[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest _yinsyung*--

HAHAHAH

{falls}

i'm probably the only one that isn't jumping for joy; because i expected them (well - at least EunHye and JiHoon) to be back and so it's not really that much of a surprise to me. but i can't stop myself form smiling anyway :D

{insert big cheesy grin}

a lot of people were saddened by the previous week's news that jihoon might not return and it makes me smile that a lot of you have soemthing to help you recover from your semi-heart attacks ^^

anyway - since we're discussing the ending of goong season 1;

i said it after i finished watching it live, and i'll say it again - it was full of holes.

but one really annoying loophole to me was after yul confessed and he and his mother left the palace.

straight after the obvious painful departure of yul; the scene cuts to the rest of the royal family smiling heartily that the situation has been resolved.

YET - the king is supposed to have wholeheartedly loved yul's mum. she's just gotten into a car crash and he's smiling? this inconsistency in character really irks me like fjdals;jkfals. also - yul having "confessed" to the crime is let off so easily? or were they just too rushed to put in the process?

and they're just two things out of i don't know how many that made me go O_o

and in goong 2 - i really want to see them bring back some of the traditional korean influences - like costume and instruments and literature that they had going on the the first few episodes before they started concentrating on shin+cg relationship.

i really loved just admiring the korean culture and even though i love shin+cg moments like any other fan; a whole season revolving around them can't be too good.

and i also want to see some development for some of the supporting actors, even the older generation. i think there's enough material to make goong2 work - it just depends on if they choose the right subjects and the right ways to express it...

i'm going to keep my hopes low ^^

-yinyin

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ADORE.you

omgsh .. the whole cast is coming back ?! *dances around crazily* THAT"S REALLY GOOD TO KNOW !! ahhh now my goong spirits are back up again =) .. ahh thank GAWD ! .. lols ^^" and thanks for the subs WITH s2 team ! u guys are awesome XD

Guest RAIN/SHK

THank goodness they are all returning for goong 2 .. Can't wait for it..

Anyways here are some things that i'm thinking might happen in goong 2:

- Yul will return and probably take CG back because he really loves her... It never said that he gave up so that MIGHT happen...

- Shin's sister might marry and they should show more about her in goong 2..

- the love between the freinds of shin's and CG. Sorry can't remember the name..

- they should have a baby, even though Cg might not be pregnant in the end of goong 1 she should be in goong 2

- they should show more of grandma

- and lastly more sweet scenes between shin and Cg and if possible more kiss scene.. I was disappointed they did not kiss on the last episode..but the kiss scenes in episode 23 were hot, they should be acouple in real life!!!!

Anyways hope goong 2 will be better than goong 1.. I can't wait until next year.. I'll just have to watch goong 1 again and again till goong 2 comes out..

GOONG IS THE BEST

but one really annoying loophole to me was after yul confessed and he and his mother left the palace.

straight after the obvious painful departure of yul; the scene cuts to the rest of the royal family smiling heartily that the situation has been resolved.

YET - the king is supposed to have wholeheartedly loved yul's mum. she's just gotten into a car crash and he's smiling? this inconsistency in character really irks me like fjdals;jkfals. also - yul having "confessed" to the crime is let off so easily? or were they just too rushed to put in the process?

and they're just two things out of i don't know how many that made me go O_o

and in goong 2 - i really want to see them bring back some of the traditional korean influences - like costume and instruments and literature that they had going on the the first few episodes before they started concentrating on shin+cg relationship.

i really loved just admiring the korean culture and even though i love shin+cg moments like any other fan; a whole season revolving around them can't be too good.

and i also want to see some development for some of the supporting actors, even the older generation. i think there's enough material to make goong2 work - it just depends on if they choose the right subjects and the right ways to express it...

i'm going to keep my hopes low ^^

-yinyin

I felt the same way about the king, that transition just didn't make any sense! I mentioned it a bazillion pages back (before the news about the cast returning forSeason 2) that the ending seemed WAY too rushed, regardless of the fact they were counting on a second season. I think it was incredibly noble for Yul to take the fall for his mom, BUT, both the queen and Shin knew it wasn't Yul. The public outcry against the royal family couldn't possibly be so easily soothed by Yul's confession. ALSO, the king so mindlessly had been taking Yul's side in everything for 1/2 the show and then suddely he's all smiley and "oh, I can trust you now, Shin". What a jerk!

