[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

obsessiveness toward cg.

and yeah his forced kiss is not right.. but who caused that to happen actually? Isnt it yul's lies??

Yul's lies caused Shin to kiss CG? I thought it was because Yul kissed CG on the forehead and Shin was there to see it. At least thats what I saw. Shin wanted to claim his territory by leaving his saliva on CG.

Erhmm and yul already knows how shin feels for cg.. if he leave and give them some space.. shin wouldnt be jealous and everything wouldnt happen.. what piano says is true.. yul knows where cg's heart lies and he deliberating lies about shin, etc etc..

and yeah i know it is because of shin being an richard simmons in the 1st place so cg believed yul..

but since yul already knows that shin likes cg already, isnt that "if u care more for CG, i would have back off"an excuse to stay by cg's side??

Shin changed for the better already and he tries his best to shows it but cg kind of shove everything in shin's face.

Ok, now Yul know how Shin cared for CG because Shin said it, but back then he didnt. We would have to see how Yul acts from now on.

and yeah love is uncontrollable.. yes. my thinking is.. since u know the person u love, love another. and that guy loves her back.. shouldnt u help them insteading of lying and tear them apart?

well.. and what cilik said is also true.. all of them hurt each other... vicious chain reactions

Yes you would try to help them, but when you see them getting hurt you want to get them out of the unhealthy relationship, which is what I think Yul was doing.

-Ai

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone translete the preview 22 in episode 21?

and the scene in epi 21 when shin crys and cg cry on the floor

thanks

hi it has been translated a few pages back =D

and Aivi : this is a friendly thread... we are having friendly disccusiion.. pls do not sound like u want to kill all the shin campers lOlx

i dun wanna continue because i can come up with a whole million list of what to say to defend shin so i dun want to spam the thread.

edited : and U are entitled to what u think.. we are juz giving some opinions.. well i think i am bias.. i love shin.

and getting cg out of the unhealthy relationship when yul is the one making it unhealthy.. he needs a doc.

off to bed bye

Guest douming

Thanks maysialee, your clubbox is always so fast for me (118 kb/s so far.. hehe)

I saw the preview for this episode and I can't believe Shin cried. Why are all korean actors so good at crying? >_>...

laceytam, I suggest you backlog, by doing so you'll find all the answers you need. Please refer to page 1541 for all translations. If it's not on that page, do check the previous pages if not the pages after. Most of the translations can be easily found around there.

kim_phuong, you can find links to eppie 21 on page 1545, all thanks to our lovely Sophendo.

Edit:

Ratings for eppie 22 -

Seoul: 25.2%

Nationwide: 24.6%

Still 2nd :D , but I guess even fans in Korea are going through what we are going through, but still, I'm sure there are still loyal GOONGERS there as well...(donilpark?)

Uhh... you do know that England has a constitutional monarchy.. the same type of monarchy in Goong's setting in which the King just has a ceremonial role and doesn't directly control the affairs of the nation (which the Prime Minister handle)? XD I mean... England has always had the PM handle the affairs, and so does the government in Goong's setting... sooo... I mean if you want it to be like England.. XDD then there'll be no changes?

And as for Yul = Simba.. XDDD the similiarity only really ends to the fact that he came back to regain his throne. XD On the personality and everything else.. I beg to differ. XDD 5% similarity maybe..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_monarchy <-- info on the type of monarchy England has now. :3 and Goong..

Right now, I dont think Goong's monarchy is like England's. They have the Prime Minister, but it looks like the Prime Minister's role is just a public relations guy. Does Goong's world have a Parliment like the UK's?

Yul is different from Simba personality-wise because they had different experiences. Besides, Simba had guilt when coming back to regain his throne. He lived thinking he killed his dad so he didnt have confidence that the throne belonged to him.

-Ai

Guest Pikachu

Ok, now Yul know how Shin cared for CG because Shin said it, but back then he didnt. We would have to see how Yul acts from now on.

