►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest cristina0422

I still believe that YG won't allow Dara or 2NE1 girls on show with the concept like WGM. But who knows? Maybe he already gave in to Dara's constant plea (based on her interviews) to have a boyfriend even it's just for a show. kekeke.

But maybe it's for Taeyang's upcoming concert this September 25-26.

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yah, i dont think he'll allow the WGM thing. the girls scheds are gonna be hectic

something is posted in YG-life

what is it? something bout 2NE1tv. the player wont work in mine

edit:

v

oooh that cover is awesome ^^ thanks for sharing

and they're saying Dara for Se7en's Crazy MV is it? hmm, not sure if that'll sit well for some

but i hope she'll do great whatever it is. fighting Dara!

Guest bluishme

dara in a wedding dress?? haha...

fanboys will have a heartattack..

wonder what is that for?? hmmm..

since usually dara gives clues in her me2day..

i want to see CL and minji wear wedding dress.. but

i guess they are too young.. haha..

anyways.. they will have an announce on september 25?

cause i remember dara's me2day about having school thing

and it will be announce on the 25th.. hmm.. can't wait..

good to see them climbing up the charts... hope we can continue

doing this...we need to help them haha..

Mnet: 3,4,6 :D

anyways.. no mnet countdown today, am i right??

2NE1 on their album, other girl groups and dating

20100922_2ne1_01.jpg

2NE1 is definitely dominating the music market lately with their triple hit songs ranking in every music chart and maintaining its top position for over 10 days. The four ladies sat down for an interview with Star News to update everyone on their recent events.

- There’s been a huge reaction about 2NE1’s first official album. How do you feel?

Dara: I’m extremely thankful and I feel great. I often think that we’re blessed children, haha. I hope that everyone continues to enjoy our performances.

Bom: We worked hard on making this album to fulfill the anticipation of those that waited for us. I feel like our efforts have been delivered well so I’m happy.

- A triple track promotion is something that doesn’t happen often. Which song out of the three do you like the most?

CL: With every new song that we obtained, we realized that we wanted to show all of them on stage. We chose three songs in the end, but all three of them have such different charms and colors that it’s hard to pick just one favorite.

Minzy: Since we were on hiatus for a year, we wanted to show everyone various sides of us. I love all three songs, but if I had to choose, I’d pick ‘Go Away.’ It’s a very refreshing song that a lot of women can compare to.

- 2NE1 achieved outstanding results with your debut single ‘Fire’ and first mini album, ‘I Don’t Care.’ Did you feel any pressure while releasing your first official album?

Bom: We talk about this often amongst ourselves, but we like to take the pressure positively. Instead of just feeling it, we use it to motivate ourselves to work harder.

Dara: Of course there is pressure. But as opposed to feeling the pressure, we worked that much harder to deliver a new sense of joy to our fans. We, too, wanted to have fun as well, which is why we chose three title songs.

- Why did your first album take longer than planned?

Minzy: I believe it’s because we worked hard in making sure that we came out with a more perfect, completed image of ourselves in order to fulfill the anticipation that people had.

CL: It took a bit of time collecting each song one by one. Each song is not just a song meant to fill up space but a song that represents our first album. Taking that into consideration, it took longer than we thought.

20100922_2ne1_02.jpg

- During 2NE1’s hiatus, other girl groups have been making their way into the market. Weren’t you impatient?

Bom: We weren’t impatient, but we really did want to perform on stage. Still, we had to come out with good songs so we worked harder on our music production.

Minzy: I was actually glad. I feel great as a fellow girl group when I see other groups showing powerful, fun, and sometimes cool sides of themselves.

- In comparison to other girl groups, what do you consider your strength?

CL: Our music, of course. We trust our producer, Teddy oppa. I think it’s important for any singer to love their songs. We truly, truly love our songs which is why I think it’s easy for us to have so much fun performing.

Bom: I think individually, the four of us have different strengths.

