[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest yoonah

My friends and I had a "Goong" marathon the previous weekend and it was pretty fun. Though the "marriage-first-before-love" storyline is reminiscent of "Sweet 18", the idea of a constitutional monarchy is a pretty cool and unique plot device. Instead of the usual chaebol prince, we have a *real* Prince, heir apparent, not to a multinational corporation, but to a kingdom! :o

Some parts dragged (during which I fell asleep). Some parts were cute. The bears are especially adorable! :) And some scenes just sent my heart a-flutter i.e. Shin and Chaegyong in the car and Shin reaches out for Chaegyong's hand, and when they were sleeping and Shin envelopes Chaegyong in an embrace. *sigh*

I want Shin for Chaegyong but my heart went out to Yul. He's sweet and sensitive and a cutie (vs. Shin's aloof hotness). He turned pathetic towards the end though (he came close to being a Sang Hyuk!). I wish he retained the Winter Sonata Min Hyung 'do he had at the start; it suits him better IMO.

Despite 24 episodes, the drama still left a lot of things unresolved or poorly developed (hence the need for a sequel?) in favor of the Shin-Chaegyong story, e.g. the love angle between Hyo Rin and her "driver"/Shin's F4 friend, the abdication of the King and the coronation of Shin's sister, Yulie and his mom's return to London... They were either rushed or their resolutions just incorporated in dialogues.

The actors did well for newbies. Kudos director for being able to tap their potentials. The street kiss between YEH and JJH amidst the throng of unsuspecting pedestrians was just briliant! :) The production team also deserves praise for their wonderful and elaborate set designs.

I'm listening to the OST right now (for the Nth time). I sooo luv it! I enjoy singing to "Perhaps Love" even if I don't understand the lyrics.

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singapore Goongers,

news of GOONG in The New Paper today, it will only be showned on Ch U (latest) October... that's quite a long wait =_=..., apparently it will be after Dae Jang Geum...

goongtnp200605223gb.th.jpg

Guest mizzlinhie

O wow you guys have to wait a little longer then :( We, Californians, just finish Goong on channel LA18 last thrusday. They cut alottt of parts, i was glad I watched it online first alreadie. They even cut the 26secs kissing scene, they show only 10secs of it or sumthin. You don't know how disappointed I was and I was goin to smack my TV :D that was my fav kissing part OMG!! Stupid commercials cut it off! >=[

oct ... that's good enough already ... my dear ...

because consider that Korean drama showing in SG

are sometime even years past and we still didn't get to watch ...

now they did something good ...

airing this latest drama in U ...

must WATCH ...

anymore wallies ...

Guest cunto

Oh latest by October??? Gawddd, that's a long long time to go, not counting that it's the midterm period with all the tests :sweatingbullets: Why dun they choose to broadcast earlier? :wacko: can't wait...

Run away to watch Goong again ;)

Guest serene_sg

Singapore Goongers,

news of GOONG in The New Paper today, it will only be showned on Ch U (latest) October... that's quite a long wait =_=..., apparently it will be after Dae Jang Geum...

Latest October?

Oh no.. Its not even June yet..

Its gonna be a terribly long wait..

Oh latest by October??? Gawddd, that's a long long time to go, not counting that it's the midterm period with all the tests :sweatingbullets: Why dun they choose to broadcast earlier? :wacko: can't wait...

Run away to watch Goong again ;)

hehe actually i think tht's really fast already for CH U ! `~ :w00t:

it's not even been 1 yr since it finished airing in Korea `~

Guest Victoria

Rebby unni you're so talented! The banners are fantastic!!!

Goong thread will not be complete without you!

-well i cant wait for goong 2 but its also great if they really plan for it so the fans will appreciate it more than the previous season. so its ok if its like october, just hopefully this year.. and hey we cant get over goong 1 how much more if goong 2 is out right?!

Guest 16candl3s

O wow you guys have to wait a little longer then :( We, Californians, just finish Goong on channel LA18 last thrusday. They cut alottt of parts, i was glad I watched it online first alreadie. They even cut the 26secs kissing scene, they show only 10secs of it or sumthin. You don't know how disappointed I was and I was goin to smack my TV :D that was my fav kissing part OMG!! Stupid commercials cut it off! >=[

Hi mizzlinhie watched that last epside on Ch 18 too! I know how could they do that to the most romantic scene of the series! Considering that scene is the highlight, its unjust they edited it out like that :fury:

but im really glad that the chase scene on ep. 24 wasnt cut. I didnt have to hold back my tears unlike when i first watched it on youtube :sweatingbullets: now i cant wait for yesasia to release it with Eng subs!

