Sony PSP Thread

Guest Dah_jOkA

Guest IMAJynXed1

hey guys!

ive downgraded my psp from 2.0 to 1.5 and loving it!

but im unable to change the background image on the 1.5..

is there a way i can customize my bakground? or am i stuck with that green crap?

and another thing.. how do i get ebooks on my psp?

you need psp personalize to do all that, it basically overrides the color background files...

http://www.psp-hacks.com/2005/06/20/pspers...psp-backgrounds

yea i got it to 1.5, got umd emulator.

its so frikkin sweet.

ah so you finally took that chance...nice job!!!

i advise you also get MPH Game Loader for games that require v2.0+ to play...then you can also check out this website...http://www.game-lite.com itll tell which games work on v1.5 and what you need to do if they game requires a mod to get it to work...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Evil_Monkey666

Yup, PSP sucks. I'm not what people call "new gamer". That term refers to grapic richard simmons. I'm old (22, lol) so I grew up when games were made for the reason games were made, to be fun. PSP looks great but wihtout gaes, its crap. I love my DS, play it everyday while I gave my PSP to my girlfriend to use but I got her a DS so she doesn't touch it anymore too, lol.

I only own 2 PSP games since I got it, on launch (brought 4 in total but played all the games that came out to this day) while I picked up My DS a month ago and have 7 games and planningto pick up more, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow IS THE i can't read!

^^ I think that statement is incredibly uninformed.

Do you have any idea how many people own a PS2 but not a PSP?

Even sold at twice the price on PSP per copy, I think a PS2 version would make FAR MORE money because you would have FAR MORE than twice as many copies sold on PS2.

In other words. Less price + DRASTICALLY larger user-base = Mo' profit. :phew:

Guest lynd

okay, i'm about to buy a PSP for my boyfriend, but i have some questions. i'm still deciding to either get the Nintendo DS or the PSP.

1) Can someone tell me the difference between Japanese and the U.S. PSP? which one is better?

2) So can you download movies or games from your comp. and transfer it to your PSP? Like korean dramas and stuff?

3) what is all this 1.5 and 2.0 firmware? what does it do? i'm a little confused. sorry for being such a noob.

4) and what is downgrade and upgrade?? but yea...thanks for helping!

Guest IMAJynXed1

1) Can someone tell me the difference between Japanese and the U.S. PSP? which one is better?

there is none. they are pretty much the exact same, maybe a firmware difference, but that could always be upgraded to the latest version...

2) So can you download movies or games from your comp. and transfer it to your PSP? Like korean dramas and stuff?

yes. youll need a big memory card if you plan on putting movies and dramas on. they need to be converted to a .mp4 file. you can easily find a program to do such online for free.

3) what is all this 1.5 and 2.0 firmware? what does it do? i'm a little confused. sorry for being such a noob.

thier upgrades. a firmware version 2.0 will have the psp do much more than a firmware version 1.5, currently thier up to FW 2.6 with 3.0 on the way (or already there). with each upgrade it new functions will be enabled in the PSP such as going online, changing wallpaper, playing new media files, and also it helps Sony battle hackers as certain games require an upgrade to be played.

4) and what is downgrade and upgrade?? but yea...thanks for helping!

well upgrade is pretty much what i explain above. downgrade is taking a FW 2.0 PSP and making back into a FW 1.5, this can only be done by using a program by a hacker. most people do this because FW 1.0 and FW 1.5 are the only PSPs that can pretty much run any homemade programs created by hackers/homebrewers.

Guest epark1281

there is none. they are pretty much the exact same, maybe a firmware difference, but that could always be upgraded to the latest version...

They aren't EXACTLY the same. If you want to play UMD's on a Japanese PSP, it won't work. Games are region free, UMD's are not. Then again, most people just D/L movies onto a memory stick anyway.

Guest IMAJynXed1

They aren't EXACTLY the same. If you want to play UMD's on a Japanese PSP, it won't work. Games are region free, UMD's are not. Then again, most people just D/L movies onto a memory stick anyway.

yea your right.

game UMDs can be played on any of them, movie UMDs cant.

both are using UMD.

