[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest hsinyi069

I just saw this news in another forum that HR will be leaving the drama after epi.20 for a movie shooting..

wow~ does that mean we'll see more of CG and Shin together or we'll see more of evil Yul?

I wonder how the drama goes... not to mention there's a season two~~~~

[新聞] 《宮》宋至孝,由於下期作品演出中途下車

(大概內容) 新人表演者宋至孝以電影演出日程相沖為由,決定在20集提前下車離開劇組,不參加《宮》后面延長的四集 (She decided ot to attend epi 21-24 due to her first movie shooting schedule)。

宋至孝在《宮》擔任皇太子信君初戀的角色,一方面受到觀众們的憎惡但也博得演技的好評。下期作品宋至孝決定演出她初登銀幕之作《女子高鬼怪故事3-狐狸台階》導演的新作《瑜伽學院》。...

tranlated by jed from koreanwind

data from: http://news.media.daum.net/snews/entertain...n/v11963838.htm

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest x3_katie

ok so tell me if im correct

1) ep. 18 comes out tomorrow

2) ep. 19 and 20 come out on next wed and thur

3) ep. 20-24 will come out on wed and thur like always but it will just be called "SEASON 2"

right? and whats this i hear about hyolin getting replaced.. is she not evil in season two?

4 episodes before the end?

Do you think anyone will accept it?

It did take 20 episodes to develop Hyorin's character to some depth.

There's no way a new character introduced now can gain any life. There's just no way.

nah i don't think anyone can accept it. but don't forget, they are having a season 2. so they may just very well decide to introduce a new character at the end of season 1 and the story can develop from there in season 2.

i am praying very hard that this is just me thinking too much. it'll be too depressing if they decide to go along that line.

I want season 1 to end nicely and season 2 to start on a fresh new ground. :sweatingbullets:

Guest donilpark

3) ep. 20-24 will come out on wed and thur like always but it will just be called "SEASON 2"

right? and whats this i hear about hyolin getting replaced.. is she not evil in season two?

1) and 2) right,

3) no, it's just season 1 extended 4 eipsodes. Season 2 will be aired next year.

Hyorin is not getting replaced. She's just leaving the show.

No.. epi 20 - 24 = The extension to enable them to continue Season 2 next winder 2007

the extra 4 episodes is to enable the Pds to be able to continue into the next season.

Official season 2 will be in 2007 winter

do i make sense?

and hyoriin actress is just leaving for thsi season because her schedule clashes with her new movies' filming.

this is because the actressess and actors sign up for 20 episodes.. the extra 4 episodes are added in just not long before

I think they ALL should be back for season 2 of goong next yr else

NO one will watch it lOlx

Guest insideMYheart

I just saw this news in another forum that HR will be leaving the drama after epi.20 for a movie shooting..

Oh wow, she got a role for a movie? Good for her ^_^ Was she offered the role after appearing Goong?

As much as I hated her character in this drama, I think she did a wonderful job portraying Hyorin.

hello!! :P:)

love esp. 17 can't wait to watch 18 well my friends here i bring a new video that I made!!!yeah!! jijijij is a song from RBD call Enseñame is in spanish but i put the translation in the video and i really think that this song shoul b sing by Shin to Chae I hope you guys like it

Enseñame-Goong

here is another link for a video clib that i made before but now it has the translations so you guys can understand

Salvame-goong

see uuu

Guest x3_katie

1) and 2) right,

3) no, it's just season 1 extended 4 eipsodes. Season 2 will be aired next year.

Hyorin is not getting replaced. She's just leaving the show.

ohhhh so season 2 is gunna be like another 20 episodes next year? LOL awesome :D

thats great and all, but im so sure that its gunna lose some viewers.. people might forget about it during the year.. what if something GREAT is airing at the same time. sad. i hope the season finale isnt TOOOOO cliffhanger-ish :w00t: i hope shin and chaeyoung somewhat get together :lol:

Guest hsinyi069

Thinking Out of the Box Proves a Success for Hit Drama

ensor200603082209500goong.jpg

Chae-kyung joins the Queen for dinner at the palace. The set overall makes use of a majestic palette of forest green, magenta, mahogany and sand, and mixes western and eastern decorative styles in the furniture, wallpaper and ornaments to exude a glowing, elegant atmosphere. /Courtesy of MBC

By Han Eun-jung

Staff Reporter

In a fantasy MBC drama ``Kung (Palace),’’ modern day Seoul is still ruled by a monarchical government. The heir to the throne is an unhappy prince named Shin-yi, who gives into the ways of royal life while secretly dreaming of becoming a film director.