- SNSD, KARA, 4Minute, and other Korean girl groups are working in the Japanese music market right now. Does 2NE1 have any similar plans?

Dara: Since it’s just our first album, I want to concentrate on working in Korea. Overseas expansions… that’s up to CEO Yang. ^^

Minzy: There are plans but nothing is official yet. I think it’d be great if we received an opportunity to do so, but we already had everyone in Korea wait so long for us. We’re just going to put our all into our first album promotions for now.

- You worked with Black Eyed Peas’ Will.I.Am. How was that like? When will your American album be released?

Bom: We were able to learn a lot. I felt that he was truly passionate about music. I think our American album will be released once it’s more carefully checked over.

Dara: It was a dream-like experience. Working with him didn’t feel like work but just play. He was so friendly and fun. Will oppa, I miss you. haha.

- Yang Hyun Suk (YG Entertainment CEO & Founder) cut back your dating restriction from five years down to three years. Do you ever want to date?

Dara: I’m honestly worried. If there were any guys around me, I’d consider dating, but there’s nobody. I’m about to become an old single lady. CEO~ Please introduce me to someone.

Bom: I’d like to date but I’d rather concentrate on 2NE1’s promotions… We still have a few years left. ^^;

20100922_2ne1_03.jpg

Yang Hyun Suk’s daughter was born at 2:01 and called her a ‘2NE1 jackpot.’ How did you feel when you heard this?

CL: It was surprising, but I also felt that he was concentrating on our album very hard as well.

Bom: I could feel his affection for us so I was happy but it also made me want to work harder.

- Is there anything most memorable about this album?

Minzy: Our YG family really loves 2NE1. All of them supported us by complimenting our songs and claiming themselves as our fans. What I remember the most is Yang CEO quietly shouting ‘fighting!’ before our first broadcast performance and quickly disappearing.

Dara: The day before our first broadcast, our CEO told us us ‘fighting!’ in a tiny voice and quickly left the room without even looking back. It was surprising but also touching as well.

- Any future plans?

2NE1: We will be seeing everyone on music programs with our three songs. We’ll be working hard to show fun performances so please have fun as well watching them. We hope that you give us a lot of love into the future.

cr: allkpop

I think that is for a photoshoot for a magazine, maybe. And the concept is wedding. ^^ I hope too, that it would be for We Got Married, but I don't think so. They're too busy for the promotions. :)

ANYWAY, have you guys voted for 2NE1 and Big Bang in Allkpop? So that they will be the background for their site. ^^

CAST YOUR VOTES HERE!

yah, i dont think he'll allow the WGM thing. the girls scheds are gonna be hectic

something is posted in YG-life

what is it? something bout 2NE1tv. the player wont work in mine

Its just the link to streaming of the show on mnet's player.  which i find doesnt work properly unless I am logged into mnet surprise surprise.

Long post, but summarizes and analyzes the charts and rankings.

v5zeix.png

Week 2: Can't Nobody vs Go Away?

which song will come out victorious

65490329.png

credit: tazanya @ygladies*

We're back with a round-up of To Anyone's chart rankings for this past week.  Although MCountdown is being preempted for a Chuseok Special, just like Inkigayo, they will award two awards during next week's broadcast (/whispers possible triple crown?).  Just like last week it seems Go Away and Can't Nobody are neck and neck for the top spot.  We pulled the weekly ranking from the online music websites and lo and behold 2NE1 has the first and second place songs on every chart except Daum.  2NE1 has the first, second, AND third place ranking for the week on Cyworld BGM, Naver, Soribada, Dorisak, Mnet, Bugs and Melon. Currently Can't Nobody has a slight advantage over Go Away with four #1 rankings, while Go Away only has three #1 places.  

