[variety] Kim Suh Bang Express 김서방 익스프레스

Guest evelyn168

Cancelling the show?? WTH?!

I was so excited cause I liked seeing the MCs. I mean, the show was fun and you see them doing crazy tasks. I thought it was not a temporary thing. I mean, this show and Change are both good. But I mean for Change, you can't keep on doing it cause the ppl will figure it out since you've got the same MCs... As for KSBE, you see the celebs try to complete these awkward tasks, which is like a roadtrip. You get to see how they handle themselves when put in these weird situations...

I'm going to miss this show. It was so nice to see Heejun back on a show. But they had to cancel it. Well, that means there's more time for Heejun, since he's really busy with composition...

Guest silverwingz

^ well they were just trying the show out for 3 weeks...

It was never a decision between this show and the in-law show, but rather this show and "Change." In the end, SBS decided to go with "Change" as the new show for their Sunday night lineup so the 3 episodes that they aired of "Kim Suh Bang Express" will be the final 3 of this show and no more episodes will be filmed.

http://isplus.joins.com/enter/star/200803/...0002010401.html

SBS based this on the ratings potential for "Change" being better compared to the costs, but seeing as both shows appeared at the same time except the first week, I don't know how they decided on this. The ratings for the Sunday night lineup with just "Kim Suh Bang Express" on 2/11 was 9.6%. The ratings with both "Kim Suh Bang Express" and "Change" on 2/17 and 2/24 was 12.9% and 11.5%, respectively. The ratings with just "Change" on 3/2 was 9.4%.

Yesterday's ratings dip for the SBS lineup probably has to do with MBC showing their new Sunday Night Lineup after canceling "Nothing is Impossible" thus people trying to check out the new show.

ETA

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200803030854421001

According to this article, SBS decided to cancel "Kim Suh Band Express" due to conflicting schedules of the MCs and costs of production... compared to the ratings output, I guess. Also, the show took too long to produce from planning to the filming stage to airing... it took a month. The CP said that as of now the show has been canceled, but it could be back after some tweaking of the concept.

thanks for sharing the news. i could see the costs of producing this show was high...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived