Han Ji Hye 한지혜

Guest @shley

Guest luthien

This time around, I'm really glad she was offered to a different and more challenging role rather than the usual characters.

Sorry to cut the post short.. it's indeed exciting, at the same time very scary. This could be a huge turning point in her career and her follow-up projects may end up depending on the outcome of the film.

1234: As Kate said in HJH int'l, it's not confirmed she will be going to Shanghai... I can't remember anything planned for 8/30 based on the daum cafe. This rumor is coming from jihye.ifensi and baidu. No links to the news at all... but i am hoping it's true. :P

Haejin has been lucky to be able to work with such a great actress like Jihye with great work ethics. Both have worked so well together that their sizzling chemistry is just so evident for unconventional love story of MH and JH!

I want a reunion that badly too .... going for JH's movie premiere; I really hope those two fellas do that too!! I believe that if they can, they will!! Hwaiting to Jihye!!^^

Same goes for JH.. I couldn't be happier she was paired with YJH and mostly with PHJ. Even though he's newest among the cast, his acting is so much better than the lead. :lol: To be recognized for his effort and talent is really something to be proud of... Afterall, that's what he aims for, to be a REAL actor. He is modest enough to know he still has a long way to go to become one, but his progress so far has been amazing. So when he gets picked for a role, it's not just about looks, but it will be because his talent and ability are recognized. We see JiHye being recognized for that. It might be a long wait, but his time will come when he will have a promising offer.

Reunion!!! LDH reuniting with JH has sparked the tiny hope I have for JH and HJ... Maybe it's not entirely zero possibility of them getting back on screen as a couple again! *crosses fingers* Let us see them again!

from the news filming starts end of August

news today...again about the movie, I'm so desperate for trans..I think PD talks about casting Jihye and that her eyes(singel eyelid) helped a lot?:

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...;newssetid=1352

Raf,

Ifensi has the Chinese translation to this article.. maybe you could also ask Kate to translate? Please?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go....translation of yesterday's news....what the PD of new movie "Like a Moon escaping the Clouds" said about casting Jihye

.He's also director of Lee Jun Ki's hit movie "the King and the Clown"

translation korean to english done by KATEKATE..for Han Jihye Int'l./English Fan Forum

Thanks to her oriental eyelids, HJH became the cast of Lee Joon Ik Film

20090803174355373d5_175003_0.jpg

"without double eyelids, she became the cast"

through the phone interview with director Mr LEE, he said with satisfaction " i didnt watch drama, so i didnt know who was HJH before, I met her because of the recommendation of the staff, I was surprised that she didnt look like those 20 sth young actress that had double eyelids. that were oriental eyelids that difficut to find now. i told her that dont do any surgery for it. Also, She spoke well. Usually girl in her age were so afraid to meet me and they cant even speak, but HJH was quite comfortable when meeting me. She is really so perfect for the role. "

http://hanjihyeclub.18.forumer.com/index.p...=1650#entry3815

Guest luthien

^^ Oh bummer.. thought he actually watched East of Eden! :lol: Can't blame him.. it is EAST OF EDEN afterall. LMAO

I'm glad he still liked her, not just the eyes but JH's charms... I appreciate his confidence in her.

Han Ji Hye Volunteers at an Orphanage

2009 August 1

credits: cafe.daum.net/jihyeplus

http://tieba.baidu.com/%BA%AB%D6%C7%BB%DB/...4aa56251f9398d/

Baidu link instead... tvpot is loading too slow for me.

This might be related to the article about her and fellow Yedang artists donating books.

Some jihyeplus members went to the event and helped out.

Ji Hye sans makeup and all the bling-blings

Hanjihye-outing.jpg

credits: cafe.daum.net/jihyeplus

She's naturally pretty... and I just love hearing and seeing her laugh.

