[jp Upcoming Drama] 絶対彼氏。 Zettai Kareshi. Absolute Boyfriend

Guest cee.jay

Guest jaejae

Ending soon ;__;

So, to anyone who's read the manga already, does the drama follow it pretty much? Or is it worth reading after watching the drama? :)

The drama doesn't follow the manga at all. The only things they've kept the same is the idea of a 'robot lover' and the names of the characters.

I read the manga AFTER watching the series, and I'm pretty disappointed that they didn't just stick to the original storyline =(

I definately recommend the manga after watching drama though! Both are so different, that I really hope another country can do a remake and STICK TO THE MANGA!! ><

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mookie

The drama doesn't follow the manga at all. The only things they've kept the same is the idea of a 'robot lover' and the names of the characters.

I read the manga AFTER watching the series, and I'm pretty disappointed that they didn't just stick to the original storyline =(

I definately recommend the manga after watching drama though! Both are so different, that I really hope another country can do a remake and STICK TO THE MANGA!! ><

I dont think it's to the extreme you r describing. The ending is very similar to the manga. It is an adaptation, so the scriptwriter did take lots of liberties with characters and plot developments. This may be too mature and realistic lacking the fantasy of romance for your taste and expectation, so I do understand your disappointment. But to say some other 'country' should tackle this material....I honestly cant think of any culture other than the Japanese to handle the fascination with anything robotic to give this story any weight and credibility.

I really dont want to think how anyone can make a TV drama sticking true to the original storyline of a high school student acquiring an almost always naked sex robot as a bf and falling instantaneously in love with 'it'....and make it appealing to the masses.

Guest Deziel

Even as a guy, I really enjoyed this drama.

I really pitied Night. Being a robot and all and yet developing his own mind. I don't think human and robots are that different when it comes to emotions. We get emotions from experiencing thing, Night experienced so much while with Riiko, it's only natural that his AI (Artificial Intelligence) would start developing such emotions.

Gahhhh. It was really good. x.x

Guest sweet_pai

I just finished this drama, man i cried like baby it was so sad ;o I usually don't like crying either!!

I feel sorry for night, so warm and caring. Mokomichi is hot.

Guest `soliloquy

Alot of comparison has been made between the manga and the drama. Having read the manga before watching the drama, I'm actually glad they hadn't followed the ending stipulated in the comic. All in all, I enjoyed the drama and got teary-eyed towards the end.

Especially when Riiko started sobbing

:tears:

Guest jollibee

i finished this a week ago...

my goodness i soo love night/knight...

especially the fact that his half filipino...

i wish he would come here...

but i'm still kind of hoping that night didn't die that he would somehow be revived...

an sp perhaps

love it!

just started watching it last night straight till this morning

currently is 4.45am, managed to finish the whole drama and my eyes are sored from crying

felt really sweet and sad and the same time

though i expected the ending from the start

but whenever i think that falling in love with someone that you can only rmb through memory

is really hard

love is really the starting of all miracles

*-* 1 hr more to preparation for school

i'll end up sleeping in class again

Guest mookie

http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/...op-dramagp.html

The seasonal nikkansports drama awards' out, as expected big winners r CHANGE and LF.

Moko hold his own with a decent 3rd place in best actor. I havent watched and am not interested in Rookies, but now it sparks my interest as to Sato Ryuta...beating Moko's Naito...um... for those who've seen Rookies, what r your thoughts?

Kimura, he is in another stratosphere, it's totally indisputable in a fan fav award and he does deserve it.

But Abe Hiroshi is robbed.

Aibu also got a respectable 4th as supporting actress, honestly I was a bit surprised. :)

Guest ethopia

especially the fact that his half filipino...

i wish he would come here...

sorry to say but mokomichi hayami is not half filipino... he's pure japanese ;)

Guest Pinklett

i cried like so bad

i already started crying since the moment the final episode started, cause you know how it was going to end

all those pretty (goodbye) talk... gah

esp during the videochip part :tears:

nighto <3

Guest GreenTeaMochi

I frickin loved this drama. :( I wanna marry a robot now. HAHA jk. But <3 Night. He was sooooo sweet!

Guest madz_kikay

sorry to say but mokomichi hayami is not half filipino... he's pure japanese ;)

hayami mokomichi is half-filipino.. If I'm not mistaken, his mother is a filipino

Guest jollibee

hayami mokomichi is half-filipino.. If I'm not mistaken, her mother is a filipino

yes i heard he was...

his mother is filipina...

Guest hearte

gaah, this is such a bittersweet drama ;__;

one of my favourites though!

love both hayami mokomichi & mizushima hiro <3

but i'm really hoping for an sp!

hopefully some romantic stuff between soshi and riiko,

just to know it's really a happy ending between the two.

Guest <3.heartbreak

:o

wow i'm late-

i haven't watched jp dramas since hana kimi (OGURIIIIIIIISHUNNNNN=<3.)

hayami mokomichi is a hottie~~

Guest tvintrigued

AHHH! I always looooooooved the story, but was not too fond of the artwork.

I gained respect for Aibu Saki for Utahime, so I hope she does well with this innocent/less spunky character. ]

and HAYAMI, oh geez he is so hot and perfect for Knight's character.

As for the guy in Hana Kimi, I don't mind watching him.

This drama is awesome I was addicted to the drama and now i am reading the manga. It is definitely one of the best drama for 2008. Please join my facebook group of absolute boyfriend

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24368027609

" target="_blank">

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24368027609

Guest hearte

btw, does anyone know where i can find the background music that plays in the drama?

the soft pretty one with oooohs in it,

(if anyone knows what i'm talking about u__u;)

Guest madz_kikay

hayami mokomichi is half-filipino.. If I'm not mistaken, her mother is a filipino

waahhh.. i min.. "his mother" not "HER" hahaha... SORRY.. i'm so sleepy last night..

Guest kryiss

oh my gooooooooshhhhhh........... TToTT

i just finished watching the whole series yesterday and i could NOT stop crying for the last two episodes! it was so heart breaking i have never cried so much for a drama in a very long time. this was by far worth my time and this will stand as one of the best dramas i've ever seen. and yea i haven't read the manga yet but i do see that the storylines are completely different... but i bet i'll still love both just the same! people should not diss this drama just because it didn't follow the manga... but the drama was so good just as itself... i hope people can watch this first and then the manga... i'd love to read the original story of this and i'm sure i won't be disappointed ^^~. wow my eyes are still puffy from crying so much last night...... ahahahaha xDD

but anyways... i just wanted to rant about this... and so i'll end by saying i LOVE and i will MISS Night-kun~~! i have a feeling i'm gonna bawl even more when i read the manga now... BAH!! xDD my gosh i loved this drama~~~~~~~ <3

Archived