:P He acts the same, except more plotting and more desperate. :3 and putting more pressure on CG to separate with Shin.

Guest danbi

Yul honest ? please.....he back stabs his cousin, telling lies into CG''s and manipulating her knowing that she doesnt love him (as the story goes but now I dont know...CG kept geting close to Yul knowing that she will get herself into trouble)....who is so blind to say that Yul is HONEST? gosh

CG claims she loves Shin, but what does she do for him? nothing, she chose to be in the palace the in the first place, no 1 was forcing her the marriage, she wanted to marry Shin to help her family ....and now she claims she loves him...but she doesnt do much except causing trouble, she doesnt like the palace,....but I think every1 there is supporting her....there...only when she makes mistakes...yet she made so many anyway. and now her family is well of she wants to leave the palace...hmmm think about this...

Shin doesnt do alot to her,,,but at least he let her go home, and a few things here and there...taking her to summer place and so on...yet he didnt say a word about love....seem like his love for her is lots stronger than her love for him.

i agree...

yul needs to let it go... if cg likes him the way he likes her... then she is bound to go after him.

cg? i think u got a point... however i think she does "love like etc" shin... but she jus wants shin to say it back~

shin... he doesnt do a lot for her but... what do u expect~ he follows traditional rules? not only that but he has a limit of how to act and what to say... but the last esp. i noticed how much he hurts and how he tries so hard not to show his feelings... i think he's a true man (well his character that is).

i know he can be a little harsh with his words but honestly i think he says things to protect himself and others around him.

i also think the reason why he told cg to lie saying she wasnt with yul is to protect BOTH of them... yessss not jus her but BOTH of them :D

i hope i didnt offend anyone with anything i said... jus remeber ~

what if u had a bf/gf who u really like or love... u were brought up to be this tough manner person with limited words of emotion... u want to tell that person how much u love them? but u just dont know how to express urself... so u try (werid ways, methods, etc)... but what you do isnt enough for ur bf/gf...

then ur bf/gf compares u to a person who is complete opposites who can actually express their feelings... (and esp. that person has a thing for ur bf/gf)

could u honestly tell me u can keep ur cool?

or COULD YOU even try to protect BOTH of them... if a situation came out when both of them in trouble??

I respect your opinion and enjoyed reading your post. But like some people here, I'd like to offer my take on the situation. I don't think I agree with you when you say you can't change who a person is. I've seen a lot of people change, both for the good and bad. I wonder how old we have to be before we can start believing that people can't change no matter what? Besides, I don't think we even know what Shin's really like, since I don't believe he's ever revealed his true self. So if Chae can't change Shin, I wonder what it is that made Shin warm up to Chae (i.e., how the icey prince suddenly gave in to his wife when she force fed him, how the equivalent of a "wife-beater" can profess his love for his wife on live TV and can be so loving when the couple took a trip to the beach)? Was it just a facade? Because if I remember correctly, even Kang In, who is supposed to have known Shin for a while, has admitted that Shin is slowly changing.

EDIT: I won't try to deny that Shin has badly hurt Chae emotionally. But at the same time, I can't exactly say that both Chae and Yul have been such angels either. All three of them have inflicted some emotional pain upon one another, albeit in different ways.

You cant change one's disposition, which is a combination of genetics and environment. People can mature though and see different perspectives, which is whats happening to Shin. I only wanted him to learn to appreciate CG's uniqueness which hes starting to. Still, deep down, Shin is still a reserved person who can never completely show his feelings as freely as CG can. I guess what we're seeing are the characters maturing/evolving, which is a good thing for the story itself. One good indicator of good writing is seeing the characters mature and develop.

-Ai

Guest HeeSu

i can't seem to find mega upload for ep 21.

if someone can post it up for me thanks.

From reading all your post it looks like the next couple episodes are gonna be verry verry sad ones. :tears:

:P He acts the same, except more plotting and more desperate. :3 and putting more pressure on CG to separate with Shin.

