[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Guest aybeedee

Soobin does not give up on Hosae, and together with MinJung she considers how to handle Saebyuk. Youngsook shows her sincerity about Saebyuk and slowly causes her family to open up to the idea of adoption. Since Saebyuk will be Soobin's cousin once she is adopted, Hosae cannot find an opportunity to break off the engagement. Frustrated, Taepoong goes to a nightclub and runs into Yuri who has come to play.....

omg no way!!! taepoong meets yuri?!?!? thats awesome!!

i was hoping to get theses two together!!! hahaahah

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for these links ... I enjoyed every scene even the unpleasant ones with Subin, Yeonsil, halmonee & Minjung. They make me cringe with :angry: . Subin is desperate fooling herself that she can have HS. TP was pathetic ... I hope after getting drunk he'll accept his fate with SB & go along with his mom's decision to adopt SB. HS should go all the way, reject Subin & pursue SB.

Taeyong & Soyeong are a sweet couple. But I predict that something bad will come their way & test their love & trust for each other ... like Yunhui's biological father appearing suddenly.

Guest sakura_dubai

at first i didn't like the story ,.. maybe because of girls' generation's member.. i think this is kinda promotion for the group..etc, but to tell you the truth .. i started to like it.. the relationship between everyone and how complicated can it be,, so interesting.. there are still some scenes that i could tell what the next thing is.. especially when they went to the italian company as they said 'italians who speaks english haha~' and tried to presuade them to deal again with the company 'who sent them'.. it was so obvious that they will make the italian company deals with their company again.. this is how korean stories always are.. but still i liked the whole thing ^^

the rating is high too.. that what actually made me go back and watch it.. really interesting story..

Guest iGabi

and whats with this whole hosae thing losing opps to get with saebyuk is she becomes soobin's cousin???

that shouldnt make a difference

Well, one practical reason is that they aren't even halfway through the series yet, so SB and HS can't get too cozy just yet, lol.

I'm not really sure why HS should hesitate either, but I guess we'll find out

Guest TOP_jaejoong

Onto the show, I can't believe Soobin tried to run down SB Also, the way she acted as if HS's mom's ring wouldn't come off and then kept it to show to the staff. This girl is really scaring me

i agree.

soobin's just scary and evil.

i dont like her personality in the drama.

dont really care how her real personality is but in the drama,,, it pisses me off. LOL

Well, one practical reason is that they aren't even halfway through the series yet, so SB and HS can't get too cozy just yet, lol.

I understand :]]

i guess unless the dramas gonna end in few weeks or something, Hosae shouldnt be in the "marrying" situation with Saebyuk YET.

the only thing i hope for is that when the drama ends,,,

Hosae and Saebyuk to be togheter happily.

oh and..

hosae's mom.. soobin's mom... and the grandma

needs to get something done.

they're retarded. HAHa

I'm not really sure why HS should hesitate either, but I guess we'll find out

Wouldn't it be nice to see HS & SB together this early & fight the battle together. Korean dramas always showcase their traditions & customs like filial piety, obedience & respect to the elders, approval of marriage, etc. So it's predictable that SB will have to shed tons of tears & HS wili have to show a lot of iron determination for them to realize their love for each other.

It would be a disaster to see HS & Subin together at the end of the drama like what happened in Likeable where the spoiled brat Sua succeeded in winning SJ ... well they deserve each other afterall. But HS is a different guy, kindhearted & too accommodating to the demands of his condescending mother not like the greedy ambitious SJ who gave up his long-time sweet gf (Jiyoung) in favor of a rich girl (Sua) who could bring him fame & fortune. Though it's unlikely for a son of a tycoon, an heir, rich educated & handsome like HS to fall for a poor, homeless, uneducated orphan like SB, we are in a drama where the impossible becomes possible ... and this incredible love affair has to happen to the satisfaction of its viewers ... count me in because like many of us here, I'm a hopeless romantic. ;)

Guest ellabel

Random thoughts:

4. Maybe, hopefully, with any luck, Halmonee will pass away peacefully in her sleep and I won't have to deal with her horrible attitude any more.

6. In episode 38, where the Italian businessman refuses to look over the Lohas catalogue: the 'actor' protraying said businessman was without exaggeration the worst actor I have ever seen in my life. I understand that it was a very small role but every second that he was on screen I had to cringe with second-hand embarrassment. Of all the foreign actors I have ever seen in the many asian dramas I've watched, he was the most sucktacular of them all. Hangs head in shame. :wacko:

:lol: I cant resist not to post just to say I'm with you raineyrain on no. 4. and esp. no. 5. :lol:

Gosh!!! :o Dont they have any other foreign actor in Korea... even my 73 yr old father can do that role with flying colors. My hairs rise everytime he's on screen. I thot he was worse in Air City, he was revolting in YAMD. *shudders*

In last nite's KBSWorld ep., I really really hate Soobin's mom... she's such a snob and social climber and she expects TP's omma to understand her. Gawd! How can u understand that your relative is simply embarass to be seen with you? That becoz of your social standing, she doesnt want to be associated with you? Such a b****!

I'm actually not a fan of the love stories in this drama. I don't see any chemistry between any lovers. But I really like the mother daughter love between SB and YS. I think that they have the most chemistry together.

It was really hard for me to do but I didn't check this thread for over 4 hrs with hopes of there being a summary when I came back, but alas, that was not meant to be.

However, I will use this opportunity to pay Soobin a compliment. In the engagement episode she was absolutely gorgeous in her sage green strapless dress and her very natural looking makeup. Her hair was also very nicely done, I was impressed.

