[drama 2008] When It's At Night 밤이면 밤마다

Guest kdramafanusa

truely, kdrama is bad for health! kekek! i think i have the baddest case of addiction, i couldn't even concentrate on my work....it's a good think i'm on my own boss! hahaha! if you find any cure or on how to deal with it, let me know...coz right now, i don't need any cure! i'm uncureable until this series is over...6 episodes to go everyone and i'm enjoying the ride...!!!!

after Every Night, i'm gonna retire from watching Kdrama for a while..This will be the last Kdrama i'll be watching without skimming,fast-forwarding and browsing...come to think of it, the last one i've seen that i did not even skip any scenes and stayed up until 4am watching "Wedding."

..,yeah me too..i thinks mines the worse of all, after hearing that there was a kdrama for KSA OMG i was really excited! that was just 2 weeks ago, i really did search everywhere on web just to find some news about WIAN and when i found it in YT i'm so frustrated because there's no engsubs i search for about 6hours only in YT (going to bathroom is only my brake). You see i'm already married and i'm a housewife, in past 2 weeks until now i'm not doing well in my chores, my husband tell me that i'm getting addicted it's not a big deal for him about me getting addict on kdrama but he's angry w/me not sleeping at all i only have 3-4hrs sleep in one day because of WIAN :lol: but its fine as long as i'm happy...and after WIAN i think i'm not retiring i'm going to watch it all over again like what i did in MNKSS.. :D

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh come on we love sun ah by everything she do,.. many cellebrity man or woman smoking.. maybe most of them for men some for women . sometimes they smoking to makes them slim ( for women ), ( dunno !!, iam not smoking ), maybe environment influenced them as long she's not using drugs

I am not saying I'm right, its just gut feel. I used to be a smoker and I can tell whether one is inexperienced or not from the way they handle the cigarette. Suna placed the cigarette in the middle of her mouth; normally, a smoker would put the cigarette a little bit on the side of the mouth and it allows one to inhale easily. You don't smoke that is why you can't tell.

Guest kanshu
I think KBS is fully aware of the consequences of his actions. Like that consultant's job, he was the one who devised the scheme and he knew exactly what will happen. He knew that it would upset the team, especially HC; afterall, he was the one who sent them to that wild goose chase. For him, it was a well thought out plan with the goal of him getting the consultant's job, which he did and he was very smug about it. I even think that he did it on purpose just to ruffle HC's feathers. If he were to act the way you described it, then he would not be KBS.

I think you nailed it when you said "Or does he think so highly of his own ablities that he never considered what would happen if he failed?"

Ah... i think I understand now... you and I see the same thing, but from a different angle. My point is that he doesn't think things through to the end - the full end. I agree that the character who would think things through to the full end would no longer be KBS - but I never meant to say that he's supposed to change into a person like that. :sweatingbullets: I just tried to describe two different sorts of behaviour, the one that your description evokes in me when you say he's calculating, etc, and the discrepany that my own interpretation of what a calculating character's supposed to be causes.

So I just kind of tried to say your "calculating", and "being fully aware of the consequences" is basically what I think "gut planning" is. Doing something to spite HCH and annoy her is not a smart thing, it's KBS ego and inner child at the planning controls. Which is entirely my point, he doesn't THINK... I mean, he thinks, but doesn't think... erm... does that make any sense to you at all? I don't know how to explain it... I mean, THINK, like in properly thinking things through, in my book, would be Galileo-style, Yukawa-sensei. But KBS is not locked up in a lab where he has the time to think things through, he's in the Real Life outside and has to think on his feet, short term decisions, which usually work out good for him...

Ack! I'm just lousy at explaining, that's all. Sorry if I bore you with this, i.e. since I think we're on the same page about the character. :sweatingbullets:

Maybe the future episodes will give us a clue.

