[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

The whole design team must have surmised that SooBin destroyed SaeByuk's design proposal with the inclusion of the European version of her kitchen. They immediately stifled their conversation and avoided gazing at SooBin when she came into the office. It would be a simple step for them to realize that SooBin was the one who threw away SaeByuk's original proposal.

Kang ChilBok's reaction when he came into HoSae's office and confronted SooBin must mean that he heard SooBin admit to having withheld SaeByuk's European Design from the Italian investor.

I think the whole HoByuk camp will like this week's episodes. I predict that this is the "big event" that snowballs and keeps SaeByuk from going to Russia. This might also be the time for HoSae to show Kang ChilBok the CD/DVD video of SooBin throwing away SaeByuk's original proposal. When ChilBok keeps SaeByuk as a designer at Lohas in Seoul, he'll probably use that as leverage to keep HoSae from resigning and leaving for the US.

I hope SooBin gets demoted or fired, but it's probably a little too early in the series for that to happen. The series will need to keep SooBin at Lohas to retain the high tension level, though the balance of favor with ChilBok and the high regards of the design team will shift toward SaeByuk.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole design team must have surmised that SooBin destroyed SaeByuk's design proposal with the inclusion of .

I hope SooBin gets demoted or fired, but it's probably a little too early in the series for that to happen. The series will need to keep SooBin at Lohas to retain the high tension level, though the balance of favor with ChilBok and the high regards of the design team will shift toward SaeByuk.

Agreed! Soobin will be at Lohas for quite a while. And plus she's got Minjung's support who thinks Saebyuk is bent on getting in the way of Soobin's and Hosae's "relationship". Unless of course Minjung has had enough of Soobin's mums ridiculous antics!

Looking at how much Taepoong cares for Saebyuk, I really wish Saebyuk is not the lost daughter. Taepoong is more deserving of Saebyuk. At the ending credit when the song played "nae sarang I love you"(hope I got that right) I really wish its Saebyuk singing to Taepoong.

Guest dbart001

The whole design team must have surmised that SooBin destroyed SaeByuk's design proposal with the inclusion of the European version of her kitchen. They immediately stifled their conversation and avoided gazing at SooBin when she came into the office. It would be a simple step for them to realize that SooBin was the one who threw away SaeByuk's original proposal.

Kang ChilBok's reaction when he came into HoSae's office and confronted SooBin must mean that he heard SooBin admit to having withheld SaeByuk's European Design from the Italian investor.

I think the whole HoByuk camp will like this week's episodes. I predict that this is the "big event" that snowballs and keeps SaeByuk from going to Russia. This might also be the time for HoSae to show Kang ChilBok the CD/DVD video of SooBin throwing away SaeByuk's original proposal. When ChilBok keeps SaeByuk as a designer at Lohas in Seoul, he'll probably use that as leverage to keep HoSae from resigning and leaving for the US.

What did CB heard? Did he hear Soobin's confession about tearing Sb's proposal or did he hear something and will assume that Soobin was the one who did proposal to the Italian guys? I'm confused...Help!...

Guest soccer08

At least Hosae's father is now aware of Subin's true colors.

correct! How can soobin redeem herself to chilbok (lohas) to what she did (if chilbok heard that soobin is the one who doesn't want to show saebyuk's proposal to the foreign investors.). Also now somehow they owe something to saebyuk because of her the Italian investor will invest at lohas (for sure it will give lohas lots of money that's why they are really trying to have their approval on the designs). And I think (i hope) the project that the Italian like will be a project of saebyuk and hose... (that will irritate soobin more... hehehehe!)

Guest jbigdog123

What did CB heard? Did he hear Soobin's confession about tearing Sb's proposal or did he hear something and will assume that Soobin was the one who did proposal to the Italian guys? I'm confused...Help!...

He overheard that Soobin admitting she hid SB's new design and he also asked what Soobin mean by taking care of earlier SB's design.

I think Soobin is going to gain some sympathy from Min Jung and meybe even Chil Bok for this. She'll most likely turn the tables by saying Hose and Saebyuk wronging her by falling in love is turning her into a bad person. Min Jung is not going to see how calculating Soobin is.

I just hope that one day Soobin gets extorted by the guy she used to block in Min Jung that time and that little scheme gets exposed for all to see how long she's been a psycho.

Secretly Soobin is my favorite character. She just looks like so much fun to play. She gets to be crazy, but with just enough humanity that you almost feel sorry for her....don't kill me for saying that. :sweatingbullets:

Guest dianneGT

Looking at how much Taepoong cares for Saebyuk, I really wish Saebyuk is not the lost daughter. Taepoong is more deserving of Saebyuk. At the ending credit when the song played "nae sarang I love you"(hope I got that right) I really wish its Saebyuk singing to Taepoong.

