[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest sunhee *

Ok, so some of you like the caveman approach, you're totally entitled to that, but this is just me personally and it doesn't get any plainer on the table: Chae Gyung tried to push him away and Shin wouldn't let her. He didn't care about her enough to respect the fact that she was saying and acting a clear NO. It doesn't matter a hill of beans that we all wanted hot skinship, because at that moment, it was about what Chae Gyung wanted and what Shin DENIED HER JUST BECAUSE SHE WAS PHYSICALLY WEAKER. THAT is the wrong part in all this. That kissing scene was about violation, and it hit me on a moral level.

I know what you mean on that level. As fellow females, we shouldn't advocate for forced physical contact of any sort, especially against her will. However, in context of the storyline, it seemed somehow.. not so heinous. I know I'm contradicting myself here, but I can't precisely put my finger on what it is. Shin's complex character fascinates me the most. Maybe it's his frustration that I was able to feel. There were rampant misunderstandings on both sides, and because CG left an impression to Shin that she wasn't totally against the idea of going to Yul after their supposed 'divorce,' Shin somehow wanted to imprint himself into CG's heart out of sheer desperation. Yes, I admit that Shin is a pompous prick at times who yells at his wife at whim and crushes her feelings with his insensitivity. But Chae Gyong is slowly teaching him how to relax, and just take life for what it is. I think this was pointed out by Kang In in this episode when he noted that Shin is changing. He's becoming more softer and accepting. Beneath the cold facade, I think Shin is a character who longs for warmth. He's been taught how to dress, eat, and act with decorum, yet he hasn't been a character who feels and simply release those feelings once in a while and act upon them. With Shin, I see suppression after suppression. In comes Chaegyong and chips the wall that he's carefully guarded all his life. Suddenly, he learns to relish the meaning of 'life.'

Now that this ray in his life is threatened to be demolished, I think he was overwhelmed with emotion and was simply at a loss of words yet somehow wanted to make it known that she means more to him than she thinks. Yet, because he's unfamilar with expressing himself, he resorted to the best way that he thought he could. Mixed in with utter desperation. I see the kiss as his utmost attempt at showing his feelings, something that CG brought and taught him when she entered the palace and turned his carefully structured life upside down.

Sorry I rambled, but I hoped my point of view made sense somewhat? :)

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest samgirl

" the talking of Hyorin and Shin, I feel this is actually a very important scene. Because it highlighted how CG has become someone/something that is as important (if not more!) than his dream and that he's planning a future with CG in it. Unfortunately, CG only heard the front portion and resulted in the misunderstanding. And all the drama started from there. *damn you PDs"

from what i read in the manhwa

cg really shouldnt have heard the entire conversation

it is just the way it is

that is why she went out and yul found her

so they are stcking i guess with the manhwa

Guest yansi

Hi Everyone!

I mentioned before that my sister started teaching me photoshop and I'm actually doing this for GOONG! I had the program forever in my computer but never used it, until now!!! Here's My work of ART! Please be nice, this is my first time... :( Hopefully I get better! HOPE YOU LIKE THEM! ENJOY! :D

GOONG BANNERS!

jesus26za.jpg

memories28mb.jpg

goongpanty25jo.jpg

torture24jg.jpg

Hope You GUYS Like them! It's ALL for you GOONGERS out there!! Fighting! :D

wow, that's really good for your first time! :) hope you'll continue creating fanarts <3

lovin' cg's expression in the first one

Good points, sunhee *, it's really sad how Shin keeps metaphorically shooting himself in the foot, though! It's not only that he can't express himself, or that he expresses himself poorly, though. It's the fact he keeps putting himself into far more compromising positions with Hyorin than CG ever does with Yul.

I think maybe CG has finally reached the breaking point with him. However, if I'm not mistaken, in the manhwa Shin explains to her about the conversation he had with Hyorin about going overseas together to study, and they make up.

Guest echoRy

Nah, I think there's a clear line between misguided and malicious. Misguided is: he tried it, she pushed him away and he stopped, realizing his mistake. What happened was malicious: he tried it, she pushed him away and he tried HARDER.

I've figured it out! *dances around* This is the humanitarian in me speaking out more than it is the fan of Goong. I'd be saying this about any two characters/people who had the same exchange.

Apple, fellow philanthropic here girl!

but yeah maybe we should leave our *moral conscience radar*

away from the show...except with that suicide attempt <---- that i won't let slide.

but yes, it's great to have reality checks now and then but not to the point of

putting people off. i wanna enjoy the show, not pull it apart.

if need be, criticize the show, but leave it within context!