I hope so! :)

I have never really seen KBS lose total control of himself except some outbursts here and there like the loss of the scroll which is normal and undertandable. But beyond that, were there incidents that I was not aware of? Maybe I missed something.

I didn't say that he lost control lengthly; this is something he never does. It's always outbursts with him, since he's working himself up over a certain aspect; which may or may not be related to his past. (I see think that the key point for his first "losing control", when he yelled at HCH for arresting the girl's robber-dad on the girl's birthday, was triggered by him feeling for the girl, whose father was taken away on her birthday, tapping right into his own many birthdays without his parents... There, you can see him going from his usual suave ways to a very different personae, single minded on persuading HCH to fulfill the father's wish, which suddenly became the only possible option to him, and then blowing off the handle when she didn't do it; added personal disappointment at someone he thinks is a good person "people I like don't do such things"; watch how he treated HCH before he left. Compare that to the scroll-incident, and you'll find a similar pattern there; this time triggered by him losing something valuable (from a professional point, but I also think it's his heart that just embraces these artefacts), and once he has found a possible solution, it suddenly becomes the only solution (thinking that it's HCH behind things))

For some odd reason, while thinking about this, I have that scene of KBS being teased by his grandfather about HCH in my mind; It was very subtle, but KBS had to get his grandfather's approval on HCH - and when the grandfather retracted his initial comment, KBS was all trying to find out why and chased after him to change his grandfather's opinion.

But again, I think we are basically on the same page here, just that we highlight different aspects of the same matter as "important". :)

I have to admit that I'm thouroughly enjoy the discussion with you. It makes me think, and re-examine my own thoughts (and rewatch!)... so it's a good thing that makes me happy, and love the show even more. :)

truely, kdrama is bad for health! kekek! i think i have the baddest case of addiction, i couldn't even concentrate on my work....it's a good think i'm on my own boss! hahaha! if you find any cure or on how to deal with it, let me know...coz right now, i don't need any cure! i'm uncureable until this series is over...6 episodes to go everyone and i'm enjoying the ride...!!!!

after Every Night, i'm gonna retire from watching Kdrama for a while..This will be the last Kdrama i'll be watching without skimming,fast-forwarding and browsing...come to think of it, the last one i've seen that i did not even skip any scenes and stayed up until 4am watching "Wedding."

Heh! I hope you're not going to retire. I'll miss you! :tears::(

But cutting back is sometimes neccessary... I learned that when recapping too much. But I've already another show that has me hooked; earlier mentioned "Lawyers of Korea"... which is addicting like hell. Or rather, Han Min Gook is. :sweatingbullets:

kdrama is like a drug, WIAN i.e., in that it manages to distract me from Real Life like nothing else does at the moment....

..,yeah me too..i thinks mines the worse of all, after hearing that there was a kdrama for KSA OMG i was really excited! that was just 2 weeks ago, i really did search everywhere on web just to find some news about WIAN and when i found it in YT i'm so frustrated because there's no engsubs i search for about 6hours only in YT (going to bathroom is only my brake). You see i'm already married and i'm a housewife, in past 2 weeks until now i'm not doing well in my chores, my husband tell me that i'm getting addicted it's not a big deal for him about me getting addict on kdrama but he's angry w/me not sleeping at all i only have 3-4hrs sleep in one day because of WIAN :lol: but its fine as long as i'm happy...and after WIAN i think i'm not retiring i'm going to watch it all over again like what i did in MNKSS.. :D

you're worse than me... :D i'm glad you're caught up with this thread...

Heh! I hope you're not going to retire. I'll miss you! tears.gif sad.gif

But cutting back is sometimes neccessary... I learned that when recapping too much. But I've already another show that has me hooked; earlier mentioned "Lawyers of Korea"... which is addicting like hell. Or rather, Han Min Gook is. sweatingbullets.gif

kdrama is like a drug, WIAN i.e., in that it manages to distract me from Real Life like nothing else does at the moment....

Of course i'm still gonna be checking back here for the release of English Subs from B.O.N fansubs..