Guest cartoonangel

Probably BOOTLEg (i mean definitely)...cos my aunt in JohorBharu got the bootleg chinese subbed version...the official US version not even out...

Yeah, if u want ori going for like cheap (1/2 price) go to Kota Raya bus stop in KL...LG floor...all there...

BOOTLEGs damn cheap now...from china mass production...like 3bucks per disc in Subang Jaya...so its like less than 10 bucks for a 16 episode drama....but it sucks the quality...cos audio is in mandarin...subs chinese....soemtimes the audio switches to cantonese...dunno why....

Good quality bootlegs onli at SS2/Chowyeong pasar malam...monday nights and thursday nights but more ex abit about (RM35)....or the best is JB (land of piracy)....

Thank You so So much for all the links and the eng translation...i'm banana (chinese but non verbal...so chinese subs wont do)....can i post that translations up in the comments for the vid...will credit liquidfir for it...it seems there are some goongers....requesting for translations there...pooor them...

BTW, liquidfir is singaporean right??? she's korean??? and she subs the drama too....Just curious....Thanks...

Omg please put the translations up! I just got into OONG and its taking me forever to find BTS scenes with Chinese or English subs! I am Chinese too btw haha. Anyways.. thanks to everyone who shared the links for BTS .. just a question... is the BTS for every episode? Or NGS for every epi? I would really like to see them! Thank you!

Guest mizzlinhie

I don't think we have all the translations for every single BTS, only ep.20-21 (interview part) i guess. I hope someone could be so kind and translate those BTS and NGs :D.

By the way could anyone pleaseee give a brief translation of what JJH and YEH is saying in this MV about their scanda?!?!? PLEASEEEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=focJnMPwdss

Guest certifiedPSYCHOPATH

i just finished watching this drama and i quite liked it, despite what others have said (definately not anyone from here :lol:)

i really liked the ending because unlike many other dramas, everything didn't get solved in the very last episode, everything built up over 2-3 episodes

and gawd, that kissing scene? FREAKING HOT!

anyways, i really really (must stress really) disliked Yul, his character was not only in denial but such a sissy! (dont kill me -_-)

and i dont think the acting for this character was all that great

anyways, overall i liked this drama ^^

(shin's friend, the one that like hyorin, was HOT!)

Guest xuyu

hehe actually i think tht's really fast already for CH U ! `~ :w00t:

it's not even been 1 yr since it finished airing in Korea `~

Precisely, normally they don't really air new drama so soon.

I have been looking around for the VCD but still not release in S'pore :(

Guest cheli001

I don't think we have all the translations for every single BTS, only ep.20-21 (interview part) i guess. I hope someone could be so kind and translate those BTS and NGs :D.

By the way could anyone pleaseee give a brief translation of what JJH and YEH is saying in this MV about their scanda?!?!? PLEASEEEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=focJnMPwdss

huhuhu, you got me so curious that I had to watch this MV scandal thingy you were talking abt.

I also wanna know what they're saying!!!! huhuhu....

anyone here understands korean? help.... pretty please..... :P thanks!

Guest mizzlinhie

huhuhu, you got me so curious that I had to watch this MV scandal thingy you were talking abt.

I also wanna know what they're saying!!!! huhuhu....

anyone here understands korean? help.... pretty please..... :P thanks!

oh haha im so sorry :lol: but if you don't wait it, u'll regret it right? right? :phew:

lets beg some people here who understand Korean to give us a brief translation! :sweatingbullets:

PLEASSEEEE some one pleaseee give us a brief translation :tears:

Guest cheli001

oh haha im so sorry :lol: but if you don't wait it, u'll regret it right? right? :phew:

lets beg some people here who understand Korean to give us a brief translation! :sweatingbullets:

PLEASSEEEE some one pleaseee give us a brief translation :tears:

loved it when they showed jjh feeding yeh, holding hands and the backpack scene... hmmmm it shows how touchy touchy these two are... so cute...

Hi, anyone has wallies or poster only both JJH and YEH ...

with their royal or casual ...

much appreciated ...

just finished my 22 epi ...

but don't feel like continue tonite ...

as i scare that it ended so fast ...

and make me lost with no more to continue after that ...

can't wait for the new season to start shooting ...

any news whether the other 3 artistes going to shoot too ...

Archived