I'm glad there's no news reporters.. and the video was taken by HJH fan..The girls wouldn't let go of her hands!!!! :lol: Looks like everyone had a great time. Btw, no trace of JiHyun Ahjumma here. She looks sooo young. Forget it MH/JH shippers! :P

^^ Oh bummer.. thought he actually watched East of Eden! :lol: Can't blame him.. it is EAST OF EDEN afterall. LMAO

In the initial news it was mentioned she was considered because of her role in EOE..maybe the staff recommended that PD watch some Jihyun cuts...

"perfect for the role", hopefully JH can prove PD is so right. about her not being afraid of him..we've known her as not someone easily intimidated and she's always same ..whoever she talks to.

thanks for info about her outreach with members of her fan cafe....noble project and a good way of "bonding" with members of her fan club too...I can only dream of having her hold our beautiful banners at HJH Int'l...for now her handwritten message for the forum will do.

Guest luthien

more pictures from the 8/1

c7304935.jpg

b175b29e.jpg

64afdf0e.jpg

22a420df.jpg

e292f9cc.jpg

696b94c9.jpg

356f7227.jpg

credits: cafe.daum.net/jihyeplus and baidu

there are more than a couple fan accounts.. very long written accounts of their meeting with JH. I wish it would be at least translated to Chinese so we can bug Kate.

Someday Raf.. maybe someday your dream will come true. :)

more pictures from the 8/1

there are more than a couple fan accounts.. very long written accounts of their meeting with JH. I wish it would be at least translated to Chinese so we can bug Kate.

Someday Raf.. maybe someday your dream will come true. :)

thanks for additional pics....Kate can translate direct from korean to english too....not sure if allowed to take the fan accounts out of ifensi...

and yup someday...with us :)

anyway I'm lost....What is Hae Jin's description fo Jihye?

Guest luthien

^^ Really? I thought she translates from Chinese translation. Anyway, just bits and parts of the accounts.. They seem to be very personal. But some things a fellow HJH fan would love to know.. and get a better picture of what HJH is like in person. You must know her a lot from following her all these years. However for new fans, this is very helpful.

Original post here: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...&p=13919355

Excerpt on HJH from PHJ's photobook.

"Lastly, Han Ji Hye … a woman who never stops working hard. She researches on the character of her role and become that personality. At times, I feel that she’s not Ji Hye but rather, she had became Ji Hyun. In Eden, I’ve always wanted to put in even more effort than Ji Hye when acting together."

KOR/JPN to CHN: Lee Tae Ran’s Chinese forum

CHN to ENG: Melyssa

kate is chinese but she studied hangul too...if she has time she trans korean to chinese for jihyeifensi too....of course its much easier for her translating from korean to chinese....but for sake of the english forum she trans korean to english too. hopefully we will be shared the fan account..I'll talk to kate tonight..hopefully "bits" will be posted here tomorrow

PHJ..its cool...he knows when Jihye transform to JihYun..of course he knows Jihye is totally far from JH character. If its not Jihye anymore then we know its not Hae Jin anymore too. that's bringing acting to a higher level! totally immersed in the roles. and that's why we want more! I hope the way Jihye work didn't contribute to his falling hair because of EOE pressures.

Guest luthien

^^ Yes, please do so! I'd really love to know more!! :w00t:

Since HJ is still kinda new.. 3 projects so far.. He's learning a lot, and he loves to learn new things in order to get better in his craft. I think he'd be more pressured working opposite Lee Tae Ran, considering that was his very first project and she's a veteran. She's like his guiding light, someone to show him how it's done. Han Hyo Joo, he's fond of her youthfulness... maybe "playful"? And with JiHye, he becomes a challenger.. he can't fall behind thus must work harder. LTR=senior, HHJ=child, HJH=woman..

When sees JH putting a lot of effort, therefore he can't slack off. It's as if he sees her as a rival, and he takes up the challenge of outdoing her in bringing the best performance. It's nothing bad really, it's actually a huge praise on JH's part. This time around, it shows that Hae Jin is more confident about his acting, good enough to take on JH. Or seeing JH inspires him to push himself more. Hae Jin has matured a lot, not just in acting but being a professional actor in the very sense.

