►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest toozdae08

^

Lol, Dara is too much. Did she actually get around to dating any of those boys -probably not if still had trouble speaking.

Can't believe she's so shy. Aww, makes me sad for her too.

@qazxc Joseph right? Yeah, they lasted a while.

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People please move on from that language thing, it can get messy if it continues :(

Awww the me2day from Bom was cute, i like their toys, i like seeing together :):D CL is back to brown, i wonder if Bom changed the colour of her hair as well. :P

Guest NV4ever

OMG~! Follow-up promotions?? Really? LOVE IS OUCH PLEASE! I love tat song~! no wonder the girls not gonna be on music shows this week, they're preparing for their follow up ^^ i cant wait~!

CL dyed her hair back to brown now! NOoo i love her blonde hair~! LOVE tat me2day of bommie, it's been ages since she last updated lol the girls looks soo kutee are they celebrating something? ^^

2NE1TV EP.6 WAS ALL KIND OF OSM~!! I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT ^.^ We have the YG family love, married couple and bomzy and their dates :lol: Se7en showing minzy and bommie how to MCing hahaha, seriously YG need to put Bom on some kind of show she's sooo funny lol even if i dont understand a thing i still cracking up seeing her 8D-ness :lol:

aww man only few more episodes left~! i dont want 2NE1TV to end...can we like petition for an extension? kekeke

i want 2NE1TV to continue all year long hohoho

Guest itszmaeee

after watching episode 6. I really want a scooter now.

YHAHAAHAHA I said the same thing too. The scooters looked cool on the girls. Lucky fans who got to see them roaming around Seoul [well not really] with those scooters.

Guest thesassygirl2

actually, both CL and BOM are the most fluent in english and they have great accents. BOM's accent is perfect actually, it's just less clear than CL's and she prefers to speak in korean while CL doesn't really care. while DARA isn't as fluent as the other two, her pronunciation is fine. she just has a very thick filipino accent is all. pinoys have great pronunciation, btw. what did you mean by that? lol^^ and MINZY has a better accent and pronunciation than DARA although she is the least fluent and hasn't formally learned english, like you said. she is learning tho. so it's all cool.

----------

btw, FOLLOW UP PROMO??? i vote Love is OUCH!!!! YG hear me out! keke^^

i'm pretty sure bom has an accent. i think her lisp makes it more pronounced, so it sounds worse than it really is. i didn't mean anything bad about dara having learned english in the philippines. obviously she will have an accent and some grammar issues because she learned english in a foreign country. i mean, kids in japan who go to eikawa for many years don't have perfect english.. same concept. yeah, i noticed that as well that minzy doesn't have as harsh of an accent as dara. i felt bad though while watching 2ne1tv because i could tell she wanted to be better during her recording w/ will.i.am.

people need to stop being so sensitive about issues like this though. i'm a diehard 2ne1 fan, but i'm not gonna lie and say they all have perfect english when they don't. i do think their level of english is superb for girls who weren't born and raised in an english-speaking country. i also have to admit my hearing is very sensitive, so i pick out accents/pronunciation more quickly than most people.. so that may be why cl & bom's english doesn't sound fluent to me when it does to others. i guess it also depends on what people consider fluent. i think of fluent as perfect. people tell me my korean is perfect, but i dont consider myself fluent because i know my korean isn't as good as someone from korea. you know? anyway, i can't believe this is starting a fight here. shouldn't fans just respect each other's opinions?

anyway, the only "new" songs left on the album "love is ouch," "i'm busy" and "hurts(slow), right?" I love "love is ouch" and "hurts(slow)". i've been totally hooked on "hurts(slow)" these days though. i can't wait to see what kind of concept they're going to come up for their follow-up promotions! i want them to redominate the market w/ their follow-up.

^ I dont think its right to compare schools in Japan with the ones in the Philippines since English is a language of instruction and taught in ALL public schools-- not like private conversation schools in Japan. And actually the Philippines isnt considered "foreign" since English is one of the official languages--thus making the Philippines an English Speaking country.

I'm not saying the girls all have perfect english either. Even aimee said Bom is kind of losing her english (which is why I was soo pleasantly surprised by how great she speaks in 2ne1 tv). And that one english interview they gave, CL kept saying the word "ballad" and it took me a good 3 times of replaying it to understand what she was saying.

I teach English to non-native speakers, yeah I'm a TEFL teacher (so old omg), and there's two very broad categories in which we judge speakers: accuracy and fluency. Accuracy has to do with how correct their english is (grammar wise) when they speak. Fluency has to do with how well they pull from their breadth of english knowledge (it may not be accurate, but they can, for example, be attempting really complex sentences). To be accurate does not always mean one is fluent, and to be fluent does not mean one is necessarily accurate.

So, just based on my analysis (as if I were grading my students), I would say Bom & CL are pretty fluent--able to handle the complexities of the language, able to answer and respond freely and easily, able to engage with native English speakers--AND accurate. The only difference is perhaps that CL is more vocal (which is also true when the group speaks in Korean so I dont think its an issue). Their accents are negligible--what comes across as being an "accent" issue in both of their cases isn't so much accent, but pronunciation. And it's not a clear case across the board--from what I can tell, it happens only in certain words. In both their cases, this most likely results from whom they learned their English. Clearly, English speakers in different countries (or within the same country) pronounce words differently.

In Dara's case, I haven't heard her speak a whole lot of straight English--just Filipino, which is a combination of both Tagalog and English (yeah turns out I'm Filipino too)-- so I can't really judge how fluent she is in speaking, but her writing seems to be just fine. I think she's accurate, but her lack of confidence (or shyness?) makes her less willing to engage in speaking. But having learned English in the Philippines, her grasp of it should be pretty strong. She does have a Filipino accent when she speaks english, but that doesn't mean she's not fluent or accurate.

