Street Fighter 4

Guest CK92842

Guest Phantos

The difficulty doesn't matter.

To get Akuma, you have to unlock Cammy, Fei Long, Rose, Sakura, Dan, and Gen first. Then you must beat the game with 1 perfect (if you're doing only one round) or 2 perfects (3 rounds) with no continues or losing with a character you have completed arcade mode with. After beating Seth, you will have to defeat Akuma to unlock him.

To get Gouken, you have to beat the game on arcade mode with Akuma first. Then play arcade mode again with a character you have seen the ending for. You'll need the same number of perfects as one condition in addition to ultra finishes (3 for 1 round, 5 for 3 rounds) and first attacks (5 for 1 round, 10 for 3 rounds). This has to be done with no continues and after beating Seth, you will have to defeat Gouken to unlock him.

I'm having a pinkberry of a time getting Gouken and he's the only character I need to unlock to get Seth. Abel usually ruins it for me with his cheap richard simmons throws. :angry:

PSN: Si1entElegy

awesome thanks for the tips dude, the only character for me to unlock is akuma and gouken!! =D

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JASON;

Dayumn i was playing as zangief. so OP in this game hahahaha

man i just circle the pad and randomly press punch and kick.

Guest Tonyc402

Dayumn i was playing as zangief. so OP in this game hahahaha

man i just circle the pad and randomly press punch and kick.

you got this game for ps3 or x360?

Guest CK92842

My stick broke. :(

I won't be playing SFIV until my parts come in. So it will take awhile.

I've read people have had their orders on hold for as long as 3 weeks. Thanks to Mad Catz they sure are getting lots of business.

Guest bystander

I honestly don't like how they made everyone so much bulkier.

Especially ChunLi. She was suppose to be my girl, man. :/

Combos are more fluid when using a stick.

Combo's are fluid so long as you're comfortable executing them. Stick or no stick. I find trying to execute the timing of hitting the punch/kick buttons way more difficult then trying to execute the Forward, Down, DF motions.

On a different note, I read through all the pages and haven't seen this information posted yet. I'm planning on hosting a Soompi Street Fighter 4 (PlayStation3) tournament. Just for fun. =] Though I really hope they release a game lobby system so we can have our buddies watch the match. It would be nice if you can have referees and spectators in the upcoming games.

Capcom today unveiled its plans for post-release Street Fighter 4 content, as the company will offer a steady stream of costume packs as well as a Championship Mode Expansion Pack.

The Championship Mode expansion will be a free download, but no release date was mentioned. When it arrives, the downloadable content will bring with it:

Replay Mode - Record, upload, and download top matches to share with the Street Fighter IV community. Players can analyze top tiered fighters matches, leave voter feedback for others, and share their own triumphant victories.

New Points System - Two new points systems to measure your skill (Championship and Tournament Points)

Enhanced Tournament Matching System - Skill level matching system offers improved tournament match making for beginners and mid-level players. Competitors earn Grade Points (GP) to earn entry into more advanced tournaments.

Meanwhile, five costume packs containing alternative outfits for five characters will release weekly for 320 MS points on the Xbox Live Marketplace and $3.99 in the PlayStation store. The release schedule follows

2/17 - Brawler Pack DLC Pack will include alternate costumes for: Zangeif, E.Honda, Rufus, El Furete, and Abel.

2/24 - Femme Fatale Pack will include alternate costumes for: Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and C.Viper.

3/3 - Shoruken Pack will include alternate costumes for: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.

3/10 - Shadowloo Pack will include alternate costumes for: Seth, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.

3/17 - Classic Pack will include alternate costumes for: Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen.

^-Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57109

On a different note, have any of you guys seen the "My Fist, Your Face" thing? I guess they meld your face on the characters.

Here's my face on a few:

03_090307011849_0000358_0_12.jpg

03_090307011710_0000352_0_11.jpg

03_090307010828_0000344_0_01.jpg

Guest disgruntled_ricecooker

^ LOL that is so wrong. Rumor has it Capcom is considering another edition of SFIV which might add Dee-Jay and T-Hawk in the game to complete the classic roster. Hopefully they will also include other Alpha characters and if we're lucky, SF3 characters. I finally unlocked every character in the game. Gouken is kind of weird to use and wasn't as "cookie cutter" (similiar to Ryu/Ken) as I thought.

Guest Zobia

i played this today at my uncle's (on PS3) , i'm not that good at it....i just beat 1 person and gave up on the second

i think it's cool how Exile's song gets played

Guest ryisakooguy

man kinda disappointed that i couldnt connect to you duykato. lol, id probably lose but i wanted try my best at a fellow soompier. i also think that tourney would be a koo idea.

My stick broke. :(

sorry had to quote that LOL!

anyway i tried playing online.and got owned.

they consistenly spammed TIGER PALM.

and cos i suck i couldn't do anything.

oh yeh it's laggy for me to play online..i guess because i'm from aus.

man kinda disappointed that i couldnt connect to you duykato. lol, id probably lose but i wanted try my best at a fellow soompier. i also think that tourney would be a koo idea.

We'll try again later today. I set my PS3 network to DMZ, so we shouldn't have a problem connecting.

::edit::

Out of curiosity has anyone made it to round 3 of Gamestop's SFIV tournament? Particularly anyone in San Jose?

*still shivering from duykato's sagat*

whew... man i swear i got lucky. my poor dan though... :/

Haha man those were some really good games, but I got so frustrated. I dunno what it was, but when it came to your Ryu I just couldn't overcome a lot of obstacles. Every single round it'd be so close. Then all the times I missed the ultra after an ex-uppercut, or when I do a super when I wanted to do a tiger knee.. I dunno what it was, but nothing I was doing was working. Zoning, close-up game, those are usually my strong points, not those games though. So many accounts of fail. We gotta play again. This is going to bug me until we play again. I've never had any matches that were constantly close like that. Good games.

I highly recommend anyone out there w/ a PS3 to play this guy. He's pretty good.

I AM SO ANGRY AT THE 360 D-PAD RIGHT NOW

lost a close game, both rounds that I lost, I could have won if I was able to connect balrog's ultra to the headbutt

went to training mode and looked at whats getting inputted when i press forward-back-forward...it gives me halfcircles BAH

Archived