Originally being HJH's fans, we already know how she puts her heart and soul, her everything, so she can become the character. HaeJin is a witness to that, and once again shares it to the world what kind of an actress JH is. OT: Actually I'm really worried about this side of her. On one hand, it's great for an actress to do that.. but on the other, it's dangerous. Completely absorbing the character, where does Han Ji Hye go? Remember an interview about how she coped post-breakup? She escaped by absorbing the character Dan Poong from Likable or Not.. then after the drama finished airing, she was depressed because she didn't want to go back to herself, to her life, to her reality, to her problems.. now that's really really really bad... But since then, she has matured.. I just hope she won't go down that road again. Ji Hye, absorb the character to act it out, not completely.

With LTR, he was new.. there is "dependence" on the senior to show him how it's done. Thus the feeling of comfort, feeling of being at home.. LTR will take care of him. This is how he was able to do his very best, with that sense of comfort. Such a huge praise for LTR for helping HJ become an actor he is today.

By the way, in his photobook, HaeJin described his character and relationship with his previous costars in Seven Princesses and AMAHAE.. BUT in East of Eden. NADA! See that's where all the hair fallouts came from.. he can't describe MyugnHoon or Myunghoon's love because the writing was a total mess... also, MH was sabotaged which confused the actor himself. Our poor Hae Jin... He can't connect with MH, he can't even mention it in his photobook.. I'm glad he praises HJH and JMK.... :lol: I think i have to get back to my discussion with Mi-Hyun. EoE just drains the life out of me... and i don't intend that as a compliment the way I'd say "A Million Stars Falling from the Sky" or "Karei Naru Ichizoku" or "What Happened in Bali" or "Damo" drains the life out of me because it's sooooo sad but in an amazing, eye-opening, life-altering way. EOE is just sad. Period.

are these final casting news??

200908040282.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20090804n07175

http://news.nate.com/view/20090804n07348

Originally being HJH's fans, we already know how she puts her heart and soul, her everything, so she can become the character. HaeJin is a witness to that, and once again shares it to the world what kind of an actress JH is. OT: Actually I'm really worried about this side of her. On one hand, it's great for an actress to do that.. but on the other, it's dangerous. Completely absorbing the character, where does Han Ji Hye go? Remember an interview about how she coped post-breakup? She escaped by absorbing the character Dan Poong from Likable or Not.. then after the drama finished airing, she was depressed because she didn't want to go back to herself, to her life, to her reality, to her problems.. now that's really really really bad... But since then, she has matured.. I just hope she won't go down that road again. Ji Hye, absorb the character to act it out, not completely.

I rmb that interview after LON..like she felt w/o daily work with LON, she has nowhere to go after and that she's confused about Dan Pong and herself...which to me is like her not wanting to be Jihye because she has to face the reality of the break up of her first love...Dan Pong in Likable is like an "escape" ..she'd rather be Dan Pong than be Jihye..because of the pains she has to face as Jihye. also its in Likable as she said, she learned a lot from Senior actors specially the Seniors, the mothers in the drama.

for PHJ working with LTR, then HHJ..then with Jihye in a highly demanding role..drained him..from the interviews he's so honest about his frustrations..I hope he can get over and consider those, parts of learning experience.

Guest luthien

So CSW is really jumping on board!!!

Teeheee... He's a total hottie! :wub: Have you seen his pictures on his thread???? I'd love to start on City Hall, but..... still waiting for the full release of the subs. If it's as good as raved about, I may want to see it through the end even though it's RAW. And that is not good for me..I usually end up not watching it again with subs.

So CSW is really jumping on board!!!

Teeheee... He's a total hottie! :wub: Have you seen his pictures on his thread???? I'd love to start on City Hall, but..... still waiting for the full release of the subs. If it's as good as raved about, I may want to see it through the end even though it's RAW. And that is not good for me..I usually end up not watching it again with subs.