Lastly, the maknae. She's definitely the least fluent of the girls, but I think she's accurate with what she knows. The reason why it seems like Minzy doesn't have a strong accent, as compared to Dara, is again, a result of from whom she is learning English. She does have an accent, but its just different from Dara's.

I didn't mean to make this an essay--but talking about non-native english speakers is like, what I do ^_^

Now moving on...

for their follow up track, I'd really want "Love is Ouch" or "It Hurts"--we had really strong songs from the girls for their comeback, so I would love for them to portray a bit of a softer side. Not saying I want them to go all like aegyo and super girly-girly, just to show a different side of 2ne1. :)

Guest toozdae08

^

You are 10 levels of awesome.

And I didn't know you were a teacher -that's so cool. Anyway plus one for you because I agree with everything you said.

However I do agree with thesassygirl2 that people can be a bit too sensitive here. Having a conversation with people or proposing an unpopular opinion shouldn't result in so many thumb downs. She was just sharing her opinion and it wasn't that harsh, esp the one she just posted.

thesassygirl2 - I guess you didn't put your words correctly when you are explaining the English Fluency.l As you can see (per my observation), that it sounded harsh. Just be more careful with your words later :sweatingbullets:

Ok enough with these argument and let's move on with the new promotion on November :wub:

Guest blackjackVip

i agree with some of the things @thesassygirl2 said.

regarding Bom.

i think she's fluent, but the way she speaks isn't clear.

it might be her mouth though... :mellow:

on the other hand, CL is very confident in speaking it, and she speaks it clearly.

and Dara is okay...

Minzy is so-so...

i know its hard to be fluent in another language ur not accustomed to, not just english.

i, as an example still finding it hard to converse in fluent english! lol

so it's understandable. :D

Guest itszmaeee

Oh who the heck cares if the girls are fluent in English or not! seriously.

Why should their pronounciations or language speaking skills matter when we all know that the girls help each other out when it comes to speaking and understanding it?

I guess it only depends on how you listen to them. At least their english combined is better than any other kpop group.

Anyways,

WHAT SONG DO YOU THINK IS THEIR NEXT FOLLOW-UP TRACK?

I hope it's I'm Busy or It Hurts!

Ballad is in nowadays anyway. So I don't mind if they come back with that kind of genre for their follow up track. I just hope YG won't delay it again. *crosses fingers*

Guest bluishme

i actually like them to promote all 3 tracks.. it hurts, love is ouch and i'm busy..

i think that would be a good way to creat curiosity and interest from the people.

at the same time.. it is a nice way to end their promotions..

start with 3 title songs then end with 3 songs..

the three songs really deserve to be promoted..

then we will also have 3music videos.. haha

Guest ssprod19

Oh who the heck cares if the girls are fluent in English or not! seriously.

Why should their pronounciations or language speaking skills matter when we all know that the girls help each other out when it comes to speaking and understanding it?

I guess it only depends on how you listen to them. At least their english combined is better than any other kpop group.

Anyways,

WHAT SONG DO YOU THINK IS THEIR NEXT FOLLOW-UP TRACK?

I hope it's I'm Busy or It Hurts!

Ballad is in nowadays anyway. So I don't mind if they come back with that kind of genre for their follow up track. I just hope YG won't delay it again. *crosses fingers*

I'm the one who asked the original question and was only curious because if they plan to make an impact in the American market, it will be helpful to speak English.. otherwise, how will they conduct TV interviews, etc? I assume CL and Bom will probably do most of the speaking. Even still, I'm sure their music and personalities will shine enough to grab the hearts of everyone who hasn't experienced the 2NE1 movement yet :)

@toozae--haha you must be wondering how its possible for me to be so active on so many YG boards if I'm supposed to be teaching. I'm not teaching right now...I decided to go back to school for some stuff, which leaves me open to stalk watch all the YG threads :)

^omg if they did triple promotions for it hurts, love is ouch, and I'm busy, that would be the most epic thing ever. I don't think it will happen, but the idea of it is still epic^_^

As much as I want "It Hurts" to be the follow up track, I actually believe its going to be "Love is Ouch." It just feels, at least for me, to be more promotable--its catchy and upbeat, but still a bit softer than their other tracks, which says a lot about 2NE1's diversity--they're not just a "one note" kind of group.

Guest lovebomvn

If 2NE1 promo It hurt,I'm busy,Love is Ouch,I think they dont have chance to win mutizen.

Maybe YG will relase repacked album for them with new song and new MV

Guest bluishme

v5zeix.png

2NE1 Follow-Up Song to be Released 10/31!!!

Finishing their final activities with their title songs, interest is building over 2NE1's follow up song.

Recently, Yang Hyunsuk had revealed to E-DailySPN in a call "The follow up song will probably be released on the 31st - Halloween." generating much excitement.

Halloween is a Western celebration where people dress up as devils, ghosts, witches etc. on October 31st. When asking whether the song had any relation to Halloween, YG responded, "I'm not sure whether I should say it does or doesn't." He piqued curiosity when he asked people to confirm it on the day (the 31st) through YG-Life blog.

Representative Yang stated "There were 6 new songs in 2NE1's first full length album. After completing their title song activities, choosing to do three songs was so that they could introduce as many songs as possible. The follow up song shares the same sentiments of course." as they showed strong willpower with powerful promotions for their three songs.

~omitted irrelevant information~

Meanwhile, 2NE1 has swept away the charts for cable music shows and several online charts with their first album released on September 9th and had great success with their activities. Starting on the 11th, they will enter into activities for their follow up song.

Source:

http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead...DirCode=0010201

Translated by GEE @ ygladies.com

Archived