How on earth are reporters questioning the validity of 2NE1's wins, with a straight face?  If you go to Hanteo RIGHT NOW To Anyone is #1 on real time, #1 on the daily, and #1 on the weekly charts.  Unless YGE is bribing every person in Korea and every music site and every offline distributor, the girls clearly deserved their mutizens.  Hopefully, those naysayers have quietly gone back into the holes they poked out from, after all this overwhelming evidence. (/semi rant over)

Title Songs Discussion

23335227.png

credit: ju!ceB0X & tazanya @ygladies (봄토리@DC2NE1 for the idea and design)*

In addition to doing very well on the weekly charts, 2NE1 has actually risen in ranks on many of the daily chart rankings from last week.  Plus, all three title songs rose on the Daum charts.  In the chart above, you can see that Go Away has jumped up astoundingly since last week with improved rankings on SEVEN different charts.  Both Can't Nobody and Clap Your Hands are also doing well despite strong competition from Supreme Team, J.Lim, and the JYJ single for the SungKyunKwan Scandal OST.  Our girls will need all of our efforts to continue these high rankings with the upcoming releases from Boa and Beast that could derail their current success.  

The Hanteo album numbers are approximate, however it is clear that since Sunday, To Anyone has been in first place on all of the Hanteo charts.  They managed to squeak by the massively popular SungKyunKwan Scandal OST, who had been in first place for a few days to land at the top spot on the weekly chart.  They are also in first place on the daily chart today.  In fact, for the last few days they have been first place on the real time charts as well. 

For completeness, we added the YouTube and GOMtv views.  All three YouTube videos have surpassed 3 million views each and the Clap Your Hands video at YGE's Official site has almost reached 1 million views. That's over 10 million views in two weeks.  Way to go blackjacks and curious youtubers!  Sorry, but we removed the ringtone and cellular rankings from the round-up this week, rest assured it will return next week.  Just so you know though, with over 100,000 ringtone sales Can't Nobody is securely in first place, with Go Away and Clap Your Hands in second and  third place receptively.  

23jiw6h.jpg

credit: ju!ceB0X & tazanya @ygladies (봄토리@DC2NE1 for the idea and design)*

Other Album Singles

Since they are not being actively promoted, the other three new songs have fallen down the charts at a faster rate.  Though technically ranked higher than I'm Busy, Love is Ouch had the steepest overall drop in ranking a whopping 9.4 average positions.  Unfortunately, the wonderful It Hurts seems to be falling rather steadily too, last week the single was nicely positioned in the TOP 10 now with the exception of at Melon (#10) and Cyworld BGM (#8), It Hurts is no longer in the top 10.  On a brighter note, live performances and upcoming appearances could help to bolster It Hurts.  In particular, we suspect that the upcoming KJE Chocolate performance of It Hurts will be a showstopper and a catalyst for older music lovers to nab the song.  We will keep watching.

Charting without Promotions

Looks like even Japan is loving To Anyone.  Without a single Japanese promotion (unless you count the MTVJ VMA's earlier this year), our girls have made it onto the Oricon top 50.  At #26, the girls just missed making it into the Top 25 by 99 albums.  It looks like YGL needs to get some Oricon experts, I have a feeling this won't be the last time we are reporting on their rankings in Japan.  Thanks to 오리콘차트@dcgal for the information and vipjjang at soompi for the tip.

Source: Soribada, Oricon, Daum, Naver, Gaon, Hanteo, Youtube.com/2NE1,

YGE Gom Channel., Dorisak, 

Monkey 3, Bugs, Melon, M.net, Cyworld BGM 

Translated by tazanya @ ygladies.com

*Taz Note: I researched these rankings at 6AM this morning, let me know if there are any errors, my apologies in advance. Also, at the time of this writing, updated weekly GAON charts were not available.  

