[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest insideMYheart

i meant that in the manhwa, i think it was SHIN who set the fire. but i'm not positive.

I read it a while ago but I think it was Yul's mom that set the fire to her part of the palace in the manhwa... or maybe they never found out. BUT Shin was only accused of doing it.

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sungaaah

hii everyone ~ long time no see =]

i totally forgot about the fire incident because i dont read the manhwa ..

imo, it is the doing of YUL'S MOM.

shes the one who is hung up on getting revenge back on the royal family

for 'what they did to her' and instead, her own son betrays her

by admitting that he was the one chaegyung was with that night.

in the preview, yul even tries to convince shin through

compromise: shin keeps his princeship and goes on to become

king IF and ONLY IF he lets chaegyung go so she and yul

will get kicked out of the palace and live together.

yea.. that pic of shin in the fire makes you wonder if its yul

he sees who starts it, but it doesnt make sense to me that

he goes as far as setting the palace on fire. yul's mom prolly

does it out of her rage on the news that yul might get kicked

out of the palace, meaning she'll lose her title as well, something

that she feels shes finally redeemed after all this years, down the drain

because of her son's feelings. and since she cannot hate her own son,

she transfers that anger upon the palace.

those previews of chaegyung and shin crying alone makes my heart ache.

i dont even wanna call these 2 stupid anymore for being naive or being stubborn.

theyre 2 young kids having to deal with all these pressures that noone else

can understand. im scared at how this shows gonna end ... =x

i meant that in the manhwa, i think it was SHIN who set the fire. but i'm not positive. in the drama, im sure its YUL. you're post is hilarious. 'That pig headed, pycopathic, son of toot, who deserves to get his pee pee cut off!' haha. =D im sure you're looking forward to tomorrows episode to figure out who set the fire, right?

umm kinda, YES :lol::lol: Yul is a toot and needs a spanking! I am more than enough willing to give him a spanking. Rather than a spank maybe he should be slashed like in Singapore where they like slap peoples butts with a whip. They whip them so hard the butt slipts apart! That'll teach a lesson for sure :lol: Speaking of the manhwa, y did Shin set the the palace on fire in the manhwa? Was there a reason or did he just do it on accident?

Guest cilik

i meant that in the manhwa, i think it was SHIN who set the fire. but i'm not positive.

I read it a while ago but I think it was Yul's mom that set the fire to her part of the palace in the manhwa... or maybe they never found out. BUT Shin was only accused of doing it.

I believe insideMYheart is right. In the manhwa, Shin was only accused of being the arsonist, while the real culprit was either Yul's mum (who probably had set her own place on fire while blaming it on Shin to jeopardize Shin's position) or was never revealed. If I remember correctly, when Chae herself suspected Shin, even Yul assured Chae that it wasn't Shin's doing.

Guest cam3n

Guys.. I know this is wayyy too old to be brought up.. but I wasn't really following up Goong's thread till recently.. could any of you tell me.. what is the meaning of toot?

I only watch up to eps 17.. but even tho Yul turns bad.. I still adore him.. :lol: he's a poor soul that needs salvation.. I mean.. his dad died when he's a kid, kick out from his own home, plus an evil mother.. :sweatingbullets:

I believe insideMYheart is right. Shin is only accused of being the arsonist, while the real culprit was either Yul's mum or was never revealed. If I remember correctly, when Chae herself suspects Shin, even Yul assures Chae that it wasn't Shin's doing.

thanks for clearing that up, I remember reading part of the manhwa where Chae suspected Shin... in the books, though, the fire didn't kill anyone, right? it just caused some damage and for some reason Shin and CG end up moving either out of the palace, or to a different part of it?

Guest miimisunshine

[Hello to all my lovelies!

Just thought this is so cute! If this were Shin and Chae's kid...he definitely takes after Chae!

photo25611no1033613dl.jpg

I love this kid! I love them both!

photo25611no1033618lw.jpg

creds to: imbc.com

Oh my gulay!!!! it is soooo cute!!! i love that little boy!! he does take after CG!! with the whole peace sign.. he is soooo cute i can't stand it!!

Guest ruthie08

hi guys! do you think there will be a change in casting in season 2 (main casts)??? :blush:

will YUL GOON still be there??? :unsure:

just curious.....it wouldnt be fun if they change the main casts... :sweatingbullets:

Guest xx-outsider-xx

i just started to watch this drama and i am starting to love it! i love the different characters because they are young and very new. the plot is funny and the scenery is really beautiful! shin is very cute and yul is even better. this is my new favorite right along with My Girl... :):D:sweatingbullets::w00t:

i hope you won't be disappointed later coz this series has gotten far from funny as of late. though some 'comic relief' scenes do get me laughing out loud. :lol:

and i dunno, i think kim jung hoon is the only one improving in acting so far out of the three (song ji hyo is good from the beginning). YEH's acting still at the same level from where she started (no offense :phew: ). as for the crown prince, i dunno whether his stiffness in the drama comes from him being inexperience or simply because his character requires him to act so stiff :P .