I am not saying I'm right, its just gut feel. I used to be a smoker and I can tell whether one is inexperienced or not from the way they handle the cigarette. Suna placed the cigarette in the middle of her mouth; normally, a smoker would put the cigarette a little bit on the side of the mouth and it allows one to inhale easily. You don't smoke that is why you can't tell.

can you tell by the color of their teeth?? i remember the first time i lit my first cigarette...i lit the side with the foam...hahahahhaaha! *toinks* never smoke after that...

i wanna see that interview with Kim Jung Hwa in MBC....i dunno how to get it and post it here... :(:(

Guest kanshu
Of course i'm still gonna be checking back here for the release of English Subs from B.O.N fansubs..

I had hoped to see you in another thread. :) But when your hiatus is over, perhaps? They have a few promising looking shows lined up for after the Olypics, so maybe then? :)

can you tell by the color of their teeth?? i remember the first time i lit my first cigarette...i lit the side with the foam...hahahahhaaha! *toinks* never smoke after that...

Usually, amongst other indicators, you can tell by the color of the teeth (yellowing), the gum (localized blue-ish tingue where the end od the cigarette "sticks" in the mouth, due to local lack of oxygen caused by the nicotin's vessel-constricting properties), facial skin (the skin of a smoker ages much faster) and the hands, in particular finger nails, the skin right around the finger nails, the first digit of the fingers, i.e. index, middle finger and thumb, and also the skin folds over the finger joints (all get dark/yellowish). The degree of those "markers" varies, depending on the person and on the amount of cigs per day.

The problem with actors/actresses lies within the fact that they bleach their teeth, and most also get facial and hand treatments, so the skin on those parts won't be available as an indicator most of the time. So the only half-way safe "indicator" would be the gum, but unless you get a real broad laugh that shows lots of teeth& gum, it can be hard to spot.

With LDG, for example, he laughs but he usually doesn't show his full teeth when laughing. In comparision, Shin Sung Rok (3 Dads One Mom) laughs with his teeth bared, so you see a lot of gum every time, hence it was fairly simple to tell that he's smoking.

(Of course, in real life there would be the simple "stink" test... the smell of cigaretts sticks to clothes and body and it's easy to distinguish.)

I had hoped to see you in another thread. :) But when your hiatus is over, perhaps? They have a few promising looking shows lined up for after the Olypics, so maybe then? :)

yeah! definitely i'll see you around kanshu. i might see you all in "Painter of the Wind" thread..other than that no other upcoming drama attracting me right now.....can't wait for the Olympics! too bad about the smug they're having in Beijing.

(Of course, in real life there would be the simple "stink" test... the smell of cigaretts sticks to clothes and body and it's easy to distinguish.)

ohh gossh!! that's what i hate the most aside from yellow teeth, and stinky mouth..sorry if i offended anyone here that smokes.....

..,ahhh ok sowie :blush:

it's okay.....i did that too when i didn't know any better...

Guest kanshu
yeah! definitely i'll see you around kanshu. i might see you all in "Painter of the Wind" thread..other than that no other upcoming drama attracting me right now.....can't wait for the Olympics! too bad about the smug they're having in Beijing.

Painter of the Wind is one drama in which the summary&characters left me uninterested... my current watching schedule is, outside of Lawyers, Beethoven Virus, The World that they Live in, and Love Marriage... character-wise, the seem to be interesting, even if the plots are not really anything new.

But! Fortunately, there will still be a full three weeks of WIAN left before serious withdrawl symptoms set in. I just hope that they'll bring out the sales-version with good english subtitles soon.

Just four more days until episode 11. I think this is one of the rare times where I can't wait for the weekend to be over. :)

Painter of the Wind is one drama in which the summary&characters left me uninterested... my current watching schedule is, outside of Lawyers, Beethoven Virus, The World that they Live in, and Love Marriage... character-wise, the seem to be interesting, even if the plots are not really anything new.