Secretly Soobin is my favorite character. She just looks like so much fun to play. She gets to be crazy, but with just enough humanity that you almost feel sorry for her....don't kill me for saying that. :sweatingbullets:

The character SooBin must be almost as fun and challenging to play as the character DoYoung from "Women In The Sun", though it's not as well written. The actress playing SooBin is really good. I heard that she is a really nice young lady, but she seems to draw a lot of "evil" roles.

Gong Hyun Joo (Kim SooBin) and Jung Ae Ri (Oh Young Sook) are my two favorite actors/actresses in this drama.

Guest damifino

I think Soobin is going to gain some sympathy from Min Jung and meybe even Chil Bok for this. She'll most likely turn the tables by saying Hose and Saebyuk wronging her by falling in love is turning her into a bad person. Min Jung is not going to see how calculating Soobin is.

I just hope that one day Soobin gets extorted by the guy she used to block in Min Jung that time and that little scheme gets exposed for all to see how long she's been a psycho.

She might get sympathy from Hosae's mom and her mom with yet another one of her lies, but I doubt she's going to get any sympathy from Hosae's father (if she doesn't do something to prove that she didn't do all the things she actually did AND he believes her). There is a limit to how much he will let his company suffer for the sake of his wife's will. Sending Saebyuk to Russia is one thing, since all she was was a lowly intern (until they hired her permanently just to transfer her), what did he care whether she's at Lohas or in Russia if it will bring about peace and harmony to his home? But for Soobin to sabotage the company and potentially cause them to lose a big client? Also, this being not even her first time sabotaging Saebyuk and thus the company? I don't see Hosae's dad just glossing this over so lightly. He might or might not fire Soobin just yet, for the sake of his wife, but I think he's lost the rose-colored glasses he wore for Soobin permanently.

Character wise, Soobin is the same as Hosae, Saebyuk, and Taepoong for me... all annoying as hell. The only folks that behave like normal human beings who are going through a hardship are TaeYoung and SoYoung. The others' behaviors are just too odd for me to sympathize with.

Guest divasma

She might get sympathy from Hosae's mom and her mom with yet another one of her lies, but I doubt she's going to get any sympathy from Hosae's father (if she doesn't do something to prove that she didn't do all the things she actually did AND he believes her). There is a limit to how much he will let his company suffer for the sake of his wife's t does happen just th will. Sending Saebyuk to Russia is one thing, since all she was was a lowly intern (until they hired her permanently just to transfer her), what did he care whether she's at Lohas or in Russia if it will bring about peace and harmony to his home? But for Soobin to sabotage the company and potentially cause them to lose a big client? Also, this being not even her first time sabotaging Saebyuk and thus the company? I don't see Hosae's dad just glossing this over so lightly. He might or might not fire Soobin just yet, for the sake of his wife, but I think he's lost the rose-colored glasses he wore for Soobin permanently.

ITA 100% and I hope she gets her just desserts! Actually I hope Soobin, her mom and Hosae's mom do.

Guest sweetheart0085

Character wise, Soobin is the same as Hosae, Saebyuk, and Taepoong for me... all annoying as hell. The only folks that behave like normal human beings who are going through a hardship are TaeYoung and SoYoung. The others' behaviors are just too odd for me to sympathize with.

Hahahaha...that's true, TaeSo couple are the only ones behaving like real life people

ah and don't forget Taeyoung's Father and MAYBE the mom too.

The grandma [though annoying] behaves like a typical overbearing grandma

and the Mayor to be[soobin's dad] is also like an official in real life.

Oh and not to forget SoYoung's mom and daughter, plus Saebyuk's friend too.

That lives out...Soobin's mom and Hosae's mom,

Hosae's dad doesn't really behave like the head of company...i lost my respect for his character when he agreed with his wife on Company matters[the Saebyuk to Russia business] when she had no say in it.

TaePoong is kinda real, kinda not real for me...when he is animated it seems not real but i love his character^^

Oh and Yuri is soo spolied that i'm not sure wheither to sympathize or not with her.

As for Saebyuk, Soobin, Hosae, and Taepoong...i like their characters not being normal cos that's the only way they can keep my interest for this long^^

80회 :: 2008년 8월 26일 화요일

칠복은 수빈이 새벽의 시안을 파기했음을 알고 진노하며 수빈에게 크게 실망하고, 수빈은 어떻게든 변명해보려 한다. 임신에 좋다는 태영이의 한약을 어쩌다 풍금에게 줘버린 소영은 안절부절 못하고, 호세는 새벽을 전담 디자이너로 삼아 계약을 하고 싶다는 쏠사의 연락을 받고 새벽에게 전달하며, 자신은 사표를 내고 미국으로 떠나려 한다는 의사를 밝히는데......