Guest jhessy

hi guys! do you think there will be a change in casting in season 2 (main casts)??? :blush:

will YUL GOON still be there??? :unsure:

just curious.....it wouldnt be fun if they change the main casts... :sweatingbullets:

I sure hope not... and I sure hope they won't end season one with a cliffhanger.... aaarrrgghhh!!

WOW. THANKS FOR THE EPI. 21

BUT FOR SURE. SHIN WAS ACCUSED OF THE FIRE.

HE DIDNT DO. IT WAS EITHER YUL OR HIS MOM

SHIN WAS ONLY ACCUSED. SINCE HE SAW THE FIRE AND WAS NEARBY.

THEY BLAME IT ON HIM. *DARN IT*

BACK TO WATCHING EPI. 21

and i dunno, i think kim jung hoon is the only one improving in acting so far out of the three (song ji hyo is good from the beginning). YEH's acting still at the same level from where she started (no offense :phew: ). as for the crown prince, i dunno whether his stiffness in the drama comes from him being inexperience or simply because his character requires him to act so stiff :P .

Okay, I'm going to get killed, and I know he's just starting out, but I think JJH's acting is really poor. I just can't get any feeling from him in the scenes where he's supposed to be emoting and it makes me want to just turn off the drama (oh, wait, I already did that! :P) Stiff, yes, he's totally stiff all the time and it makes his character appear to be very arrogant CONSTANTLY. Either that, or he's constipated. I know he has a lot of fans here and I'm going to get bashed for saying it. I hope he can improve in the next drama he does, but he hasn't impressed me enough for me to watch his career.

And I agree, KJH's performance has been improving. For a while in the middle it seemed like he was using the same expression over and over (the "oh I'm so sad feel sorry for me" look!) But once his character got more intense I saw him expressing pretty good range.

Guest crazy_me

after seeing the fire scene pic, i don't think this is getting any better.. we're now on episode 22 and they drop a bomb like this, how can you resolve it in 2 episodes? okei, even if the fire thingy isn't resolved now, i don't think this scenario's gonna help in shin and cg's relationship :(

i don't think shin deserves all this you-dont-deserve-to-be-king or you-are-bad treatment from his dad or anyone else from the royal family.. i know he's cool and distant but he is not that bad for me.. this is really too much for him.. i don't know if cg's just playing dumb or she's really dumb -_- the answer she wants is right in front of her, and she can't see it!!! grr yul, i am still hoping that you still have a good heart, i know that you'll realize your mistakes in the end and become a good person again like you were before :) i am loving the queen right now (shin's mom), though she looks mean, she really loves his son to death, at least there's still one person that will be beside shin no matter what happens.. the king is pissing me off, he has to get over his love for yul's mom coz its blinding him from the truth :angry: i know yul's mom's gonna get what she deserves in the end so as much as i don't want to see her, i have to bear with her irritating face till season 2...

i am thinking (but still denying it :P) that the happy ending i am wishing for isn't happening this season.. i just think that the PD's are cruel though if that happens, coz they made us anticipate and wait this long.. i can accept the ending if it's a cliffhanger, because of all the issues, secrets and problems within the palace, but can't they let the two lovebirds together in the end? just that little thing and i can go on waiting for season 2 :phew: i don't care if the whole palace gets burned, yul turns to a devil :lol: whatsoever, i just want cg and shin to make up period. at least give us that ending, waaaaaa

just reading your spoilers and summaries of the episodes makes me want to scream, this is really frustrating :wacko: i don't even want to watch episode 19-22 anymore :tongue2:

okei, sorry for the long post, got carried away :lol:

Guest ViEt_AnGeL

i hope not too, i think yul is a good acter, ^^ and he's really hot,

anybody here finish the whole season yet?

Guest cilik

thanks for clearing that up, I remember reading part of the manhwa where Chae suspected Shin... in the books, though, the fire didn't kill anyone, right? it just caused some damage and for some reason Shin and CG end up moving either out of the palace, or to a different part of it?

No, I'm pretty sure there were no casualties as a result of the fire, only damage to Yul's mum's section of the palace. Shin and Chae ended up being banished to Chang Dok palace following the arson incident, which the elders claimed was an attempt to mend Shin's reputation in the eyes of the public. Though in the beginning of their marriage it was Shin who gave the elders an ultimatum to let him and Chae move to Chang Dok palace. If I recall correctly, Shin told Chae that he'd be able to give her more freedom (i.e., to see her parents and friends, etc) once they start living on their own away from the elders. Actually, rainbowbrite reminded me of something interesting. In the manhwa, the fire scene comes before the divorce and kneeling scenes, while in the drama, the divorce & kneeling scenes are shown before the arson incident.

Archived