[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest donilpark

IF EVER season 1 is just chae gyung's imagination, then what will season 2 be?

That's why they will most likely not end the show that way. Pulling another Lovers in Paris on us... :(

Anyway, they all know that people don't like an ending like that.

So I wouldn't worry about that...

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest missy

18jg.jpg

11416138921qg.jpg

OMG THAT IS TOO FREAKING ADORABLE FOR WORDS. ah yul, you're so cute. *pinchs cheeks* please don't go evil on us.

rainbowbrite- i agree with what you said. i too don't see him flip-floping love, but rather having a hard time letting her go gently. i don't think he wants to be harsh and hurt her. i rewatched ep. 13 since the subs are out, and when cg asks shin why he likes her and he says something to the effect that they are alike, both lonely. i think prehaps this is part of the reason why he still goes to her? he can't leave her alone. grrr it makes me mad.

speaking of ep. 13 i forgot how hilarious the last scene is! so much better now that i know exactly what they are saying.

I was confused on the transition from the very end of episde 15 to the beggining to episode 16 where they just end up atht ebeach. what were they talking about when shin was at the nice pole and CG came in?

Guest kyotoji

Sorry I can't help you with the music, but the post reminded me of something interesting, how Chaegyeong mentioned the dark room in the scene where they were about to watch pictures on the computer.

Besides from the PPL with that remote controlled computer (it's that Windows Media Center Edition or something like that, right?), it's interesting for Chagyeong to mention the dark room at this point.

This is the first time Shin takes pictures of Chaegyeong (to my memory), and considering that he has a thing about photography, (he even grabbed a camera at his first birthday party) this seems like a very important turning point.

The dark room is the space of Shin's memory with Hyorin and her pictures.

Now, just before he announces to Hyorin that he thinks he likes Chaegyeong, he takes pictures of Chaegyeong and enjoys it outside in the brightness of his bedroom rather than the dark room (like how Hyorin was but a secret, shadow girlfriend to him)

Maybe there's a meaning even to the fact that he took Hyorin's pictures with conventional film camera and Chaegyeon's pictures with digital camera there.

So this may symbolically mean that he completely shook Hyorin off of his mind and that his feelings are now for Chaegyeong.

thanks, donilpark.

Ya... lights play a major role in how the mood sways from character cast to character cast.

How can i missed this "role" played? **Babo me.**

Guest beautifulxmess

Telly, in this case, I don't think the Pds will end this season with it being concocted out of CG's imagination.

Why do i think this?

I've read many articles, reviews & interviews and it seems what distinguishes Goong from other mere trendy dramas is because of it's lavish cinematography and presentation of 'palace life'. this alternate universe they've created, it intrigues ppl to see palace life in such a modern setting. That's what's really holding the drama together. If season 1 ends with it being CG's imagination, I can't help but thing the drama will get really dull.....

so yeah..i'm holding onto the hope they won't end it off like that.

Donilpark, you're so observant!!! Symbolism and everything, i totally dismissed them until u pointed it out..hehee..how cool. thanks for that.

Ahh! can someone try ripping the Ngs into something more downloadable?? Thanks in advance!! they look like the best NGs yet..hehee

And then one more thing to note is how the light is an important element in the design of the palace set.

From one interview, I read that the interior designers paid extra attention to the lighting in the set to give specific effects.

donilpark & rainbowbrite: thanks for pointing out what CG said about automatic things!

i'm amazed at the symbolism they put in - i love the significance it brings out so well!!!!

Guest donilpark

Btw, speaking of details, remember that rice-spitting scene in ep 16? haha..

from the making of it, looks like they all had a good time filming it coz both YEH and JJH were like chatting and JJH was telling YEH how to do it...

then he imitated Yul's line "dirty. dirty...dirty"... hahaha... then the clip showed us that scene with Yul :P (ep 13)

and YEH was putting the tiny bits of rice on JJH's cheek but she couldn't hehehe...

Haha, that's really funny.