I also agree with you that I'd like to see less emphasis on the Shin/CG relationship in the next season. However, since they apparently had half a dozen sketches for what the they might do in part two, (and didn't they lose the main writer?) it doesn't seem like they have been clear themselves what direction they'll take. I guess we'll just have to wait.

PS I still think the whole CG being pregnant is just the grandma's wishful thinking. I mean, she had been obsessing about having a grandchild through 1/2 the drama, so of course that's what she's going to think! So cute, I love the great queen!

Guest mountXtreme

haiz.. again pls do not ask for subs..

we are working on it as soon as possible.

we wanna finish goong asap as well. so pls. patience is the key word here.

for those who find waiting too boring. try puting epi 23 on repeat mode since the subs are out.

jeez.

totally agree with liquidfir.. dont ask for subs.. just put ep 23 on repeat mode!!! hehehe :P:P:P

Guest mizzlinhie

I hate the King, so they should finish him up, make him dies or sumthing lol lol xD At least he should get some punishment or sumthing. I felt sorry for the queen, she has to live with someone that doesn't love her for all those years, how sad :(

I hope Season 2 will focus on CG and Shin :) I just love seeing them together and can't get enuf of them lolz. I hope Yul'll find someone for himself too, but please not another version of CG, because there should one and only CG in Goong :D no one should be like her lolz.

haiz.. again pls do not ask for subs..

we are working on it as soon as possible.

we wanna finish goong asap as well. so pls. patience is the key word here.

for those who find waiting too boring. try puting epi 23 on repeat mode since the subs are out.

jeez.

Well I'm sorry but I didn't ask or rush you guys. Someone asked about the proceeding of the sub for goong special so i just tell his/her :( And i was just saying that I was hoping to see it soon too. I didn't mean anything about rushing you guys. Sorry if you misunderstood what I wrote.

I hate the King, so they should finish him up, make him dies or sumthing lol lol xD At least he should get some punishment or sumthing. I felt sorry for the queen, she has to live with someone that doesn't love her for all those years, how sad :(

So agree with you. I was always like "WTF with you?" everytime I watched the King parts.

Husband is supposed to love his wife, right? :D

Guest jialing

Yay!! finally, after following this forum for so long about the rumors of JJH not acting in season 2, THERE'S GOOD NEWS!!! my gosh. i was kinda upset when the rumors were flying, but all's well now!!! YiPeE!!!

I love the series so much it would be weird to see different people acting in season 2. thankful for JJH confirming to come back! *lets out deep breath*

Guest rainz*gurl

all dis vomitting stuff... hmm.. mianhae... but it really reminds me of stairway to heaven when choi ji won vomit... i excitedly n naively thought dat she is pregnant.. but then it was her cancer deterioting... so the vomiting part in goong... *slaps my month*.. :sweatingbullets: ... but dis is a list of my 2 BIG NO NOs for GOONG2...

1) cancer n other stupid sickness story...

2) lost of memory of either one of the main character...

dis is my own opinion... >.<Tll

Guest Myprince

Oh yehhhh,both of them accepted,heheeeee,I can't wait for Season2.

What will happen??? I hope it will have the hotest kiss like Goong 1 :wub::wub::wub:

How about the teacher,who Princess gave a flower in Goong1,I think she and Yul will be a nice couple,heeeeee,look her so nice in the end of goong 1

Guest .tsubasa.

so many good news!!! first of all thanks for subbing team for doing great job...without you guys we wont feel happiness while watching goong. second is thank God for the news that they are all coming back for season 2 esp JJH whew, he nearly gave everybody a heartattack for not confirming early but im happy that he is coming back!!! yehey!!!