What episode are you referring to actually? From the latest epi and the preview, I thought Shin just proclaimed his true feelings and Yul heard it. Are you fortelling the final episodes? *hehe*

-Ai

Guest andie

yul already knows how shin feels for cg...if he leave and give them some space.. shin wouldnt be jealous and everything wouldnt happen.. what piano says is true.. yul knows where cg's heart lies and he deliberating lies about shin, etc etc..

and yeah i know it is because of shin being an richard simmons in the 1st place so cg believed yul..

but since yul already knows that shin likes cg already, isnt that "if u care more for CG, i would have back off"an excuse to stay by cg's side??

Shin changed for the better already and he tries his best to shows it but cg kind of shove everything in shin's face.

I guess the thing that really bothers me now is how yul already knows shin's feelings for CG and vice versa and yet he manipulates CG's thoughts by saying "he never loved you..." and he plots with his mom! I think this is the height of selfishness on Yul's part. He knows what would make both Shin and CG happy, which is to be together because they love each other, but what Yul seems to be focused on is what will only make him happy.

I do not discount the fact that both Shin and CG are really babo and both made mistakes that's why these things happened and even Yul got entangled in all this mess because of their stupid*ty, but each has to take responsibilities for his/her actions. Shin and CG are already facing the consequences, and I know Yul's turn is about to come soon.

Guest Pikachu

Right now, I dont think Goong's monarchy is like England's. They have the Prime Minister, but it looks like the Prime Minister's role is just a public relations guy. Does Goong's world have a Parliment like the UK's?

Yul is different from Simba personality-wise because they had different experiences. Besides, Simba had guilt when coming back to regain his throne. He lived thinking he killed his dad so he didnt have confidence that the throne belonged to him.

-Ai

o_O; We never actaully see what the Prime Minister does in Goong, but we do know that the King doesn't have power over the nation. The most they do are projects related to developing arts in the country, etc.

Yul even says himself (ep 15 lunch scene if you need reference.. around 50 minute mark) that the royal family is just an expensive toy "existing to ease the boredom of people". That itself is a clear sign that the monarchy of Korea in goong is nothing but a ceremonial role. And just look at episode 1, they already stated "[2006 Korea is a Constitutional Monarchy!]". so Yes. Korea in this setting is under a constitutional monarchy. We hardly any see politics by the Prime Minister here because.. well sadly,the Prime Minister doesn't have to hear about the drama in the palace.

Anyway, Yul wants the exact opposite for the royal family of Korea. He wants more power for them. He wants an absolute monarchy. So no. it's not like England's monarchy, which I'll say again, is constitutional like Goong's korean monarchy.

and about the Simba thing. XD LOL.. it's like what's the point of comparing someone with something when they're obviously so different? XDDD;;;

What episode are you referring to actually? From the latest epi and the preview, I thought Shin just proclaimed his true feelings and Yul heard it. Are you fortelling the final episodes? *hehe*

-Ai

I guess I must have missed the part in which Yul was the one pressuring Chae Gyeong for divorce divorce tra lalala Shin doesn't love you (even though I saw him acting tender around you during my birthday :ph34r: but still! he doesn't love you! :D)

Guest susammie

well well..i have just finish watchign ep.21 omg it's so BAD! and sometimes i feel really bad for Shin Goon~...poor him :tears: can someone answer dis question for me plz Did CG kneel down there on her own will or the king was punishing her for it??? cuz..dat part i did kinda feel bad for her...cuz...yea...i hope she realize wut she have done wrong....And Yul..i think he should just shut up and dont' say anything..dont' try 2 be nice...u were the ONE who make CG into TROUBLE!..all your preaching to her about divorcing Shin!....R u Happy now Yul?? dat CG is hurt becuz of you....i thought u dont want to see the person you like get hurt! :angry: i really gonna broke down when Shin was crying...when he said dat he love her and stuff.....and when CG was feeling bad about it..........and she broke down and cry!..... it was knida shocking at the end when Yul finally told the elderlys dat he likes CG (Correct me if i'm wrong) i think becuz he kinda feel bad and stuff! But it is so sad when shin was looking at the pictures he took wiht CG at the beach..and while..CG was talking the Shin Bear she made! :tears: Well..i really think that CG does like Shin and the other way around..it's just she doesn't noe how to act..and u guys maybe right that she is jealous about shin and Hyrion past relationship..IT just all a big misunderstanding!.....

