Guest White Star

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Cine21/Yonhap

The 14th Pusan International Film Festival

P0000024_24[H585-].jpg

P0000026_26[H585-].jpg

S. Korean actress Ha Ji-won

PYH2009100817360034400_P2.jpg

Oct. 8, BUSAN, South Korea -- South Korean actress Ha Ji-won walks the red carpet to attend the 14th annual Pusan International Film Festival at Suyoungman Yacht Stadium in Busan on Oct. 8. (Yonhap)

PYH2009100817370034400_P2.jpg

PYH2009100817760034400_P2.jpg

PYH2009100816710034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actress Ha Ji-won

PYH2009100816830034400_P2.jpg

Oct. 8, BUSAN, South Korea -- South Korean actress Ha Ji-won poses for photographers during a photocall at the 14th annual Pusan International Film Festival at Suyoungman Yacht Stadium in Busan on Oct. 8. (Yonhap)

PYH2009100816230034400_P2.jpg

Actor Sul Kyung-gu and director Youn Jae-Kyun

PYH2009100816750034400_P2.jpg

Oct. 8, BUSAN, South Korea -- South Korean actor Sul Kyung-gu(L) and director Youn Jae-Kyun pose for photographers during a photo call at the 14th annual Pusan International Film Festival at Suyoungman Yacht Stadium in Busan on Oct. 8. (Yonhap)

(END)

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

The Hollywood Reporter

Disaster director ready for America

'Haeundae' helmer writing English comedy with Korean story

October 12, 2009

By Park Soo-mee

99797-haeundae_341x182.jpg

"Haeundae."

BUSAN -- Yun Je-Gyun, the writer and director for mega-hit disaster flick “Haeundae,” will shoot an English-speaking family adventure using an American cast and Korean CG, the director told The Hollywood Reporter on Sunday.

The story will follow the journey of American kids who encounter spirits from statues of Buddha coming to life, along with other ancient Korean ghosts during their stay at a local temple. The director, who is currently working on the script, compared the style of his new film to “Night at the Museum” and “Jumanji.”

“We’re looking at the U.S. market as the main target,” Yun said. “It will be an opportunity to expand the market for Korean films.”

The film will be produced by JK Film, the same company that produced “Haeundae,” run by Yun, with an expected budget of around $10 million. As a new experiment, the film’s special effects will be fully handled in Korea. The postproduction for “Haeundae” was done by California-based Polygon Entertainment, Mofac Studio and CJ Power Cast in Korea.

“The technology for Korean CG has caught up to about 90% of Hollywood,” he said. “The quality shouldn’t be much different.”

“Haeundae” was released in July, and rocked to fourth place all-time at the Korean boxoffice. The film was later released in China and the U.S.

Yun made his debut as a comedy director with hit films including “Sex is Zero” (2003) and “My Boss, My Hero” (2001).

Guest leimondale

^

^ Whoa Seol Kyung-gu and Ha Ji-won both look amazing! I loved them together in the movie. ( :

And Haeundae is up on ViiKii. The subs are not completed but I would guess it won't take too long.

hi there! :)

thanks for posting or sharing this wonderful information!! ;)

it' s been a long time waiting for the video to be uploaded on viikii.net or mysoju :huh:

i'm really excited to watch this movie :)

• 2 months later...
Guest shinchan10

Hi ! First of all, i really like this movie, i just buought the dvd a couple weeks ago, and it's really worth it.

It's very touching too..and Lee Min Ki is so dorky with the busan dialect and all...heheh

it's a really great movie! watch it, u'll never regret ! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest darkshine

I just finish watching this movie a few days ago. I must say it is my favorite k-movie of 2009. It was good from the beginning all the till the end.

[small Request]

I watched this movie from bootleg dvd and there were missing subtitles and I was wondering for those who own the dvd with complete eng subtitles fill in what wasn't translated in the movie?

Timing for missing subs

- 32:10 - 32:33

- 33:38 - 33:58

- 34:31 - 37:45

- 39:23 - 39:43

Thank you!

Archived