on a side note I love reading all your possible storylines for season 2 and i must say that the pairing of yul and choi sanggong is not bad at all. I mean it could bring a lot of suprise inside the palace. he is the prince and she is the assistant of the princess whom yul loved so much in season 1 maybe it will be cute to see them spending time together having cute scenes and she is older is cool too...

one important thing is that I want the king to love his wife not yul's mom cause she is evil. Shin's mom is great and she deserves love from her husband. I want the king to realize what he lost for being such an idoit and beg for forgiveness... I would really love to see that...

and last and the most important thing is more cg and shin...more lovey dovey scenes and if they want to put in more hot kissing scenes I dont have a problem with cause man they are the best kisser couple that I've watched in kdrama seriously they are...

FABULOUS NEWS!! The entire cast will be back!! Calls for a celebration!! Okay..off to rewatch Goong again!!

AHHHHHHH!! so excited!! cant wait to c S2...... everythin sounds soooooo gd...

now all i hav ta do is watch goong!! *skipping to watch goong*

Guest DallasE

I’m of the same view that the writer didn’t really tie up a lot of loose ends in Season I. Too many questions went unanswered. It’s ludicrous that Yul & his mom seemed to have escaped unscathed, no recriminations whatsoever even after Yul publicly owned up & assumed the blame for the treasonous act instigated by his mom.

Unless, their punishment = their banishment?

If so, they should have at least inserted a scene of the Great Queen decreeing it.

Personally, I think K-dramas (with the exception of “Resurrection” and those super long period dailies) are adept in creating really beautiful, moving tales on romantic love and familial love, but delivering intriguing plots aren’t really their forte.

To say power struggle exists in Goong is truly an overstatement. Seriously, apart from some rather minor behind the scene maneuvers of Yul’s mom and Yul himself meeting with the elders, plus a few run-ins between the mothers at the palace hallway, there’s practically nothing more to it. I’m still curious who’s the mysterious person that Yul’s mom instructed Yul’s minder (the Baek guy) to locate in secrecy. Also, poor Yul’s dad didn’t even make any appearance in the show! Whatever happened to him 14 years ago and what prompted the exile of Yul & his mom in the first place? The late king was unclear on this except that he was fuming mad with Ho-Toot.

It’s a pity that extending the series by another 4 episodes didn’t lend them enough time to put things in better perspective. I believe there was way too much focus on Hyorin-Shin-ChaeGyung love triangle. The character of Hyorin haunted the better part of the whole series and when she’s gone, Yul took up where she left off and from there on, it’s misunderstanding-galore between Shin & ChaeGyung. Really, they could have lessen our heartaches too by going light on those maddening misunderstandings between the royal couple and showing us instead how Shin beat Yul’s mom in her own treacherous game.

Goong I undeniably has its shares of flaws but I still love it to death. I’ve sat through all the scenes (even Hyorin’s) except those on Yul’s mom when I recently re-watched it.

Anyway, I still want to see a lot more on Shin & ChaeGyung in Season II. They are the main draw for many fans after all and MBC knows it! I just hope they leave off the element of another third party relationship between Shin & ChaeGyung for the new season. It’ll really be an insult to their love if they are planning along the same overused plotline. They had re-affirmed their love, renewed their vows and we’ve witnessed the strength of their love. So, don’t mess with it. Furthermore, JiHoon also said that he didn’t want to go down the two-timing path a second time during the 1.5.

Whatever they are planning, I hope they hit us with a classic drenched in a good mix of romantic & familial love, friendships, humor, peppered with cultural & traditional stuff.

Guest ripgal

so JJH and YEH are returning. that's great news.. that's greater news when KJH's returning too.. since he loved Cg so much in the 1st season.. hope he gets a nice gurl

Guest DallasE

Actually, I'm most interested to see in what capacity Yul returns to the new season.

Although I do want him to find his own happiness and settle down with a nice girl worthy of him but it's kinda

hard to imagine him falling for another girl when we could see how much he really loved ChaeGyung;

even asking her if he stands a chance with her if she were to meet him first in another time zone and willing

to wait for her if they do meet again 25 million years later!