WARNING: People who are going to watch ep. 23...plz bring a whole box of tissue with you cuz..it's mite make pplz break down and cry..cuz it's a really sad epizode..worst then the others! I"m warning you now!

and i heard that the ending is going to be weird!.....not a good one.....so ...if we really want 2 see wut wiill happen next..we have 2 wait for the seaason 2!

P.S. i really think they are dragging this......to go onto 2nd season..but can't they make something..a little happier??

p.s.s i seriously miss CG laughter and smile!!..plz PD can CG smile one last time before this season ends?? :o

Guest HomelessBird

Did CG kneel down there on her own will or the king was punishing her for it??? cuz..dat part i did kinda feel bad for her...cuz...yea...i hope she realize wut she have done wrong....And Yul..i think he should just shut up and dont' say anything..dont' try 2 be nice...u were the ONE who make CG into TROUBLE!..all your preaching to her about divorcing Shin!....R u Happy now Yul?? dat CG is hurt becuz of you....i thought u dont want to see the person you like get hurt! :angry: i really gonna broke down when Shin was crying...when he said dat he love her and stuff.....and when CG was feeling bad about it..........and she broke down and cry!..... it was knida shocking at the end when Yul finally told the elderlys dat he likes CG (Correct me if i'm wrong) i think becuz he kinda feel bad and stuff! But it is so sad when shin was looking at the pictures he took wiht CG at the beach..and while..CG was talking the Shin Bear she made! :tears: Well..i really think that CG does like Shin and the other way around..it's just she doesn't noe how to act..and u guys maybe right that she is jealous about shin and Hyrion past relationship..IT just all a big misunderstanding!.....

CG kneeled down in her own will ,sort of , under Mot-Toot's instructiont, but nonetheless, the king doesn't punis her kneel like that. And I think Yul did say sorry for mentioning the dirvoce with CG ( not sure about this) B)

Guest Suzy_Yim

Shin really needs to work on expressing his feelings...aigo...why did he have to secretly go to where CG was kneeling. Why didn't you help her...you know you wanted to.

FINALLY the secret is out. Gosh...took long enough. I hated how they ended 23 like that...such a cliffhanger. What's going to happen now that Yul's secret is out? Dunno...gotta wait for tomorrow...

Don't they have the Long previews for ep 24?

WARNING: People who are going to watch ep. 23...plz bring a whole box of tissue with you cuz..it's mite make pplz break down and cry..cuz it's a really sad epizode..worst then the others! I"m warning you now!

and i heard that the ending is going to be weird!.....not a good one.....so ...if we really want 2 see wut wiill happen next..we have 2 wait for the seaason 2!

P.S. i really think they are dragging this......to go onto 2nd season..but can't they make something..a little happier??

p.s.s i seriously miss CG laughter and smile!!..plz PD can CG smile one last time before this season ends?? :o

which news source did you hear fromthat the ending is going to be weird? Judging by the ratings for today's episode, i highly doubt the PD would even want to rile up the netziens' anger over a crappy ending. Considering that this is a romantic comedy.

I can understand with MISA because it was stated at the beginning of the drama series that there would be but generally with the drama formulas, this one doesnt follow through.

Even with the prospective season 2 coming.

Guest catchthesky.

I just finished watching epi 20.

I skipped through all the boring talking part. Cause I didnt have enough patience to wait and see the actiony parts.

Lols

So can someone tell me what's happening besides, stupid yul telling CG to divorce.

I don't like Yul at all.

>__>;; Poor Shin.

Archived