Sony PSP Thread

Guest Dah_jOkA

I've played a lot of psp games cause they were free haha (downgraded and then upgraded to custom firmware) but most of the games are just dull. The games that entertained me were god of war and final fantasy crisis core. I'm really hoping that Kingdom Hearts Birth by sleep will come out soon. It looks likes its gunna be a good game. Anyways, anyone know any good games that are coming out?

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest _ShiKAndA_

anyone know how to fix a psp? SHOOOT mines been broken for years!

i got it when it was fresh and it sorta broke 6 months later.

ughh been tryna get it fixed but no go :{

i really want it fixed so i can play khbbs

anyone know how to fix a psp? SHOOOT mines been broken for years!

i got it when it was fresh and it sorta broke 6 months later.

ughh been tryna get it fixed but no go :{

i really want it fixed so i can play khbbs

What do you mean by broken?

Broken as in hardware broken/you dropped it?

or

Broken as in you were trying to hack it and messed up and got a brick...

Option one can't obviously be fixed

Option two can.

Pandora/Desperter Del Cementerio v5 made by Dark_Alex and his team.

http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=138010

This will, of course, need an already hacked PSP in order for this to work.

Guest _ShiKAndA_

HAH..

broken as in DROPPED. yeahh i dont think i can do anything about it

ill probably end up getting another one, or not..

Guest ad0ralble

wow it seem a lot have damaged psp..Well I love mine though i dropped it a few times and most of them could have like destroyed my psp..but it lived 0_o so I love it although not much gaming on it kinda picky on the games..thinking of going DS..

• 1 month later...

has anyone tried playing GTA: liberty city? im playing it right now but i cant customize my tracks and i cant play the radio when im in the or riding motor bike. can someone help me??

by the way i know nice site where you can dl free games for psp, pm me so i can send you the site

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chocoberryjam*

i'm really sad, i got my psp a few years back..

I've only played two games on it, a game i got on sale for $10 because i had no idea about the psp : wipeout pure, still unlocked the game =_=

and this other game my cousin gave me, you know the one where you drum... yeah the japanese one..

so. i haven't exactly been making full use of my psp. recently, I wanted to convert files so that i could watch anime on my psp. but i couldn't find a suitable program that runs on a mac...

any suggestions?

Guest darkbahamut

Who here has played DJ Max? A US version is releasing soon. There's going to be a Clazziquai edition coming out in Korea.

I played DMP1 and DMP2. I'll be trying Clazziquai for sure, but I'm probably going to end up maining Black Square when that comes out. Love the games so much. Songs are nice too =D Forte Escape RAWR!

Guest res0nate

afaik, the psp3k models are running a different battery, so modding would have to be done via different means.

-snes, nes, gba, psx, pc16, mame emus off the top of my head. yes you can download psp games, a huge reason why people throw in CFW.

-get a 4 or 8 gig stick, sandisk/sony

-craigslist or whatever equivalent you have in your area for BST; locally in Toronto, I've seen PSPs go for as low as 60$.

-there aren't that many good PSP games, obviously that differs for everyone, so look at the games you're interested in and see if it's worth the small purchase.

Guest res0nate

@res0nate: CWC?

what's psp3k? the slim model?

CFW. Custom Firmware

3k is the new models coming out (or already out in Japan, I don't know).

@ Gerald, no. Yggra is WAY TOO HARD.

Guest darkbahamut

can't wait for the new djmax. hopefully its got tracks more suited to my taste :P

There are some new stuff that I've seen on youtube. I like it.

Sidenote, new games I'm waiting for:

Gundam VS Gundam

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

FF: Dissidea

KH: Birth By Sleep.

:ph34r:

*EDIT* Clazziquai has only 2, 4,5 and 6 buttons. Hmmm... I can't even handle 8 >_<

hello, long time ds fan here, but i'm starting to become interested in the psp after hearing what it can do once you unlock/mod it. i probably won't get it for half a year at least, but i have a few questions.

-is unlocking the psp complicated or risky at all? there's a risk of bricking it or voiding the warranty right?

-what systems can the psp emulate? i know someone mentioned all the old nintendo systems and ps1, but i also heard sega was possible? are psp games also downloadable?

-what's a good memory stick size/brand for heavy game and video users?

-what's a good place to buy one from in terms of price?

-any other tips, pros/cons or anything i should know in general?

thank you.

Just saw this and wanted to take an opportunity to answer your questions. Myself, I've been modding my PSP for 2 years now. Unlocking the PSP can be considered both complciated AND risky. Of course, it also depends on your PSP model AND the motherboard of your PSP. And yes, bricking it does void the warranty. However, "bricking" doesn't seem to exist anymore since it can be reversable. PSP can emulate GBA, SNES and N64 ( I believe). I'm not too sure about the rest of the systems because I don't emulate those on my PSP. PSP games are downloadable, yes, I do that. A lot. Memory sticks increase in size each year. Back then, a 1 Gb cost $70. Now you can get a 8gb for the same price. Yeah I feel jipped but whatever. The largest memory stick right now is 16gb. It's expensive though. I like using SanDisk brands. They seem to offset others in terms of transfer speed. As to where you want to buy it, depends on your area I guess. Some tips about PSP hacking, it's better to learn yourself than to rely on others. Know the functions of your custom firmware or else you WILL suffer, in a funny way :). I always like to keep up to date with custom firmware and as well as other homebrew programs that might be useful to me, although I barely use them. Any other questions? Feel free to PM me.

Guest Bby-GIE

most of the time my PSP is collecting dust.

i should have gotten the DS instead because now that i think of it, if you want to watch a movie or listen to music or view pics you can do it on an ipod. and plus games on the PSP is limited, where as the DS has heaps more games, they are so cute as well. =='

i dont think my parents will let me sell it, so im just going to use my PSP as much as i can so its not a waste and then save up money and wait until nintendo come up with another console. ^^

Archived