Quite often in life, there's someone or something that you can't forget/erase as readily as you would like.

Hopefully, time is the best antitode for Yul.

Even though this is long overdue, but enjoy them all the same.

All credits to LAPAMPAM.

Please DO NOT hotlink!!!

24_001.jpg

24_003.jpg

24_005.jpg

24_007.jpg

24_008.jpg

24_010.jpg

24_012.jpg

24_018.jpg

24_019.jpg

24_020.jpg

24_022.jpg

24_025.jpg

24_028.jpg

24_032.jpg

24_036.jpg

24_056.jpg

24_060.jpg

24_061.jpg

24_063.jpg

24_067.jpg

All credits to LAPAMPAM

24_068.jpg

24_073.jpg

24_075.jpg

24_079.jpg

24_082.jpg

24_083.jpg

24_084.jpg

24_087.jpg

24_089.jpg

24_092.jpg

All credits to LAPAMPAM

24_094.jpg

24_095.jpg

24_097.jpg

24_101.jpg

24_102.jpg

24_112.jpg

24_115.jpg

24_116.jpg

24_117.jpg

24_124.jpg

All credits to LAPAMPAM

24_125.jpg

24_126.jpg

24_128.jpg

24_132.jpg

24_136.jpg

24_137.jpg

24_139.jpg

24_142.jpg

24_145.jpg

24_146.jpg

24_147.jpg

24_149.jpg

24_150.jpg

24_151.jpg

24_155.jpg

24_158.jpg

24_161.jpg

24_162.jpg

24_166.jpg

24_169.jpg

All credits to LAPAMPAM

24_175.jpg

24_179.jpg

24_187.jpg

24_189.jpg

24_195.jpg

24_196.jpg

24_201.jpg

24_202.jpg

24_207.jpg

24_208.jpg

All credits to LAPAMPAM

24_216.jpg

24_217.jpg

24_218.jpg

24_220.jpg

24_222.jpg

24_227.jpg

24_228.jpg

24_229.jpg

24_237.jpg

24_238.jpg

All credits to LAPAMPAM

Guest Cara_Sunflower

I just saw the Behind the Scenes of the Epi 23 and 24 NG from YouTube.... there was this scene after the HOT Kiss of Shin and Chaegung.... where lies on top Shin... she was one who initiated and aggressively take off the tie Shin... this sence is incredible.... she was untying the tie... taking the initiative and Shin was trying to scold her abit and trying to stop her..... Arrrrkkk this scene was deleted!!!! I think this is where the baby was created!! I wish that they did not delete this scene!! I'msoooo frustrated a lot of fabulous exciting heart-stopping scenes were deleted!!!

I have to say that Goong is the only Korean Comedy-Drama I saw with abundant of steamy kissing scenes..... I guess we all just have to be satisfied with all the ozzing romantic kissing scenes...

btw, is there a kind soul who can re-post/reupload the Goong 1.5 Specials!!! =) Kamsahamnida.... komowayo =)

Guest rainy_summer

But seriously who could possibly run a country better than someone who's experienced with the royal grounds :shin: and someone who's used to the world of commoners :CG:? Only when these two work together, could they truly meet the demands in everyone's needs.

wow, you have a gem here Angelina. That is so true! Wasnt there an episode when their pic at the theater came out that Shin said that prince and princess are like actors too and CG corrected him saying that he is making fools out of the citizens (or something like that). Through CG, Shin is able to get a different Point of View which he takes into consideration before he decides on something. CG is his window into the world outside the palace and him finding that balance makes him a really strong and worthy King in the future. I dont know I just see Shin and CG being the King and Queen and no one else.

I think and I hope to see in Goong 2 how Shin and CG will find themselves back to the palace. Maybe something will happen to the Queen's reign that CG and Shin needs to step up and do what they can which in turn will be their chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of the citizens and gaining back their positions. I dont want Yul to be evil. I think it would be his chance to redeem himself as a person and as a Prince. And I want him to have a lovelife of his own as well and not anymore go after someone he knows he can never have.

Archived