His life changes when he meets his bride-to-be, a bubbly, high school girl.

The marriage between the two is an arranged affair agreed upon by their grandfathers years before they could have a say in it.

MBC makes the out of the ordinary story of Shin-yi (Joo Ji-hoon) and Chae-kyung (Yoon Eun-hye) work with the help of cinematic imagination for the primetime hit drama.

The exquisite interior design of the set of the modern-day royal palace featured in the production is being credited as one of the crucial factors in the drama’s popularity.

``Palace’’ is currently the second most watched drama on the air.

The drama brings cartoonist Park Soh-hee’s comic book series of the same name, which the series is based on, onto the screen.

Though the piece features a monarchical government and therefore requires many scenes to be shot in quarters likely to have been lived in by a royal family, producers say it was denied permission to enter palaces in Seoul to shoot on palace grounds.

However producers now look back on what was then thought of as a setback and describe it as a ``a blessing in disguise.’’

The series’ artistic director Min Un-ok said while she values the importance of making reference to historical documents, the limitations the drama met in its initial stages gave her the opportunity to ``think out of the box.’’

``It gave me the freedom to go all out with the colors,’’ Min said.

While many have the preconception that Choson Period aesthetics were all about understatement, in actuality they were rich in colors and dynamics, she said.

Min describes the set of ``Palace’’ as a fusion that incorporates traditional Korean decorative styles, which are evident in the windows and walls, and western styles, which are shown with table pieces, upholstery and floral arrangements.

Min is best known for her work in movies. ``Palace’’ is not her first period piece.

She was behind the artist direction of the feature film ``Chunghyang’’ and ``Blood Rain,’’ the latter for which she was recognized with an award at last year’s Daejong Film Festival.

However ``Palace’’ is not the result of Min’s efforts alone. Food stylist Ko Young-wook and hanbok designer Bae Young-jin are two names that have been offering their expertise throughout the series’ two years of pre-production to today.

``Palace'' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:50 p.m. Out of popular demand, MBC has extended the series run from its original 20 episodes to 24.

The 18th installment will air next Wednesday.

03-08-2006 22:06

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...22063811690.htm

credit to ST from koreanwind

Guest kyotoji

bscap01698wg.jpg

woo.. i like this scene - that look... wooo... it really captivated my heart. *OMG... OMG... going to faint*

Is Shin is suggesting or challenging CG on changing the clothes together in the same room?

Any1 can translate the scene? (My korean lang is still far far from able to fully understand)

If it is what i say - then hahahaha... Shin still doesn't have the "guts" ... still shy meh... ;)

He dare dare say out loud but when comes to real, he dare not.. He even grabbed back his already jacket and hide his body again... really find that very entertaining.

In the last segment, i simply loved that smile when he saw the note drawn by CG. So real, so care-free type of smile... seems enjoying himself with the moments he has with CG even they are "lovers-brickering"... :blush:

Next scene, the barbecue scene. OOO... melts my heart also... the way CG feed Shin the vegetable wrapped with meat.. so caring.. so romantic.. and how Ya..Ya... Shin open his mouth to take the food.

It reminds the 1st time Shin has this type of food when he stayed over at CG's parents' house.

She has a movie to film right after, and she made a contract for 20 episodes of this drama, so she is not going to be there for 4 extended episodes.

I feel at a loss, if you ask me.

So is that the reason that in the show, Hyorin says she is going abroad?

By the way, just need clarification on this - Shin went and met Hyorin at the hotel.

Is this meeting just made known to only 2 of them (what i mean is that no1 in the palace knows on this) ?

Wonder now - did i miss anything relating to this scene in the earlier episodes - thinking hard now... :excl: :unsure: :excl: :unsure: :excl: :unsure:

If this is the case, how come there are "guards" outside Hyorin's hotel room?