Guest AnglKoreanGurlKT27

AHHH I think I'm going crazy! Freakin A. I hate it when in dramas they listen to half of what's going on and then leaves when the most important part is right when they leave. I really wanted her to hear what shin said about how he's found something that's as important as his dream. ARGGG! It makes me really angry. And when she tried to explain she just hurt his feelings by saying I want to go home and start a new life anyway.

But yeah.. Yul's kiss was innocent but I think Chae Gyung's just finding something to rebound on after what she heard shin say. And like when she said Yul is more truthful, well, she got the truth he likes her and that's why he kissed her. Maybe being forceful wasnt' the best approach and when he said i'm showing you who's your husband that was a negative. But hell, if he kissed me like that I wouldn't even be resisting. ^^. I just hope in the next one Chae Gyung finds out what he REALLY said. *sigh*. lol I'm so rooting for Kang Hyun and Jang Kyung. Aw that was a surprise. ^^. Hoping to see more. I bet you anything that in the future all Shin's pics and videos of Chae Gyung are going into his final movie project at school. That's my theory.

But If you think about it. All the stuff that Shin did with HR, CG is doing with Yul. Like everytime Shin see's Yul and CG together it's kinda worse cuz they're always touching and stuff. So CG kinda put Shin through a lot too. Like when he saw Yul hugging CG he was like could you ever hug me like that. So I kinda think they put each other through mutual pain(?) if that makes sense.

This is why i hate dramas yet soooo addicted. GOONG!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!

<3 Sophie <3

Guest ke_aicrissy

hi guys!

i started watching this last week and man! i'm so hooked! thanks to the subbing team!

i can't wait for the subs of epi 15 and 16...i'm watching 15 and 16 without subs hehe :lol:

Guest Pikachu

but yes, it's great to have reality checks now and then but not to the point of

putting people off. i wanna enjoy the show, not pull it apart.

*nods* Right now, I want myself and the people around me to enjoy Goong and not make it into my next sociology or humanities essay or whatever.

And a real edit to my previous post when I said Yul isn't a caveman at all. In a way he is. :P Shin is a caveman of action, Yul is just the more civilized version of a caveman, caveman of words. :phew:

i dun think the forced kiss was malicious at all!!!

here's a man totally out of himself - completely jealous, angry, thoroughly disappointed

yet he's also a man who's yearning, longing for the same affection his wife seems to show another guy!!!

so while he says "i'm your husband" i'm hearing "i need your love, love me too!"

sunhee*: i agree with everything u said esp "Now that this ray in his life is threatened to be demolished"

i also subscribe to the view that Shin was just reacting out of sheer desperation,

yes he may be lacking in self-control but he's bursting out of himself as he's losing the love of his life!

he just hasn't figured out what to do with himself and how to express his love!

Guest echoRy

Bebot great job on the banners, thank u very much.

this one is :tears: ang ganda, sad but ganda!

torture24jg.jpg

Hope You GUYS Like them! It's ALL for you GOONGERS out there!! Fighting! :D

i dun think the forced kiss was malicious at all!!!

GOOD! someone agrees with me!!!

When I went browsing this form, I saw a very funky image. Shin with lip gloss and his hair tied up O.O I swore those pictures totally freaked me out and I'm gonna get a terrible nightmare >.< I wanna watch ep. 17 and 18, but I dont wanna ruin it for myself. I never expected for Yul to 'kiss' CG. Eeep, Shin's face must've been scary. xD

Sorry I rambled, but I hoped my point of view made sense somewhat? :)

It makes perfect sense, and I totally agree with the fact that Shin doesn't know how to show love and instead fugs it up with all of these wrong, forceful actions. To me, that certainly explains it, but it doesn't excuse it. Does that make sense?

Imagining myself in CG's place, if I'm pushing a guy away, I'm, well, pushing him away. I think it's easy to explain away Shin's actions from our more omniscient point of view but I really feel for CG with that kiss. I'd be scared sh%*less if a guy tried to force himself on me.

Angeline, agreed. Moral conscience inevitably guides my enjoyment because that's just the way I watch stuff. Lighthearted and frolicsome I'd love to be (like I was for Sweet 18, for example), but Goong's story has made a point to cross lines and step on toes, so this is how I naturally respond. Comes from my incredibly over-analytic mindset. Who else do you know writes EDITORIALS, for pete's sake, about Kdramas? :P

Oh, the suicide thing. Ohhh, I shall stop myself before I go on all night about that one. *short sigh*

on another note, the kiss Shin gave CG while she was sleeping was incredibly sweet! now, if only he'd do that when she's awake!

manda- hehehe, it's hilarious. i wish someone would havePS'd Shin like that

beside EunHye in one of her make-up adds. that would be side splitting!

