D

Guest la.la.la.la.la.la.la.

DARA'S ME2DAY

lqLMP.jpg

to make the 2 hour ride on ktx fun… CL started to draw. ke. we drew seal look alike miniki chaerin drew the right one i did the left one. the theme is seal minki riding the train! kk. which is everyone’s choice? we can only give one to minki! kikk. choose please!^^ (Translated by: winggers@daragon-hideout.com) / posted @ ohdara.wordpress.com

9Bm8f.jpg

This is CL’s green Bom!ㅋㅋㅋ with corn~!ㅋㅋ It’s cute, right?!? The otter Minzy picture was done a little while ago ㅋ *Something about her drawing while CL was drawing and this being her picture*!ㅋㅋ CL took my picture without me knowing! I don’t know if this is an important matter or not~!^.^ㅋㅋㅋ

(Translations by: aa-chan.net ) / posted @ ohdara.wordpress.com

@fyifly

but their sales aren't as good as last year

ringtones sales are comparable (GA vs IDC and CN vs Fire)

but on cyworld only GA has a bronze and it isn't even a high bronze yet

last year they made a gold a silver and a bronze plus their solos stuff

and their digital sales for CN aren't as high as fire

what i'm saying is if you compare last year's promotions

so far they are lagging behind

Even with TTFM considered.

I think there is still a slight cause for concern right now

i'm not sure if its the way sales are recorded

(which is something the Korean Music Industry needs to work on because GOAN is nothing compared to Oricon and Billboard in terms of accurate information and ranking)

or if the fans and general population are not impressed

i think the year gap made people anticipate something 2NE1 couldn't achieve in any way, shape or form.

Either way, i think their follow up rpomotions will be critical

and while i'd love a new song from 2NE1 i think promoting songs from the album would be better

i really liked that they did pretty boy, in the club, let's go party and stay together after IDC

That's what i'm hoping for I'm Hurt and Love is Ouch but who knows what YG is up to.

Guest darkaz619

@rukiie they are doing fine about Cyworld not a lot of people use Cyworld anymore because they switch to Twitter Facebook and other social network site there sales is still great just look at there ringtone sales 800K+ this year no other group or solo artist sale that much ringtone this year.

Guest itszmaeee

if you're worried about the girls not snagging the Album of the Year Award, then stop worrying about it. Don't stress yourself over the sales or how much the girls are earning in just a span of a 2 months or so comeback. If you're that worried, blame technology and computers. More people are buying the songs online and not much of the CD. The girls was able to get those sales for their FIRST mini album because it's their FIRST album ever. The ringtone sales is enough for me. It shows that a lot of people are actually paying attention to the girls. With the heavy comebacks coming from other groups and solo artists, don't expect the girls to always be on top. If they chart to #1, then they're #1. If not, then they're not.

Like I've said before, don't stress about the sales. I don't think YG will stop the girls' promotions or solos in the future just because they didn't reach the same amount of money [in 2 months] as they did last year.

If you haven't noticed, the girls have been going on offline shows and going to charities and all those things. YG is going all out with their 3 title tracks promotions before they go off to promote another track. Sure YG is a businessman and he forsure cares about money, but we all know that he cares for the girls too.

If reaching 500,000+ ringtone sales in just 2 months is not enough for you, then I don't even know what to say anymore. It takes months and months for other groups/solos to reach that sales. They're already @ #3 or the top 5 to say the least.

DON'T WORRY TOO MUCH AND JUST BE HAPPY (:

Archived