That should be the last nice thing I ever say about Soobin. Back on the hate train.

Wouldn't it be nice to see HS & SB together this early & fight the battle together. Korean dramas always showcase their traditions & customs like filial piety, obedience & respect to the elders, approval of marriage, etc. So it's predictable that SB will have to shed tons of tears & HS wili have to show a lot of iron determination for them to realize their love for each other.

It would be a disaster to see HS & Subin together at the end of the drama like what happened in Likeable where the spoiled brat Sua succeeded in winning SJ ... well they deserve each other afterall. But HS is a different guy, kindhearted & too accommodating to the demands of his condescending mother not like the greedy ambitious SJ who gave up his long-time sweet gf (Jiyoung) in favor of a rich girl (Sua) who could bring him fame & fortune. Though it's unlikely for a son of a tycoon, an heir, rich educated & handsome like HS to fall for a poor, homeless, uneducated orphan like SB, we are in a drama where the impossible becomes possible ... and this incredible love affair has to happen to the satisfaction of its viewers ... count me in because like many of us here, I'm a hopeless romantic. ;)

Well said Carmina. I'd rather see HS/SB together early battling against the noxious four (Soobin, Granny, Yeonshil and Minjung) instead of waiting to the end of the drama as in LON. At least let us see tender moments before the show ends. They spent so much time on the TY/SY relationship. It's time to move the HS/SB relationship to the forefront and at least let us see SB slap Soobin at least once.

Well said Carmina. I'd rather see HS/SB together early battling against the noxious four (Soobin, Granny, Yeonshil and Minjung) instead of waiting to the end of the drama as in LON. At least let us see tender moments before the show ends. They spent so much time on the TY/SY relationship. It's time to move the HS/SB relationship to the forefront and at least let us see SB slap Soobin at least once.

Hear, hear! I agree with you and carmina completely. If there was a petition, I'd sign it. I sincerely hope they don't gyp us —like they do in almost all dramas— by spending so much getting the characters together over so-called overwhelming odds and then rushing through the good times in the very few remaining episodes.

Also, with your permission from now onward I will be referring the 4 cretins as the 'noxious four'. Thank you for sharing that phrase with me.

I like your description of the 4 witches ...noxious 4. Indeed these 4 are disgusting, horrible & harmful. Their role in the drama is to torture SB & make life difficult for her, only because they can't accept that someone like her can make a precious son & a potential good catch son-in-law fall head over heels in love with her. I'd like to see them eat their words & crawl for forgiveness when the time comes when SB is vindicated to be a worthy partner for HS.

And yes, I want to see the tender HS/SB moments this early ...

Why only once ? SB should count the number of times Subin insulted & maligned her, add those to the torments she got from Minjung, the verbal abuse of Yeonshil & the cruelty of Granny ... that's the number of slaps Subin should get from SB. :fury:

In the preview, can't HS stand his ground against Subin who is hell bent to keep him & rush thru with their wedding? The way Subin talks to HS doesn't go well with someone who'll be a good & understanding wife but someone who is difficult & demanding. HS should not be a pushover who can be swayed by threats of responsibilty over promises to marry Subin. But he should be man enough to face the consequences of him reneging on his commitment, though he did that halfheartedly. He is to face a lot of blame & criticisms including from his dad who could have been supportive of his feelings if only he was honest & steadfast from the beginning.

Someone mentioned in soshified that 1989 may be the year they found SB as an orphan, which was when she was 3-4 years old. So if that is the case, then her real age would be 23 which makes a lot more sense since he's 28.

Also, You're Most Welcome to Everyone who thanked me for translations. I just became a soshisubber haha and I specifically requested to sub for YAMD b/c I'm obsessed LOL.

YAMD <3

I want to thank you, too. I think we're very lucky that you are obsessed with YAMD so that you'll translate for all of us to enjoy. Thank you again!

Epi 69

Young Sook spoke up of the adoption of Saebyuk (halmonie, SY, TY & Dae Jin). Halmonie strongly against it and threaten to leave the house.. which she did leave with Yeon Shil... Taepoong is also against the adoption ( poor fellow speaking for himself as he likes Saebyuk and if she becomes his sister .. thats the end of it)... Yeonshil came to the house also voiced out she is against the adoption.

HoSae & Saebyuk had a fun time at the amunsement park after leaving the orphanage.

SoYoung told TaeYoung that TP likes Saebyuk and the reason of him against the adoption for behaving strangly. But TY does not think of it .. SY is observant...

SooBin went to visit MinJung and saw the ring and admiring it.. Minjung was happy that SooBin thinks the ring is nice and it was left by her mother in law.... SooBin put on the ring and pretended it could not be removed... ( Good trick of her)... MinJung told SooBin to use it since she is gonna pass on to the future daughter in law.. SooBin gonna use the ring as evidence and flash iit at the office.

HoSae told Saebyuk in the car he will break off the engagement and he is doing it his life.. Saebyuk asked if SooBin is aware of this matter.. HoSae mentioned he will handle it..

Young Sook told Saebyuk of the adoption being brought up with the family. Saebyuk asked is Halmonie agreeing to it?

will wait fot detailed translation from vballer87 ... :lol::D

Guest divasma

Concerning the actor who played the guy from the Italian company - oh he was soooooo awful, I agree. But Ithink he might also have been the same actor who played a military officer (an American, I think) in Seoul 1945. Does anyone remember this?

Archived