Sony PSP Thread

Guest Dah_jOkA

Guest vompy

I got the PSP not too long ago. I love the thing. I'll love it even more once I get a nice memory card to go along with it. I just downloaded DDR on the thing, with like 10 songs, and that's all the stock memory card couuld fit. It's really nice. I like everything about it.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smr05

hi again..

im a psp noob..

and i have a few questions.. ok many questions ^^;;

1. i have a sony vaio and have a memory stick slot.. do i still have to get a usb for my psp?

2. how do i put movies on to my psp

3. how do i put games on to it? like what emulators/launsher thingys do i need?

4. is there a site/forum thats like the "idiots guide to enjoying ur psp to he fullest?" kinda thing?

sorry and thank you in advanced!!

Guest ikrnxinhyungi

does anyone have problems playing The Sims 2 on their psp? Cuz mines freeze alot.

i have no problems...its just that it takes a little while to load

Guest SeEdFrEeDoM

i just dl burnout legends for psp and it a iso file, my psp is v2.60 so i donno what do to, please help?

Guest IMAJynXed1

i just dl burnout legends for psp and it a iso file, my psp is v2.60 so i donno what do to, please help?

you cant...ISOs can only be played on v2.6 only on v1.0 and v1.5...and you cant downgrade neither...so you pretty much cant play it...sorry.

Ahha...you kinda messed up your post there, IMAJynXed1. Don't confuse the guy!

Alright, seedfreedom, unless you return your PSP and find one with at most a 2.0 firmware, then you pretty much wasted some bandwidth download Burnout Legends. The only firmwares that have ISO access is firmwares 1.0 and 1.5, as IMAJynXed1 said. Everything else above that can't play ISOs. And 2.0 is the ONLY firmware that can be downgraded to 1.50. 2.01 and up can't be downgraded. You can still play homebrew on them (via Grand Theft Auto hacks) but you're pretty much on a standstill on where you're at right now.

Guest IMAJynXed1

ah man your right...i messed up in the post...

the line should say

"you cant...ISOs can only be played on v1.0 and v1.5"

i dunno what i was thinking about...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hanzo_cloud

alright someone buy my PSP

firmware 1.5... jap versoin 1000k

it has around 50 psp games..

1500 super nintendo games

and even pc games such as doom quake dukenukem commander keen solitaire DDR etc....

comes with additional psp cradle/stand for u to put your psp on so it looks nice.... and a psp screen cover...

also a spare official sony battery with longer life... as well as the official sony battery charger.. so u can charge one battery without the use of the psp.. and play the psp with the other battery at da same time!!

convenience =)

it also have PDA like programs.. such as ... Notepad, Paint, and MSN .. yes its got a program that lets u chat on MSN.. AIM.. YAHOO.. ICQ..and a few more ...

n e wayz

all this for only $400 AUstralian DOllars..

cheap cheap !!!

Guest SeEdFrEeDoM

Ahha...you kinda messed up your post there, IMAJynXed1. Don't confuse the guy!

Alright, seedfreedom, unless you return your PSP and find one with at most a 2.0 firmware, then you pretty much wasted some bandwidth download Burnout Legends. The only firmwares that have ISO access is firmwares 1.0 and 1.5, as IMAJynXed1 said. Everything else above that can't play ISOs. And 2.0 is the ONLY firmware that can be downgraded to 1.50. 2.01 and up can't be downgraded. You can still play homebrew on them (via Grand Theft Auto hacks) but you're pretty much on a standstill on where you're at right now.

what the heck is this firewares on the psp?

Guest IMAJynXed1

firmwares are like set codes within the PSP, each new firmware update will "unlock" new things that the PSP can do...original PSPs came with v1.0 (Jpn) and v1.5 (US)...those firmwares were easily hacked into by programmers so they can play homebrewed programs and emulators...Sony has been releasing new firmwares to counter the hacks...and newer games require PSPs to have a upgraded firmware to play (anything over v1.5)...

most are willing to upgrade with each new firmware release becuz they dont care about the homebrew stuff, while others hold on to it for those homebrew stuff...

you can find your firmware by going into your PSP's System Settings> System Infomation...

Guest SeEdFrEeDoM

firmwares are like set codes within the PSP, each new firmware update will "unlock" new things that the PSP can do...original PSPs came with v1.0 (Jpn) and v1.5 (US)...those firmwares were easily hacked into by programmers so they can play homebrewed programs and emulators...Sony has been releasing new firmwares to counter the hacks...and newer games require PSPs to have a upgraded firmware to play (anything over v1.5)...

most are willing to upgrade with each new firmware release becuz they dont care about the homebrew stuff, while others hold on to it for those homebrew stuff...

you can find your firmware by going into your PSP's System Settings> System Infomation...

oh ok thanks, but when i follow your the thing you say, but the firmware that i want to see, doesn't seem to appear!!!! and you know my psp is v. 2.60 and i got it from Target!

Guest IMAJynXed1

oh ok thanks, but when i follow your the thing you say, but the firmware that i want to see, doesn't seem to appear!!!! and you know my psp is v. 2.60 and i got it from Target!

oh your PSP is firmware v2.6, theres no way for you to change it now...only v2.0 can be downgraded to v1.5...im afraid you wont be able to use homebrew until v2.6 is cracked...

Guest LMF-Prodip

oh man....i've been playing Blade Dancer for the PSP.

i have it in chinese. very anime-like and it's an rpg...

nearly made me sleep having to read all that chinese. (i'm used to playing rpg's in english, don't be mistaken...i can read chinese, tho)

Guest Drunkken

has anyone downgraded a 2.00 psp to 1.5?

i tried to, got the mphdowngrader and the eboot thing, then my norton says it found a virus called trojan.pspbrick and deleted it. and didnt try downgrading

now im scared.

agh i wanna run homebrew though

Guest IMAJynXed1

has anyone downgraded a 2.00 psp to 1.5?

i tried to, got the mphdowngrader and the eboot thing, then my norton says it found a virus called trojan.pspbrick and deleted it. and didnt try downgrading

now im scared.

agh i wanna run homebrew though

ive done it...you should get it from his official site...

http://mphwebsite.tuxfamily.org/index.php?page=1

there was a pspbricker going around awhile ago by PSPTeam...but if you get it from MPH's site you shouldnt have any problems....

Guest Drunkken

i went to the MPH and got the downgrader

when i extract, norton still says it found a virus on the overflow.tif called trojan.pspbrick

Guest IMAJynXed1

i went to the MPH and got the downgrader

when i extract, norton still says it found a virus on the overflow.tif called trojan.pspbrick

i dunno, its up to you i guess...cuz thats where i got the downgrader from and it worked perfectly...

i actually think its s'pose to be a trojan since you are literally overwriting important files on the PSP...becuz the overflow.tif is part of the downgrading process...

read this for step on how to do it tho...

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/downgrade_psp_2.cfm

but again its up to you, theres is a small chance of actually bricking your PSP...

Guest smr05

hey guys!

ive downgraded my psp from 2.0 to 1.5 and loving it!

but im unable to change the background image on the 1.5..

is there a way i can customize my bakground? or am i stuck with that green crap?

and another thing.. how do i get ebooks on my psp?

Archived