SIDE NOTES AND OTHER TIDBITS

If your registered at Arirang don't forget to vote for 2NE1  on the Pop Countdown Chart and the Mwave Chart.  Register here its free and in English. (thanks soompiers for the tip)

To those curious about how to use your YG Card from the 2NE1 album, the marvelous White Star has made an easy to follow How-To-Guide (thanks dear)

^thanks for the reply

and oh numbers crunching. love that

thank you sooo much! u guys are so devoted ^^ im still waiting to see u in 2NE1tv S2 ^^

i wish the KJE Chocolate guesting is soon. more love for It Hurts ^^

edit:

did u just see Get Busy jump up 69 spots?

that song is funny. some people hate it, some claim it their favorite ^^ and i understand both sides coz i hated it at first now i love it. it's a fun song! btw, shouldnt it be 79 spots? ^^

thx thx soo much for such a detail post TAZ! the songs are doing great on the charts, maintaining the top positions and risen on some too ^^ im hoping they can keep it up for weeks b/c there'll be some competition coming, but no worries...BlackJacks and 2NE1 are united! We can do this guys! FIGHTING FIGHTING!!

^thanks for the reply

and oh numbers crunching. love that

thank you sooo much! u guys are so devoted ^^ im still waiting to see u in 2NE1tv S2 ^^

i wish the KJE Chocolate guesting is soon. more love for It Hurts ^^

edit:

did u just see Get Busy jump up 69 spots?

that song is funny. some people hate it, some claim it their favorite ^^ and i understand both sides coz i hated it at first now i love it. it's a fun song! btw, shouldnt it be 79 spots? ^^

fraggle, you are right.  I will fix it.  thanks.

edit: I fixed it :)  thanks alot for giving me the heads up.

thx thx soo much for such a detail post TAZ! the songs are doing great on the charts, maintaining the top positions and risen on some too ^^ im hoping they can keep it up for weeks b/c there'll be some competition coming, but no worries...BlackJacks and 2NE1 are united! We can do this guys! FIGHTING FIGHTING!!

No problem, its actually pretty fun to watch the charts and see how different things effect the rankings.  The upcoming releases are gonna be stressful, there are some heavyweights coming.  But our girls are strong and they have blackjacks' support, they will be fine.

- Why did your first album take longer than planned?

Minzy: I believe it’s because we worked hard in making sure that we came out with a more perfect, completed image of ourselves in order to fulfill the anticipation that people had.

CL: It took a bit of time collecting each song one by one. Each song is not just a song meant to fill up space but a song that represents our first album. Taking that into consideration, it took longer than we thought.

cr: allkpop

Thank you for sharing

this interview.

I love the way CL leadah said

about the song not to fill up

the space.And definitely

we can really see their singing

and rapping style in most of the songs

in their album.

DARA unnie in wedding dress,

she looks really gorgeous.

Actually I was wishing that it

will be BOMmie(because

probably,that it will be

for SE7EN's new mv).

Nontheless,I am excited what

will she bring us.

Hey guys, on the first page of this thread it doesn't list the OFFICIAL 2ne1 fanclub link in Korea. I would like to join so it will be easier to attend Music Core. Can someone help me? So many fan clubs in a search but which one is official?

Thank you.

I think this one is the official fanclub for 2NE1 :

http://cafe.daum.net/2NE1

ohh...dara look really pretty in tat wedding dress!! wonder wat's it for? Taeyang's concert, se7en's mv? or photoshoot~~ anyhoo, tonight is MuBank right?? i hope the girls will win!!!

2NE1 FTW1~!!!!!!

FIGHTING FIGHTING! ^^

wow YG really does listen to the fans~!! abit late but better than never right ^^

wonder if he's gonna upload all of their performances there?? hahaha maybe the fans ranting really works then lol

[Music Bank Special Event 4] Request an encore performance to K-Chart winner!

This week’s K-Chart Number 1 nominees are “2NE1” & “Whee Sung”.

Send us your ideas on encore performance to the singer that you think will win this week.

melon - 1,2,4,10

soribada - 1,2,4

dosirak - 1,2,4

monkey3 - 1,2,5

cyworld - 1,2,8,9 (real time)

naver - 1,4,6

bugs - 1,5,6

mnet - 3,4,6

Archived