What Kind Of Headphones Do You Have/use?

Guest ^_O

i have many headphones. they all broke in a few months :(

mp3 broke too >.<"

so i stick to speakers :D

speakers ~~ (L)

my friend brings her speakers to school so we can all listen to music ^^

i usually listen to music at home, on the computer

or... i sing?

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yaewoneee

sorry i havent been here for a while :] anyway, mm the sound of the ath-es7 is amazing and the bass is definitely there but not too overpowering and it does block out a lot of noise from the outside. the notes are really crisp and i love them...but im selling them because they don't look rite on me...if anyone wants them, i can give them to you for a cheaper price, so just pm me. they havent been used outside of my house yet and i have the cleaning bag and cloth and original case.

Guest astrosexxy

i just recently got my new Skullcandy Hesh White. :) Skullcandy never disappoints me.

i always end up breaking them because i use them all the time. i used to sleep in them,

but i stopped when i realized it'd kill the wire. (i killed 3 pairs because of it lol)

Guest <yiboy>

i just recently got my new Skullcandy Hesh White. :) Skullcandy never disappoints me.

i always end up breaking them because i use them all the time. i used to sleep in them,

but i stopped when i realized it'd kill the wire. (i killed 3 pairs because of it lol)

Sorry, but I kinda felt that you were contradicting yourself.

If skullcandy never disappoints you, how come 3 pairs have broken?

Sleeping with headphones on should not in any way kill the wire or it's not supposed to anyways.

Any high quality headphone or even a cheap one at that should not simply break because you sleep with them on.

I suggest you try something else other than skullcandy like a Grado, Sennheiser, Audio Technica, Ultrasone, etc.

You'll find that are they not only a better build, but the sound quality is heaven compared to skullcandy's.

Guest thermopyle

I was looking through a magazine and told my audiophile uncle to get me an AKG K 701. Shoulda seen his face. That thing looks boss though. Wish I had one.

I did get a Sennheiser MX560 as replacements for my Grados to use outside. They're not expensive and they have pretty good sound. Perfect for walks/jogs/classrooms[:P].

Guest CKalvin

you my friend have got to move on.

i sleep in my senns every night and the only problem i have is getting waken by a massively bassy song at 3 am. =P

Guest Sparkle_Magic

Yellow Skullcandy Lowrider SKU headphones, and white ipod headphone with butterflies near the ear pieces.

The skullcandy headphones were given to me by my brother, and the ipop headphone were given to me by my little sister.

Guest Music_Gurl

I use the blue Skullcandy Lowrider for when I'm at home since I'm kinda scared of wearing it out in public cause it's kinda big :S

and I have the white Skullcandy Smokin' buds for when I'm heading out xD

Guest rice_rice

my earphones just died on me yesterday-.-'i've just been using the ones that came with my mp3 player lol

im interested in Audio-technica earphones/headphones targeted for females, they look really good!

any good or bad reviews on them?

can anyone recommend a good online store i can buy it from ?? (authentic, reasonable pricing etc)

unless you know where i can buy it in Melbourne, Australia??

Guest em.jennie

^

i got the ATH-CK1 Audio-technica earphone at the store called Go Audio

its in Melbourne Central, opposite the shot tower on level 1, yeah :]

i got mine for $50 - i also saw the Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 headphones for $200 something

mmmyeah ;D

Guest jvchou1316

anyone know any affordable headphones that are good for the ear?

or are all headphones just better for the ear in general (as compared to earbuds)?

thanks.

^ I will attempt to answer your second question, first a caveat as I am certainly no expert in the field & there appears to be some hard core audiophiles on this thread who may be better suited to answer your question, but most audiophile types do tend to prefer the over the ear headphones (circumaural/supra-aural) for absolute sound fidelity over the in the ear types.

This has to do with the fact over the ear headphones employ larger magnets & diaphragms which in turn are able to move greater amounts of air, this results in a fuller, more dynamic sound than their smaller in the ear counterparts, of course this attribute is also their main drawback. As their larger size in turn requires more power to operate & their physical bulk is also a turn off as people tend to prefer the comfort & portability of in the ear buds. Also most of the good full size cans like the Audio Technica & Sennheiser brands are open-air designs (as opposed to sealed designs) which tend to leak sound when played loud.

As far as in the ear designs, they generally fall into two categories, the ear bud models like the ones that come with most MP3 players, which rest on the outside of the ear canal & in-ear monitors which have silicone or foam flanges or tips which insert into the ear canal itself. The main benefit of these models over their over the ear counterparts is of course their smaller size & in the case of in-ear monitors, because they form a very tight seal with the ear, their excellent noise isolation characteristics. An important consideration if blocking out as much ambient noise is a priority for you.

I haven't even touched on the topic of noise cancellation, which is a whole 'nother thing hahaha...anyways, hope this helps & as far as your first question, well I am not sure of your definition of 'affordable' so I am reluctant to recommend any specific models/brands, but if you do a little research you will be able to find relatively affordable, good sounding headphones from a variety of companies.

Guest rice_rice

^

i got the ATH-CK1 Audio-technica earphone at the store called Go Audio

its in Melbourne Central, opposite the shot tower on level 1, yeah :]

i got mine for $50 - i also saw the Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 headphones for $200 something

mmmyeah ;D

Thanks!!!!

but whao $50 is quite alot for those earphones, i saw them selling for cheaper on ebay , but i don't know if their trustable, i guess you wont have to worry about them being fake.

Guest em.jennie

rice_rice yeah, i realised lol most of the stuff in that shop is quite overpriced

but oh well - no shipping hassle and all ;]

Guest najoong

I dont have headphones :/

But i have Skullcandy earphones.

AHAHHA

i wanted the skullcandy headphones,

but my MOM was like NO, ITS UGLY -__-

Archived