Total Hottie! and playing a rebel warrior! what more can you ask for and Hwang Jung Min as blind sword man! so many news..confirming final cast! we need to update the movie thread with latest news..

Guest luthien

I remember in Damo, I was falling for Jae Hee's rebel brother... i know there's the whole incest issue.. but he was so hot.. I was wishing they'd end up together. IT got me all confused because Lee SeoJin was the rival in love too. :lol:

I'm kinda confused with reading that history link you posted awhile back. About CSW's character playing the rebel, but he's royal blood???? ehhh?? maybe he's not royal per se but in a different class, just very high up there in the caste system? When you say royal, isn't it usually blood-related to the royal family, the emperor? in this case, the king?

This whole sword-fighting and battle scenes has to be good.

I just saw some stills from my favorite kdrama at this moment... aww.. the rebel (I think) with royal blood is too HOT!! :wub: I'm just getting excited at the thought of CSW getting all rough and dirty.. just not too much blood on the face please.. it kinda makes me queezy.

I'm kinda confused with reading that history link you posted awhile back. About CSW's character playing the rebel, but he's royal blood???? ehhh?? maybe he's not royal per se but in a different class, just very high up there in the caste system? When you say royal, isn't it usually blood-related to the royal family, the emperor? in this case, the king?

CSW character as mentioned is based on real rebellion leader LMH in korean war history....the real one as an inspiration...we have to wait for more details about how the writer characterized him in the manga..how much there is to the real one.

Guest luthien

Teehee... Baek Sung Hyun joins the cast.. Don't know what his acting is like, but he's a cutie... Really Raf, you'll love him when you see his six-pack. I know how much you're obsessed with that part of the body. The picture was like buried in LDH's thread.. maybe in BSH's thread

I wish Ryu Seung-Beom will still make the ensemble... but I guess the chances has gone down to very low now?

thanks to KPCULTURE

http://kpculture.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/...cast/#more-7062

Like the Moon Escaping From the Clouds Confirms Cast

Actors Hwang Jung Min, Cha Seung Won, Han Ji Hye, and Baek Sung Hyun will join director Lee Jun Ik of King and the Clown in his third historical production – Like the Moon Escaping From the Clouds (구르믈 버서난 달처럼).

Hwang Jung Min, Cha Seung Won, Han Ji Hye, Baek Sung Hyun

Like the Moon Escaping From the Clouds is being adapted into an action film from a three-book Korean manga series by Park Heung Yong. It was awarded the Republic of Korea Cartoon Culture Literary Prize by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and in 2005, translated into English by Steven D. Capener. The story is set at the end of the 16th century’s Joseon Dynasty, following Japan’s invasion of Korea.

Cha Seung Won is cast as the protagonist, Lee Mong Hak, who dreams of overthrowing the incompetent politicial regime and starting a world revolution. He leads a peasant rebellion against societal injustice and for equality. Mong Hak excels in the art of fighting to the extent that he is called Joseon’s best butcher. Cha Seung Won is currently training in swordsmanship, horseback riding, and action scenes. Uhm Tae Woong was initially cast as this character.

Hwang Jung Min is in the role of Hwang Jung Hak, a legendary blind swordsman who faces off against Lee Mong Hak. Although Jung Hak can’t physically see, he has acute insight. Upon meeting Gyun Ja (Baek Sung Hyun) who is distressed about how to get revenge, Jung Hak teaches him martial arts as they chase after Mong Hak. Director Lee Jun Ik said that the screenplay was created with Hwang Jung Min in mind for this character.

Baek Sung Hyun has been cast as Gyun Ja. As the son of a concubine, he harbours resentment against the world due to his lesser status. With the help of Hwang Jung Hak, he chases after Lee Mong Hak to avenge his father’s murder. Ryu Seung Beom was originally cast in this role; however, he had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts after this production was delayed.

