[jp Upcoming Drama] 絶対彼氏。 Zettai Kareshi. Absolute Boyfriend

Guest cee.jay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest miniejungle

i bought the dvd and the special as well, hahah... love it!!!

if they really have this robot on sale i will definitely buy one!

worth watching!

Guest juma48

I finished watching the drama and special a few weeks ago and i have to say this is one of the best jdramas along side with 1 litres of tears (but the SP suck though). At first i was rooting for soshi and riko pairing but after sometime night grew on me and i began to support night and riiko pairing. Both the drama and sp ending was sad though when night have to sleep twice again and also i have to say this is the best SP i ever seen as usually most sp i have seen was a flashbacks only. I really recommend this drama to those who have not seen yet *thumbs up*.

Also i really like the pairing of hayami and aibu and hopefully will get to see them acted together again.

• 1 month later...

I made a soompi account to post on this forum^^ I just finished Zettai Kareshi last night and I cried so much my eyes were all swollen this morning : [ I've been watching Jdramas the whole summer but none of them have worked as much for me as Zettai Kareshi did. At the beginning I did have the same complaints that a lot of people posted here, like the plot being too slow, Hiro's seeming to have more screen time than Moko and Riiko being too mean for the longest time ever, but the last few episodes, especially the last one, more than redeemed everything. I didn't like the SP that much though, because in the last episode it showed clearly that Night and Riiko knew and were ready to face the difficulties they would have to overcome if they wanted to spend the rest of their lives together, but in the SP they just..gave up, instead of the optimistic attitude they had in the last ep. I think Zettai Kareshi probably didn't need the SP, the ending in the original drama was already wonderful as it was. (The SP made me cry again. T___T)

I'm very happy that everyone on this forum enjoyed it as much as I did. : ]

• 2 weeks later...

Hayami Mokomichi was really good as a robot. But...the issue that he is robot bothered me...all the time, and I couldn't forget that he is machine and she is in love with him..of course he started grow feelings towards her... I felt bad for Hiro =(( anyway I should watch something else with Hayami, then I will start rooting for him ;)

Guest myname_boa_betheone

I really felt for Soshi, poor guy, he was always next to Riko, by her side ALL THE TIME, even when that indescribable *thing* that is programmed to love her stopped to function, Soshi never stopped loving and protecting her. And bam! that robot came back and she totally abandoned Soshi.

The SP is totally unnecessary, we get it already. Robots cannot replace humans.

• 1 year later...
Guest DaniFire

I knew right from the start that this series was going to have a sad ending. I mean, come on, Night (Hayami Mokomichi) is a robot. And however we put everything into place, he still cannot end up with a human... Still, I watched it because the storyline seemed very interesting. As I was watching, I was hoping for a happy ending even thought I knew that it would be sad. I was hoping for some sort of twist that the producers would be able to come up with to make Night end up with Reiko...

As the series ended, I honestly cried... I shed tears because reality is really, really painful. No matter if Night had been programmed to 'love' her, his programmed love for her grew out into something more humane. Even as a robot, he began to understand what truly loving someone meant... 

I cried because I felt that they really loved each other and yet, things are just impossible...

When I watched the SP, for the second time around, I cried again. I knew it already! I knew that Night was a robot and he would never be with Reiko! But I watched the SP hoping for a twist! I was hoping for a man looking and acting like Night to appear; the same man from whom Night has been patterned after so he and Reiko can have a real human love story... And of course, a happy ending. But it didn't happen. =(

Also, I must mention that Asamoto Soshi took my heart away. Even if I was rooting for Night with Reiko, I wanted Soshi to be happy too. I wanted him to find his own happy ending. I mean, he was neglected twice by Reiko who loved no one else but Night... And yet, after the very end, Soshi was still waiting. It's like, he became the home and healing haven of Reiko's broken heart... Aish... The guy was a martyr. He deserved something better...

I just finished watching episode 1, seems like an interesting drama BUT (and I shouldn't have) after reading the comments, I'm having second thoughts about continuing :unsure:

I really don't like sad endings, especially since I'm already rooting for Soshi. I mean, come on, "Night"s a robot so its a given that Riiko shouldn't end up with him but with Soshi.

But what is this, no Riiko-&-Soshi-happy-ending? :(

Guest shinhbang

I really liked the manga to this, but I thought the show didn't do it justice! There was hardly any touching in this drama! They only had one kiss (I could be wrong)! I liked the cast though.

• 9 months later...

agh omg I finally got around to watching this series and I have to say this is probably one of the best dramas I have ever seen T^T. Also I love the Mokomichi and Saki pairing! I hope they do more dramas in the future, this drama will make you laugh & cry so hard ...definitely reccomend it! Even if you're turned off by the idea that it's about a robot, watch it! You're gonna love it ^^

Archived