Can any1 help to clarify my doubts on this?

liquidfir, *waves to you* - i saw some members thanking you for translation what the Queen and King's conversation?

Sorry, but possible for you to guide me to that page you posted. I searched high and low with my sleeping eyes... but i cannot seem to find it.

I must say Kang In quite style-lo in the disco pub. :blush:

[edit]

thanks, liquidfir for answering my post and stated the translation below in your post.

Ya.. i agree also meh. shin's dad is indeed an XXX.

And ya... i agreed with some of the Goongers here that Shin and Yul may be half-brothers.

I got this feeling in the earlier episodes.. but i cannot remember which one.

Guest donilpark

I don't understand all of Hyorin hating that has been going on ever since day one.

I mean, what has she done really?

I've seen villainesses a lot more pernicious than she.

Hyorin has never actively attempted to tear Shin and Chaegyeong apart by some kind of deceit or force. (she doesn't have any power anyway)

Maybe it's because I'm a guy so I don't understand female psychology here. (most of you are girls, right?)

Guest gilerkd

ahahaha...that was one of the funniest endings i've seen of all the goong episodes so far.

i like how shin-chae were being all cutesy-hubby-wifey-feeding-each-other at the table...though yul and hyorin didn't seem to like it very much.

and i thought it was creepy how they showed yul eating raw fish (or was it meat?) with an evil look in his eyes :crazy:

Hi, do you have the screencaps for the scenes above? Tq

the thought of that literally brings chills up my spine. yul's mother is NUTSO crazy!!!

and i'm sad that hyorin's gonna leave. she really doesn't seem as evil as most people say.

in fact, i kinda feel sorry for her =/

but man...that yul boy is getting more and more evil.

but he's so darn cute.

and what's with the sequel? what if it's not as good as the first? =/

Yul's mum is PSYCHO~~ she is MAD!!

did u see her smile so evily?

and yul.. is gettin more and more sinister.. did ya peepz saw him smile while eatin that sashimi?

it's horrid... it looks like he has some plans or wadever.. but heck it must be NTH good for sure..

and do u guys think he kissed cg on the eyes just to let shin see the whole thing?

arhgg.. evil..

i hope the last 4 epis is filled with Sweet scenes of cg and shin

and the sequel is there because of how expensive the set is.. the management thinks that it will be a waste if the show would just end like that. i think the set cost 5 billion won to make.

which converts to around 2 million usd. i think. i am not gd at maths

so mbc is trying to make full use of that set

kyotoji - it's okay i lost the page too..

the translation goes like this...

the queen told the king that she spend her whole life waiting for him to open his heart to her but with no avail at all... so she decides to give up already.

but the only thing she hopes is that he allows THEIR child aka SHIN to become king instead of someone else.

this will happen in today's epi 18.

The queen looked so sad while saying this.. so i think shin's dad is an a$$

Guest x3_katie

the thought of that literally brings chills up my spine. yul's mother is NUTSO crazy!!!

and i'm sad that hyorin's gonna leave. she really doesn't seem as evil as most people say.

in fact, i kinda feel sorry for her =/

but man...that yul boy is getting more and more evil.

but he's so darn cute.

and what's with the sequel? what if it's not as good as the first? =/

same.. hyolin is just friggin annoying cuz she gets in the way but its not like other dramas where shes like hiding the truth.. or stealing letters or something. shes just caught in the middle. whatever <_<

YUL on the other hand is going crajee.

i totally agree with you. 100%

i read the manhwa and both yul and mama yul get even crazier.

im 1/2 glad about the sequel because the manhwa gets increasingly better so im thinking the show will too. the first episode of the show (compared to ep. 17) is so boring... every ep. is better and better..

though if the PDs mess up, i'll = :crazy:

edit----

by the way, remember how in ep 16 he goes to friggin hyolin? what happens? i didnt see it yet. did they get together for like 30 min? or ..

Guest Pikachu

by the way, remember how in ep 16 he goes to friggin hyolin? what happens? i didnt see it yet. did they get together for like 30 min? or ..

Hyo Rin just kind of talked about the past a bit I think then told Shin she's giving Chae to Shin. SHin said that "it's too late" meaning he already belongs to Chae Gyeong. something like that anywa. o_O; Don't kill me if I'm misinformed. XDDD

Archived