Can you [or anyone else] please translate what this text means...Thank you very much :)

Guest damifino

^ Although Mr. Kang runs the company on the day to day operations, Mrs. Kang is just as much an owner of the company as he is. They started the company together so she has a perfect right to say what goes on in THEIR company (however ill-reasoned and idiotic).

As for the previews, it says that:

Mr. Kang is greatly disappointed in Soobin after finding out that Soobin destroyed Saebyuk's proposal and Soobin tries her best to explain the situation to him. So Young is worried about having given Tae Young's herbal medicine for virility to the grandma and doesn't know what to do. Hosae tells Saebyuk of Solce's request to have Saebyuk as their main designer for their contract and tells her of his resignation and his plans to go to the US.

Practically everyone on this show, from the grandmother to the parents to the main characters all don't behave like normal human beings either. Sure, it's great to have a great character who is unique and special on TV, but their core behavior has to make sense in the context of how a human being would react under similar circumstances. The behavior of characters are a bit off and the storyline also doesn't make any true sense.

Why did Mrs. Kim despise Saebyuk so much in the beginning? It's one thing not to want to associate with Saebyuk because of the pain, but she outright HATED Saebyuk and was extremely rude to her. It's not as if Saebyuk killed her daughter and stole her cornea. Her daughter died and DONATED the cornea. Then all of a sudden Mrs. Kim adored Saebyuk after she took her to the hospital after she collapsed. It's normal to be grateful when someone does something like that, but she went from hating her to loving her almost instantly without much transition. Why was it that Mrs. Kim wanted to adopt a grown woman? You can still have a close relationship without adopting especially an adult. Why is she ok with letting Saebyuk leave to go to another country after what happened to Na Young? It's one thing if she gave in after much consideration, but after saying that she should have never let Na Young go to Africa only a couple of months ago, she didn't give a second thought about Saebyuk going to Russia other than being sad that they didn't have enough time to bond... no concerns for her safety and welfare? How could Saebyuk just gloss over what her friend did to her when she took off with the money? It's like she was mad for a day and just forgave her and now they are both acting like nothing happened. There are no repercussions over a loss of trust. When and where did Taepoong fall in love with Saebyuk and for what reason, for that matter why did any of the other folks? Tae Young, he's always had a crush on So Young since he was a teenager so a chance meeting with her 20 years later felt like fate to him and brought back all those old feelings. So Young, she got pregnant in high school and has spent the past 20 years only concerned with her daughter. She never really had a love before and the attentions of someone who loves her that much gave her feelings she never knew existed and swept her off her feet. OK, that makes sense in terms of their personal history and psyche and I can see why this relationship moved so fast. But what about the others? They didn't really show a thorough thought-out process as to why any of the others like the other person, muchless love them. Nothing on the show has shown me how and when these people fell in love other than them saying that they are in love.

I won't even get into the acting because that's another long essay in and of itself :lol:

Why did Mrs. Kim despise Saebyuk so much in the beginning? It's one thing not to want to associate with them because of the pain, but she outright HATED Saebyuk. It's not as if Saebyuk killed her daughter and stole her cornea. Her daughter died and DONATED the cornea. Girl I wish I knew the answer to that one. I always thought she was being completely irrational towards Saebyuk.

Why is she ok with letting Saebyuk leave to go to another country after what happened to Na Young? It's one thing if she gave in after much consideration, but after saying that she should have never let Na Young go to Africa, she didn't give a second thought to sending Saebyuk to Russia other than being sad that they didn't have enough time to bond... no concerns for her safety and welfare? Hahahaha. It's funny how you're asking yourself the same questions I have while watching.

How could Saebyuk just gloss over what her friend did to her when she took off with the money? This one still boggles the mind. My firiend and I would be OVER if she pulled a stunt like that with me. This, I've decided is just one of those insane Kdrama plots where people are stupidly nice and ridiculously generous/forgiving.

I won't even get into the acting because that's another long essay in and of itself :lol:

The 'acting'. Oh Lord. You're right to leave that one alone.

I've had this question since the 15th episode and it's the second mind boggling one I ever had with this series, the first being how they could have kept NaYoung's death a secret from the family for a month and most idiotically to the very day she was supposed to have returned.