Bear awwie, that hurts! Chae said that? aigoo,

19 & 20 are gonna be super intense!!!

i really hope they do the bathtub scene to loosen all the seriousness.

and :lol: i wanna c EunHye act in that scene, Chae was hilarious trying to make

bubbles in the tub to cover herself lolxxxooo

yeah! she said that. she said yul and u are different. at least he is honest to be unlike.. we are husband and wife but u are not honest to me.. that way we can NEVER be close to each other.. she walks away and KISS.

*nods* Right now, I want myself and the people around me to enjoy Goong and not make it into my next sociology or humanities essay or whatever.

And a real edit to my previous post when I said Yul isn't a caveman at all. In a way he is. :P Shin is a caveman of action, Yul is just the more civilized version of a caveman, caveman of words. :phew:

OOO i totally agree with the caveman words.. i mean u wanna talk about honesty?

kaoz.. yul is a @#$%^&*()

Hyorin told yul that shin likes cg ALOT.

and guess wad he say? he say love can change..

hyorin said : but isnt love something both parties shld have for each other

yul : .............

then he went ahead and tell Cg that shin dun love her.. she and shin are not compatible, shin is more comfortable with hyorin.. wadtf?

talk about honesty? YUL IS dilludin himself.!

and haiz.. can we all not argue about that kiss? lOlx..

i think shin got what he deserve after that slap? i bet it hurts..

Guest Bebot

Bebot great job on the banners, thank u very much.

Thank you very much! :D It's all for the GOONG Family! I'm getting addicted to it! I've been in my computer for several hours now and I'm having a hard time to stop!

Been looking around the thread while doing the photoshop thing, Wow! some serious conversation going on here... :( I had to double check if I was on the right thread! :phew:

As far as I'm concern, I'm loving the story right now and I can't wait for the next episodes! We're finally getting some ACTION! :D (Skinship in OVER HERE!) I know that we've all been waiting for a long time! Stolen Kiss (* while CG is Sleeping), kiss on the forehead by Yul, and that ANIMALISTIC kiss by Shin! HOTTTT! *fanning herself :D

---> kumusta! addict na ako! Ano ba yung mga pinaguusapan nila? Well, opinion nila iyon .. basta ako.. ENJOY LANG! :)

Guest Pikachu

yeah! she said that. she said yul and u are different. at least he is honest to be unlike.. we are husband and wife but u are not honest to me.. that way we can NEVER be close to each other.. she walks away and KISS.

OOO i totally agree with the caveman words.. i mean u wanna talk about honesty?

kaoz.. yul is a @#$%^&*()

Hyorin told yul that shin likes cg ALOT.

and guess wad he say? he say love can change..

hyorin said : but isnt love something both parties shld have for each other

yul : .............

then he went ahead and tell Cg that shin dun love her.. she and shin are not compatible, shin is more comfortable with hyorin.. wadtf?

talk about honesty? YUL IS dilludin himself.!

hehehe but I'm sure it's okay since it's YUL. :P Yul can always be forgiven, especially when he sheds a tear.

:vicx:

Still can't believe he actually did that though. -_-

Guest fianaz

U know, after Yul kissed CG, n Shin hold CGs hand n Yul grabbed Shins hand n said "she doesnt wanna go"

(if i'm not mistaken).......I really wished Shin will just go with the "if u wanna stay, u stay" attitude...... CG

will surely feel guilty n it'll be her turn to oppologize n said not to be upset by the kiss.......n hug Shin..... B)

Guest AznGrlz

Girl, can't you tell that he'd fallen for you,

Though he ignores and tried acting like it's not true?

He would feel angry when you're with another guy,

Get irritated, mad, as these feelings he tries to identify.

Are all guys stubborn when it comes to love,

Or just the ones that always putted love above?

Girl, keep trying don't ask him why,

God will protect your love from way up high.

It's all fated, all meant to be,

Appreciate it; take your time to see.

This game called love is a lose or take,

So take your chances for life's own sake.

You're almost there, can't you feel the score,

That his heart beats faster for you more and more?

When you're hurt he rushes to see why,

When you're down he's there right by your side.

I don't disagree that he's quiet, stubborn, and cold,

That's why girl you got to be stronger, forward, and bold.

Keep believing, put some faith on love's creator,

'Cause the ice will have to melt sooner or later.

My best friend wrote this for Goong, basing it on Cg's view...hope you like it!: i forced her into loving goong, first ep. and she's hooked lol:

Guest fianaz

My best friend wrote this for Goong, basing it on Cg's view...hope you like it!: i forced her into loving goong, first ep. and she's hooked lol:

OMG....thats very sweet.....love it sooo muchie.......shes very talented...... B)

Guest Bebot

Wow! Awesome job! I wish I could write like that.. She total encaptures CG's view or what CG should be paying attention to.

I love this part, I hope CG hears this part! "Keep believing, put some faith on love's creator,

'Cause the ice will have to melt sooner or later"

Good Job! :D

Archived