But! Fortunately, there will still be a full three weeks of WIAN left before serious withdrawl symptoms set in. I just hope that they'll bring out the sales-version with good english subtitles soon.

Just four more days until episode 11. I think this is one of the rare times where I can't wait for the weekend to be over. :)

that's right...Every Night have less than a month to air...i hope KSA will have another small screen project or another movie...

see you all in 5 hrs! g'nite everyone!!

th_feedme.jpg

Guest pmmonkey

:blush: I'd like to thank kanshu for helping me in getting WIAN episodes.

And, well, I'd like to help out those who can't get them from MU and bigmail like me.

So for start, here's ep10 uploaded to sendspace.

(Sorry, can't use mediafire, cos my Uni net blocks it)

It's separated into 4 parts. Unzip them and join them using hjsplit.

Part1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/n03sg4

Part2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/m9aj8v

Part3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/504jlx

Part4: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xil2fc

As for the subbed episodes, I think I need to get BON's permission first.

Anyone from BON here?

..,i watched all the WIAN MV's and NG's

..,good job guyz for making MV's its a masterpiece, had a good laugh at WIAN MV's-first date of blink182 the fast-forwarding fits the music, favorite so far is WIAN MV's-all the things she said by tatu, love that song...nice work!!!

..,the NG's OMG its really funny esp the KBS and HCH running away from the yakuza's, HCH in kimono ("sakit ng tiyan ko kakatawa") :w00t::lol: don't know how to express it in english term but i really had a crazy :w00t: laugh in that NG, my son saw me and he said mommy is crazy??

..,have to log-out now :unsure: i'm a bit tired my eyes and my neck are killing me :fury:

..,well be back in an hour, really enjoyed the forum B) im getting addicted :blink: in this forum hope to have a good discussion later..

..,see you all in 4-5 hours ok bye.... :tears:

Guest kanshu
that's right...Every Night have less than a month to air...i hope KSA will have another small screen project or another movie...

You know, the really sd thing is not that one won't see the actor for a while (because there's always a new project), but that the character will be gone for good. Unless there's a follow up season, in three weeks we'll reach the end of the character development, the integration of KBS into the team, we'll never see how little brother gets his first GF or how he gets married, or what horrible consequences it will have if TL Kang marries Lady Wang... :sweatingbullets:

Will Scar Guy and his promotion-hungry opponent ever see the end of it? How many babies will KBS and HCH have?...

I know it's kind of stupid and silly, but even if this are unreal persons, I'm curious about what the future holds in store for them, because I've grown to like them. :)

You know, the really sd thing is not that one won't see the actor for a while (because there's always a new project), but that the character will be gone for good. Unless there's a follow up season, in three weeks we'll reach the end of the character developement, the intergration of KBS into the team, we'll never see how little brother gets his first GF or how he gets married, or what horrible consequences it will have if TL Kang marries Lady Wang... :sweatingbullets:

Will Scar Guy and his promotion-hungry opponent ever see the end of it? How many babies will KBS and HCH have?...

I know it's kind of stupid and silly, but even if this are unreal persons, I'm curious about what the future holds in store for them, because I've grown to like them. :)

hi kanshu!

kids for KBS and HCH?? that'll happen in our mind and maybe some PS later on....like MNIKSS! hahaha at first i thought they actually had kids then it was just her dream/imagination..CH little brother doesn't seem like he wants a GF, he just wanna gawk at girls...lol

the scar guy, dang i can tell that guy works out! hahaha but i love those two quarrel and make up..lol

Thanks so much, guys. Real interesting and lively thread.

Love to read the different thought provoking character

analysis. But I noticed that most of them were on KBS. What

about CH's? What is she thinking actually? Is she still

hoping that TL Kang will accept her? Or has she developed

interests in KBS? Why did she drink like this? What's in her

mind? Anyone care to comment?

Archived