Sony PSP Thread

Guest Dah_jOkA

it worked fine for me when i had it

it doesnt fill the whole screen when playing games though

quality looks great imo same as on the psp screen but just bigger

Hey thanks for sharing the video, but from what I was noticing, nearly all the videos where flatscreen HD's. I only have just a regular sized TV, do you think it will still look good? What do you use your psp on?

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to play UMD games onto your TV, it's a must that you have a component cable (Red/Blue/Green) input. Regular TV's that only have composite inputs (Yellow/White/Red) are pretty useless because all the PSP Slim can output to that is the main menu and UMD movies while the component cable is able to output everything.

Hmmm thanks! But I think my TV does not have the color outlet for the green. It only has Yellow and White.....and The red. So you think it will still work? Because I have never seen a green outlet cable in my life. Unless its just me.

that means u dont have component on ur tv

if u see the amazon link i posted above theres 2 red, 1 white, 1 blue and 1 green

for ur tv u can only watch movies but no games

oops i just noticed shortboy just posted the same info

that means u dont have component on ur tv

if u see the amazon link i posted above theres 2 red, 1 white, 1 blue and 1 green

for ur tv u can only watch movies but no games

oops i just noticed shortboy just posted the same info

Aww...man. I see now. But can I still just watch my videos, listen to music, view photos on TV with the component cable?

Guest MUGETSU

does Disagrea or w/e its call force you to update?

I don't want to update my 3.60 on my slim cause you can't downgrade anything higher than that right?

Wow reading about updates. I need to update mine. XD

I'm currently hooked on playing Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology.

I have the game Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions. I haven't started playing it yet. But I will. Soon.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

I love War of the Lions. the problem is it takes a looooooooooong time to play. And you can easily die in the beginning with lack of good gear, jobs and abilities.

I'm currently bored out of my mind with my PSP. I gave up on Monster Hunters Freedom 2 after it got too hard for me late in the game. Downloading Crisis Core again though.

Guest MUGETSU

yea i have the original FFT on my playstation. the first few battles are tough. but keep leveling up!

don't go to dorter unless you're characters are like level 6-7.

that's the hardest battle in the early game.

next are the battles near the end of the first chapter, especially the last. just make sure to ignore everyone else and hit the main enemy to near death so you can win easily.

----------

i also have a similar game called Tactics Ogre.

It goes for like $75-100 dollars on eBay...lol crazy! hopefully i can put it on my PSP one day.

hi there. i've posted this in the ds section but i'll post it here too coz i'd like to get ur opinions too

i haven't got a ds or a psp but is considering buying the ds (coz its cheaper) but am willing to spend a little extra more on psp...but that's the problem. I'm not sure if its worth it or not to spend that much on a psp. the only reason i'm considering it coz my sis wants it (but i'm older so i get the final say ) and we're not really gamers ourselves.

so right i'm leaning a lot towards a ds (and thinking of buying it as a surprise xmas prezzie). any suggestions?

thanks

I love War of the Lions. the problem is it takes a looooooooooong time to play. And you can easily die in the beginning with lack of good gear, jobs and abilities.

I'm currently bored out of my mind with my PSP. I gave up on Monster Hunters Freedom 2 after it got too hard for me late in the game. Downloading Crisis Core again though.

I knew it. I was that close to buying war of the lions and then I read a review that said it was immensely difficult for RPG beginners so I backed away. Almost wasted money buying a game I couldn't play.

x-factor did you play jeanne d'arc yet? if not, you must. the story just... i can't stop playing because I want her to save france from england.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

I knew it. I was that close to buying war of the lions and then I read a review that said it was immensely difficult for RPG beginners so I backed away. Almost wasted money buying a game I couldn't play.

x-factor did you play jeanne d'arc yet? if not, you must. the story just... i can't stop playing because I want her to save france from england.

No, I haven't tried it. I heard it was good, the graphics don't appeal to me though.

I beat Crisis Core last night, whoo

Guest MUGETSU

are you a beginner for RPGs?

I beat Final Fantasy Tactics when it came out a few years back on the Playstation.

I was still in...junior high school I think.

If you're older than that I'm pretty sure its not going to be that hard for you.

The beginning is hard because your characters are weak, but keep fighting random battles to level up before you go hit the story battles.

Concentrate on killing the objective so the battle ends faster.

There are a few VERY hard battles in that game. Gafgarion at the Execution Site, Weigraf and the Zodiac Battle, etc haha Took about 10 tries each to beat! LOL

^yeah I am a complete beginner, in fact jeanne d'arc was the first RPG i am close to beating ever. I stopped FF8 at 2nd disc because I got tired of the monsters levelling up with you, and even that I found the menu slightly difficult (took me half the game to figure out why rinoa couldn't attack, because I didn't put the attack function in her menu). But now I think I am okay at them. Are there any psp games you would recommend? is the story for ff tactics any good? how hard would you say ff7 is (have it, never played it).

after jeanne i went out and got popolocrois, brave story new traveler, and disgaea. hopefully they wont be too difficult for me...

Guest DOVAHKIIN

^

FFTactics has a brilliant dark story line, although you'll have to read about the characters and history that's provided in the game to understand it. FFVII of course is terrific, although you'll need to be patient seeing how it's 3 discs.

are you a beginner for RPGs?

I beat Final Fantasy Tactics when it came out a few years back on the Playstation.

I was still in...junior high school I think.

If you're older than that I'm pretty sure its not going to be that hard for you.

The beginning is hard because your characters are weak, but keep fighting random battles to level up before you go hit the story battles.

Concentrate on killing the objective so the battle ends faster.

There are a few VERY hard battles in that game. Gafgarion at the Execution Site, Weigraf and the Zodiac Battle, etc haha Took about 10 tries each to beat! LOL

All you had to do was just unequip Gafgarion's equipment before he ditched your party and he's a pushover :P

hey guys recently my dad bought me and my sis a new pink psp with this lame game called astonishia story?yup..think so.and i bought a new game for my dad and its alpha 3 max[kinda boring for me.]..but i want to buy more good games but dunno which one.can anyone tell me which games are fantastic?i dun like gory stuff and "only fighting" games..like alpha 3 max.

though i wish i can have naruto and bleach..hehe.

any good RPG games?thanks a lot.^^

Guest DOVAHKIIN

.. We were just talking about good RPG games for the PSP.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max is WAYY too difficult for amateurs.

The only current English Naruto game out for the PSP is terrible; all the Bleach games are in Japanese.

Recommended RPG games: Final Fantasy Tactics, Jeanne D'Arc, Disgaea PSP, Monster Hunter Freedom 2.

That's if you're talking about UMD's.. as for ISO's I got more.

Archived