But here is my mindbuster, why did SaeByuk return to the house after being warned away by Taeyoung on that fateful day where the big secret was revealed. Really, why? Did she not understand the situation as he explained it to her or grasp the urgency? Why did she return —well, aside from to get caught?

Another question, did Bukho ever return the items in the handbag that were obviously not hers. I mean she opens it and sees another woman's wallet and the works inside, what did she ever do with them? I know she certainly didn't use the ID inside to mail SooBin back her stuff and she certainly didn't send a parcel to Saebyuk with them inside with a little note. I mean that purse brought a lot of problems into Saebyuk's life, I want to know what happened to the contents.

Why did Mrs. Kim despise Saebyuk so much in the beginning? It's one thing not to want to associate with Saebyuk because of the pain, but she outright HATED Saebyuk and was extremely rude to her. It's not as if Saebyuk killed her daughter and stole her cornea. Her daughter died and DONATED the cornea. Then all of a sudden Mrs. Kim adored Saebyuk after she took her to the hospital after she collapsed. It's normal to be grateful when someone does something like that, but she went from hating her to loving her almost instantly without much transition. Why was it that Mrs. Kim wanted to adopt a grown woman? You can still have a close relationship without adopting especially an adult. Why is she ok with letting Saebyuk leave to go to another country after what happened to Na Young? It's one thing if she gave in after much consideration, but after saying that she should have never let Na Young go to Africa, she didn't give a second thought to sending Saebyuk to Russia other than being sad that they didn't have enough time to bond... no concerns for her safety and welfare?

Oh YoungSook knew that she was being irrational in despising SaeByuk in the beginning. It's a reaction from grief over NaYoung's death. Denial was the first part of her grieving process. She then started to blame others... her husband and son... then SaeByuk. She knew NaYoung donated her body, with DaeJin's subsequent approval, but she can't help feeling that the receivers of NaYoung's organs stole parts of her daughter... and SaeByuk was the only one she knew who she can focus her anger upon.

Oh YoungSook began the process of accepting NaYoung's death when she began to long to see SaeByuk as a living legacy to NaYoung's life. We saw her going out of her way to pass by the Sauna House just to catch a glimpse of SaeByuk.

Oh YoungSook began to let herself like SaeByuk when she fell in front of the Sauna House and SaeByuk insisted on taking her home... even though SaeByuk said she knew that YoungSook hated her.

Oh YoungSook actually began to like SaeByuk when SaeByuk worked hard, and cooked for the family even after YoungSook scolded her and chased her out of the kitchen. We can see the considering look on her face when she examined the food SaeByuk prepared.

Oh YoungSook let herself be nice to SaeByuk the first time when SaeByuk came home hungry and yet didn't come in to eat upon seeing her unhappy visage. Everyone in the family thought she was angry when she got up. In fact, she left to bring an extra set of eating utensils for SaeByuk. She scolded SaeByuk for crying at being accepted at the dinner table... while we can see that she was touched by SaeByuk's emotions.

Oh YoungSook began to see SaeByuk as a daughter when SaeByuk insisted on accompanying her to the market to help her. She began to feel happy with SaeByuk's company when she saw how happy SaeByuk was with the opportunity to go shopping with her like a mother and daughter.

......Then all of a sudden Mrs. Kim adored Saebyuk after she took her to the hospital after she collapsed.......

This was not a sudden transition from hate to love... but part of a process.

Oh YoungSook saw SaeByuk as a daughter who can understand and comfort her when SaeByuk figured out that she would go to the site of NaYoung's ashes when she was upset over TaeYoung/SoYoung announcing that they were a couple. You can see the wonder and realization on her face as she gazed at SaeByuk when SaeByuk crouched down and gently hugged her and murmured "ajuma".

Oh YoungSook wanted to adopt SaeByuk to give her a family to prevent the type of abuses she saw MinJung dealing out to SaeByuk. Oh YoungSook told MinJung not to abuse SaeByuk anymore because she is making SaeByuk her daughter. She was already loving and treating SaeByuk as a daughter. The adoption process is only the expression of what her heart was feeling... done to protect SaeByuk as well as making official their existing mother/daughter relationship.

At this point in the drama, Oh YoungSook has gone through the grieving process, accepted NaYoung's death, and has recovered. She knows that letting NaYoung go to Africa had nothing to do with her death. After all, NaYoung died as a result of a vehicular accident right in Seoul. She is treating SaeByuk as her true daughter, so she is giving permission to SaeByuk to go to Russia... just as she gave permission for NaYoung to go to Africa. She knows she will miss SaeByuk, but she wants to let SaeByuk do what is necessary for her career.

Archived