Han Ji Hye will play Baek Ji, a gisaeng and Lee Mong Hak’s longtime lover. When she is left behind by Mong Hak, she goes off to search for him. Lee Mong Hak and Gyun Ja fight for her love. In preparation for her first sageuk, Han is practising to play the gayageum and sing Korean poems.

The film [finally] goes into production at the end of this month and is expected to hit theatres in the first half of 2010.

Source: StarToday

Guest kdramafanusa

R & L: Thanks for the postings in the movie thread, I really appreciate it. Hugs~

I was browsing the articles about the original casting, my thoughts. :)

The role of Lee Mong-Hak: UTW to CSW. I don't think I'm being biased for being happy with CSW's casting; he was good in his 1st sageuk Blood Rain. UTW's currently in saguek Queen SeonDeok, I haven't had a chance to follow it much; from what I read/hear - Go Hyun-Jung's acting is getting all the praises. How is UTW there? It's too bad that Mr X's not able to spoil us with his details writeups lately, I am curious about his thoughts on QSD's performances.

from Ryu Seung-Beom -> Baek Sung-Hyun: I'm so surprised. BSH has a baby face (regardless of his age), so different from RSB! Unless the script was changed, I am puzzled as to how they can be in the same role. Dahee likes him in Accidental Couple too, will see how she feels about his casting. :)

In KP's translation, CSW & BSH will fight for JiHye's love... I can see CSW & RSB (maturity & age wise) battling it out, but CSW & BSH??? Gosh. Sorry for ranting here. :)

Guest luthien

Really bummed RSB was too busy..... poor girl... abandoned by first love for a great purpose in life. Can a gisaeng run away?

I'm really happy CSW got the role instead of UTW. I'm in ep 18 of QSD, and personally, I'm not impressed just yet with UTW. He's okay, but I'm more in love with GHJ.. and even PYJ's acting is something I look forward to as long as she's not in a, panic mode state. Now the younger girl who played CheonMyung (PYJ's character) has got to be my favorite after GHJ.

Guest ripgal

Shouldn't ask for more already girls!!

Aren't Hwang Jung Min and Cha Seung Won already enough for Ji Hye? :P

No more complaints! XP

o/t:

So Da Hae and Ji Hye have something in common right now. One has worked with Baek Seung Hyun before, the other is going to. And some more, a coincidence or what, they're both gonna be in a period movie/drama at the same time. Bet they can share some tips with each other..hehehe...

This one's also HJH's first period movie right?

Guest luthien

Jo, I'm greedy :P sue me! The character description fits RSB's image more though.. but oh well..

I so agree. I felt the same way when I read the news on DH being in a saeguk. YOu got your wish too :P. Pretty dresses and all.. I guess eventually huh?

Both of them in saeguks for the very first time... and when BSH was announced, it was just weird.. :lol: So similar.. both lucked out at the same time.... We're both happy campers! it'll just be a long wait for us to see the movie.. a whole year away?! How many months till the DVD is released? What comforts me is HJM and CSW!!! :w00t:

R & L: Thanks for the postings in the movie thread, I really appreciate it. Hugs~

from Ryu Seung-Beom -> Baek Sung-Hyun: I'm so surprised. BSH has a baby face (regardless of his age), so different from RSB! Unless the script was changed, I am puzzled as to how they can be in the same role. Dahee likes him in Accidental Couple too, will see how she feels about his casting. :)

In KP's translation, CSW & BSH will fight for JiHye's love... I can see CSW & RSB (maturity & age wise) battling it out, but CSW & BSH??? Gosh. Sorry for ranting here. :)

That's the exact thought that came to mind! He is sexy yes... but he's such a cutie and a baby face, he's too pretty.... like I told Rafaelle, what is he? 16?? He's pretty and sexy.. just NOT the rough and rugged beauty that RSB has, one that appeals to me... also i'm after his experience too. Plus the explanation of the character seems to fit him so well.

Archived