I would love to see that. Dirty, dirty, dirty... :D

Guest usyagitntn

I don't think they will end season 1 with the audience finding out that it's all CG's imagination becuase that would make the whole show pointless and that would be the worst ending ever for such a great drama that has been so anticipated by many people and if they're making a season 2 where they continue the story in university, it wouldn't make sense if season 1 was all Cg' imagination

Btw, speaking of details, remember that rice-spitting scene in ep 16? haha..

from the making of it, looks like they all had a good time filming it coz both YEH and JJH were like chatting and JJH was telling YEH how to do it...

then he imitated Yul's line "dirty. dirty...dirty"... hahaha... then the clip showed us that scene with Yul (ep 13)

and YEH was putting the tiny bits of rice on JJH's cheek but she couldn't hehehe

thanks for pointing that out I watched the NG but couldn't understand it so I was a little confused when Yul suddenly pop up saying "dirty", I thought JJH was referring to that scene but didn't know he imitated yul.:lol:

Guest Telly

That's why they will most likely not end the show that way. Pulling another Lovers in Paris on us... :(

Anyway, they all know that people don't like an ending like that.

So I wouldn't worry about that...

Telly, in this case, I don't think the Pds will end this season with it being concocted out of CG's imagination.

Why do i think this?

I've read many articles, reviews & interviews and it seems what distinguishes Goong from other mere trendy dramas is because of it's lavish cinematography and presentation of 'palace life'. this alternate universe they've created, it intrigues ppl to see palace life in such a modern setting. That's what's really holding the drama together. If season 1 ends with it being CG's imagination, I can't help but thing the drama will get really dull.....

so yeah..i'm holding onto the hope they won't end it off like that.

ahhh, thanks for all your input =) i like discussing things that make you think =)

and i've been thinking too much about the ending! [but wouldn't it TOTALLY SUCK if they gave us two great seasons of goong, and then in the end; *bam* chae gyung says: "and so there goes my IMAGINATION"]

haha, well, i'll stop thinking too much now and leave all the worrying to the cast and crew =D

goodnight, my lovelies <3

It's being aired in the US?

That's a news to me.

What episode are the US viewers at?

Some kind of aphrodisiac... Who knows what it really is...?

It's currently airing in Southern Ca. They just finished chapter 2 last Thurs. SO happy...

200611416166770_s.jpg

was YEH's head too heavy :lol: and JJH said kuenchana?

omg, i wish i could end work now and run home to watch the vid!!

if zinc hasn't rip this for us by the time i get home (in like 6 hours time :tears: ) i'll try to do it with the software zinc used :)

Guest gebera

I was confused on the transition from the very end of episde 15 to the beggining to episode 16 where they just end up atht ebeach. what were they talking about when shin was at the nice pole and CG came in?

She came in and said it was weird taking the family portrait with the royal family. She felt that family portrait should be that of her dad/mum and brother. Then she felt that maybe she had not got used to the transition of having new family members.

She asked "when will we be a family"; Shin turned over to ask "What". She quickly said nothing and murmured something like "nothing... tomorrow and tomorrow the sun will rise again, just forget about what happens today!" Shin was surprised at she said cos it was supposed to be a popular line from the movie "Gone with the wind"....

Shin then asked if she wanted to see the sunrise. Shin called to arrange to bring her out of the palace and jokingly said that should the elders asked where they are going, just tell them that the royal couple is gone with wind!

Guest insideMYheart

Nothing's uncertain.

Everything is fixed.

Season 1: 24 episodes.

Season 2: winter 2007. Don't know how may episodes yet.

Aw, if this is the case, I think I'm going to be disappointed.

Lol. Sorry if I'm a spoiler, but neither Yul or Shin become the King.

Hmm, how is it possible to know this if the manhwa itself hasn't been finished yet? How did you find out?

Guest ...TLT...

hi everyone..lolz..im like another goong fans..i guess u can say that..well at first i thought i dun wanna watch it..but then it air on channel 18 every wed and thurs...so i decide to give it a try..and well i've just finish 1 and 2...i got kinda addicted..now i dl online with no subs...cuz i can't control muh urge to watch this..lolz..but then i will watch the one on channel 18 too...lolz..anyway so far very good...still waiting for more good stuff..=)

Guest donilpark

Just watched episode 16 making film...

It seems like YEH and JJH got close with each other.

YEH is now talking casually to JJH.

Looking good, looking good.

^ hehehe.. donilpark... yeah, they got closer I think... :D

good sign, eh? ^^

I was so skeptical about their off-screen chemistry before, coz I don't think they were that close yet.

But since that hubbang (sp?) scene, and perhaps this beach scene, honeymoon scene....hmmm... who knows where the sparks gonna end up in! ;) haha

does anyone know the ratings for the episodes for last week?? :phew:

You can always see it here

And last week's episodes aired at the same time - same date.

Archived