Guest Luly

so would u say a 1.5 is better than a 2.0?? thank you for answering all my questions. =)

i guess it depends on how u use it. if u wanna run the games downloaded online, 1.5 is better in this case. but it lacks certain features and some new games cant be run on old versions. (correct me if im wrong)

Guest epark1281

so would u say a 1.5 is better than a 2.0?? thank you for answering all my questions. =)

i'm not sure you can get a a psp with version 1.5 or 2.0 firmware. Some games require that you have a 2.0 or better firmware, but then again, it won't matter if you're planning on ripping games onto a memory stick. But if you walk up to the counter at EB games and ask for a PSP with a 1.5 or a 2.0 version firmware, you might get a couple of suspicous looks. Plus, i don't think you can "choose" the firmware version of the psp that you're going to purchase.

Guest Luly

^ i don't think the ripped games work with versions higher than 2.0. at least they don't work with my one, 2.6

edit: i think version 2.6 downgrader is available now.

• 1 month later...

there are a few awesome RPGs coming out soon. finally... rgp fans like me gets something decent. :D

Valkryie Profile: Lenneth (released on 18th jul)

Blade Dancer (released on 18th jul)

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (still.. TBC :sweatingbullets: )

Anyone's planning to get the titles above?

Guest johnny11358

do any of you guys know where to buy "cheap" as in pay low money and works just fine memory cards? (i need a 2GB at least BTW) i need this because i just downloaded the game Djmax Portable and well its 1.2GB -.-;; so if any one knows thanks :)

Guest Doanh

I've been using mine as a weapon, something to bash people's head with, i do play games with it and listen to music, i guess since i dont have an ipod or any memory USB stick, i use it to transfer file from computer to computer etc.

Guest ★ rain-a-sky ★

hmmm when I first got it I was like WHAOOO also XD but then after a while(like 1 week later -__-'') I found out that you can't really get anything in it b/c of the low memory chip :[ So now I just use it as something to taunt other ppl lol *cackle* *laughs evilly* XD

**QUESTION** do you have to buy a special psp memory stick for psp? If so then about how much does it cost? X__X thank you so much! :]

hmmm when I first got it I was like WHAOOO also XD but then after a while(like 1 week later -__-'') I found out that you can't really get anything in it b/c of the low memory chip :[ So now I just use it as something to taunt other ppl lol *cackle* *laughs evilly* XD

**QUESTION** do you have to buy a special psp memory stick for psp? If so then about how much does it cost? X__X thank you so much! :]

No, any duo memory stick will do.

Guest IMAJynXed1

there are a few awesome RPGs coming out soon. finally... rgp fans like me gets something decent. :D

Valkryie Profile: Lenneth (released on 18th jul)

Blade Dancer (released on 18th jul)

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (still.. TBC :sweatingbullets: )

Anyone's planning to get the titles above?

i plan on getting Valkryie Profile, Blade Dancer i was looking forward to, but its getting alot of bad reviews...dont care about FFVIICC.

im reallying looking forward to Brave Story PSP, that seems like its gunna be good.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SeEdFrEeDoM

this is my first time get ahold of a psp system!! =D it a great system, but it pretty hard to play games like street fighter alpha 3 MAX, and etc... so yea it great system to play games, music video, and movies!! =D

Guest TrainDriver

go for the old-school side scrollers. ultimate ghosts n ghoblins should be wicked fun, but frustrating games are unwise on a handheld, throw the PSP against the wall.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MUGETSU

PSP has a good line up coming out over the next few months.

I don't know why people are hating so much on the PSP. I guess it takes a certain gamer to like it.

The games are great....GTA, Metal Gear Acids, Valkyrie Profile (Playing it right now), Lumines, etc. I've liked every game I bought so far. When I'm not playing games I'm either watching videos or listening to music or browsing on the internet.

It's a great multimedia gadget for me! I got 2 2GB memory sticks to go with it...haha so much to do!

Oh...for all you people complaining how expensive the games are....go on ebay they are so cheap! or do what I do. When I beat a game, if its still under 14 days since I buy it from a gamestop or ebgames (used of course to save money), I just return it and say I don't like the game and exchange it for another game for the same price or pay a little bit more to get another game and I just get doing it over and over again to get a new game.

Archived